/who/ - Doctor Who General

Davros Tennant edition.

PREVIOUSLY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8KaUxTHFT5M
twitter.com/twilightstreets/status/910874648413376513
youtube.com/watch?v=M6F_RBgzq0Q
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicallyMissingThePoint
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_Zero_(TV_series)
rarbg.unblocked.bid/torrent/iga6pxz
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1u75hh/i_am_the_guy_with_two_penises_ama/
radiotimes.com/news/2017-09-27/a-new-doctor-who-puzzle-game-is-coming-to-pc-and-mobiles/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=oCeCpxykfVA
youtube.com/watch?v=v3pXNTCeevo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Apologise.

>The police have repeatedly visited the student and demanded that he submit his fingerprints and DNA to them so that they can compare the fictional murder he described in his story to evidence from any similar unsolved murders.

K E K

All jokes aside, I literally have no idea what he 'meant by this'. Can someone give me a quick rundown?

Not before you apologize for your cartoon, Gary.
youtu.be/8KaUxTHFT5M

Which is a bit absurd, to me. Especially considering that he was acquitted.

Have there been similarly huge critic/audience divides in reception for Doctor Who?

I'd rather have a beer with Briggs over Russell desu. Russell may have been a better BF showrunner, but he's just worse than Briggs at everything else.

twitter.com/twilightstreets/status/910874648413376513
>Gary: I sleep on my couch, do you?
>Briggs: I sleep in a Dalek-shaped bed with my wife

this scene is fucking kino

youtube.com/watch?v=M6F_RBgzq0Q

I see a lot of discrepancies in opinion for all of Moffat's era but I don't think they fall neatly into critics vs audiences, it seems nearly just as divided there.

Briggs does seem like a splendid bloke. I don't really have a handle on Gary's personality, although I follow him on Twitter. He doesn't retweet loads of political stuff like Briggs though, if that's anything.

:(

:)

>watching STD with Asian friends
>they don't understand why Michelle Yeoh, an actress known for action movies, is playing a captain

Why is Capaldi so fucking good?

I can believe that he has a Dalek couch.

Out today, lads. Anyone gonna give it a listen?

I can't express how pleased I am everyone is sticking to calling it 'STD'.

Cause he directed a Kafkaesque movie about Kafka

Yes.

Out of all the companions whose perspective on the Time War could be shared, why Nyssa's?

As a survivor of the own destruction of her planet, and one of the few companions to meet the Time Lords, she actually has a unique perspective on the War.

>Anything else he's got two of?

Could she not see both his nostrils, eyes or arms?

...Lym, I think you missed the joke.

It's nice to get a new 8 story, even if it is just a Short Trip. I love 8's audio era so much, it feels more vivid in my mind than a lot of the televised eras.

I'm more excited for the other forthcoming 8 short trip, although I'm nervous because I have high expectations for it and I doubt it will meet them.

I hope one day I'll be as into 8's audios as I used to be. I didn't like DC. The Time War series doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. The inevitable DC follow up will probably be another standard affair. I want an 8/Charley reunion series/set at some point but who knows if that will happen or even if they'd make it a good story. I want 50/50 but that's gone now.

I just hope BF push him to somewhere new eventually. I don't think his stories or their format have meaningfully iterated since Dark Eyes.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicallyMissingThePoint

You sound so melancholy about BF it's honestly depressing

Only about their Doctor Who stuff! I am regularly a broken record on emphasising how good the River Song range is. Torchwood is also a strong range. Their Classics range has some great stuff. Great things are happening Big Finish, just not in the Doctor Who range where the same writers keep writing the same stories. I wonder if there's any correlation there...-_-

Disney buys Doctor Who. What would be the best-case scenario and worst-case scenario?

I recoiled at that. I can't imagine a best-case scenario. Worst-case scenario is the only case scenario, Disney disnefies Doctor Who, robbing it of its greatest strength, its ability to genuinely change.

best case scenario
>disney sells doctor who

worst case scenario
>star wars crossover

Alternate best case
>The Queen orders that the show be forcefully reacquired for the british empire.

Best-case scenario: nothing changes and it's just a management thing, and no creative control is taken.

Worst-case scenario: pic related.

If you could have the Torchwood audios feature a crossover appearance from one of the Big Finish Doctors, who would you choose?

