Batman #12 Storytime

youtube.com/watch?v=ByC8sRdL-Ro

In which Bruce gives a response.

Thank you

Green Lanterns:

This issue sucked.
Fuck King

So does Batman's suit just not get waterlogged in the slightest?

E D G Y
D
G
Y

CRAAAAAAAAAAWLLIIIIIIIIIIING IIIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIN

this seems like a more probable response to a tragedy like what bruce went through,

>it's an all-spread issue but with individual pages as bookends
BRAVO KING

Thanks for reading, folks. Support the official release!

Green Lanterns: Superman:

thanks OP

Not bad, the whole wrist slitting was done better than I thought it would be. Plus we see batman admitting how dam stupid and crazy he is.

Yeah this feels ridiculous.

Sorry, King. This all just feels horribly pretentious.

This is a great issue if you hate Batman.

I mean I'm cool with this, but why did they choose a less effective method than say a gun or something. I see what King is trying to do. Batman changed one form of Suicide for another.

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

AND SAVE ME FROM THIS RUN

This is heavily killing joke influenced but retards will say its out of character

Killing Joke? You mean shittiest book to ever book because Moore is colossal hack?

Hard to believe the arc is over next issue.

Ok so in my opinion it starts terrible until the part where he says HE wont laugh and how after one cut he found that a better form of suicide is his crusade.

Then the writing for this issue suddenly goes up tremendously. It seems like King just wanted to reach the I Am Suicide line and then after he got it he could write more freely.

Say what you want about the spreads but they're a really good use of computer technology and I like them.

retard, i bet you like morrison too

Made me physically cringe.

Definitive Batman run? Of course I do.

i havent read his batman but i can tell you with certainty that he is much more of a hack than moore

kek. I bet you can't even name 3 other Batman writers that you've enjoyed aside Morrison.

>Batman is a dead husk that doesn't care about helping people and fighting crime but is in it just to commit suicide and kill himself

Woah, truly the best Batman ever written.
Thank god hacks like O'Neil and Morrison aren't allowed to touch Batman anymore

no you fucking retard the point is that he channeled his suicidal mindset into a relatively positive thing. how fucking stupid do you have to be to read "i swear by the spirits of my parents to avenge their deaths by spending the rest of my life warring on all criminals" and take away that "Batman doesn't care about fighting crime".

>defending Posershit
kys, senpai.

I'm still not sold on the whole "Cat/Bat" nickname thing. I understand why King is doing it, but idk it just doesn't feel like something Bruce and Selina would call each other.

Overall not a bad issue, though I wish more actually happened.

Because literally after that he says that it's sad, stupid, pathetic etc.

that's your "hero", a guy that sees saving people and helping a city as a bad joke and something he should have never done with his parents laughing at him from heaven

History of Shit Tom kings batman run.

Not him but I love O'Neil, Engleheart, Milligan and Grant and I love Morrison's run as well. Definitely the most. I'm just not pretentious enough to call it definitive Batman run because Batman has had so many great runs.

Janin is actually the best artist who uses Poser. The pages look good, that's all that's needed.

>if you can't do my job for me and rationalize this shit then that means ur deh stupids
King, you're a fucking hack and this "Emperor's New Clothes" bullshit won't work anymore. Go home.

Is it Just Me or is Everything Shit?

Your reading comprehension is pathetic. It's like you can't discern tone or meaning at all.

>artist
>Poser
Pick one.

Robin thread is over there, Damifag.

So Batman and Catwoman love one another because they recognize in each other that they costumed lives are their unique attempt of killing themselves and as two depressed suicidal fucks they find some sort of momentary relief when together?

Wow. King turned the whole BatCat into a toxic relationship that does neither character any good. Just two suicidal screw-ups supporting each other in their fucked up view of life.

I don't like this. Catwoman's supposed to save Batman. Show him that he can have more in life. Not dragged him down. Batman also should show Catwoman she's capable of being a good person. Specially when she's caring and attempting to save him from himself. Not make her feel even more miserable about life like he is.

This book is about shit. Not the shit you have in your closet or laying around the house or the shit in your car, it is about shit.

This is the best art I've seen from Janin. Not saying much but some of the spreads are fucking gorgeous. I credit colorist a loooot more for it than Janin though.

im talking about the second time he says it idiot, being aware that dressing up as a bat and punching criminals is stupid and pathetic doesnt mean that he "doesn't care about helping people and fighting crime but is in it just to commit suicide and kill himself"

I can't speak for King himself, but a somewhat popular fan theory is Bruce straight up has a phobia of guns

>i dont like having to interpret the words myself!!! i miss snyder's lengthy explanations for every single action!!!!!!!!! i dont like thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The writing style is a little weird.

Why is Bane talking like William Shatner now?

Stop trying, the entire point is that Batman is nothing more than a kid committing suicide.
Nothing noble, nothing about helping others, it's just a selfish way to kill himself.

