'SNL' Star Pete Davidson Reveals Borderline Personality Disorder Diagnosis

>Explaining that he's "been a pothead forever," the comedian initially believed the symptoms he was experiencing were due to his use of the drug. "Around October or September last year, I started having these mental breakdowns where I would, like, freak out and then not remember what happened after. Blind rage," said Davidson.

Why are all stand-up comics mentally ill pot-smoking degenerates? Does this also explain why they are almost always liberal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codependency
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3476840/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why are you focusing on marijuana usage when he clearly had a pre-existing medical condition. For all we know the weed might have actually delayed the onset of his episodes by keeping him calm and relaxed.

smoking weed makes you mentally ill, it doesn't cure it

Current research shows smoking pot during adolescence can cause mental illness in later life.

He was probably a burn out in high school and now it's fucking him up.

>2017
>not smoking weed
Why are Sup Forums fags also always boring virgins?

>star
ok

Larry David's daughter is or was fucking this guy.

>Current research shows smoking pot during adolescence can cause mental illness in later life.
is that why i'm a full blown neet

its a personality disorder. hes just a whiny bitch.

He has the same thing as the girl does in Girl Interrupt.

humor comes from misery. the best stand up has always come from people who have suffered, and developed humor as a defense mechanism. Successful, happy people lose that ability, and that's why stand up comics that become wildly famous are never quite as funny as they used to be.

And yes, stand up comics are overwhelmingly liberal because the only people who go into "comedy" never went to college, never worked a 9-5, and don't understand how the world works.

are NEETS real? I dont understand how the fuck your parents just let u sit there and do nothing all day. They dont force you to go to university or get a job or are you such a burden that you completely ignore them while they yell at you to better yourself.

>HEY GUYS, I HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS LMAO

I hate comedians who talk about their fucking conditions.

This. If he was Schizo then it was the weed. A PD is literally just you being a fuckhead.

I don't respect people who smoke weed. People who spend time making themselves dumber are worthless.

I'm a 19 year old NEET and I wonder this myself

the absolute state of normalposters

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codependency

I have a part time job, but I'm not in education, and I still live with my parents, who mostly support me. I feel really guilty about it honestly.

>JUST SMOKE DE WEED MON IT HOLD DE INNER DEMONS AT BAY

BPD is just being an asshole
He always came off like an asshole too.

one of the e's in neet is employment, so if you have a part time job you are not a neet

>an acid, that dissolves brain tissue helps someone with mental issues
goddamn those mental gymnastics

no but it explains why theyre always enlightened with above average emotional intelligence and enough genius to make millions of dollars speaking words into a microphone.

The weed triggers/exacerbates the mental illness.

If you don't think mid-altering drugs have a long-term effect on your brain then you're delusional.

This thread is literally borderline retarded.
>Actor reveals severe and severely misunderstood mental illness
>"Marijuana is for fucking degenerates!"
Who gives a shit? Marijuana is ground zero for the, "Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one," axiom. You add nothing to the discussion by suggesting that people who smoke pot are degenerates, no-thing.You're saying words no one will bother arguing against into void; there's no one saying, "Wait a minute, I respectfully disagree, let's have a productive discussion about this that people want to read."

First off, Davidson isn't implying that there is a connection between smoking pot and developing BPD, he's actively acknowledging it was a misconception. Second, BPD is a severe personality disorder and someone publicly revealing that they have it is a big deal - and not just because people with BPD don't always reveal that they have it. Relatively speaking, it's a pretty poorly understood condition, and it's very severe depending on the person's willingness to commit to long-term treatment through specific therapies.

Like if the guy is acknowledging it and it's out there, at least there's a chance he'll get treated, but it's basically the equivalent of being hit in the head with an emotional bat when you're a kid.

Doesn't work.

Is he dope?

they understand how the world works, thats why they refuse to work a 9-5 lol idiot

I'm just a regular loser.

