Worst comic of the year? I nominate Death Of X

Worst comic of the year? I nominate Death Of X.

Agreed. With Civil War II and Champions close behind.

I don't know OP. Civil War II is infuriating to read.

I liked Death of X, actually. It's the year of shitting on Rightclops that went before it that sucks. And the worst comic is the Champions of twitter, that's just mindbogglingly bad. If CWII is just shit with the same plot repeated 5 times, Champions are just wrong on every turn. Every fucking line sucks, every panel is cringeworthy, every page is complete and utter garbage.

Oh, and the followup for the DoX too. The way they try to dodge questions that comic brought up is just slimy.
>Inhumans gas people for religious reasons and kill whoever tries to interfere. How are they not villians?
>Fuck you, love Inhumans, you cunt.

It's a Marvel comic for sure but which one

Champions #2. Though I haven't read Champions #3 yet, so it might be worse.
Yeah, without the infuriating context, Death of X is actually a mediocre-to-decent comic that correctly positions the Inhumans as the villains. I think most of the shitting on it came from how nobody wants this event in the first place.
And I liked Cyclops's death, sue me.

death of x is more incoherent with regards to the last year of comics published by Marvel, than truly bad on itself.
the big complaint is it failed to justify why Cyclops is hitler.

Shit are they paying homage to Dillon or something there? Emma's making a goddamn frankface.

>I hate phantom space man

Could we have a story time of Death of X?

I think the idea is that since Cyclops there is only a mental projection of Emma, if she distracts himself, her mental projection will make the same facial expressions as her.

Death of X at least was quick, confirming what everybody suspected in four issues.

nah

Death of X wasn't even bad 2bh.

Shit taste detected. It wasn't just bad. It was garbage, a waste of time in order to force another hero vs hero horrible event.

>year isn't over
>people already pushing retrospective shit

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What exactly about it was so terrible? And if you're gonna bitch about it not turning Richtclops into Hitlerclops just... don't.
Also:
>shithumans
>heroes

CWII is pretty bad dude. As bad as Rightclops death was it isn't nearly as terrible as the travesty that is CWII.

literally everything from marvel

Godclops fan huh?

Ok i' m not going to waste time to explain to you. It's useless.

Not him, but the "art" was atrocious.

The whole series was basically three issues of nothing.

>IT'S SHIT!
>Why was it shit?
>"REEEEEEEE I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU!"
Now why am I not surprised?

I agree, my problems with this are

1) They should simply have called it Death of Cyclops.

2) It should also have been sold one month after secret wars and not a year after. that way, all writers of x-men and inhuman books would know the story well and we would have avoided all the misleading Cyclops = Hitler overreactions.

3) The twist failed because it was made obvious by all the clues they purposedly left.
There should have been no twist, Cyclops should die clearly in the first pages, we should see him say "dont let me die like this emma", and the book should be about how Emma deceives everybody to give Cyclops the dignified death of a martir + destroy one of the clouds. but with no intention to surprise the reader at the end. it failed, no one was surprised.

overall 7/10 good book. the worst thing about it isnt in the book, but in how many marvel books treated cyclops for the last year.

Champions obviously.

>The whole series was basically three issues of nothing
Except for all that shit that happened.

Anyone who doesn't say Civil War II is flat out wrong. It's not only horribly written, but it's setting up a godawful status quo. No other comic comes close this year.

The entire story could've been told in an issue and a half.

how? nothing ever happens, what is there to be infuriated about if there's no content?

New Avengers, Moon Knight, Cage!, Vision, Auran's arc in Uncanny Inhumans were all pretty good.

Storytime of Pain is usually on the weekends.

Oh you

Champions hating is a meme at this point. The first two issues were subpar, but not nearly deserving of the title "worst".

Honestly I suspect hating on Champions is more a matter of hating Mark Waid than the book itself.

I'm a Rightclops fan and I can say without any doubt that while DoX is bad, it isn't even close to being the worst comic of the year.
CWII has that title because it's literally at the same level than Sup Forums shitposting( the Bingo was made as a joke)

It wasn't horribly written but I just can't stand Cyclops dying off panel.

Have you read the third issue yet? Read it, then come back here. It's Holy Terror-level bad. Worse, actually.

Wallyfag pls.

I don't think Champions is terrible either. Just really mediocre (and I'm really not a fan of Ramos). I've definitely read worse comics this year.

I wouldn't have seen that twist if some hadn't guessed it in the 1st issue's storytime.

This issue may have the "honour" for the worst comic of the year. But seriously Marvel's books quality and creativity currently, are at the lowest level of the past 10 years.

Civil War 2 is worse IMO.

>tfw liking Nova #1 and just waiting for them to fuck everything up

Sam makes a better Peter Parker 2.0 than Miles"Cardboard Cutout" Morales.

I haven't read Champions. Why is it so bad?

That thing will get at least two more strikes.

Chair with clothes makes better Peter Parker 2.0 than Miles.
Read and find out.

The writing mainly.

Gonna catch a shitton of flak for this but what are some... less desirable titles from DC?

I heard that Action Comics atm is pretty messed up but I never was a huge Supes reader. That and AS Batman and Batman were hit and miss.

I mean we're all pretty much in agreement that CWII blew, along with quite a few Mahvel books.

Just curious.

Waid's writing for teens is just bad and the issues they're tackling are being handled in fucking dumb ways. Ramos' art is fucking terrible too.

Justice League gets a lot of flak. The books you named are divisive but not universally looked down on like CW2 and whatnot.

I only read the first issue, but Birds of Prey was pretty meh.

Nemesis 2 first issue was pretty shit.

Civil War 2 has far worse writing.

Champions is right behind CW.

Then Mockingbird.