4, it would be unexpected and unconvential to do

>that second doctor
>that sixth doctor
>that eighth doctor

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_Zero_(TV_series)
>he stole the title from The Eleventh Hour
>he actually got DW writers like Richards, Handcock and even Lidster for that
Nobody seems to even care about this, all I can find on Sup Forums is a few complaints about how it looks.
Here's a torrent, if anyone cares.
rarbg.unblocked.bid/torrent/iga6pxz

>Disney hires a showrunner who's easy to control
>a Tennant-like actor is brought in to play the Doctor. Because of Disney contracts, he'll stay in the role for decades
>Guys who made the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are hired to work on a projected Doctor Who film

The only thing I like about this is that WarDoc looks like 8's MiniMe

Somebody put it on the stream. Maybe someone can write an article for it on the wiki.

who da bitch in da midle

Wouldn't the War Doctor just be the villain from the Black Cauldron?

Do you think his later sort of... personality change (if you could call it that) might've contributed to how you feel, or is it just the stories themselves that you don't feel quite as positive about? From a lot of secondhand descriptions, it seems that his stuff is more dark/edgy (for lack of any better words) now, particularly where his characterisation is concerned. From what I know, the change was handled well and makes sense, but do you think maybe you miss the early Eight? (Not that I wish to assume or put words in your mouth here.)

That aside, though, I really hope his Time War stuff is good. There's a few stories in the first set that I'm really excited for.

Best case scenario: Disney doesn't get involved much beyond funding, so production quality goes up whilst maintaining what we know and love. More merchandise, of better quality.

Worst case scenario: Disney sticks its fingers in everything and thoroughly destroys it.

>that tagline
oh no. also, why is eight so tall? he's one of the shortest doctors

Kill The Moon.

Critics loved it.

>Six has black pants
>Nine has blue jeans
>Four is drawn that short despite being the tallest Doctor
>Seven isn't a manlet
>Two is WAYYY overexaggerated and doesn't fit the art style
>Eight's hair is completely wrong
>The OC is just Clara and Amy combined

Wasn't able to get scissoring done due to Tom Baker's giant coat so improvised.

kek. amazing, user

>Best Four costume

lowkey want

WHEN THE CYBERMEN ARE ATTACKING

>Himself, literally!

No but really, AU where Time Lords are all like the two dicked reddit ama guy reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1u75hh/i_am_the_guy_with_two_penises_ama/ yes

was pete GOAT?

Engines of War did it better.

You're not putting words in my mouth at all, you're kind of halfway to my thoughts.
I'll skirt around spoilers here - the first times the audios veered into making 8 "dark" I thought they pulled it off very well, it worked very well, and the dark stories that followed worked well. The dark eras are some of my favourites. But right now it just feels static to me. I actually think his stories are less dark than they used to be (even his random Time War ones we've gotten) than two other audio eras he's been through, but they feel more grimdark because the tone of the stories is that, even if his characterisation doesn't really have as much of a reason to be so gloomy.
Basically it's like you said, "just the stories themselves that you don't feel quite as positive about". I don't feel like McGann is being deployed as well as he used to be, and the writers aren't doing themselves any favours by not pushing themselves either. 8 used to be the Doctor they pushed their new ideas and formats through, now he's literally the opposite (getting John Hurt's dregs, getting squashed with a Sontaran for a "Classic Doctors New Monsters" set when neither of them fill the criteria, etc.).
I loved early 8 but I don't really miss him, I'm just sick of having the same 8 for so long and I wish he'd get pushed somewhere new.
You have all the best stuff ahead of you, and there's so much of it, so enjoy it while it lasts
But seriously you are your own person with your own opinions and might have an entirely different take on it all than me!

radiotimes.com/news/2017-09-27/a-new-doctor-who-puzzle-game-is-coming-to-pc-and-mobiles/amp/
>new game
>literally just the old one but with twelve as the main doctor

I genuinely think that Kris Marshall could be great. He's great actor. JUST posting is just a funny meme, right?

Im alright with jodie but i was sorta keen on kris desu

Big Finish presents 'The Adventures of Pete'

Coming soon.

