So how would you have defeated them Sup Forums?

So how would you have defeated them Sup Forums?

I would have the first 5 rows of Persians smash against Spartan shield, then I would have the 6 and 7th row of Persians crawl under the legs of the first 5 rows and when they reach the frontline stab the Spartans in the feet and legs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demaratus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helots
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keep firing arrows.

I'd throw big rocks at them.

Unsheath my katana and kill all 30 with one slash.
Nothin personell.

Worked in real life.

A catapult.

Defeat the Athenians instead. They are the real threat.

Why exactly couldn't they just keep sending soldiers until the Spartas died, if only from being unable to perform well in combat due to exhaustion or lack of sleep?

>psst, i heard you hate athens, how bout we fuck em up and slave them?

Find the best boipucci in the thousand nations of Persia.
The greeks, unable to control their pedohomolust will break formation to fuck the boys. Then you kill them post-coitus.

ladders. Seriously, just build some fucking ladders to climb the cliffs and flank them.

Make all the soldiers poop, gather it up to put it into a catapault and hurl it at the Spartans

Attack when the sun is on their face.

I would stop invading the west return home renounce islam and stop being a degenerate

they still needed their army not mostly dead for fucking shit up after the spartans were defeated?

>Elite spear infantry occupying a gap between two cliffs

>A heavy cavalry charge would work but would probably take losses from the spears
>Those big shields and their disciplined formation make archers pretty ineffective
>Infantry assault as in the film is never going to work

If time was on my side I'd probably harrass them night and day with constant missile fire from skirmishing archers and slingers and eventually charge any exhausted survivors with cavalry.

If I had to deal with them quickly, artillery.

If I had to deal with them right fucking now, heavy cavalry charge.

Small area forces your troops to approach in one narrow pass, any troops you have that retreat will slow the advance of your reserves, and you will have troops that rout considering they are going up against well trained and well equipped warriors holding a bottleneck with no possibility of flanking them. Morale is important, and sending hundreds or thousands of men to their deaths isn't going to inspire the next group you send in to perform any better.

use siege weapons and constant arrow fire like a not retard

>ancient persia
>islam

fire arrows aren't a thing

Worked for the soviets

War dogs.

Where is their armor?
I mean at least a breastplate or some pants would seem appropriate.

>heavy cavalry charge into the best spearmen history ever produced

Allahu ackbar!

ur right oops, still you get the idea

>american education

Build siege weapons and hammer them

Or just go around them.

Spears aren't pikes, and heavy cavalry fuck unarmored infantry especially on the charge.

Real men don't need armor in battle

Dracarys

run at them naked

>Heavy cavalry. With ancient horses.

They weren't big enough yet.

I'm just saying you should at least protect your dignity.

Just snipe them one by one with arrows. Archers on the cliffs and what knot

Real life isn't a game of Total War, and horses didn't charge headlong into spear walls in real battles, horses are living things and even with training they aren't going to charge into a giant spike. Maybe if they could flank them, but obviously they couldn't.

Why didnt 300 include Demaratus as a character among Xerxes' forces?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demaratus
>Demaratus was a king of Sparta from 515 until 491 BC, 15th of the Eurypontid line, successor to his father Ariston. As king, he is known chiefly for his opposition to the other, co-ruling Spartan king, Cleomenes I. He later migrated to Achaemenid Persia where he was given asylum and land, and fought on the Persian side during the Second Persian invasion of Greece.

Why didn't 300 show how Persia financed democratic movements within the Greek city States?

Why didn't 300 mention the Helots?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helots
>The helots were a subjugated population group that formed the main population of the territory controlled by Sparta. According to Critias, they were "slaves to the utmost" and were owned by the state. Tied to the land, they primarily worked in agriculture as a majority and economically supported the Spartan citizens.
Why didn't 300 mention how the Spartan rite of passage for a boy to become a man was to find a strong looking Helot and murder him? Why did 300 have Leonidas kill a wolf instead?

Because it's based on a comic, not history.

The ancient persians loved their horsemen

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Why did 300 have Leonidas kill a wolf instead?
It's called symbolism.
That "wolf" was a depiction of the base nature of a helot. A brutal, cowardly beast needing to be either chained up or put down.

>sorry little retard guy our battle formation is everything and must not be compromised
>break ranks within the first 20 seconds

What was meant by this?

You'll just make them fight in the shade

*charges your strong hold*

So it's better to have their army gradually whittled away by sending small waves?

Hannibal would have wrecked Rome if he'd been able to get any number of those fuckers over the Alps.

But that's exactly what Xerxes was doing by slowly sending waves.

well then I'd politely ask for them to fight in the sun

BECAUSE AMERICA

>That "wolf" was a depiction of the base nature of a helot. A brutal, cowardly beast needing to be either chained up or put down.

You might be having a giggle with me, but I'll take your point unironically. Especially since the Spartans used to make Helots dress in dog skins and do humiliating dances.

psssh nothin personnel

Hannibal B only managed to get one of them pass across the Alps.

I thought he did
did they all die?

I would have ordered the entire army forwards at the same time including the elephants and rhinos creating a crush that would make hillsborough look like a queue for the bank

Time warp, sorry.

