twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes...

YES!

No

YES

Yes

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Is he descended from the original Megatron or not?

No...

I thought it was MODOK from the thumbnail.

He's either a random grunt who decided to call himself Megatron after reading it in as the name of a mighty conqueror in a book of prophecy, or a crime boss who decided to call himself Megatron when a rival sarcastically compared him to the original.
His real name is Gnashteeth.

No

Source?

transformersclub.com/prose/identity_politics-v2.0.pdf
"Gnashteeth" technically isn't canon to the cartoon, but it fits perfectly.

This was the first show to make me care about the story and mystery of the show and feel something for the characters. Name a 90s show with better voice acting, Im having a hard time naming a single one in general.

MAYBE

yeeeeeessss

This is a gratifying read, as someone who misses this Megatron dearly.

I put Beast Wars up there with Batman TAS desu as far as great 90s action cartoons go, I think it was more consistently good than say Gargoyles which was another good show

It's a shame so many people get caught up on the dated CGI and that Transformers in general tends to seem to have a niche audience, cuz hurrr its based on toyz, otherwise I think more people would recognize it as being great as well

WHO ELSE HAS THE HARD HEROES RHINOX FIGURE

BEAST WARS WAS BEST TRANSFORMERS

I have a reaction folder of BW stuffs

>HARD HEROES

>It's a shame so many people get caught up on the dated CGI

Agreed. It's sad that they do considering that new stuff is often not as well done despite having better tech. I'm re-watching the series now, and I don't find the graphics to be a detractor at all.

I recall people being down on the recurring plot of "cheetor fucks up" but I think that really went away about halfway into S1 at which point shit starts to get real.

I need to rewatch this series, it's been too long.

That's nothing new, every plot in Steven Universe was "Steven fucks up" and/or "Amethyst fucks up" for most of seasons 1 and 2.

whats this from

Maybe? I don't watch SU but Beast Wars has some cracking episodes even in the first season.

>Gorilla warfare
>Dark Designs
>A better mousetrap
>FUCKING POSESSION

Godfuck I love that show.

Completely necessary for this thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=E2t4MBhGAg8

A buddy of mine has it, I think his mom broke one of the chain guns it had.

yeeeessss

>I need to rewatch this series, it's been too long.

Available on DVD in a shiny boxset rebootrevival.com/?p=685

>shit starts to get real

Very real.

the whatty what now?

YES YES YES YES

I think my favorite part is how it evolved between seasons 1 and 2.

Early Season 1
>Okay, it's robots that turn into animals on what's probably Earth at the start...

Late Season 1, much of Season 2
>It's fucking Earth

End of Season 2
>THE ARK.

Season 3 kinda went off the rails especially towards the end, but the series still had a satisfying conclusion.

the darkest timeline

here I was about to bitch about the transformers comics being tumblr as fuck, but you just reminded me it gets worse

loved seeing these two bro out.

Damn, I was rewatching the show and I'd forgotten how...abrupt Terrorsaur's and Scorponok's deaths were.

What did he mean by this Sup Forums?

Terrorsaur deserved better. He was neat and did things, even beyond the "I should be leader" schtick. He was goon of the week a lot.

Scorponok was boring as fuck. The Al Gore of predacons

He did a fair amount of experimenting and whatnot, but the "mad scientist" slot did wind up suiting Tarantulus much better.

Also in the vein of characters who got old fast; Inferno. The colony/royalty/my queen stuff was funny at first, but even when I was younger I found myself wondering what he was even doing on the show anymore. Hell, even Quickstrike managed to fit into the cast better, and he was a walking wild west bandit stereotype.

You're right about Terrorsaur deserving better; would've been fun to see him bro it up with Quickstrike too.

Terrorsaur getting his hands on Rampages spark would have been an interesting episode

or Terrorsaur praising Starscream on the ark.

Terrorsaur getting dunked by all the added flyers, like cheetor, tigerhawk and silverbolt.

Yea, I saw so much wasted potential tossing away that character in favor of comic relief

>Someone's using my smug Megatron

Does anyone else wish they would have released a Beast Wars soundtrack?

If only to have that fun blend of 90s action rock interrupted by that one track that sounds suspiciously similar to the John Williams Superman theme they used in one episode.

