Just watched this

Just watched this.
Quite enjoyed it.

I did too. The animation felt a little stilted though.

Better than Bojack 2bh

On a scale from 1-10?

Could not disagree more.

Is there going to be a second season? Or was this just a one time only thing?

I sure hope so. It's like an even better version of King of the Hill.

Netflix has confirmed for a new season.

Which is good, I definitely felt each episode improved on the one before. Has a lot of potential. Plus, Bill Burr.

Who else thought the daughter was kinda hot?

Netflix isn't typically known for good animation, but it was still a fun series to watch. also Bill and his sister are fucking cute. I wish there was more fanart of them.

I thought she was cute and it made me feel bad that I'll never have a cute little daughter

I had a weird thought regarding this show.

Take the main character, he's really conservative and uptight by today's standards. Meanwhile his "cool" neighbor is fucking chicks, smoking weed and always having a good time.
The main character hates the neighbor, despite the neighbor being presented as a great and friendly guy. The reasons he hate him is because he's a degenerate, a hippy, a fag and whatever, you name it.

Most of the audience probably wanted the main character and the neighbor to become friends, thinking it would positively impact the main character. Many probably thought, "Man I wish I could live during that time and be friends with a cool guy like the neighbor".

However if you create the same scenario right now. A regular person by today's standards living next to some side-cut sporting fat SJW LGBTQWTF trigender poly-amorous syrupkin who fucks dogs, or something similar. The regular person would not want to be friends with him/her/zer/ximm obviously. They have nothing in common and the syrupkin would just be way, way too much for the regular person, and he would likely grow to hate the obnoxious pile of human garbage.

And this makes me wonder. 30 years from now, are we look at the above situation and think, "Man I wish I could live 2016 and be friends with a cool trigendered SJW like that" while finding the regular person uptight and missing out on a great friendship? Maybe.

But it also goes the other way. When you think about the people you find disgusting today, it helps you imagine how the main character in F is for Family must feel about the neighbor, and why it seems so impossible for them to be friends. I'm glad they ended on an okay note, but when taking all this into perspective I don't think someone normal alive during that era could have really been friends with a guy like that.

He's currently working on it now.

Talks about it on his podcast all the time.

The thing about the neighbor is he's extremely attractive and successful despite all of his idiosyncrasies. He has a successful job doing something he legitimately loves, he's fit, has a huge donger, is confident, and has a full head of hair.

Basically, he's what the protagonist wishes his life was like. That's the point of the opening - he was once a young man filled with dreams that got saddled with a ton of responsibility and had to make compromises.

There is absolutely nothing successful or wish fulfilling about being an SJW cunt. They are SJWs because they're unsuccessful, unhappy people. You'll never look at them and say, 'I wish I was tens of thousands in debt for a useless social studies degree and a job that pays shit at the local Co-op while occasionally writing opinion pieces for the Guardian/Atlantic/New York Times/Mother Jones for free."

Started weak, got better with each episode. Looking forward to season 2, hope it continues the trend.

Its oddly comfy.

You know outside the scenes with full on hairy ballsacks.

>You'll never look at them and say,
That's precisely the thing.
Maybe 30 years from now that's the peak of success.

The ball sacks freaked me out the first time I watched it, because I didn't want anyone walking in the room while that part was on....

You're either an idiot, or trying way too hard to force some shitty "TUMBLR REEEEEEEEEE" drama into this thread. There is almost no parallel between those two things.

>that part where Bill is under the bed when they're talking about how his older brother nearly died
>that part where they start fucking and he has to listen

It's really not the same, man.

Also "really makes you think" posts are supposed to be ironic

I hate the neighbor too. What the hell is likable about some hippie asshole?

>Can you walk?
>Yeah. Carry me.

>dysfunctional animated family sitcom
>dad wears a white shirt
Why is this so common?

I loved the opening credits

White collar job.
Not so subtle imagery of the average overworked American.

what color shirt did your dad wear?

Save

same. was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it.
this is bs though.

Yeah, I watched it nearly a week ago and enjoyed it. Don't give a fuck about Bill Burr one way or the other but had heard good things about the show online.

Had heard some people complain that the swearing was too excessive but I thought it worked in context. Also comments about "too many sitcoms about families," which I guess is a thing but I think the execution is more important than the premise, and it looking like a Family Guy clone. While the animation isn't amazing it looks more like King of the Hill to me. Looks a lot like it actually.

I really liked the continuity and the consistent details, like characters' interests etc. Overall depressing tone was good too. The main characters' personalities and interactions were solid; side characters less so but they were still used decently.

Could've been stronger; some jokes and stuff missed, sometimes it felt like it dragged, but there's not one thing I can really single out as THE problem. I feel like more than 6 episodes might've helped even though the characters/premise were still developed well for what it was.

Probably about a 7/10 for me overall. Liked it, definitely going to watch the second season.

gave me a weird boner

Repressed memories, bruh.

>mfw I put you through that fucking wall

You fucking animals made me forget my face

This

Wow, it kind of looks like Simpsons/king of the Hill/Family guy/Bobs Burgers/Cleaveland show/American dad/etc., is it?

DUDE BAD PARENTING LMAO

Is there anything more relatable though?

That line always made me laugh, reminds me of the over the top shit my dad would half jokingly threaten when I was being a shit as a kid.

I hope season 2 is as well paced. A show that doesn't drag on too long is really refreshing.