Yes, and no. While he lost a lot of men and Elephants in the Alps, he still needed sieging equipment and reinforcement he ultimately never got. The Carthegenian elders hated him and want to throw a wrench in his plans, even if it doomed them. I wished Hannibal won, but it was ultimately not his fate.

They are easily scared off. More of a psychological weapon than a real one. They are also tamed, not domesticated with a ridiculous slow reproduction cycle.

I get the idea that you're a braindead ameridiot alright

D-DELET THIS

why didn't dumbo just fly the elephants to mount rome?

Why did the Elders dislike him?

I think only 10 or so out of 80 survived, and 4 killed in the first major battle that Hannibal won. I think Hannibal used the last one has his sorta special mount.

Location is the only reason the spartan help for so long. Pretty fucking smart of leonidas

So, how much truth is there in the history of Hannibal's father forced him to swear an oath to destroy Rome while his hands were at the bottom of a jar full of an ox's blood?

I'd time travel back with an F-16 and trounce them.

>not the pride of the American navy, the British made Harrier jet

it was actually a jar full of cum

Fuck off traitor.

He simply made political enemies. Forgot the dudes name, but im correct there was one guy whos job was to go against Hannibal, kinda like his political opponent. After the total ass rape he did to Rome in Cannae, he sent letters to get more reinforcement to choke rome or possibly seige it. However, non came and he literally sat in Itally like a sitting duck for 17 or so years.

At that time, Scipio was ass raping Carthage and the Elders with their tails under their legs called Hannibal to come back and defend against him. He ultimately loss since Scipio studied Hannibal tricks and Hannibal's army was not only fresh as fuck, they spoke different languages make commands harder to give, and the elephants were young and ill trained(which I think half of them trampled their own ranks and charged early without orders). As you can tell, even tho it happened thousands of years ago, I'm still ass mad for Hannibal. A true underdog.

>Ox's blood.
>Implying it wasn't a child's blood.

Do you believe that Scipio and Hannibal ever actually spoke? To me that story, and the variations of it, seem a bit far fetched.

Throw full-grown cows with catapults.

Bring up all the javelins I can and pelt the fuck out of them. Then get some heavy infantry with javelins and have them pelt the fuck out of them during a charge.

This is how the Romans beat the Macedonians, who had perfected the type of warfare the spartans used.

Before or after Zama? I think so, but who knows. He must have eventually met with Scipio after the war to see who beat him.

300 is retarded, a Spartan royal bodyguard would have been one of the most heavily armored military units in the world at that time, not composed of naked warriors. They also accuse Athenians (Corinthians? I forget) of being boyfuckers even though Spartans openly fucked each other.

Tell those dudes with the firebombs to throw over/around the shields instead of directly at them.

"Ancient Persia" is a period that spanned over 1000 years and their military went through many reforms in that period.

Just gotta go to Afghanistan brah

awww fuck now i want to play this game again.

elephants were a classical era meme, there's a reason they weren't ever used as weapons of war after that

not at all effective for what they were, just scary to dumb italian peasants

>when all your best assassins become catamites and you begin to suspect a secret society of young boy fucking killers

Yea, not sure why they wanted to strip the Spartans without armour when armour looks way cool. Probably wanted to get the female/gay audience while larping as alpha high test film.

yes they were, cataphracts have been a thing forever

It's because that is how they are portrayed in the comic.

It's because ancients artist did the same with some jars. They are sometimes portrayed naked to show off their perfect bodies.

kek
did they say this in the movie? i swear i heard that line in a movie somewhere about arrows and fighting in the shade.

>I wished Hannibal won
Sandnigger detected

send in 300 boys and then send in second wave. the spartans will be too busy fucking the boys to defend themselves from the second wave. and someone better go back in time, film it and post video.

*pilas u*

There are no orcs in the comic.

Bronze armor typically portrayed muscles back then, which is what those artists were illustrating.

It's a real quote supposedly. The Spartans were famous for their wit, in fact, the term "Laconic wit" references the peninsula which Sparta was a part of.

>Bronze armor typically portrayed muscles back then, which is what those artists were illustrating.

Not when you can clearly see their dicks. Not all examples did this, but some did.

Artillery isn't referred to as the "king of battle" for nothing.

>for a boy to become a man was to find a strong looking Helot and murder him

rape from behind while strangling young and handsome helot

maybe the artists were just faggots?

>throw around propaganda that Spartan women should be able to vote
>also make it so Spartan women can be independent and find their own careers, thus ruining the traditional family model
>begin preaching of diversity and how Sparta needs kebab and rug stores
>allow millions of Persians to immigrate, but they don't assimilate, they just form their own micro communities within Sparta
>Spartans now have a low birth rate, none of them are getting married and having children meanwhile the Persian immigrants are breeding like rabbits
>Spartan men just preoccupy themselves with sharing scripts with frog drawings and talking about theater and Banodeous was a big Spartan, laying around the temples
>Spartan women complain as their independence has ultimately led to their unhappiness and they too attempt to fill the void with having sex with multiple men, including Persians
>a century later Sparta is Persia without a single man lost

Greeks hated women so much that they would rather fuck each other.

Sneak behind them stealthily. Kill them off one by one with just a dagger. Wipe my hands, "Heh, easy." and wander the wilderness until I stumble upon my next target.

Fair enough.

13 series memester detected.