Why did Patrick's colleagues think he was a loser?

Why did Patrick's colleagues think he was a loser?

>went to harvard
>makes a lot of money
>hot gf
>hot side chick
>does pretty much the same thing everyone else did

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0144084/faq?ref_=tt_faq_sm#.2.1.21
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Those were also hallucinations. I mean the part of his colleagues disliking him.

>literally didn't get it
Because they hate themselves, they want to kill each and every guy they work with, they hate their life and everyone around.

>went to dubsvard
>gets a lot of dubs
>hot dubs
>hot side dubs
>got pretty much the same dubs everyone else did

They don't think he's a loser, they just don't care about him. He's not unique to them, everyone blends together. His co-worker mistaking him for someone else and the cards appearing similar (and Bateman becoming upset over the cards) makes this clear. It's social commentary.

because he didn't get repeating digits

check em

Because he couldn't get a reservation at dorsia

Because he didn't handle the Fisher account.

>dubs

Think about a few of the minor things he does in the film, when Bryce gets in an argument with the guy in the adjecent stall when they are sniffing coke Patrick tries to get him to calm down, patrick gives a speech about human rights and shit in that one scene which no one cares about. Except Luis but that's just because Luis is in love with Patrick. Patrick backs down from most situations, literally the one time in the film his normal personality causes someone grief and anger is when he breaks up with his Fiancee and almost immediately he just leaves the restaurant.

Patrick is a weak fuck who avoids confrontation.

Let's get this started

Why is it so bright inside his mouth?

Yale > Harvard

Now we're talkin'

>9/11

BATMAN BTFO WILL HE EVER RECOVER

if dubs cornell>harvard

It's hip to get dubs

I'm feeling good about this!

they all hated each other, not just Bateman

He spent all his time watching and returning movies.

>mfw dubs

No.
No.

Yes

nice

NVR 4GET

let's see those dubs

JUST
SAY
NO

>any attempt to have serious discussion is ruined by dubs-posting
Fucking WHY

Because you didn't roll dubs

Lol. Banned

>Patrick is a weak fuck who avoids confrontation.
Shit you nailed it. Now I to watch it again as a "Power Fantasy"

>tfw user has reached a state of pure digits nirvana

Teach me senpai.

The subtle odd numerical digits... the tasteful thickness of it... Oh my god

555 fives assertion fives

In the book he is extremely paranoid about how people perceive him. He believes people think he is a loser because he didn't make enough money as his other friends and he got to where he is because of his wealthy parents

IM WALKING ON DUBSHINE

Well since he was always busy killing people they probably all thought he was a loser for staying home so much.

You magnificent SOB

>does pretty much the same thing everyone else did
because of this. when everyone is is the same and everyone is the best, being rich or going to harvard doesn't matter, instead what matters is if you dine at that super new restaurant and if you got a nice business card

Impressive. Very nice.

The right answer.

dubs

Three posts below me can have my dubs

'The virgin bateman'

Calls dubs, gets nubs

THE CHAD VAN PATTEN

Calls nothing, gets trips

So how did Mr Bateman come to be associated with obtaining dubs? Can a meme historian enlighten me?

No can do, got a reservation at Dubsia at 7

because he was a liberal

>Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. But we can't ignore our social needs, either. We have to stop people from abusing the welfare system. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights while also promoting equal rights for women but change the abortion laws to protect the right to life yet still somehow maintain women's freedom of choice.

>Not seeing that he was bullshitting that whole speech

Everyone is the same, so the tiny little details either make you really cool or really lame. So if someone has an outdated pair of Oliver Peoples glasses or whatever, they're a total loser. Bateman was just slightly inferior in every little way.

He also says weird shit.

>mfw no dubs

NEXT POST WILL BE DUBS

>Going to a "prestigious" university in 2017

liar

Is this the longest running Sup Forums meme aside from Pepe?

Because they recognised him for the shallow imposter that he was.

MAKE DUBS GREAT AGAIN

ROUND 2

What movie was the original picture from?

Ear Shattering Fart Noise, the prequel to WW3: The Movie

it was when the Russian ambassador was killed

Dubs on a Tuesday night? How'd he swing that?

He knows me.

Sup Forums board
Dubs thread
Tomorrow theme

Howard, it's Bateman, Patrick Bateman. You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've rolled a lot of dubs. Some dubs on the Sup Forums board, some trips maybe 5 or 10, um some trips I got on Sup Forums. I left some dubs on the Sup Forums board aon some thread about Baneposting. I rolled quints with Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a tripcode and some man uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I rolled more dubs with another girl on the Sup Forums board, I had to, she rolled singles and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she rolled dubs too. And Paul Allen. I rolled dubs with Paul Allen with a tripcode on Sup Forums, he's rolling singles on a trap thread on Sup Forums. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've rolled maybe 20 dubs, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I derailed some of their BLACKED threads, and I even tried to roll some singles. Tonight I, uh, I just had to roll A LOT of dubs. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, I may show up on Sup Forums, so you know, keep your eyes open.

Lucky Jew Bastard

Now that's impressive

They were all assholes. But he was insane and imagined most of their hatred.

>bateman pretends to have liberal views on antisemitism just to fit in

What did the writer mean by this

Behold the numbers.

What a loser.

>TRY STEALING MY QUADS NOW YOU STUPID BASTARD!!

You want some fucking potato pancakes?

All of that is libertarian you fucking mong

Cambridge beats all of you

In '87, Huey released this: 4!

just cool it with the anti-singles remarks

batemans routine is pretty brutal, how the hell do you muster up the energy to do all that ass soon as you wake up?

>When Bateman points out Paul Allen in this scene its clearly not Jared Leto
What did they mean by this?

It's just more misidentification. Happens a lot in the film and even more in the novel
imdb.com/title/tt0144084/faq?ref_=tt_faq_sm#.2.1.21