That was a nice one. I would even consider contacting whomever I needed to get things going... but given the amount of time that's elapsed for the ReBoot soundtrack..... I have my doubts.

The episode where Dinobot dies is my nomination best single episode of any cartoon ever. I cry every time.

Then the fucking ruined it by bringing him back to life with 2edgy4me new design

To be fair there was actually an episode planned called "Dark Glass" where Rattrap -understandably pissed off at Megatron for creating a new "Dinobot", compiled a data track of Dinobot's personality and tried to forcibly upload it into the new Dinobot. The episode ended with him succeeding in the upload, but failing to actually affect Dinobot II in any way, and he wound up fleeing, defeated.

Said episode was scrapped in favor of "Transmutate".

Incidentally though, that does go a ways towards explaining why Dinobot II suddenly reverted to something almost resembling his old personality when Rampage died.

>Dark Glass

If anyone wants to read more about it: tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Glass

>Terrorsaur getting his hands on Rampages spark would have been an interesting episode

This would have been amazing. Someone should have gotten the spark from megatron. Tarantulas, black arachnia, hell even Rhinox. Imagine Rhinox is stuck in some canyon and has the spark and makes rampage help him out. Or anyone. Thats a good idea that could have been interesting. Megatron never does lose it or have anyone steal it and have a big ass slave at their command. I bet if terrorsaur was alive in season 2 or 3 this would have been a story.

>Said episode was scrapped in favor of "Transmutate".
That can't be right because that was a season 2 episode.

>Said episode was scrapped in favor of "Transmutate".

How could that be? That episode is like, right after dinobot dies and before the transmetal clone.

Plus Id always heard they wanted elements of transmutate in rattrap and dropped the concept and later revisited it in a single episode.

Ive heard a LOT of different things about Dark Glass and there doesnt seem to be much consensus on it. Either way, interesting idea. The show had a lot of concepts and ideas that didn't get made. We easily could have had a few more episodes each season, but.... budget. Imagine if season 2 and 3 were both 26 episodes.

It would've been so easy to fuck up Megatron, but they managed to nail his character and come up with a backstory that goes well in the Beast Wars cartoon universe if you squint.

Is Rampage one of the darkest characters to be put into a kids' show?

The bots themselves are fine. Everything else tends to look janky at times.

>ITT: Yes
Oh my, yes, YES!

Optimus Primal was a fool for not being fully ruthless enough to destroy the magnificent, resplendent Megatron

Inferno just turned into another Waspinator. I did like the gag at the ark entrance when he tried to attack it by himself though.

Always figured Rampage dying had something to do with that. You see his original body flash a couple times when it happens but that would have been better.

A reminder that this voice actor was Akane's father on Ranma 1/2
>A young boy that can turn into a girl. Ho ho ho, this may benefit me after all. Yes.

He was such a destructive force. He didn't give a shit about escaping with deepcharge ship he just wreck it because he could.

Am I the only one who wants to see him show up in IDW Transformers? It'd be nice to see him scheming against everyone and I think he'd make a perfect foil for repentant Autobot Megatron.

>tumblr as fuck

They're not though. It's just that their innate species nature prevents a lot of Tumblr shit: no genders as such, no races as such, no sexual preference as such (then again, there are probably Cybertronians who object to relationships between humanoids and beastformers like Ravage), just income inequality and discrimination based on your alt mode - and that's strictly individual.

Yes. Unremittingly yes.

>Be created as an experiment
>Be immortal
>Be insane
>Get banished
>Spend almost your entire life in stasis
>End up on alien planet
>Everybody hates you, is terrified of you or tries to use you
>Only person who does not is malformed and soon killed
>Have your soul sliced in two
>Finally be confronted with your mortal enemy in final battle

No wonder he was laughing when Depthcharge was about to kill him.

It funny how the roles seemed reverse in their final confrontation. Depthcharge was too haunted by what happened. He deserve better.

I've been wanting to see this Megatron again for years. Transformers is hard for me because I don't really like any of the other Megatrons, barring Animated (Prime was okay). 90's nostalgia is ripe for exploitation nowadays, and it's about time Beast Wars got some new attention.