>they understand how the world works, thats why they refuse to work a 9-5 lol idiot

steven crowder pls leave

BPD is what Dave Folley's evil wife had, and he described it as "clinically evil"
Like it's notoriously hard to treat because of the manipulative and slippery nature of the patients.
They can smile and tell you they love you convincingly while thinking about murdering or hurting you. Shits fucked,

Bpd is literally emo the disorder.
So now that you know how to trigger him, make fun of his fear of separation, tendency to self harm, impulsive self destructive behavior, and inability to maintain stable relationships despite fearing that the most.
I'm putting money on him in the suicide pool. It's rare in guys, probably only because they all kill themselves instead of scratching at their arms and legs like a little bitch.

the science correlation/causation on marijuana and mentall illness is still out. it could end up being like tobacco which eases the symptoms of a few mental illnesses

>they understand how the world works, thats why they refuse to work a 9-5 lol idiot

borderline is the biggest excuse diagnosis

boo hoo, unfunny kike. learn to deal with your shit like the rest of us.

have fun wasting 40 hours of your life every week not doing what you want haha idiots. why arent you in bed? you dont want to be late for your boss to lecture you again do you?

>missing the point this much

>borderline personality disorder
>borderline

So it's not a personality disorder, just close to one? Sounds like an excuse for being a shitty person.

Hopefully this revelation helps others. I don't mind weed usage but don't do it when you are younger.

I loved that story he told of his mom. He said his mom took him to a doctor when he had allergies and found out he was allergic to a bunch of animals, including horses. The doctor asked if he wanted to also give her some medication to deal with the horse allergy and she just "don't bother, he's never going to see one". kek how poor was he.

STOP IT I JUST WANT A ROOF OVER MY HEAD AND INTERNET

My girlfriend threatened to kill me if ever cheated on her, which I'd never do, and then proceeded to cheat on me behind my back whenever she'd get drunk when I wasn't there to stop her. I still remember her saying things like, "I think it's right to physically punish people when they're wrong," without the slightest self-awareness in her voice.

And my experience was relatively tame. Still, I can't help but hate pricks like who think that it isn't a real diagnosis.

Wrong, it's just an unfortunate naming thing. It's on the same level as things like Histrionic PD or Narcissistic PD.

Easily weakest cast member on snl
He pops on update every so often to act smug and remind people he has a job there. I personally knew Michael Che, and he hated Pete because he acted like he got there on talent, when it was pure luck. All the fucks that work for that show turn into huge egotists for no reason, save for maybe norm.

>tfw bpd diagnosis after moms death
pot makes it so much worse. it definitely wasnt helping him. i dont take medications or beg for sympathy though. you can deal with this shit on your own if you choose to. this is actually the first time anyone outside my immediate family knows about it. but idk why liberals love to parade their mental illnesses around like some prize pig. its the most self righteous and annoying thing anyone could do.

>stand up comics are overwhelmingly liberal because the only people who go into "comedy" never went to college, never worked a 9-5, and don't understand how the world works

Stand ups are overwhelming liberal because creative people are overwhelmingly liberal.

There is a strong correlation of political alignment to the personality trait "openness" which encompassess active imagination (fantasy), aesthetic sensitivity, attentiveness to inner feelings, preference for variety, and intellectual curiosity. Liberals are high on openness, conservatives are low.

There's the opposite correlation with conscientiousness.

my brother dated a BPD girl and I am sort of psychology minded. the best way I would describe it is extreme insecurity externalized and projected.

wow, very edgy!

>Dave Folley's
I cry everytime, that divorce/alimony story is fucking disgusting.

I wonder if any other major even from early in his life might have had some effect. Like maybe that big building that fell on his dad?

GET UP WAGEKEK. It's time to go to work for Mr Goldenpocketsberg and earn that "salary" of yours. Careful not to offend anybody, you don't want to get fired!

Your al a carte psychiatry babble holds back progress in treating people with brain injuries and true, severe mental illness. Though it may sound ironic, please kill yourself.