Why are 3/5/7/8 portrayed so favourably but 2/4/6/9 look absolutely fucked

I've seen similar statements about the... stagnation, I suppose, of his character, which is sad to hear, really (even though I'm sure I'll enjoy it all the same.) Hopefully future stories will pull him out of that a bit. I like how Eight is the Doctor with whom many writers opted to introduce highly experimental ideas - both in terms of the audios, and the novels - because it makes his era feel truly unique. Not disconnected from prior Doctors (or, indeed, future ones) but with his own world, of sorts. It's comfy, so it's disappointing if Big Finish aren't utilising him in that way anymore. Not every story has to be entirely innovative or experimental, as long as it's done well, but an absence of those sorts of stories entirely would be a damn shame.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, though. Always a pleasure to read.

youtube.com/watch?v=oCeCpxykfVA
she's fucking dead

is there a kill count for the doctor anywhere?

Where did you find this image?

>tvtropes
>reddit

If Gary could make this, what's stopping him from making a cartoon based on the Krotons, the Vervoids, or whatever D-list Doctor Who monster whose creator's estate would give away for a couple quid? Or to tickle Briggs' fancy, a Drashigs cartoon?

Same. Was absolutely devastated.

Yes, sue me, but a guy with diphallia is super interesting and rare and that's just where he chose to post about it. Don't be an elitist.

Got it off google the other day when I was grabbing some paul pics for phoneposting. I think it popped up under just a regular "eighth doctor" search.

holy fuck this chicks videos are hilarious

I wish that was a thing guys besides BBV and Reeltime did. If a bunch of direct-to-video horror directors bought the license for the Primords or the Macra for ten dollars to use in their shitty movie.

>It's time for a /who/ Activity™!

Give this horrifically-drawn Six a better outfit colour scheme.

McGann's got a lot of life left in him, I think he'll outlast this stage of BF just like he has previous ones. Even if he didn't, he's had an incredible run.

Always a pleasure to read yours!

Snowmen when?

>a Drashigs cartoon?
Curiosity piqued.

How many Redditors does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Which classic Doctor Who monsters did the BBC actually own the rights to?

the fuck is this from?

JNT

i dont think ill ever stop watching the show unless the music gets bad

I'm sad the NuWho monster contracts are different so the BBC owns the rights to them this time around, because that means no eccentric rich filmmaker can create their own series of Slitheen movies.

Here's one I made earlier.

Indeed, and in the meanwhile I suppose we can always just enjoy his more recent stories as what they are, rather than what they otherwise could be.

Also, I know you don't plan to do so for a while yet, but I really am excited for you to start reading the EDAs, because I feel it'll have the sort of... spark, that's been missing in the recent audios for you. But perhaps by the time you get round to reading the books, there might be newer box sets announced or released that recapture what's missing.

Is that Prince

RuPaul would make a decent American Doctor.

Reminder that book club today.

>RuPaul

that show makes me want to unironically end my existence

>book
Can you give a quick rundown on this guy?

which story are we reading?

/who/, what old Doctor Who monster would you use to make your own BBVesque line of DTV movies? And what would the story of those films be?

PICKLE RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
AND DRUMPF DID NOT RECEIVE AN INVITE

youtube.com/watch?v=v3pXNTCeevo

Remember how literally nobody responded to the last one?

reminder the doctor hates you if you have a tattoo

He's just salty about Clara

A Jack and the Beanstalk esque tale where a young boy buys magic beans from a man. However, they grow into Vervoids.
I also had this idea for a Sea Devil return but it could be its own thing; a horror flick in which people in a small coastal town are slowly being picked off one by a Sea Devil.

I was just gonna start a big binge on 1 stuff soon and I didn't know if I wanted to cross the streams so to speak, but then again you're crossing 8's books and audios just fine.

>because I feel it'll have the sort of... spark, that's been missing in the recent audios for you
Oh I'm quite sure you're right, your reactions alone fill me with a lot of enthusiasm, and it sounds like there's a lot of weirdness in them that I'd love.

God that was fun

I might try and do an audio version of those, the 3rd part of that 3parter doesn't do any of the audio spoilers people were worried about. I have a cool idea about how to do part of them in audio too.

did clara have a tattoo?

she was killed by one

Yeah, a Queen of Spades tattoo

fuck

fucking her while she has the tattoo sounds pretty hot ngl

please refrain from posting any more sexist dreck

Hazy on Series 9 - why is the tattoo unique to the experience?