Is Yang Wenli a cuck for believing in democracy even when he knew it didn't reflect the will of the people?

Is Yang Wenli a cuck for believing in democracy even when he knew it didn't reflect the will of the people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eRI5eWWZIpo
chinahighlights.com/travelguide/beijing-opera/the-ruse-of-the-empty-city.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't know who he is, but based on what you've told me, yes he is.

Democracy is flawed but it's best humanity can manage by itself.

No, because he stuck with it until the end, he didn't give up his principles because of a few corrupt politicians.

did you even watch the show?

Yang deserved a better death

Nope, he was a hypocrite as he was opposing the mayority of humanity that wanted based Reinhard as ruler, thus figting against the democratic will of the galaxy.

He is in no way a cuck as he fucked imperial admirals and fleets with ease

He could of avoided the politicians entirely because he was held in such regard, instead he let Trunhuit send millions of people to their deaths and wreck the economy.

Yang spoke about it. Most of his efforts were to preserve the lives of the men in his fleet.

He remained as admiral because he wanted to prevent senseless deaths.

Yang Wenli is such a badly written character

he's an idiot with conflicting world views who against all logic and credibility always succeeds. even his death was fucking retarded and predictable in a bad way. and yes, he's a cuck

logh is one of the most overrated anime that exist. a huge pile of garbage

It is not wrong to defend the interests and lives of your own nation of people over the desires of other nations and tribes.

Yang was a retard because he thought people as a whole were smart enough to determine their own destinies.

Sorry Yang, you're wrong. People are shit and voting should be reserved to a few who prove they aren't fucking dumbshits.

Both Yang and Rheinhart were fighting against the entrenched Japanese fatalism and honor culture of false Bushido. It's not hard to use basic strategy against such a rigid opponent.

Also Yang micros better than vat grown Korean StarCraft computer interface champions.

Newfag detected

I disagree with every word of your post.

Yang sacrificed for his own beliefs about Democracy.

The worst part about his death is that there was never any mention of sleeping pills up until that point. If they'd foreshadowed it, then sure, but it just felt cheap.

His whole argument was simply that there was no guarantee that the next ruler after Reinhard would be any good. Hell, there's no established rite of succession after he dies. The whole empire could go into chaos as far as we know.

Yang is a cuck for not seeing democracy for what it showed itself to be.
Time and time again democracy failed him, it used him without valuing him, it held him bacl when he was on the cusp of victory. Democracy and yang's idealism for it were his shackles.

Yang should have seen that the weak cannot rule over the strong. He was strong, truniht and the council were not. He should have been giving them orders, yet it was the other way around and the FPA fell because of it.

The empire is ruled by the strong, which is why it won.

>Yang
>micros
the space battles were utterly retarded. what fucking micro. most of his victories were illogical asspulls and just a result of the world being bent into his favor

fuck off back to n/a/ruto

no. the worst part about his death was that is was forced as fuck just like most big deaths in that shitty show

>He could of avoided the politicians entirely
that would go against demlcracy

The semi-circle was a lens formation. The movements worked because it had good focus firing while the other rectangular formations blocked each other. It bottlenecked larger fleets in regards to firepower.

Also 90% of the time the ship attrition was similar, Yang was just doing more with less.

Yang's most common strategy was dancing at maximum range until his opponents did something dumb.

That was Reinhard's argument, too, though. He was trying to find a way to find the best way to handle succession, but then...

Multiple times in the anime yang would have lost if the empire treated him like a normal opponent, but because he was Yang Wenli they got scared and did illogical things.

what is some better anime?

It is if you are defending the principles of democracy and the whole universe wants a "perfect" authocratic leader as then you would be figthing against the will of the majority which is everything except democratic.

Its even worse if the whole galaxy is under said ruler and you are only ruling a sieged military fortress populated almost enterely by its garrison.

Because being killed by people funded by (((Fezzan))) is so outlandish, right?

If you watched til the end, it was revealed that Trunhit was trying to inject constitution into Imperial society while working for them in order to achieve some sort of democracy, which was also Yang Wenli's end goal. Basically Trunhit is a man with the same ideals but is also a big fuckup cuckold.

expect complete silence or some universally liked anime like NGE

honestly, LOGH, DB and Jojo are now common parlance

up your skills m8

He's a character in Legend of the Galactic Heroes
so it's pretty much guaranteed he's gay.