He even calls out Catwoman with her "I killed them to protect others" because he knows that "people like them" don't do anything for others but only for themselves.

This is an improvement. Less Bendis, more King please.

Selina nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

>Nothing noble, nothing about helping others, it's just a selfish way to kill himself.
no its not you idiot its a selfless way to channel his suicidal tendencies. do you even fucking remember 2 issues ago where he said about 10 times that he was here to help someone? they even referenced it on the first page for you in case you have memory loss

snyder>> King>>Bendis

Are you retarded? He says Selina is like him, already dead and that they took that choice of a noble suicide.

People like them know death is a choice and that they have no authority to take that choice from others. That is what he's saying. Please go back to elementary school and take a reading comprehension class ffs.

The quality of the current batbooks books is bad. .

no he calls her out on trying to justify the deaths at all, because people like them are loathe to decide for others who should die and none of her excuses are good enough

>He says Selina is like him, already dead and that they took that choice of a noble suicide.
Batman is Tumblr.

This was Janin's last issue right?

He was lying, it's clear now.
I am sorry you can only use petty insults instead of read what's right in front of you.

There's nothing noble about suicide, user.

What if a baron commits suicide?

hahaha

his way of committing suicide is to put his life on the line to help as many people as possible until he dies

This is literally Twilight. The whole suicide thing with becoming vampire and shit.

From Rich the Leech's mouth:
>Today’s Batman is as good as his run on The Vision.

>This is literally Twilight
Twilight aggggggggggggggggg i hate it ..poor batman

So she lied. She didn't kill these people.
This is bad. It looks like King made some Wikipedia research about Psychoanalysis 101 and is trying to be edgy. But there is no substance. It's boring. Going full blown Emo is not good writing. It's shit writing.

Time for people to interpret any kind of internal angst as emo or tumblr shit

What if you commit suicide to save hundreds, thousands, millions or even billions of people?

Its a metaphorical suicide. He killed Bruce and became the bat. When he saw all of Gotham like him, surrendered to a "knife", he decided that to save then all he had to take a vow and die as a man to be only Batman.

How was he lying? He goes on about finding the truth and taking his sacred vow. Nowhere is it implied he is lying. He thinks Selina is lying about the murders though.

King does it again! I fucking love this run.

batman thinks she lied about why she killed them, i expect that he will turn out to be wrong.

We did this all ready!

She is lying about killing them to protect others, that's the only point. There is no twist about how she didn't actually kill them.

And Batman knows this because people that put on the mask only do that for selfish reasons and because they are dead inside. So she wouldn't care if other people die, just like Batman doesn't care and is in it just because he has nothing else.

Nope Batman locked her because he thinks she lied about killing them. Locked her to protect her till he finds the truth.

I prefer Mad Bad Psycho Kid Bruce to Crybaby Martyr Child Bruce.

Makes the payoff of him becoming Zorro Plus instead of Gothic Lex Luthor vis-a-vis the lessons he learned and the people he met on his travels that much more potent.

After all that, no battle damage or anything? Come on...

That book is so shit.

Plus it gets to a point where letting a genocidal maniac live puts you on the hook for the murder they commit later on. It really is laughable to try and claim a moral highground.

One to go.

This was another great issue. Thanks OP.

it's pretty clear at this point that the only people defending this run are people that never read Batman and are just following King from other titles

>implying there was a better run than this in last decade

Suicide is selfish act done because someone doesn't want to live and doesn't care about anything or anyone else. It's mental illness and not a noble act.

Bruce creating the Batman mantle out of obsession with his parents death because he hated how helpless he was that night and didn't want anyone to feel the same pain he felt. This why he took Jason and Dick and why he spent his nights fighting crimes because he value living.

I understand what King is trying to do, but he isn't doing it right and actually sending the wrong message.

I miss these guys. What happened to them? They'd have been better back up than this lot. Batman's Suicide Squad has been proper useless so far.

>So she wouldn't care if other people die, just like Batman doesn't care and is in it just because he has nothing else.

Did you even read all panels or did you just give up halfway through?

>I say you're me. You're like me. You're dead.
>And the dead know that death is a choice. And they don't take that choice from anyone.

It's pretty obvious that he's saying that people like himself and Catwoman don't kill, so she's lying about having killed those people.

>I'd rather let people die instead of killing them because I am dead inside and we don't steal death from others

Catwoman is lying to protect other people (perhaps relatives) who killed the terrorists. She's taking the blame. Batman know's it but he needs to know the truth.

I know its a Batman comic but I wish his Suicide Squad had done more than die and be background characters.

Bronze Tiger in particular needs to do more. I'm kind of surprised he's not on the JLA or at least spinning off into another book

What if you're committing suicide to save lives

Like jumping on a grenade or taking a bullet?

why doesn't he ask one of the three active Flashes, one of the half dozen Superman or affiliated Superfam, or like anyone useful to just solve this really quickly?