Will watching this give me a good unbiased overview of the vietnam war or is ken burns a shill

will watching this give me a good unbiased overview of the vietnam war or is ken burns a shill

SOME FOLKS WERE BORN
SILVER SPOON IN HAND

>IT AIN'T ME starts playing

how homeschooled were you that you can't judge something objectively?

they interview us soldiers, nva guys, viet cong, and show footage of contemporary politicians and anti-war activists
if that isn't balanced enough for you, nothing will be

>implying the public education system isn't a brainwashing machine
>trips
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

AMERICANS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

You don't need Ken Burns to know that America went into Vietnam because of foreign and monetary interests. The same as every place they're currently invading

>it's another baby boomers celebrate their selfish behavior while claiming it was for the greater good episode

>gulf of tonkin not a false flag
dropped
Sup Forums tards think this propaganda is unbiased kino?

>Public school
>Objective
Good goy

>calls out the viet cong execution squads during tet
first doc I've seen actually mention that

mormonalert.avi

Why did America have a war with Vietnam?

Like what was the official reason?

And they lost didn't they? How does a first world country lose to a third world country?

Its kino

1) Domino Theory

2) Domino Theory / Gulf of Tonkin

3) Yeah, kinda; INTENSE nationalism

Just Bing it

>Why did America have a war with Vietnam?
It wasn't really a war if I recall (undeclared by congress). Technically it wasn't a loss even if we call it a traditional war as well. The puppet state fell apart eventually. Similar things happened in South America, Iran, and other areas. Korean is the last "war" afaik which is still ongoing and technically was supposed to be a UN intervention.

Man every circumcision was completely deserved with your generation.

>Why did America have a war with Vietnam?
Because they thought they could stop the spread of communism by supporting a local government in south Vietnam that didn't want communism either.
>Like what was the official reason?
To prevent communism, and especially the Soviets, from gaining further influence around the world creating more communist nations.
>And they lost didn't they? How does a first world country lose to a third world country?
By supporting corrupt politicians that are as bad, if not worse, then the enemies you're trying to defend them from in the first place. The south Vietnam government was NEVER legitimate, and every administration pretty much got worse over time. When your goal is to help incompetent and corrupt criminals, you'll never get the support of the people, and that's exactly what happened.

How else would we get the better lotions these days without them?

If those Asians won, what makes america so smug and think North korea couldn't win?
They have great nationalism also right?

You seem upset about something.

>North korea couldn't win?
China saved north Korea. The U.S. didn't invade north Vietnam exactly because they thought the Chinks would get involved again if they did.

North Korea kicked the crap out of the South. The roles were reversed back in that time period where the North was Advanced and the South was more rural and agrarian. The US intervention barely got there in time and kicked the crap out of the North and then the Chinese intervened with a massive troop surge. Russians with the Chinese aided the North which pushed the US forces back until there was more or a less a stalemate. The US didn't use all available tools like nukes which was a good thing most likely.

actually catholic and not even American, but all over the world there's propaganda peddled at schools
to turn kids into other bricks in the wall, so to speak

The religious schools I went to (they were catholic btw) still taught critical thinking and philosophy in high school though. Good luck getting that nowadays with all the communist/marxists in there.

Thank you for your well thought out and nice answer's.

>public education system
>not enforcing jewish ideals since 1757
>not preparing young children for a nice, hard life of working 60 hours a week and paying tax to their respective, inept government - of which some is always skimmed off of the top by monstrous jews

The Catholic school I went to had a teacher that told me "the nazis killed everyone who wasn't a blue eyed blonde"

Did you ask them how they had enough men to fight the war?

>sponsored by Bank of America
What do you think?

I suppose it's rare these days to get an actual teacher that's objective about things in class. One that would tolerate some push back.

may I add, it was the history teacher, in class, when giving a WWII lesson.
It didn't occur to me but I asked her if that was true then how come they had people like Hitler and Goebbels at the top. She said it was because they were hypocrites or something like that.

My dad served in Vietnam and I've seen him watching it the past few days so I guess it's probably interesting.

They were the original kkk. They hated everyone but themselves. Black, brown, gay, everthing not Blue eyes blonde hair Nazis.

That's what my teacher said too.

We're Nazis not like that?

I hope you're just ironically shitposting.
KKK predated Nazis, KKK dates from the 19th century.
And the only ones nazis hated were jews and degenerates for the most part. I include communism in degeneracy btw.

Oh and if you were a jew who rejected his jewishness and did outstanding service to the white race then you could be honorary aryan and in some cases even join the SS, like Emil Maurice, who was Hitler's friend and chauffeur.

>She
says it all really right there

The main reason was that they wanted to look stronger than the Soviets.

More pro American shit

They don't talk about American atrocities enough

some of you will never be happy until a documentary saying that Vietcong dindu nuffin shows up

>Progressive Broadcasting Station

>PBS
>unbiased
>any documentaries about Vietnam
>unbiased

Pleasant folk, full of spirit.

It's actually been pretty critical of America, and clearly portrays the war as a mistake and loss by the Americans.They interview American vets who tortured and raped Vietnamese. They talk about units that killed indiscriminately. Burns also portrays the American leadership as bumbling, gung ho, retards who can't see the writing on the wall. Even when they do see the writing, they keep going because of >m-muh domino theory and hubris. Burns also tries to show the intricacies of the North Vietnamese and the Vietcong. Those Hue rebels massacred those south Vietnamese hostages, it clearly happened.

I do agree with you that they should have gone into more detail about things. Rather than a massive info dump and break down of the various strategies, Burns is going for a more narrative approach that captures the bullet points of the war, with some first hand accounts of those bullet points.

>They don't talk about American atrocities enough
That's because American atrocities are amateur compared to communist atrocities.

the pretty awesomeness of this documentary aside, Reznor fucking kills it scoring