OH YEEEEEEEEES!~~~

Well there is Beast Wars Uprising, but as fun as it is (and now thanks to this timeline's Megs, the Maximals and Predacons are going to get their beast forms now, see ), I'd love to see a new animated show, or even a movie...but with the latter's case, I'd bet Bay would turn it into another Bayformers movie.

It always bothered the hell out of me that we're supposed to believe characters like Scorponok and Terrorsaur just so happened to be named after animals they'd acquire as alt modes later on in their lives.

Yeah. This part always seemed strange to me.

At least if they had other names before they turned into their current personas, then I'd understand.

Also big pity they were killed off at the beginning of S2 of Beast Wars.

We could've gotten Transmetal Terrorsaur and Scorponok. But instead they got a lava bath.

At least later media gave them justice. Beast Wars Uprising actually gave them Transmetal bodies from the get-go.

>competent schemer
>gave the finger to Predicon high command and fucked off with his chronies to enact his own plan to take down the Maximals
>takes shit from NO ONE, not even the crazed neigh-immortal death machine that was Rampage
>Actively keeps taps on his Starscream (Tarantulas) throughout the show, knowing the little shit could turn on a dime
>Was willing to utterly destroy reality as he knew it just so he could win
>does this by BLOWING OFF THE HEAD OF OPTIMUS PRIME
>only looses due to betrayal, incompetence of his men or out of nowhere factors he couldn't possibbly see coming
>very nearly succeeded in driving the human race extinct before they became a threat to his ancestors
>manages to talk Ravage onto his side with just a pep talk and long lost vid from Daddy Megatron
>(all techo-organic hippie shit aside)returns to Cybertron and makes it his personal cult

Is there a more based villain in all of animation history?

I would argue that Megabyte, Mainframe's other CGI Mega- villain, is marginally superior.

I can agree with that, though it's a close tie for me. Also
>Tony Jay died to become God's narrator
>We will never have MB in his full glory again

Worst timeline, hands down

It is close. The one I favor at a given moment depends on my mood. They both owe a lot to their voice actors, too.

The comics literally tossed in the word "mansplaining".

To this fucking day yes

Funny enough, the VA for Megatron went on to voice Optimus Prime in the Animated show a few years back. How many people can say that?

>yes
>yse
>sye
>sey
>say
>asy
>ass
>asp

>>/asp/

Ironically, the cgi is what made it good.

youtube.com/watch?v=D7ew-PsAZw8

Characters are hard to animate. This limits the cast. So the writer's had to give the characters more depth.

I love this show.

I saw couple of episodes when I was a child, but never the complete seasons in order. I saw again a cuople of years ago and surprised me the excellent plot.

It´s a shame season four was cancelled by Bendis.

>Bendis

Source?

I think hes got him mixed up with a different comic guy

They have to be building toward it. One Megatron is leaning toward the light now, Galavatron is dead. , and you just have this wonderful little vacuum. Really all you have is Overlord and Sentinel Prime.

It needs some fresh blood yeeeeeeeeessssss

Didio was the one who wanted Beast Machines back to basics and barely acknowledge BW and G1.

I believe they cut Terrorsaur because he just plain wasn't popular enough, which happens in glorified toy commercials.

Conversely, Cheetor got shoved into the spotlight a LOT, because allegedly he was some hasbro exec's favorite.

>They're not though. It's just that their innate species nature prevents a lot of Tumblr shit: no genders as such, no races as such, no sexual preference as such

Look nobody here is stupid, we all know Transformers that look like Arcee are "girls" and Transformers that look like Optimus are "boys" despite being robots, and we all know that the only reason they make Transformers that are seemingly the same "sex" have romance in the first place is tumblrbait, there is no reason for it other than that

Transformers really don't need to have romance to begin with, but in the case of say....Tigatron and Airazor, or Silverbolt and Blackarachnia, everybody knew one was a girl and one was a guy, despite not actually having genitals

It's Yes they only did a rhinox figure then went bust or something, so there's no other character, 9" tall or so
It has no chain-guns its just rhinox himself, I can tell if you're not careful the ears on his back will break off easily but yes it was the best model of a BW character out there until that Sideshow Optimus Primal (which is like $1000) came out the other week

>Megatron
>Spinosaurus
kys