It's not a real diagnosis, they're just shitty people.

That's a drawn out way of saying "they have to tap dance for the big jews to make it".

>smoke pot
>when you get a mental breakdown, you can't tell if it's from the weed or something else
Sounds great.

You're basically just dating a Dostoevsky character: very charming, but emotionally and socially retarded to a toxic degree.

Personally, I'd prefer if people started to bring awareness to the disorder as long as it's presented in a conscientious and constructive way. A celebrity getting up and acknowledging it isn't really that, though.

His bit about that is prophetic of his disorder. Dude claims to have no emotional attachment, and he's probably right. But what's he's not right about is that it's normal because he was "young."
He is emotionally fucked up and has been since he was a kid.

>Star Pete
Who?
>SNL
Why should I care? Why should anyone care?

Friendly Reminder that those blind rages he's talking about are common in serial killers who "black out" and then wake up with a body in front of them.

You mean true, severe mental illnesses that cause people to self-harm, commit suicide, abuse alcohol and drugs, and engage in incredibly destructive behavior that hurts both themselves and people around them? And speaking of brain injuries, the brains of people with BPD are physiologically different from developmentally normative brains, so your argument happens to be retarded on both fronts.

but nice one faggot

>Dostoevsky character:

in english doc! seriously pls explain. not a lit person

Phil Hartmann was murdered by his crazy wife too, you may be lucky to be alive on some level user.
From my experience BPD has a big thing with lying. They'll lie about everything and anything, seemingly for no reason. I think it's to maintain an image, but it's more likely they just can't help it.

t. leddit poster

>not white

more like borderline person disorder amirite?

Crazy

>creative people are overwhelmingly liberal

what a load of bullshit. there is nothing about liberalism that engenders it to "creatives". A "liberal" fifty years ago would be considered conservative by todays standards. Is that to say there were no "creatives" around back then? Or have political values just changed

i really think the best thing is accepting the fact that your perception of life will not be the same as others. its not fair but nothing is fair for anyone. i think some stupid celebrity being really open about it will push kids to "indulge" in symptoms. what helped me was realizing that its not ok to act or think a certain way just because there is a name for it. mental illness is something that should be swept under the rug for the most part, but thats just my opinion senpai.

>people with BPD are physiologically different from developmentally normative brains

is that before or after brain shrinking medication?

It's a jordan peterson meme.
Creatives are high in openness I think or something to that effect idk. He mentions it in damn near every lecture.

t. Paranoid Schizophrenic

t. denies scientifically proven things

She wasn't that dangerous, as far as people with BPD go. I mean I've heard fucking horror stories, but I'm also pretty hesitant to label crazy people disordered. I sympathize with survivors of BPD relationships, because Jesus fuck it sucks, but I think it's easy to go a little crazy with trying to really rationalize their behavior; some of them are just bad people on top of being disordered.

how come everybody nowdays has some meme "mental illness"?

Hey now it's just a prank bro why don't you slip me some of those sweet studies and we can party?

so we're labeling whiny little cunts borderline personality disorder? if he had actual talent he wouldn't have to reveal this fake disease.

Your jewish pseudoscience lumps your made up "conditions" with schizophrenia, and is complicit in people thinking bipolar disorder is having mood swings.

If you aren't hallucinating then fuck off. If you're suicidal then do it.

M8 it's just a cluster of symptoms like any other mental illness. There's nothing fake about being in pain.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3476840/

There's nothing medical about being sad and confused.

