What are the worst horror movies you've seen?

What are the worst horror movies you've seen?

Guess no one has seen bad horror movies

Any variation of the 28 X later films.
It comes at night
Crimson peak
The ring
Every paranormal activity except the 1st one.
Pontypool
The eye with Jessica alba

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Something so terrible I forgot about it entirely.

>Crimson peak
I liked this though. Enjoyable little ghost story.

now this is actually some good bait

The main actress sees what should be the most terrifying thing she's ever seen and is just like, "huh that's interesting"
Maybe it's harsh to say it's terrible. It's not a bad movie I just don't think it's a good horror movie. I went in expecting to be spooked but instead it's mostly a love story with some ghosts in it.

Forgot the name. Teen is Dr Frankenstein. Makes monster with a lawnmower engine. Basic Frankenstein story but with teen cliches. Not funny like Ed Woods movies, just shit.

Frankenweenie?

>horror movies
>bad

All horror movies are good to me for some reason. It's a dead genre, now it's all ghosts haunting a family, happy ending bs. I loved troll, troll 2, and even worser YouTube video stuff, but most is good.

I enjoyed it for what it was. The ghosts were creepy as fuck but it needed more scares. It was more of a romance/drama movie than a horror movie, which is a shame because the atmosphere was amazing

Also I was really bummed that they seemed to foreshadow that big whirling machinery on the excavator like three times and I totally expected that to end up killing the villain but there wasn't much payoff

Snowplow budget live action. When I Google it, lawnmower man comes up and that's not it.

It(2017)

*low budget. The diesel engine is basically taped to the zombies head.

That's a solid, do not watch list. I would add the insidious stuff, Amityville stuff, puppet stuff, exorcism of stuff, and most modern horror films. The whole, haunted family, needs to put to rest a ghost, horror genre in the past 15 years has killed horror.

>horror's dead maaaan :(
redditcore opinion

Oh, wow, that's some truly awful fucking taste you have.

This zombie virus spreads by words lol you're a zombie now

>bait
don;t be such an asshurt child. Everything he said was reasonable

Insidious is fine. Not bad at all.

That's just your opinion. Some people actually have taste.

I'd argue James Wan is a hack and all his movies are bad in some ways.

compared to 90% of people directing horror movies for the past two decades he's unironically a genius.

That doesn't make him a genius. That just means the genre has gotten so bad.

I'm not gonna debate you on that one movie, although I do like it, but if you think the first Paranormal Activity is better than any of those other movies, I'm sorry but I just can't respect your opinion.

That user is probably still not here.

28 days later is a shitty movie. Instead of zombies it's infected people (oh how creative). The only difference is they run. What was it that they were injected with? Rage? what the fuck even is that?

It does nothing to add or improve the formula that was started by the Romero films. If you really wanted to watch films like it then just watch the original Dead trilogy. I don't get how something as generic as this movie has gotten the popularity it has. The characters aren't memorable, the infected didn't look that amazing, and there weren't even any great kills. What is so special about this movie? It's the most basic shit I've ever seen.

also all the paranormal activity movies are shit.

Banshee Experiment
The Void
It Follows

I love the Romero movies, but if you're gonna argue that 28 Days Later didn't explain the virus sufficiently, then neither did the Romero movies. But rather than refute your autistic ramblings, I'm just gonna say that I appreciate 28 Days for its interesting characters, good filmmaking and memorable sequences among other things. But really, the only reason I replied to that other guy in the first place is because I think it's completely retarded to hold the first Paranormal as superior to any of those other movies, regardless of if you like them or not. They're just better made films. So yeah, at least we can agree that Paranormal Activity is shit.

>but if you're gonna argue that 28 Days Later didn't explain the virus sufficiently, then neither did the Romero movies.
The whole point of the Romero films is you're not suppose to know what exactly caused it. That's what makes it's creepy. In 28 days later I just remember them saying people were infected with the Rage virus which I guess makes people really really angry. I'm hoping i'm wrong because that sounds retarded.
>But rather than refute your autistic ramblings
which I don't think you can going by the upcoming sentences. I don't see why whenever someone goes into detail about something they're called autistic. It's just conversing.
>I'm just gonna say that I appreciate 28 Days for its interesting characters
Having an opinion is one thing but I'd like to see you go into it a bit more. What interesting characters? The beta MC? The black girl? The dad? I don't recall seeing any characters that were even remotely interesting. Anyone can say "oh this character is blah blah" but what exactly is interesting about them.
>good filmmaking
Okay pretty vague but it was good in terms of the way it was shot.. Then again.. so are a lot of movies.
>memorable sequences among other things
wow the amount of detail is superb.You were right about my autistic ramblings.
>the only reason I replied to that other guy in the first place is because I think it's completely retarded to hold the first Paranormal as superior to any of those other movies
They're all shit.
>They're just better made films
That's like saying piss is better than a turd.
>at least we can agree that Paranormal Activity is shit.
Indeed.