Both the Inhumans books.

MM Spider-man has been one of the most pointless comics, with nothing going on in it.

All New X-Men follows that up as well.

Then after all of that, maybe Death of X. There are a few other Marvel books I don't even bother with that may come before it.

>pic related
kekorama

It was shitty attempt to explain why Scott is perceived as evil as Hitler. It explained nothing, it made no sense.
Also it was really ugly. Like the ugliest comic I've read that came out this year.

Champions and Mockingbird are fine, even if you don't like them they aren't plainly terrible. All New X-Men is just mediocre

And to answer your question, universally here people don't like JL. Flash is always in "well, it's not Venditti". Harleyfags whine as usual.
So, my pick would be JL. Even if today's issue had fucking Major Disaster and Fatal Five.

>Champions and Mockingbird are fine, even if you don't like them they aren't plainly terrible
I disagree

It's a man in his mid 50s that even as a good was a loser that's trying to write a book to appeal at hip young teens while talking about """"""""serious""""""" issues.

Waid can be a good writer, but this isn't one of those books. Also the art isn't very good.

>Mockingbird
>fine

it is shit.

Issues 3 and 8 were shit. The rest were, at worst, mediocre.

Having read Champions, I can honestly say I would be genuinely angry had I paid money for it.

On that basis, I would say it is 'terrible'.

so triggered. even accepting they were bad i don't think they're near worse of the year.

Death of X wasn't the worst, it was just disappointing overall.

Civil War II on the other hand is straight up ass.

Oh yeah, they're fine, as COMPLETELY ASININE fine!

Look, Mockingbird could have been better had it not been for the writers going heads on pants retarded about "Muh new SJW figure" and the whole problem with making her go from woman who actually had a right to kill a villain, to completely stupid woman who possibly did shady stuff because of... not saying no into having a relationship with a "villain"?

>Mockingbird
Nah pham. Mockingbird was a solid 7/10.

You sound like a guy that's only going on hearsay and didn't actually read the run. But that couldn't be. Surely every poster on Sup Forums reads the comics they talk about. Surely.

>Extended, cringy dialogue about gender and/or race politics

Can I see an example?

the profiling stuff? which i would say didn't even succeed at getting to the level of stupid political overtones.

Single issue: Mockingbird #3
Mini Series: Death of X
Ongoing Series: Harley Quinn

>even without the free space there's two bingoes

kek

Tfw
>Final battle rushed during last pages of last issue
and
>The side that Miles Morales chooses wins
Are going to add the final bingo to this.
Someone should tweet this to Bendis.

>2) It should also have been sold one month after secret wars and not a year after. that way, all writers of x-men and inhuman books would know the story well and we would have avoided all the misleading Cyclops = Hitler overreactions.

lol. we'd get that anyway and be even more furious since we'd know all along how bullshit it is.

>The side that Miles Morales chooses wins

Wait. Who wins? Obviously Carol kills Tony, but if Ulysses fucks off or they otherwise drop the pre-crime bullshit, isn't it a victory for Tony? Or is "everyone rushes off to prevent Ulysses's visions" the new status quo?

The entire Bat line outside of Red Hood is middling-to-bad, though there are those that'll swear by KingBats, All Star or Nightwing.
Blue Beetle's pretty shit.
Justice League is complete ass.
Flash has its moments but for the most part it's really not very good.

I wouldn't say Mockingbird is fine. It's okay outside of the "feminism woo!" bits, but they're goddamn awful and overshadow the rest.
And I say that as someone who considers myself a feminist.
Oh, and the Phantom Rider retcon was so awful that Cain should never work at Marvel again.

>G4
>O4
What?
BOTH sides are comically evil, and Tony's being postioned as more "good" than Carol.

All Star is the first time I've liked Snyder

If it makes you laugh, it can't be that bad.

This

HOLY SHIT! You're a fucking tool.

>Read about Marvelbros dislike for the Inhumans and the shit Marvel is doing to the X-Men because of movie rights.
>Wonder what's so bad about the Inhumans and decide to buy pic related which is supposedly the best Inhumans stuff written to date

This wasn't bad really, the story was ok. But holy fuck the Inhumans are unlikeable to an extreme, what the fuck is Perlmutter thinking they can ever replace the X-Men?

>Civil War II
>Hellcat
>Justice League
>Squirrel Girl.

I can't decide between those four.

>That and AS Batman and Batman were hit and miss.

Hit and miss means there are some hits so they can't be worse than Civil War II.

>Hellcat

Oh fuck, I forgot about Kate fucking Leth.

Hellcat is probably the worst. Bad art, bad writing, literally "who" character, cringy dialogue.

>Champions and Mockingbird are fine
>Champions
Issue 3 storytime is up and you are fucking wrong

What's going on in JL that makes it in that list of shit?

>Death of X wasn't the worst, it was just disappointing overall.

That feels like a good way of describing Venom #1.

>Auran's arc in Uncanny Inhumans were all pretty good
Fuck off, you pice of shit shill.

most disappointing hands down has to be Batman, Tom King was propped all of 2015 as being the next big thing and when he get to the big time he shits all over the stage.

Venom is just typical Marvel not giving the people what they want.

Carol should die for killing Tony. Tony would not have killed Carol.

>most disappointing hands down has to be Batman, Tom King was propped all of 2015 as being the next big thing and when he get to the big time he shits all over the stage.

Jeez how bad was it? All I know is that he apparently had Catwoman murder hundreds of people, because they burned down her childhood orphanage or something. Or maybe that wasn't Tom King it's hard for me to remember.

Champions is the worst one I've actually read.

It's not terrible, it's just boring as hell. There's a bunch of OC's nobody cares about and the stories just arent compelling.