I always figured it was intentional that Yang died by violence when he just wanted to be comfy, while the Kaiser died in bed when he wanted battle.

Who could blame him for fighting for this anthem?
youtube.com/watch?v=eRI5eWWZIpo

The imperials identified Yang's fleet by their complex movement. A couple of times they fought Yang's subordinates and assumed it was Yang. Also the hesitation against the incompetent training fleet.

Yang was notable for his unpredictable and often complex tactics.

History is full of people doing illogical things by today's perspective, when you deal with people you accept there is going to be a certain degree of illogical decisions.

>Protecting a corrupt democracy
So it's pretty much no better than an oligarchy, which is another form of tyranny?

That's true, but there's also no guarantee that the person elected won't be shit. In fact it's almost guaranteed to be true since the people voting are so fucking universally stupid.

I guess suicide by 5 bullets to the back of the head was too realistic.

Of course, it wasn't a criticism, just an observation.

Democracy is cuckoldism by default, unless you control the media and the banks

But it did reflect the will of the people. They still voted on their rulers and had a say, dictatorships or aristocracies don't have these freedoms or safeguards to protect the masses,

Right but at least shitty people won't be there forever. At least in theory anyway.

My personal opinion is that representative democracy is good, but universal suffrage is a mistake.

But the masses can't safeguard themselves because most people are stupid and will vote for whoever promises the most free shit and happy words
see: europe

>They still voted on their rulers and had a say,
That's what they want you to think

The only forced aspect of it was the fact that sleeping pills were never mentioned prior to that point.

If you want a forced death, try Schenkopp, but even then I'd be more likely to call it needless than forced

Starship Troopers republic is the only sensible choice. Meritocracy when able and voting rights to people who care enough to earn them.

Poisoned alcohol would have been the same.

Considering his love for drinks sleeping pills aren't that far away.

Even that doesn't make sense because the people with voting rights can vote for it to be harder and inevitably impossible for others to have voting rights and the whole thing devolved into feudalism with an oppressed peasant class.

I'm not sure what the new meta is in this regard, in medieval times "hunting accident" would of covered it.
That's fine. The problem is people judge history by a relatively immense amount of knowledge that we have available in the present and of course the victors write the history.

I mean, fuck, he could've just gotten really drunk and it would've essentially had the same effect and be within established character for him.

A lot of Clinton opposition has historically killed themselves by multiple gunshots to the head, followed by climbing into a suitcase and zipping it up.

That just shows the ingenuity of the American people, no other nation would go to such lengths to hide suicide.

Drug overdose especially sleeping pills or whatever sedative killed MJ and Prince is the current meta.

Die of sedatives and police just rule it accidental death.

just like real life. there are plenty of stories in real world history where commanders and generals have bluffed their way through some serious bullshit. The most obvious example would be Zhuge Liang pretending he had laid some elaborate trap by standing at the top of his own city gates, playing music. He had no soldiers, he had no real plan, but because of his reputation of being a crazy trap laying mother fucker, the enemy refused to charge in and kill him.

chinahighlights.com/travelguide/beijing-opera/the-ruse-of-the-empty-city.htm

Sleeping pills? What sleeping pills? He got shot and bled out.

No he stuck true to his principals

He took sleeping pills before he got shot. I'm not really sure why it's such a big deal. It's not like a sober Yang would have kicked ass in hand-to-hand combat.

Battle of Lynchburg Virginia was the same. Was a hospital city and railroad hub. They built defense works and manned them with the only troops they had and ran a train in and out of town and had the rest of the crowd cheer at the railroad yard.

Union didn't attack.

My guess is he used alcohol quite a bit to go to sleep, I know some that do that

Reinhardt should have gassed this fucking kike.

FUcking shit I never realized this irony.

He had a great mind for strategy but was never a fighter.

