Only God Forgives discussion thread

Only God Forgives discussion thread.

Nothing to discuss. All style no substance.

I liked Neon Demon more.

boring as shit

t. people I more or less agree with

I hyped myself up way too much on this one. After I saw Drive and knew the Goose was going to be in this, I thought it was going to be a lot like that but set in some Thailand. I was so disappointed

It was kinda boring. I still enjoyed it , and there's nothing terribly bad about it. It's just kind of bland.

Yeah, I was expecting a lot of cool action and Goose being awesome but instead the movie was about some balding Asian guy who kept killing people who couldn't defend themselves and then sang the same boring song over and over again. And the only fight in the movie was Ryan getting his ass kicked.

I'd like a book that has every shot in the film, it's aesthetically a perfect looking film and I'd love to study it

For me it was better than Neon
take away the eye candy and Keanu scenes and it was literally a pile of nothing
At least OnlyGod had a few good scenes

>watch a movie because Sup Forums recommends it
>turns out the person who recommended it was the only person on Sup Forums who likes the movie and everyone else thinks it's shit

The Keanu scenes were actually completely out of place in the movie. I'm not sure why he was there but I have to figure Refn just got a big name actor to try and trick people into watching it.

You know what contains every shot in the film? The fucking film.

he's only 'out of place' in that he's the only person we see besides the beta orbiter photographer that isn't high as a kite on pure pretentiousness. He's just a sleazebag hotel manager.

is bangkok really this aesthetic?
also, requesting the screencap of gosling yelling with the volume turned all the way up

ROOM 214

>also, requesting the screencap of gosling yelling with the volume turned all the way up
I've been looking for that too, it's annoying because I have no idea how to search for it.

>doesn't know what photogtaphy books are

What if I'm not around a tv? What if i don't like the film other than for its cinematography and don't feel like watching it?

>What if I'm not around a tv?
I don't know, how about using a tablet, you fucking moron?

I literally jumped out of my seat at this part. I was not expecting it.

AAH!

worst film ever in the history of the multiverse.

If you disregard style as without substance you are too dumb for film. Simple as that.

I really want to get some Refn's movie posters, frame them and put purple/blue/red leds on the picture frame. is that a good idea?

Why didn't you save her?

:(

Who would win in a fight, Bronson or Chang? Bronson is oiled up. Chang knows he is guilty.

Chang

PENIS
WOMB
FUCKING PIECE of shit movie is like a spiritual journey jodorowsky type of thing with all the frills cut out to go straight for a dream like at times surreal vibe, loved the simplicity of it and how things would progressively be revealed through insinuations of dialogue, julian's dilemma near the end had me hooked, and god damn those cops, its cool to see behind the scenes footage where refn is directing the actors and noticing that he got exactly what he wanted out of them