We talk a lot about Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes, but what are some other daily strips you actually enjoy?

We talk a lot about Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes, but what are some other daily strips you actually enjoy?
Personally I have a soft spot for Hägar the Horrible, though I don't keep up with the new stuff. Sadly Chris Browne is missing a certain something his father had, both in art and humor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mLccxrDgi5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, I read a fair amount each day. I keep wanting to try to start a daily thread, but I am busy with finals right now.

I like Lio, My Cage, the new Dick Tracy team is pretty great, Red and Rover I think is really quite charming.

There is a lot of pretty good stuff out there, and the whole reading every day thing I enjoy immensely.

I unironically enjoy Heathcliff

You don't deserve to live.

I'm pretty sure everyone on the Heathcliff threads unironically Heathcliff.

Pearls Before Swine is pretty funny, and Mutts is both adorable and has nice art. Not much besides those.

As far as defunct strips go, however, nothing beats Pogo.

Foxtrot is great. One of my favorites.
Jason is one of the best characters in comic strips and the interactions between the parents and the kids seems real and touching.
I love it

>daily
I was gonna say Bloom County, but is that even daily?

Anyone else read Pearls Before Swine?

One of my all time favorites just above Calvin & Hobbes will always be the strips featuring Opus and Co., specifically Bloom County.

The Chuck Jones vibes from the artwork, the raunchy undertones that exist to sell a joke and not just to get a cheap gross out, not to mention I love how half of the side characters could carry the strip themselves. Gotten more laughs out of it than most Adult Swim shows.

Berkeley Breathed is a pretty cool dude, as well. Got him to sign and personalize a treasury collection at Comic Con a few years back, even sketched me a Steve Dallas on the spot.

Not to mention while the triggers may not be the same, a lot of the zingers carry through to this day

Why does his lettering look exactly like Garry Trudeau's?

I enjoy reading sweet, comfy sol strips
Rose is Rose is one of my favorites, but I've also started getting into Life With Kurami
The mom is so god damn cute

I'd say it is if you mean the 2016 reboot

I enjoy the occasional new one, though the classics are hard to pass up or ignore.

Screw it, I'm dumping a few.

Are there any newspaper cartoonists that we could get to come to Sup Forums? I think it'd be kinda cool for something like that to happen.

I like to imagine the narrator in these strips sound the same as the one from those Goofy Instructional Videos.

That last one could really do with dropping the fourth panel.

Dilbert is the only comic strip left that makes me laugh.

Steve Dallas is based.
Now I have to reread the whole series. I'm glad I bought those hardcover collections.

Yes, yes he is.

And just to wrap up, while we didn't get to see a lot of the old cast, I does warm my heart that Opus was one of the few comic strip characters to get animated.

youtube.com/watch?v=mLccxrDgi5U

My nigga.

I'm so sorry, user.

THICCC

What did you guys think of the animated series?

Possibly the biggest tit mom in newsprint history
the creator is so fucking nice

lel

My favorite.

Anyone remember where this character's from? Its about a bunch of jerks in a coffee shop.

Never mind, it's Rudy Park.

came to post Foxtrot

Foxtrot is great.

bump

>Rose is Rose
Ohh that's a good one.

Sup Forums generally loves it

personally I didn't like it as a kid. haven't watched it since. the comic in the other hand found it's mark as i grew older.

That man drew the perfect MILF, criticism be damned.

Why does that baby have such a weeb name?

Hit and miss. There's some good hits in there but some lame flops as well. Pretty good for a '90s sitcom.