What happened in between New Hope and ESB that turned Darth Vader into such a smug quipster?

What happened in between New Hope and ESB that turned Darth Vader into such a smug quipster?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Character development

>medical droid P4V-37, I'm Empire

What happened in between New Hope and ESB that turned Darth Vader from a slick looking errant boy into such a smug Vice Emperor?

Those questions will be answered in 2022 Disney's Star Wars: Vader Down

Being a failer, like this thread

Laser Moon became self-conscious and destroyed Alderaan. Couple that with Leia disappearing for 3 years and Palpatine being a clueless hack and the temptation of those sweet Midi-chlorians and you can see why he gave in.

Who told Vader that Luke was his son? Who snitched?

Becoming a major character that drove the plot

Vader was just right - the boast that he'd made before the assembled Moffs, that their battlestation was nothing compared to the power of the Force, was proven correct. The whole Death Star, which probably cost billions if not trillions of credits to build, was annihilated by a Force-sensitive farmboy flying an obsolete fighter craft. The Emperor not only refocused his efforts on the primacy of the Force, but was obligated to acknowledge that Vader was now one of his greatest assets - especially due to the latter's relationship with the aforementioned farmboy.

Furthermore, there was undoubtedly a huge power vacuum in the Imperial hierarchy. A significant portion of the Empire's highest-ranking officers were likely aboard the Death Star when it was destroyed. Vader, by merit of being right and being alive, got a promotion.

From a practical standpoint, Vader's character became more important. He was a lot more deeply involved in the plot and had to wield increased gravitas as result. It just made sense.

Better writing.

>X-Wing
>Obsolete

Woodoo hide

he was bumped up in the command chain after tarkin and the death star died. he was a quipster already in ANH he just toned it down around officers but in ESB he gets to be a dickhead to everyone

>If this is a consular ship, where is the ambassador?
>I find your lack of faith disturbing
>When we met, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Vader always delivered these types of lines you dumbass, RO just went full MCU quip tier with "be careful not to...CHOKE on your ambitions *move sidewats to reveal signature force choke hand gesture* Director...:

legs too skinny

>If this is a consular ship, where is the ambassador?

thanks for reminding me that entire dialogue is total bullshit now that Rogue One fucking retroactively ruined the beginning of ANH

Well put.

Dunno if the X-wing was really obsolete though, but it doesn't really matter anyhow.

basically this. like the penguin in Gotham

weren't they cut off

Did everyone suddenly forget that Anakin has always been a notorious quipster?

Try watching A New Hope more than once. It was obvious, even when I saw it at 10 years old, that Vader knew the rebel was BSing him and calling him out on it.

Don't forget about that fiasco at the Life Day parade.

>create crack in glass
>vaccum of space sucks you out

Vader is so retarded holy shit

of course leia and the rebel are bullshitting it makes sense, what doesnt make sense is bullshitting after just spacing away from a massive space battle that ended in the death star blowing up a city and your ship fleeing from darth fucking vader chopping your soldiers in half

*Christmas parade
Palpatine wanted it changed and his orders were final.

glass is made of sand it triggers vader

His personality was wildly different in ESB than it was in New Hope and Jedi. Seemed colder and more evil in ESB

He was no longer subordinate to anyone but the emperor once Tarkin died. ESB is basically Vader unleashed.

Watch it, Vader!

Yeah it's pretty dumb, but I guess it still makes sense, what else would he say?

>i find your lack of faith distuurbing
Also, admiral motti mentions "stolen data tapes". The rebel in Rogue One has a memory card in his hand not even a magnetic hard drive. Rogue One should be burned to the ground.

Was the officer in this scene a traitor/rebel spy?

dunno, with rogue one fucking things up id have the rebel dude lie about the tape not being there or some shit

Side note, that's actually how Wedge Antilles' parents died. Look it up.

Make sure everybody has Zimas

Bullshit criticism. You don't know what they call the memory card in that universe. That could be their version of a "tape."

Just went and checked Auralnauts.
Shit, The Last Laser Master isn't out yet.