I don't wanna get into an argument with you about 28 Days Later, I haven't seen it in a while and I don't think I'd be able to properly defend it. I remember liking it, you seem to hate it with a passion, that's fine, but you started ranting at me about it for some reason, which is why it came up as a bit autistic since YOU brought it up out of nowhere, when all my post did was imply it's better than Paranormal Activity. Only thing I'll bother saying is that I vaguely remember NotLD having a bit of news footage saying the problem was caused about some type of space(?) radiation, which to me is on par with 28 Days Later claiming the virus came from some monkeys that were being experimented on in a lab and were set free by activists(that's an interesting sequence btw, because I remember it and I probably haven't seen the movie in at least ten years).

>you seem to hate it with a passion
Not really. In fact I thought it was okay.
>which is why it came up as a bit autistic since YOU brought it up out of nowhere
Actually some other user brought it up and i'm assuming this is you since responded back which led to you saying this in response Basically If i'm following the conversation correctly you said he has "some truly awful fucking taste" so technically you were involved in it before I was. This just led to me into sharing my opinions.
>I vaguely remember NotLD having a bit of news footage saying the problem was caused about some type of space(?) radiation
which was never officially the cause whereas we know what causes the infected.to act the way they do.
>Later claiming the virus came from some monkeys that were being experimented on in a lab and were set free by activists(that's an interesting sequence btw
That was kind of stupid. The whole thing was so convoluted.

It Follows. Fucking garbage.

But he was talking about Pontypool

It follows made me uneasy, but it wasn't scary. But the uneasyness kind of was the point, wasn't it?
The Void was pretty good. I went in without knowing anything of the movie and I was pleasantly surprised

Honestly the majority of horror mockumentaries/found footage stuff are just pure gargabe. I can't stand that genre, it's always extremely cheaply made and not scary at all. There's a few few exceptions like the original Rec, but that's about it.

XX

It also confirmed to me that critics review movies based on some sort of principle as opposed to the actual movie quality

It Follows had no uneasy moments though. The only thing in the movie that could possibly convey any sort of unsettling feelings are the scenes where it's just a random person slowly walking towards the camera. That's not even remotely frightening though. It was cheap and had no real effect on the viewer unless you're a child. I wouldn't mind it as much if the film had a plus side which it really doesn't. It annoys the shit out of me that they went out of their way to make it look nice. The whole thing was well shot with nice camera work but to what expense? All the characters were just nobodies in their early 20's giving the dullest and most wooden performances I have ever seen in a horror flick. Every single one of them lacked personality and quality character development which makes you not give a shit about them. The film doesn't even tell you how it all started or what causes this situation to happen. If you want me to suspend my disbelief and enjoy this stupid concept, at least let me know why or how it's happening but it doesn't tell you shit. It's a complete clusterfuck with no redeeming qualities and it is probably the worst horror film I've seen of the past 20 years.

Basically fuck that movie.

does she get naked in it? If so it's automatically good.

Several.

>Hellraiser: Revelations
The only revelation I got from this one was that Dimension truly doesn't give a fuck anymore. If Doug Bradley will say yes to a piece of shit like Deader or Hellworld, but say no to this, I think that says something.

>Texas Chainsaw 3D
This really sucks because it had promise. Make no mistake about it, I never expected the 7th entry in the TCM series to be any good. I just expected way more. The inconsistencies are too glaring and the decisions the characters make are fucking retarded.

>Playing with Dolls: Bloodlust
This is serious Z grade horror bullshit. I legitimately believe this is as low as you can go. There's no ending. Seriously.

>August Underground series
It's easy for anyone to dismiss a film due to its violence. A Serbian Film is a relatively decent movie that gets shit solely because a child gets killed. IT can do that, but ASF can't? Anyway, I feel August Underground could've been good as some sort of character study. However, it was clearly made with the sole purpose to shock.

>Halloween (2007)
Now this is a real piece of shit. It's just the fact that Rob Zombie turned Halloween into a white trash Motley Crue video. That's what gets me here. We don't need to know what Michael Myers, Leatherface and Pinhead were doing in their past. The original Halloween was effective because it was a very normal small town being terrorized by something that wasn't explainable. Then Rob Zombie goes and explains too much. Garbage.

>Texas Chainsaw 3D
God this was awful. The only good TCM movies is 1 & 2. I find 3 & Next Generation to be enjoyably bad. Beginning was okay but it was crap. Remake was trash. The absolute worst is 3D though.
>Halloween (2007)
All Halloween movies are crap with the exception of Season of the Witch. I know everyone has some weird love for the original but I cannot see it as anything more than a generic slasher film about a psycho in a mask killing teenagers. People always say "oh well it popularized the slasher genre" which is not even a good thing. The slashers that came before it like TCM, Psycho, and Peeping Tom are far better films. All Halloween did was give people the idea to make a bunch of garbage films similar to it even though the original film is not even that good.

those two look like they'd be redpilled af though

bump 4 interest

>cannot see it as anything more than a generic slasher film about a psycho in a mask killing teenagers.
the remarkable thing about the first halloween is that it started the slasher craze by ripping off argento's italian thrillers. if you watch it after already having seen countless other slashers of course it'll look generic.

