Tfw haven't seen the original blade runner

>tfw haven't seen the original blade runner

yes i'm a pleb, but does it hold up ? i watched terminator 1 and 2 all the time when growing up and even through nostalgia goggles i think the terminator has aged awfully in parts. don't want to think blade runner is shit just because it's dated, i'm going to watch it at some point before going to see 2047. i bought it from hmv like 10 years ago and never got round to watching it.

make me love it Sup Forums

Hi dude. How are you doing lately?

>make me love it Sup Forums
It's about a man who runs on top of knife blades in daring stunts where he could easily cut his feet. What more could you want from a movie?

assuming this isn't a troll post here's some genuine advice. watch the director's cut or the final cut. watch it. as in, have your eyes and attention directed towards the movie at all times. it's not a movie to be watched as you're doing something else. it's not background noise. you have to pay attention. closely. watch what's happening, pay attention to the environment, listen to what the characters are saying and think about it. think about what's going on in the movie. soak in the atmosphere and notice the mannerisms of the characters and all the subtleties. marvel at the world the movie shows. any of the above. you just have to pay attention STRICTLY to the movie and you will enjoy it. if you're not the kind of person who's attention can be held by a film then it's probably not the type of movie for you.

>does it hold up?
Yes

Yeah it holds up. But you've got to be in a certain mood for it. For me, it helps for obvious reasons when it's a foggy or raining heavily day.

yes to all of this. dark room. no distractions. allow yourself to be transported by music and visuals.

Holds up extremely well. Watch it like a classic film noir instead of a sci-fi flick. Don't bother with the theatrical edition. Think of the setting as an alternate universe instead of "the future". Enjoy the score.

Blade runner is more for adults, where as T1 and T2 even kids can watch.

I still don't get the "Decker is a synth" meme. I don't remember any dream about a horse or a unicorn or whatever.

it's only added in a special edition later on.

Not a meme but Ridley Scott's idea of a clever twist.

It is the least aged film of all time. You could release it today, and it would be critized for being avantgarde, but not for being dated.

>synth

>terminator has aged awfully in parts

no, it was in the directors cut. only addition to that in the final cut was the red eye flash from deckard

total dogshit flick

dont even bother. just go read the plot on wikipedia

Before Ex Machina came out this was the greatest film about artificial intelligence ever made.
Yes, artificial intelligence. The replicants basically bio-engineered androids and the whole movie is chiefly concerned with the question: What does it take for an artificial being to become human?

It was in the 1982 original workprint version, but Execs thought the movie was too confusing so they cut a bunch of ambiguos stuff and added narration and a happy ending.

Directors Cut (which was made with no actual involvement from the Director) was an attempt at restoring the original vision from notes and old footage. The Final Cut was Ridley Scott's actual directors cut, which had acsess to even more missing footage and improved visual effects.

You can call the Deckard = Replicant twist stupid if you want, but it was in the movie from the very beginning. There's a bunch of hints throughout the movie, but the unicorn dream and oragami petty much confirms it.

The stop motion was never the greatest

>the greatest
no but it's still good and is it's own form of art. people look at it like it's just bad CGI but stop motion has it's own artistic merit

The rubber head part is very cheesy by modern standards as well. Still love the film.

then why didn't the turtle question fuck him up?

Watch it at night and with a good pair of headphones on.
You need to soak in the atmosphere of the movie in order for it to work.