Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4teJPCcJSQ0
furiousfanboys.com/2015/04/28/videolab-admits-to-misrepresenting-man-of-steel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>am an atheist
>still think MoS was a great film
try again

I know Christians are lame as fuck, but surely they couldn't fall for this

comparing Superman to Jesus is literally the easiest thing in the world.

its like comparing Sauron with Satan or Voldemort with Hilter. It's so fucking blindingly obvious

if they buy an omnipotent sky daddy, then anything is fair game

>DCEU fans

Isn't that like 'unicorn owners'

megachurches in the US literally sent their congregations to see this trainwreck in theatre, look it up

Damn that's subtle. Truly a work of art

Bravo Snyder

The problem is the forced and obvious symbolism that Snyder puts

Which one?

>there are still people who don't understand that the point of this scene is that the priest is projecting what he wants Superman to be on to Clark
the problem with MCUcks is that they assume Snyder is as dumb as they are

>this thread

When they make shit like this it's kind of hard to take any of them seriously

i remember when this was first posted here, it was obviously a joke. it's not our fault that you're so obtuse. "snyder carries the weight of Super Kino." don't be such a fucking retard next time.

>christians gobbling jewish myths yet again
(((they))) can keep getting away with it, it's hilarious

every thread

>Protestants
>christians

I've legitimately seen Snyderfags post that exact picture in those "Sunday Capekino" threads. Fucking embarrassing

its a protestant kind of feel

fair point

why would christians like it? its more blasphemous than anything. It implies there is no real GOD but some fucking alien that is scared of green rocks and whole world should turn from God to this false fag. I fucking hate that they are trying to mix this fantasy universe with religion

Protestants are weird, we'll do anything if we can vaguely connect it to religion. My church's youth ministry had a basketball hoop and gave out red bull.

>intelligent people can't make serious points with a sense of humor

.you are clearly not sophisticated enough to understand satire. no wonder you don't understand BvS. go back.

It doesn't imply that at all. Some people in the movie see him as a god, but he himself knows that he's not and never claims to be divine.

explain your motivation for this post

They call him a god in the 1978 movie. It's MoS and BvS that make a point about perspective and reveal that Clark is but a man.

Superman, like all true mythological heroes, is a reflection of the Son. We are better able to understand how to operate in the world, and know the nature of god, through the example of mythological heroes. Which is why the Bible is narrative.

The fact that a major point of the movie is that Superman can't save the day alone by himself, needing to team-up with the military, and that even then he doesn't get to enjoy a full win, should pretty much clue the audience on the fact that he's no God, despite people seeing him as that.

jesus do I hate snyder's color palette. hollywood coloring is a problem in general but snyder takes it to a different level.

God gave his son that we can be absolved of our sins only so later some kryptonians can come and destroy his whole creation unless some other kryptofag saves the day. Nigga, please, you're making a superhero movie in universe with trillion dieties that do something but real GOD is shown doing literally nothing. forr example when that dude died in bruce tower, he had better chance of surviving if he called superman for help.

Yeah I only went to Christian schools growing up because they were the best ones in the area and was forced to go to church and it's hard to imagine them getting on board with something like this. Though we had some American Christians visit the school and promote some weird religious getaway thing once and it was clear they were different. Took the whole thing very seriously.

I have nothing against Snyder, I even like MoS, but you fags make me hate him

nobody cares what you think

thank god Patty Jenkins was smart enough to move away from Snyder's garbage visual style for WW

the restoration is fairly bad itself, but still better. it's bizarre. hope whedon brings back proper colors into jl without greying out like in the mcu.

BvS was full of color.

the top is altered. that is not how the film actually looks.

Perfect

OP Seriously...

The religious stuff in Mos is only...
> The church scene...
> The cross pose in space...
> The 1 line about him being 33 years old...

That makes for less then 2 minutes of a 140 minute movie.
If you think that is enough to have any barring on the quality of the overall film or is a notable reason why ANY rational person likes the film, your fucking insane.
It's beyond irrelevant and yet you fucking retards both haters & "fans" alike won't shut the fuck up about it.

Mos is among my favorite films and you could remove those 3 moments I mentioned and very little would change.

This

>You just didn't understand!
Fuck off

The DCEU is chock full of references to mythology and religion and it's fucking obnoxious. Luthor's entire motivation in BvS is based on Superman being a godlike figure delivered through his cringeworthy rants

>The 1 line about him being 33 years old..

Gross I had completely forgot about that. But those definitely aren't the only moments...just off the top of my head there's the conversation Jor-El has about him being a god then there's one more cross pose scene underwater

>Jor-El has about him being a god
He meant in terms of power & durability. Lara had just stated her fear that humans would kill him.

The very comics portray the DC heroes as modern mythological beings, going as far to imply that the very mythological characters were aliens or met-humans creating a link between the mythological past and the current affairs.

pretty sure it isn't

this one's a lot better, thanks. especially the sky and the fields.

fake and gay
some images arent even from mos

It's okay man, don't strain yourself. We all belive you have a very 'special' brain!

>That makes for less then 2 minutes of a 140 minute movie.

Bullshit, the church scene alone is 3 minutes long

youtube.com/watch?v=4teJPCcJSQ0

That clip is including a childhood flashback which has no imagery in it.

Superior high IQ Christians prefer Hellboy anyway.

wrong. SOME writers make potray DC heroes as mythological beings but most of the good ones DON'T.

there's a reason Batman is the most human League member and sells the most comics

SO DEEP
Bravo, Zack!

Warners actively promoted this.
They sent out press releases to pastors to tell them what to preach to their congregation.

Amen to that.

>wrong. SOME writers make potray DC heroes as mythological beings but most of the good ones DON'T.
Naw. Most of the good ones do.
They're just not shitty like Snyder is.
Even Batman works great as an urban mythic figure.
DC has always been more mythological than realistic and grounded. Marvel was always the more down to Earth superhero brand, even with their cosmic shit.

>snaps necks
>destroys personal property out of spite
>has no regard for human casualties or property damage
>visibly dislikes saving lives
>has little to no personality or likable characteristics as a person

just like my lord and savior! bravo zack

and it also contains entire action scenes that are hardly visible because they're so darkly lit

Fucking bingo.

You'd make a better case if the image you picked wasn't a reference to Apollo, Icarus, and how "gods" can cause Man to fall by simple virtue of existing.

I've seen hundreds of movies in the theater and the only time I've ever fallen asleep was during Man of Steel

Pretty sure it is.

furiousfanboys.com/2015/04/28/videolab-admits-to-misrepresenting-man-of-steel/

The video your stills came from doesn't even exist anymore.