Will he ever be able to recapture his early success?

Will he ever be able to recapture his early success?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mj498-wkOz4&t=618s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. AVGN now is a tired, middle-aged father who isn't as angry as he used to be and has already gone over all of the games of his childhood. Mike has basically hijacked the channel while James is trying to raise his child.

No.

that's a pretty loose definition of "success"

Did marriage ruin it?

Who did better?

He ran out of easy targets. There isn't much left to get angry at. Maybe if he started doing modern games

As soon as he captures his hairline back.

Probably not, but Board James was Kino.

Nerd's wife looks like a huge bitch and Doug's looks huge

That’s a HUUUUGEE BITCH

jesus fuck the guy on the left creeps me out. there's absolutely no way he doesn't have multiple stashed hard drives full of nothing but cp. i mean look at his wife too.. what could you POSSIBLY see in a behemoth like her? that relationship just screams "i'm dating a disgusting fat slob who will be okay with not fucking me because she's just happy someone appreciates her" cover girlfriend

considering his relationship with mike he probably gets off on that. she probably forces him to eat her asshole in full leatherclad

No, but there's nothing really wrong with that. He had his time for a good while, and now it's passed, and it seems that he knows it.

James has a messiah complex, the whole purpose of making the movie was to get his ego stroked by fans and insert a bunch shitty green screen special effects, and he didn't realize that the writing, directing, acting, and editing were total shit. Now he's clearly lost creatively, and that roach Mike has taken over. Fuck them both.
Also, DAMN!!

Probably not and I'm a huge fan.

But I could care less. I'll re-watch his old stuff for years to come.

What I REALLY miss is him and the gang doing other shit like Board James, etc. To this day, I still can't believe I fucking jumped when Mr. Bucket jumped up from behind the window.

he can but he won't.

His documentaries were top notch, if he abandoned the weekly internet format and were on a quest to search the perfect documentary subject for him, he could dominate all the small festivals up to sundance.

>not posting the unedited version of left pic

James was originally planning to give the "... Beats" series to Bootsy (later to be handed to Mike) as he was friends with Bootsy since college. Bootsy actually began recording the Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) episode on the October 14 and 15. James wanted Bootsy to have a larger role in Cinemassacre, but according to Kevin Finn it was clear that "Matei and Ryan wanted James's immense directing and producting talents used strictly to enhance their own careers." Finn explained the time when James's friendship with Bootsy came to a crashing halt:

"It all came to a head...when Mike Matei, Ryan Schott, and April (James's wife) came over and heard about Bootsy's version of 'Bootsy Beats Ghosts 'n Goblins'... They maneuvered James into the Nerd Room and reduced him to tears. It was a cruel and pathetic scene. Bootsy, Kyle, and I were in another room but we could see the scene through the recording monitor of the house Mike had set up. It was as if James had turned into a little boy. The conversation appeared quiet and calm, but we could tell it was emotional and intense. The others were doing most of the talking, like overbearing, controlling parents. James would move away, and they would block his escape. We couldn't hear what was being said, but I think a good lip-reader would have picked up something like, 'We don't give a **** about these guys, and we want those ad revenues for us.' We could actually feel James crumbling, and when he came out of the room, a tear dropped down his cheek. His head was lowered and his shoulders sagged. It was the body language of a child who had just been scolded and punished. And this brilliant internet icon - whose videos defined one generation and influenced another - weepingly told us, "We can't do this. I have to give the series to them. They're family and I have to take care of my family. They want the series. I'll give you any amount of money you want to finish a video, but I can't affiliate with it. They won't let me."

Douge knows what's up.

>the way James moves away from Mike like hes gonna punch him
this makes me unnaturally angry. I bet Mike bullied James as a kid

They met in college.
James just flinched because he's an aspie who gets nervous around others.

Poofter

Seems pretty successful right now

It's not his fault. Youtube is over.

Which video was this again? haha cracks me up every time

Also why did James make that face?

I don't remember what video it was.

It was the Action Max episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=mj498-wkOz4&t=618s

Holy shit. No way that's real.