Star Trek and CBS ALL ACCESS

Whoa Whoa Whoa, hold the fuck up. Let me get this strait, you want me to pay $6 dollars a month ($10 dollars without commercials) to watch Star Trek. So if you are expecting to watch it next Sunday, you can kiss that good-bye

LOL fuck that. I don't pay CBS to watch 1 show I "might" be interested in. Pay them WITH commercials, haha, you gotta be kidding me. People are actually buying this? Suckers born every minute.

Other urls found in this thread:

stargatecommand.co/home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean, if you got money to burn and love the new show then presumably paying for it will encourage more to be made, or at least keep it from getting cancelled.

Is he right?

CBS all access is so strange. They put shows on there that they know have a fanbase, (The Good Fight/The Good Wife, Young Sheldon/TBBT, and now Star Trakk) but they know damn well those people most of whom are 40+ will no way in hell watch some streaming shit and only watch cbs because they lost the remote years ago.

Me watching, and sitting through commercial advertisement IS showing that I'm willing to watch.

CBS wants you to sit through commercials (or pay more) AND get money for commercial ads. They want to double gouge the fuck out of people. That's hilarious.

My question, are people really that fucking stupid enough to pay for this "service"?

>implying millennials would ever be caught dead paying for stuff
>implying 40+ people would ever care to look up how to internet to get this shit for free

OR

Get both for Free

EVERYBODY WINS

they're getting people used to the idea before they remove most of the Star Trek seasons off of Netflix. so they'll leave maybe like one season for each show still available to watch on Netflix.

then eventually maybe they'll remove all Star Trek except Discovery off of Netflix

Go to bed, you're clearly drunk.

This shit is going to turn me into a pirate, I just never did it cause I was a lazy faggot. I have the money to buy this shit, but it's seriously the principle of the matter. I'm not paying a network to watch commercials. THATS FUCKING STUPID.

Imagine if Netflix had commercials in it. You are watching a movie, and boom, a commercial. You would stop and ask yourself, wtf am I paying for?

The connivence of netflix is that they do have all the seasons, take that away and it becomes a lesser value. If consumers buy this CBS all access, they are seriously cutting their own throats, now and for the longevity.

These networks make fuck tons of money by advertising alone, now they want to take from the viewer too. Insane, fucking bat shit insane, and people are stupid enough to fall for it I guess.

So pretty much like MGM is doing with Stargate Franchise, huh

stargatecommand.co/home

even if you paid the full 5 months @5.99 for all 15 eps thats only $2 per ep

you should have gotten a free month when you signed up so its less than $1.60 per ep

stop being chepasses

you also get access to thousands hours of other programming while your sub is active

thanks fellow legitimate Sup Forums poster

with CBS All Access™ you can watch all your favorite CBS programs, such as The Big Bang Theory, and The Big Bang Theory

Principles. You have none.
They make FUCK TONS of money on advertising. Now they want to take more from the consumer. Give me a break. They can keep it. If you are already willing to sit through commercials, you have paid for it.

The fact that you would even fucking defend this just shows you're already their bitch, and they Thank you Very Much $$$$$$

The poor folk are getting the better end of that deal.

Thats right!

Pay up faggots, cbs demands your shekels

no they dont, you arent getting it. they dont play this on the CBS network stations that have tens of millions of viewers

they probably have fewer than 500k new sub sign ups for this show.

advertisers wont pay shit to show ads to a handful of scrubs watching an online only show. theres a very legitimate shot that this show goes over budget

nobody asked them to spend $60 million on an attempt at turning nu-trek into a tv show

if that is what people had wanted, then the orville (which costs a fraction of STD) wouldn't even be on anyone's radar

>there are people who will pay to watch Star Trek in 2017 just like they did in 2001 with Enterprise
top kek senpai

>have to pay more to have no ads
what a great service

There are really only two shows on this network now, the rest is just regular CBS shows that no one would pay to watch. I think they might have some older shows like Taxi on there too, but I don't think it's even the full series. It's not enough for me to bother paying for it. The new Star Trek show doesn't interest me, and The Good Fight might be okay, but I've got other stuff to watch.

lets say there are 4 ads per ep x 15 eps = 90 ads

that equates to a whopping .04c per ad. thats how much value CBS puts on the ads you are watching

>I'm not paying a network to watch commercials. THATS FUCKING STUPID.
Do you understand that that's how cable television has worked since its inception?

blame hulu. they have people paying to watch commercials too

>if that is what people had wanted, then the orville (which costs a fraction of STD) wouldn't even be on anyone's radar
It's not on anyone's radar.

er 6 per ep

I pay Hulu to NOT watch commercials.

cable originally had no commercials. commercials only came back as the amount of programming increased thus increasing the value of cable.

Netflix/Amazon Prime or nothing at all.

I ain't payin' for one goddamn show nomatter how much I like it.

You don't just get one show

You get all of this CBSkino!

At least on Cable Television I can set it to my DVR and fast forward past the commercials. CBS All Access FORCES you to watch them, unless you pay them more $$$$ to remove them.
Again, FUCKING STUPID.

I've never wanted anything less.

That's not a selling point. I work all week, and spend time with friends and family on the weekends, why the fuck do I want to sit around and watch a bunch of old shit that I've already seen or have no desire to see.

Again, that's not a selling point.

>not just using abp
retard

8.5 million dollars per episode.

Game of thrones is 6 million per episode.

Internet originally had no ads, ads only came back as the amount of users increased thus increasing the value of the web

I want off this ride.

me too

what da fuck lmao

and GOT actually has to be filmed in various foreign locations

Or we can pirate both then complain like paying customers.

The future is truly now.

Congratulations on wrapping your mind around an incredibly simple business model.

Fuck this shit Sup Forums is filled with shillers now i'm out

I have a relative that's 50 who gets ripped movies regularly but he doesn't do it himself, he has some friend or another do it, who I think is in his 30s
this stuff has a splash zone, so to speak