The reason he died is because he was confused and sluggish after taking sleeping pills. Had he been awake, he wouldn't have stumbled around in long hallways and stared down the guy who shot him. He would've ran and found somewhere to hide

the large majority of anime is shit but obviously there are many better ones. Ping Pong, CG, GuP, DtB, MSMM to name a few

but even though logh is incoherent, nonsensical, has bad writing, shitty art and animation, is full of asspulls and has many shitty characters your unintelligent kind will defend it no matter what, just like you do with NGE, an other incredibly overrated pile of shit

>inb4 quality is subjective
>inb4 youre are anime is shit without specific reasons
>inb4 namecalling instead of arguments

no. there were countless times where he could have easily died but magically survived. but then he had a silly death due to nonsensical circumstances. I saw his death coming several episodes in advance and what kept going through my head was 'are they really killing him in such a dumb way for forced drama?'

>Yang was notable for his unpredictable and often complex tactics.
see I see you already defended that nonsense
>muuh lens formation
if the anime had any hint of logical coherence the weak flanks would have crumbled resulting in a progressing surround and surface advantage and even with immediate retreat the half circle would have taken tremendous damage and suffered a big defeat

no. the issue is the death was one that should have been easily prevented. an other example is the death of Lutz. you could tell immediately they would kill him in a retarded way. instead of escaping they talked for minutes wasting precious time. and by the time he was fighting, the others already reached the ship. he died a pointless death with shallow silly drama

>honestly, LOGH, DB and Jojo are now common parlance

I don't know what any of those things are

Nah, the guy was only a few meters away at most. He would have just ran after him and shot him anyway.

The only thing I didn't like with his death was that Yang didn't take at least one cruiser with him. Or come in his flagship like he should have.

>talks shit about LOGH
>praises CG
wew lad

It's fine if you don't like it, but please stop shitting up the thread

>Nobody has mentioned Kirihiris
Manly tears.

>there are people in this thread who don't watch the original cell shaded format

He didn't want to advertise. Plus the flagship stays with the fleet. Corvettes are faster.

Not like it would have made a difference anyways.

strawman

all I did was list anime better than logh

but yeah, unlike logh at least CG is fast paced and entertaining. and while the strategies are shit too and full of asspulls, theyre still much better than those in logh. thats some praise right here

want a safe space? then fuck off back to plebbit you sub 100 IQ loser

Laserdisc rips a shit though. The last two season look great on BD. No weird digital editing.

>CG
>better strategy than LOGH
You've got to be kidding me. Don't get me wrong; LOGH did pull off some BS at times, but better than fucking Code Geass?

>unlike logh at least CG is fast paced
I'm sorry you have ADHD.

Actually he said that he just fought for democracy because he was raised in such environment, he also said the he would probably fight for monarchy if raised in another place, he even acknowledged that deep down people just wished to be ruled by strong and fair monarch.

95% of the BDrip is cel shaded, they only replace with digital footage where they truly screwed up. The first season is the worst, they expected it to go to TV so the pacing and budget is a little off and that's where you'll see most of the bad animation and art.

>chinahighlights.com/travelguide/beijing-opera/the-ruse-of-the-empty-city.htm

Zhuge Liang's Empty City ruse is suspected to be a myth(the only mentions of it in the Sanguozhi comes from annotations that historians are considering shaky at best).

Cao Cao however did pull of an Empty City Ruse.

He went against the will of democracy by hiding warships owned by the state and used them to raise a private army.
He totally gave up his principles.

>one that should have been easily prevented
As opposed to most deaths? Remember, we get the full story, the characters don't. Just because we see it as easily preventable, doesn't mean the characters do.

Lutz is an example of poor production - The creators wanted him to tell his story, but couldn't find an appropriate place for it until he was to die. But they had to keep the story moving, so they couldn't just focus on him. It was an OVA series, they wanted to tell the whole story but were pressed for time. If you've watch it, you can tell that pacing was sometimes and issue (i.e Certain aspects too rushed).

He like the 1/217 of a second coordinating windows between Ledouch and Lancelot.

>I saw his death coming several episodes in advance
If you didn't see that coming, you were fucking retarded. They literally told you that happened at the start of the fucking season.

