Why do studios keep offering him work...

Why do studios keep offering him work? He wanted to give up on a season 1 cliffhanger and basically checked out after begrudgingly agreeing to a season 2 of his show and caused it to dip in quality. Isn't that the type of attitude that makes studios want to avoid him and consider someone a liability?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/deadline.com/2016/11/detective-pikachu-pokemon-rob-letterman-to-direct-legendary-1201862346/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Isn't that the type of attitude that makes studios want to avoid him and consider someone a liability?
They don't look at attitude. All they look at is whether or not he can make a successful product, which he can and did (even if you hate Gravity Falls it was financially a success for Disney). He keeps getting work because he proved that he has the ability to make studios money, and that's all they really need him to do.

>Isn't that the type of attitude that makes studios want to avoid him and consider someone a liability?

No. As long as you bring in money, you can do whatever you want short of rape, murder, and being a John K-level cunt. Do you think the heads of the studios give two tugs of a dead dogs cock about the quality of content? Fuck no they don't, especially when that content is aimed at kids. GF didn't make Spongebob money but it was successful enough, and built him a fan base that may follow him to future projects.

They don't give a shit about attitude if they're able to make money at the end of the day

>guy makes some place money
>other places want him to work for them
>wtf i dont understand

>muh money is all they want meme
Even if that is true you faggots don't seem to realize that attitude is important because it makes him a fucking liability, if he flakes out in the middle of a shows run like he tried to do with GF then they'll lose money because he won't try to make something that they can sell.

He's working? I haven't heard of him doing anything since GF.

John K didn't get fired for being a douche otherwise Danny Anntonucci would have lost his show, too. He got fired for not meeting a deadline. And had Hirsch not been convinced to keep going with GF for a second season, what he would have done with just stopping the show at a cliffhanger because he got tired would be worse than not meeting a deadline.

They will own whatever he makes, and can fire him and hire someone else to continue it if it's successful. By then they'll have the important part (the property itself).

He took a long vacation to travel and relax. He's co-writing (or will be soon, I don't remember exactly) a script for a Detective Pikachu movie. Also, rumor is he's talking with Fox for a new animated series, but that's just a rumor.

He probably has friends in the industry and has shown the ability to make a successful cartoon. You do the math.

It why contracts are a thing. Disney was trying something new with him so they only signed him for one season. After that he was playing hardball to make the contract renewal favorable for him. You don't act like you need the company you act like the company needs you. If he were like "I can't wait to do season 2". Then Disney would have bent him over for the privilege. However if you act like you could care less if they shoved season 2 up their ass then they will either call your bluff and end it or want to make money and agree to a contract revision.

>He's co-writing (or will be soon, I don't remember exactly) a script for a Detective Pikachu movie.

I'm gonna need a fucking source for this.

>Chris Savino
>6'2"
>is married and has two kids
>is fairly conservative but tolerant of others' beliefs
>worked his ass off for 25 years before finally getting his own show at the age of 44
>maintains a pleasant, low-key professionalism about the more autistic fans of his show

>Alex Hershey Bar
>5'7"
>is a drunk who cheated on his girlfriend
>is a raging SJW who fired employees that wouldn't conform to his beliefs
>got gift-wrapped a show by Disney at 27 because he drew a couple of anti-Bush cartoons on DeviantArt
>running a show was too hard for him, so he spilled his spaghetti and quit
>threw a temper tantrum over fans of his show on social media and called them insulting names

Google it you fucking layabout, there's a ton of sources on it. One of them is CartoonBrew.

Hi twitterfag.

Still lying and making shit up?

What user said

If they wanted they could make a season 3 without Alex. Unlike anime where a series ends if the creator doesn't want to play ball or dies, in the West if there is money to be made people can be replaced, and the show will go on.

Hacklett status:

Told [ ]

Stone Told Steve Austin [X]

google.com/amp/deadline.com/2016/11/detective-pikachu-pokemon-rob-letterman-to-direct-legendary-1201862346/amp/

>Legendary Entertainment has set Rob Letterman to direct Detective Pikachu, the live-action film. Scripted by Nicole Perlman and Alex Hirsch, the project follows Detective Pikachu, a new character and storyline in the Pokémon universe.

Why are they adapting a game that was never released in the West?

>insulted the fans

Fans deserve it. It's not the people who hate your show that give you the most shit; they'll usually not watch or not care enough to talk about it. It's the people who like the show that are the biggest assholes about every minor detail or character.

>still being this anus-hurt about Alex not making your personal ship canon

At least 80% of complaints about GF can be boiled down to this.

I don't understand why the political affiliations matter. Savino himself seems socially progressive.

Fuck off, Alex.

Alex always seemed like a nice cool guy to me. Don't get why people here hate him so much.