Why is this movie so long and bloated? It easily could have been 90 minutes with all the pointless filler

Why is this movie so long and bloated? It easily could have been 90 minutes with all the pointless filler.

>pointless filler
You did not grasp the point of the film.

I can't believe she came from Sam Waterston

>MUH point!!!!
Who cares? Films are made for the enjoyment of audience, not the director.

>doesn't like universe ambiance

This is now a Deep Sea Thread.

This thread is bait disregard and post shastas

Other people enjoyed it fag calm down

Not every minute of a film needs to adhere to a constant forward momentum else be deemed "filler".

PTA tried to make big lebowski but he is a hack fraud pseud

Yeah, the big lebowski stomps this movie...but it wasn't really a bad movie, it was just sort of like luke warm. I've seen every PTA movie at least three times...except this one.

I get what you're saying, but the two films have very different goals and I think they both succeeded.

i thought it was really good but i wish PTA would have tackled a different Pynchon novel. i feel like V. would have made a really good mystery

kys, goy

Nice gifs

Jeez, you only save a lousy buck for a twofer? Where's the fuckin' value?

It's a pleb filter.

>pointless filler
Nearly every single line of dialogue is awesome.

I don't "get" Lebowski.

That's something else. Anyone know what this thing's called?

i don't like how overplayed the neon is on this poster is anyone else feeling this feel

ah I got it, some kind of nudibranch

V. needs at least a 10h long miniseries, it's plot elements are much tighter / harder to cut than Inherent Vice.

Where's the rest, does it escape, or get eaten?

i see what you mean, i feel like it would at least be doable compared to the relative impossibility of adapting gravitys rainbow.

i'd believe it

is V worth the read?
its on my to read list just never got round to it

Imagine being eaten by one of those things.

It was doing its best to emulate how it feels to read Thomas Pynchon. Which is horror if you give a shit about syntax and good writing. Aside from Mason and Dixon all of his shit blows. Inherent Vice is the very fucking last of his novels I would have selected for a movie. Even Vineland would have been better.

Yes its amazing.

> oh you poor unfortunate soul!

We patrish people wanted the movie to be longer, likewise with the Master. TWBB is the movie that said all that needed to be said and had the correct runtime, my brainlet friend

Crying of Lot 49 is the only Pynchon book that can be adapted and plebs would fucking hate it

I dunno, I think Vineland could probably be done without too much difficulty *and* be a normal enough movie.

yes its a masterpiece.

Because P.T. Anderson doesn't know when to stop.

I just realized this bitch is in the new harry potter movies and she's absolutely terrible there.

My two cents is that this movie was kind of bad. And I liked the actors and setting. Sure, it's ok for a movie to not have too much point, but I dont think it was nearly powerful enough in other areas to make up for how bloated it all felt.

It's ok to admit a movie wasn't great. Go ahead and watch it if you want. But I don't think this was his best movie.