Why was it so bad?

Why was it so bad?

gee I wonder why

Do you have a real reason?

>Steven "Tumblr" Universe
Just look at the image you posted, there's your answer.

We just a thread using this same picture and the same topic.
Flip a coin, if heads its /tumblr/, if tails its Sup Forums, lands on the side, eat Thallium

Well, we didn't finish the discussion

Because it's Steven Universe.

Sorese is a bad writer

>giant forehead
>no chin
>nose ridge merges with forehead
>bean eyebrows

This artstyle is anal waste.

They switched artists and rushed the ending.

It's a notorious practice of the company, apparently they do it quite a lot, get a decent artist for the beginning and then drop them for someone cheap for the second half.

Nope, just fact. But thanks for pointing out what it isn't so that other people like you won't get confused.

show literally gives a shit about plot progress, the only thing separating this show from being the blandest slice of life you can find, is the delayed plot that sugar promised

That's sketchy

Depends on the storyboarder. Sometimes the artstyle really shines, but then you have things like

>fact - a piece of information presented as having objective reality
And exactly how is this objective?
Stop being a cunt.

hey guys we have two directions we can take this show in

we can build the lore and make a compellling plot

or we can go full tumblr and pat ourselves on the back for "representation"

is that a theory user? what is it? That she's green diamond and that's why she can fuse?

Not enough mut of the teacher, that was the bad part.

How did it go "Full Tumblr"?

They're not doing either. Tumblr is about as angry as you guys are, though for different reasons.

>tfw you like a show but it wasted an entire plot arc, and the payoff to that was barely worth it.

At this point if a show can't tell it's story in a season I can be pretty sure it's going to be shit.

Has there been western cartoon with an overarching plot with more than three seasons worth a damn in the past decade?

Probably not, and I was very annoyed with how damn long SU lingered with the whole search for Peridot, Peridot on farm, and quirky Peridot bullshit. Because Malachite plotline became heavily underwhelming as a result.

It's the evangelion of Sup Forums. Highly praise show that people think is "in2deep4u" but all it really about is an autistic kid being raised by space gem lesbians. It's "sad moments" is served on a platter made of cheese and a blunt force to the head. It's mostly filler episodes that give DBZ a run for it's dragon balls. SU is literally trying to be BTAS. SU fan base is the love child of the MLP and DaS fan bases, obnoxious, whiney and annoying. That's part of my opinion on it anyway.

bad source material

Its on to four seasons and still has no existing plot beyond generic MUH REBELLION AGAINST OPPRESSIVE EMPIRE OF EVILS HURR.

You would think they solve that plot issue two seasons ago but no its the fourth fucking season we dont know anything about the gem homeworld at all.

I actually buy that one..
Trust me It's worth every penny.

its to build up an air of suspense and mystery, when we finally see homeworld it'll be more impactful

because i dont like it
therefore its tumblr

>It's the evangelion of Sup Forums
Not even going to read the rest of your post. I can already tell it's going to be the most retarded shit I've ever read.

Honestly this, the worst episode of NGE is still hundreds of times better than the very best episode(s) of SU could ever hope to be

I haven't read the comic but guessing by the cover/title it's a "steven goes to school" type of thing yeah? The reason something like this flops is because this trope has been done to death. "Kid with super powers goes to school and shenanigans ensue". Part of the charm of SU is that it never had any of those stupid tropey "kid in school by day, hero by night" things.

I actually used to like this show, but it focused on boring and uninteresting stories and characters. It also went in a lice of life direction, which is not a good thing.

The show is just wasted potential and endless teasing.

*slice of life

What source material? Rebecca Sugar or is there something else?

SU itself is bad

why should anything involving it be good?

Once it gets there it's going to be underwhelming and not worth the wait.

This, basically. It's going the AT route of creating expectations the writers clearly don't want to fulfill, and never could because of the build up.

If people hate this show so much, why go into a thread about a very specific comic just to not even talk about it?

Because if i just wanted positive feedback id check tumblr or reddit.
Also storytime when OP

To show disapproval and tell them they belong in the where the SU general actually was for a while.

They keep coming back much like their mother's STDs.

Because it did not take risks. Everything was played safe and it shows.

Actually, I don't have it, does anyone have a link to it?

Now that you mention it, how is AT doing?

>lice of life
strangely appropriate typo

Because the source material is absolutely dog shit?

checked

Man what the fuck are you even talking about? At what point does the show "pat theirselves on the pack for representation"? Seriously.

Only right answer.

>muh feels
YOU LOST!

Can someone Storytime this? I want to see how bad it is.

i do

of course he doesn't

>the worst episode of NGE

which one would that be?

Seems like the reason's right there in the title. "Too Cool For School". Anyone who gets called that, even as a compliment, is usually at least a little shit.

Do you really want "what if SU was a shitty 90s show with even worse art?"

>NGE is good meme
When can we just admit it was boring sterile wank that got famous off of shock value.

Whichever one (You) like the most.

Unironically Episode 9. The attention to detail seems to encourage more symbolism-chasing bullshit than usual, but it has less meat to it than other episodes that do the same thing.

Wow a funny OOC drawing with a macro. You totally owned that guy.

That show's a lot of things, but it's not sterile. The amount of NEET seed spilled and lives wasted by that series proves that it is decidedly unclean.

Come on. Someone must have this book.

Does Avatar the Lasr Airbender count, or is it too old?

Dragon Ball Z

SU is great faggot

Hanging out mostly. They're gonna do a second miseries in 2017 about Finn exploring islands with humans in them, mite b cool.
Season 7 was a step up I felt.

that doesn't sound bad

Don't you dare compare a masterpiece with an objective piece of garbage

here's a hint: the good show is Evangelion