EU is fake news

Don't try and pretend the "I find your lack of faith disturbing" line in ANH wasn't a quip.

Holy shit those videos are fucking masterpieces.
It's coming out soon I think.

A few months ago, a new form of compact data tape cartridge was invented that's basically just a big memory card.

A tape drive computer doesn't have to have big spools of tape like something out of the 1960s.

Yeah it looks like they didn't even try. The "data TAPE" (singular) looked like a Koh'ls gift card with rings on it. I guess the rings are laser tapes that spin out data or some shit like that. Tapes made out of khyber crystal energons or some nufangled garbage. Even Lucas would have done that lazy shit better.

Vader didn't even snatch the memory card out of the rebel's hand with the force. Instead it looked edgier to see him get disembowled thru the ship's door with the saber. Fuck Rogue One. Lazy writers.

>Vader was just right - the boast that he'd made before the assembled Moffs, that their battlestation was nothing compared to the power of the Force, was proven correct. The whole Death Star, which probably cost billions if not trillions of credits to build, was annihilated by a Force-sensitive farmboy flying an obsolete fighter craft.

As if anyone would make such a dumb mistake in real life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

As if Vader cared about getting back a fucking memory card

He probably didn't want to fill out whatever paperwork he'd have to do.

They stole a big ass thing with the data on it from the Empire.

Whatever data or portion of data was transmitted and put into the rebellion's data storage is something else.

the escape pod could have been bait from the rebels to trick the empire into destroying the evidence (death star plans)

The rebel in Rogue One has a memory card in his hand not even a magnetic hard drive.
>Even Lucas would have done that lazy

You dipshits do realize that the data tape was already shown in STAR WARS, right?

C-3PO tells Artoo that they aren't permitted in the escape pod. I always assumed that it was against protocol for droids to take escape pods since they would/should be reserved for living personnel.

The bigger question is why would the Empire want to shoot down an escape pod anyway? Wouldn't you want to search the pod for the death star plans. How shitty would it be to blow the plans up and then never know for sure if the Rebellion still had them or not.

>X-Wing
>Obsolete

Nigga it was like the best spacefighter of the galaxy at this time.

Leia had a floppy disk. A floppy disk is not a tape. It's a magnetic disk. The Rogue One idiot writers thought a floppy was a cassette. Shit made me spit out my orange juice.

Fucking kek. You got me.

>A floppy disk is not a tape. It's a magnetic disk. The Rogue One idiot writers thought a floppy was a cassette.

What the fuck are you talking about. Jyn Erso and Cassian stle the Data Tape from Scarif. The information was then beams up to the Profundity and put onto what we see in the movie, which was designed to look like exactly what Leia has in ANH.

What is your argument? Did you think what Leia had WAS the tape?

Ans nobody even argues why the wealthy empire has only data tapes and not memory disk storage, yet the brokefag rebellion has one floppy disk that could fit holograms of entire death star plans and holographic text messaging as well.

>vaccum of space sucks you out
Did you fail physics in High School?

>After the war game was restarted, its participants were forced to follow a script drafted to ensure a Blue Force victory. Among other rules imposed by this script, Red Force was ordered to turn on their anti-aircraft radar in order for them to be destroyed, and was not allowed to shoot down any of the aircraft bringing Blue Force troops ashore.
jesus fucking christ how embarrassing

Okay, fine. Doesn't really change anything though. Point is that the Force allowed a lone pilot to defeat the full might of Imperial military spending.

they were sure
even disregarding Rogue One, they blew up a fucking planet because they were so sure
anyway in a dictatorial oppressive government like the Empire evidence isn't needed, if they want to fuck with you they'll fuck with you

Dumbass, he was always a big deal. That's why he and Tarkin had private meetings.

>being the chief's bitch boi makes you a big deal

>Chief guy with knowledge of the force
>Single handedly killed all Jedi
>Trusted with the latest news of the Emperor of the fucking galaxy's political upset
>Set the "track the ship" plan in motion
>"Bitch boi"
When you watched Star Wars for the first time, did you actually see Vader as just some dumb goon? Was kid you that retarded?

His father built r2d2

probably being around dr aphra