>if the anime had any hint of logical coherence the weak flanks would have crumbled resulting in a progressing surround and surface advantage and even with immediate retreat the half circle would have taken tremendous damage and suffered a big defeat
>implying LoGH was about battle strategy

Don't even compare madoka and ping pong to that tank garbage or Code Geass. Even this is bait I'm still mad.

But I doubt he would've stumbled to that dark hallway if he had his wits about him.

Yang was fighting with depression since season one. He took the loss of every ship in his command as a personal failure.

>unlike logh at least CG is fast paced
LoGH was ridiculously fast-paced, you mong. They had to fit everything into it because it was an OVA series. There are so many situations where they could've put in filler and fleshed out the universe, but they didn't have the liberty of doing that because they needed to adapt the whole series in the time they were given

Why are you even bothering to compare CG and LoGH? Just from that alone shows that you have severe mental issues

He was a great military leader and a great personality, but when it came to politics he was bluepilled af.

>muuh ADHD
it is a matter of intelligence. I like fast pace because I am intelligent enough to handle it, unlike you

>LOGH did pull off some BS at times
all of LOGH was BS. their kind of space warfare is inherently retarded but the terrible execution made it much much worse. see earlier posts. of course the same applies to CG and not just because it is a mecha. but CG was in average not as shitty

>Just because we see it as easily preventable, doesn't mean the characters do
the entire concept of sending a single person to stay behind and wasting minutes of pointless talk in a life threatening evacuation scenario is retarded. he could have took the position of rear guard once the enemies caught up. the action was inherently irrational and pointless

>rushed
not an excuse
>poor production
exactly my point. that's an aspect of why I say that logh is shit

Oh god, I fucking missed that. Madoka is the worst piece of shit out there. Comparable to Chaos;Head. They spend the entire fucking story hyping up the fact that the main character has this amazing power while showing off all the other, somehow even more unlikable, characters getting themselves into completely avoidable situations and rely on the characters to literally not pay attention to any of the dialogue or world around them.

But it's ok because it's a """deconstruction of a genre"""

Yeah, but it doesn't hurt to foreshadow the sleeping pills. At the very least, they could've just made him drunk

So basically you're mad that there are factors outside of the show that were uncontrollable?

Being rushed absolutely is an excuse, they don't have the time to do everything they want in the proper sequence it would allow. You're just bitching because it's not a fucking modern anime where they're allowed to waste an entire episode on some faggot crying about this or that with absolutely no other story progression whatsoever.

>LoGH was ridiculously fast-paced
>pic related

I will stop now. waste of time. anyone who thinks logh is good has such low intelligence that you can't have reasonable arguments with them, which is shown time and time again

code geass?
are you fucking 15 years old?

>it woznt fast paced coz there wurnt enuf akshun seens xD
>t. u (AKA faggot)

Really? Up until now it's been you who've been giving unreasonable arguments.

Not sure why yang is considered a cuck or bluepilled. He never said War should not be had or militaries shouldn't exist. He admitted that Autocracies were better than democracies if they had a good leader.

Her power is a plot point, retard. Not to mention preventing her from making the contract actually causes her to become more powerful after each rewind.

Its not even deconstruction. Its just the plot. The deconstuction is the loli lich emotion entropy aliens thing.

Not really, he explained his thinking and it's pretty logical

He said he could be happy in a monarchy under a guy like Rhinehard, but the problem with monarchies is that you eventually get shitheads and the country goes to shit forever just like the empire, rome, spain, england, france, and every other monarchy did.

He then acknoledged that you have the same problem in democracy, but believed the chances of getting non-retards was higher and the reign of the idiots was somewhat limited.

I know that, faggot, just like it was in Chaos;Head. It doesn't stop it from being a terrible story element, which is what I'm criticising, dipshit.

I'm saying that anything produced past 2005 and labelled as a "deconstruction of a genre" (Madoka, Samurai Flamenco etc) have all been so up their own asses that they've been terrible. Flamenco was alright, but then it took the Flamengers turn and spent 8 episodes on it instead of one and it ruined the whole show, then ended that segment of it with a cop-out.

The really horrible part of the show was the forced way in which Reinhard got sick with incurable fevers to kill him and end the series since the character didn't have anywhere to go anymore

Because that's how alexander the great died, and he was space alexander