Themes you love that never got popular

>Atlantis
>lost civilization thats a precursor of Indoeuropean(Aryan) culture.
>a worldwide naval power
>people with extremely long lifespans
>high technology based on natural energy
>people were beautiful and wise
>elements of magic
>At war with parasitic control culture that survived the Event and rule today
>Descendents survive to present day with no memory
>plucky researcher finds the lost capitol still sparsely inhabited withing deep sea caves

>Rick and Morty skipped it
>Pirates of the Carribean skipped it
>Disney movie flopped

I've lost hope they'd make a live action movie about this..

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantean_language
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Indoeuropean(Aryan)
Oh fuck off, retard

You should watch Castle in the Sky, it's basically about air Atlantis

Shame the movie was so all over the place, it had some great moments

WE WUZ ARYAN AND SHIT

It always struck me as odd someone would jut insult someone on things they know nothing about with an insult.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages

I felt it was good if it was a pg movie made by dreamworks over rated G disney.

it has some solid source material and the guy who created Klingon also made a functional language for the film.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantean_language

the film had everything it needed to be Kino.

what went wrong?

"aryan" as 19th century Europeans saw it was the proto-indoeuropean people. The atlanteans in the movie is that people, that's why they can speak every European language (this doesn't really make sense, but that's the explanation.

It's a underrated movie, a shame it got fucked direction-wise (it was meant to have a higher rating and not be aimed at kids at first) and has a bit uneven animation.
I would watch a wolfenstein-esque sequel

Treasure hunting. Its amazing how few treasure hunting movies there are.

It was in the wrong time.
Came too late to fall into that dark but still socially acceptable for children time, came too early to get the man children generation who currently shit their pants every time Disney releases anything.
Same thing happened with titan ae IIRC.
All the pieces were there but I think producers intervened and fucked them up.

Lost World/Civilization was very popular in the late 19th century/pre-WWI 20th century (King Solomon's Mines and She were unironically the best selling novels of the whole 19th century).
This was a time when a lot of Africa and even some of Asia was still effectively terra incognita and there were a lot of genuine explorers. It was what people talk about in magazines. With colonial powers strongly in place, it was also a golden age of archaeology (and paleontology). It was in this period that many of the previous classical wewuzzery got btfo. Also a golden age for anthropology with people like Frazer.
There is just nothing of the kind today. Discoveries are few and far between in tems of exploration or archaeology, and in case of anthropology, it's become retarded propaganda ever since Franz Boas.
The theme has partially been coopted by sci-fi where you often have le epic old civilization.

germans are the niggers of western civilization

that was the first season of black sails, and also national treasure 3 would be appreciated.

>titan ae
damn the dredge were fuckin scary..loved that movie

It's crazy how a movie can come out "too soon"

Mountain man shit.. See The Revenant.
I love this shit but all you get is shitty shit like spaghetti westerns if it's set in that time period.
I would shit my pants over a Lewis and Clark miniseries of high quality. Or a movie.

There is little reason to make one when Jeremiah Johnson is already the pure mountain man kino.

thought thsat was taters, or slavs, or pols, or britbongs, or frogs, or wops, or whover else its convenient to call niggers when your econnomy is failing

>8000+ years old
>still looks like 25 tops
>speaks every indo-european language
>martial arts expert
>understands that the leadership is holding Atlantis back and slowly killing it (AKA redpilled)
>devout ethno-nationalist, is willing to sacrifice herself for her city
>sees the value of using foreign expertise while at the same time keeping foreign interests out

Kida is absolutely based

>Lewis and Clark miniseries

WE need a good Buffalo calling ceremony scene when the natives have a huge orgy and the explorers are asked to join as a custom.

and top tier disney waifu

well that goes without saying

my first crush

>ywn be a milo and fuck her everyday

>new movie is about atlantis

Indiana Jones?

Don't worry bro, as long as you're willing to put up with capeshit Atlantis kino is back on the menu

Since the new superhero movie about Namor is coming out soon.

It was too good for this world

But will it have cute brown women with white hair, this is important