That's a mature way to look at it, and ultimately pretty positive. I think a diagnosis is sometimes the small push some people need to really rationalize remaining in these patterns of self-destructive behavior, even when they are definitively pathological like BPD.
I'm actually a little worried about BPD getting exposure, because I don't want it to be misunderstood, sort of like you said. It'll never reach the level of feckless self-diagnosis that other, more common mental illnesses will have, but that's not really the reason I'm worried.

t. butthurt conservatard that's mad he can't paint sailboats

Gay frog water probably.
I mean what the fuck else could it be? An entire generation is fucked up beyond all reason.
We're all on ssris or anti anxiety medication. Anyone with any real trauma in their life kills themselves. 58% of the young working age male population in the US claims some kind of disability. 58%. Then there's an entire other group that a just isn't looking for work.
You can't tell me an entire generation just doesn't have coping skills or has unrealistic expectations.
Something fucked us up. Plastic, birth control, vaccines, I don't fucking know. But something gave us all this autism and suicidal personality disorders.

It is, in fact, fairly medical when a series of doctors you've consulted for a relative non-issue tell you you likely suffer from a mental illness that causes mental breakdowns and blackouts and correlates highly with serious issues like substance abuse.

tl;dr i went and read the full article

We used to call them, "vices", "faults", perhaps even "sins". But I don't have any of those, I have a "mental illness" which means you can't complain about anything you think is wrong with me. If I spend all my time locked in my room alone, I have social anxiety and you just don't understand. If I get angry and start screaming at you, I can't help it, it's just the way my brain works. I need help, but you can't tell me that anything I'm doing is wrong. Pity me.

look, we're not talking about special snowflakes who say "i'm too depressed to exist". those people are simply weak-willed, flimsy people who would have failed regardless because they'd have found another avenue to escape responsibility.
you can't discredit an entire branch of medical science just because it personally offends you that some people are shitty, lmao

do you even know anyone who seriously contends with a diagnosed mental illness that isn't "social anxiety" or "depression"?

the breakdown of society due to size, disconnect, and artificial replacements alongside enviromental factors you mentioned.

>I mean what the fuck else could it be? An entire generation is fucked up beyond all reason.

>The ethologist John B. Calhoun coined the term "behavioral sink" to describe the collapse in behavior which resulted from overcrowding.

>In the 1962 study, Calhoun described the behavior as follows:
>Among the males the behavior disturbances ranged from sexual deviation to cannibalism and from frenetic overactivity to a pathological withdrawal from which individuals would emerge to eat, drink and move about only when other members of the community were asleep. The social organization of the animals showed equal disruption. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

psychotherapist user here.
ask me anything BPD related.

If true cities, particularly in Europe, should have collapsed decades ago.
I'm in west us and our population density is nothing compared to major urban centers yet everyone still follows this trend.

what kind of title is that? you have a degree in psychology or a doctorate? what is your method of behavioral therapy?

Is a large of the members of your profession incompetent, or just scams clients when they can't actually be helped, which would explain the pitiful success rate of psychoanalysis..

Answer this before you answer anything else

What's the gender ratio for BPD patients? How many had their family sexually molest them when they were kids?

I have a Master of Science Degree in Psychology and went through the 5 years of training in behavioral therapy, as is required in my country to legally offer therapy and cash in with the health insurance system.
I mostly use cognitive behavioral therapy, rational-emotive behavioral therapy and dialectiv-behavioral therapy.

Wtf is Dialectic all about? I know it's used for BPD but what does the patient get out of treatment?

Psychoanalysis is a shit. The only reason it's still alive today is because all the M.D.s practice it and the education system is biased towards psychoanalysis because of it.
There are little to no studies that show any reason to favor psychoanalysis over behavioral therapy.
So most of the scammers, i suppose, arise from the psychoanalyst side.

Mostly women, as one would expect. However, I suspect that men with BPD are often misdiagnosed with NPD or APD because the BPD manifests quite differently in men.

People with BPD often are complete trainwrecks. You wouldn't even know where to start in therapy. Which problem to tackle first. So along comes DBT, which tries to find a balance between acceptance of how things are right now (mostly quite shitty) yet still moving on to change things.
It's one of those 3rd wave behavioral forms of therapy.

How likely is it this snl guy is actually npd?

You have to go back