I told the clerk at the ticket booth to sell me a ticket to a shitty movie. He sold me a ticket to crimson peak. He even told me that if the movie sucked so bad, i could just sneak into another movie.
Ended up sneaking into some movie i forgot the name of.

You're that guy who made that huge autist post about that brits horror movies picks, now you want show off your autism again. This is hilarious.

It Follows was seriously the worst piece of shit I've ever seen, not scary at all, shitty characters and dialogue and the director had the annoying pretentious style like he was copying Drive or something.

Actually the worst horror movie I've seen is right there in your pic, OP. It's the Incredible Torture Show, far left on the three row. It is an utter piece of garbage and I don't say that lightly, having watched a lot of shitty horror.

>tfw unironically enjoy dawn of the dead remake and think it's the best example of how to do a worthwhile remake

No but you must be the guy who was assblasted about something since you decided to make a post that has no purpose other than just to shitpost.

BABASHOOOK

Join the club.

Wow, there are people with really bad taste on Sup Forums. 28 Days Later? It Follows? In a world where shit like Crazy Fat Ethel and similar crap exists? Do you just don't watch many films or what?

Tom Savini's Night of the Living Dead was a better remake than Snyder's shitfest if you want the truth.

anyone could just name some shitty low budget film. That's not the point. It's called variety and people are pointing out a bunch of terrible films both obscure and common. If you want a list of all the shitty horror movies, then find one yourself. That doesn't make the films that are mentioned any less shit.

They aren't shitty, though. I'm curious what is a good horror movie if It Follows or 28 Days later are one of the worst horror movies of all time.

People have already mentioned in detail why they think they are shit. it's all subjective just like your opinions. If you read the thread it clearly says the worst horror films you've seen. Not everyone will know about some garbage forgotten horror film from the mid-70's but that doesn't mean they haven't seen a lot. If you want good horror movies, they aren't hard to find. You have classics like the Universal and Hammer films. The Italian flicks of the 60's and 70's. More modern stuff like John Carpenter's The Thing and Cronenberg's The Fly. All obviously better than shit like It Follows and 28 Days Later.

really?
fuck, I was going to watch it tonight

>It Follows
>not shitty
and you said others had shit taste.

I wonder if you actually watched these older horror movies because they definitely don't have complex characters, plots and aren't scary.

Bava had some great ones.
This was so fucking bad.
So because you disagree that means they aren't shitty? What kind of argument is that?

>they definitely don't have complex characters, plots
Are you really saying older horror movies don't have complex characters and plots? If you are then I question if you have ever seen older horror movies. There are literally tons. Even if they didn't have those things, that's not relevant to the discussion nor does it make them bad films.
>and aren't scary.
This is just another opinion. Personally I don't think any horror film is scary whether they are new or old. I just want to watch something good.

the idea is cool, but this one guy was just so annoying it ruined the movie for me.

Name all these Universal or Hammer horror movies with complex characters.

You didn't originally say "universal or hammer films". You literally said "older horror movies". Why is it that you are now choosing to cherrypick? What I really wanna know is how having complex characters and plots are relevant to what you were originally saying? To me it seems like you've completely changed the subject to new vs old.

Crimson Peak

And here's why. Oh sure, there are way worse horror films, like the cheesy shit you'll find in "horror" films from the 50's where the monster is just laughable.

But Crimson Peak beats them all. Why? Because it was made by Guillermo Del Toro. I expect a LOT more for him. I expect a level of creativity that will make me rethink the way a ghost story should work.

But none of that happened. Crimson Peak was predictable from start to finish. I seriously correctly guessed everything that would happen.

The house looked nice.

Blade 2 was shit compared to the original though.

Because you (?) said old horror movies such as Universal monsters series and Hammer films are good horror movies.

and? Literally everyone says the same thing. Are you saying they aren't good? They helped invent the craft for what horror films are today. I've never met anyone in my entire life who doesn't like or have been inspired by them. Who doesn't love Frankenstein, Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Horror of Dracula, The Mummy ect.. All good stuff.

Old Dark House is especially good.

The Keep
>wwii Nazis take over a Transylvanian castle and are killed one by one by a murder Golem vampire raised by Angry jews, Jesus 2 comes to save the day, all set to fancy electronic music

And somehow they fucked it up! Seriously this could have been amazing, but its boring, nonsensical and not in the least bit scary. The actors phone it in. Even Ian McKellen is bad in it. It passes from "so good its bad" into "we have to finish this, just so we can truly experience it"... and it just keeps going.

It also has the bizarre highlight of having the worst sex scene ever filmed, totally out of nowhere.

I've heard there is a 200+ minute cut of it somewhere, somebody on the staff clearly thought this was their magnum opus. They should probably do more/fewer drugs

Yellowbrickroad. Hands down.

I honestly don't know why "X Horror Icon vs The Nazis" isn't a horror sequal genre, but "In Space" is.
Seriously Puppet Master 3 did it and it was great.

>Halloween resurrection
>busta rhymes
>tyra banks
>imagine

jesus christ

Halloween Resurrection

V/H/S Viral was the biggest shitsucker Ive ever seen