ITT: Criminals not undone by greed, ego, stupidity or a crazy bitch

ITT: Criminals not undone by greed, ego, stupidity or a crazy bitch

good luck

>dedication to protecting his homeland from the foreign hordes was his downfall.

i dont kill no fuckin kids mang

Truly a Shakespearean tragic hero

>not undone by greed

Also arguably hanzee. And maybe Floyd

Vito was undone by shortcomings though, and he even admits that. He wasn't a great parent and gave his children too much freedom, the outcome being Sonny, a very angry and prone to burst man, Fredo, a pathetic weak weasel, and Michael, a complicated figure that ultimately isn't as compelled by family as Vito was, and he destroys everything he cares for. Vito fucked up his next of kin. Even his daughter was a waste of oxygen

He was undone by old age. He might have had regrets in life but he died rich, free and with his family

Jesse James in that great movie with the long ass title

Greed and ego got this guy.

Are you retarded? You didn't refute or even acknowledge my post at all. Shouldn't have even responded to me in the first place

Pretty much this

With Fredo, I would've pushed for him to do something legitimate. Have him develop a backbone and not get involved with the family dealings because I know Fredo doesn't have it in him to be a ruthless and effective don. I'd be much happier and prouder if Fredo was the son who worked hard on his own steam and became an inventor, journalist, writer, or something that he enjoys and is good at. So long as it has nothing to do with gambling, prostitution, drugs, or any other illegal behavior.

I would still try to keep Michael on the straight and narrow in the hopes he would become a Senator or Governor.

As for Sonny, I would keep control of my eldest. I'd try to channel that temper into being more patient and constructive in terms of strategy. I'd make sure Sonny listens to Tom because the 2 of them complement each other.

Connie is the toughest one out of the bunch because she's the only daughter. Girls are VERY hard to raise if you're an Old World father living in a New World environment. Young Connie didn't adhere to the old-fashioned traditions and ethos that Vito had in Sicily. So the best bet for her is to arrange Connie to visit Sicily and Italy in general every summer or something so that she would become acclimated with European mannerisms and outlook. Hopefully she marries a good Sicilian or some other southern Italian man from a decent family.

calm down man

So his children were supposed to have no flaws? He did a pretty damn good job with Tom.

He died at the apex of his organization and successfully passed it on to Michael even if he wasn't his first choice. That's A+ work.

>He did a pretty damn good job with Tom.
Tom was his adopted son, so he lucked out by not being cursed with Corleone genes.

I wish we had the proper story of Godfather III where Tom's son fights for control as don against Michael. A Nature vs Nurture study of which son is the true heir to Vito's organization; the adopted one (or more specifically said adoptee's son) or the blood son?

He had to give it to Michael because his hot head son, Sonny got himself killed. And Michael proceeded to rip the heart out of the family and then went a step further many years later and made the whole thing to to complete shit. Tom was a good lad and I don't know how much that had to do with Vito or with Tom himself due to his orphaned upbringing and eventual "adoption"

>greed (gets busted personally counting drug money)
>stupidity/ego (shoots Alberto)
>ego (challenges Sosa to a war)

Noodles in Once Upon a Time in America

Sonny was angry, Fredo was weak and Connie was lazy. I just don't think you can put those deep character flaws on dad. At a certain point they are who they are.

If all of your children's negative inclinations cause as much wreckage as Vito's children do then either you're a terrible parent or your genes are a phenomenon in pure shit