Über(Uber) Invasion #1 storytime

Oh boy, here we go again.

youtube.com/watch?v=bsgEPtrpfps

GOD. FUCK. YES.

>it's a "nazi germany won" alternate history
yawn

That's a funny way to say Soviet Russia

SUPER PATTON WHEN!

They won't win the war. They'll just turn half the planet into cinders in the process of losing.

I foresee he'll take Europe back while Germany razes America. It'll basically be a base race.

OH SHIT. thanks OP!

Does Spain appear in this at all? I forget.

Soo Africa and Latinoamerica become superpowera because the other countries are torn apart ?

Finally!

Wait, cooldowns are back to a minute even for image replies on Sup Forums? Man, Hiroshimoot is really not doing good at all.

>I haven't read the comic
>Not even the first issue

Spain never participated in the war, Franco had a lot of problem in his own country to be dealing with germany, but there are some Spaniards that decided to join the allies and the axis anyway.

Nah, don't think so.

FINALLY! Thought this already went Warren Ellis style

PATTON MOTHERFUCKER! NO SURRENDER!

GUYS GUYS
WHAT IF

UBER, BUT IT TAKES PLACE IN VIETNAM!

Yeah, though he made offers to join, but his requirements for doing so involved re-conquering some of the Old Spanish Empire which the Axis, already stretched thin on multiple fronts, turned down.

The Spanish still provided materials and ports to use throughout the war though.

But spaniards arent white...

They're about as white as italians are, which is obviously enough

And anyone outside of Sup Forums will think you're a dumbass or a neo nazi if you tell them spaniards aren't really white

Cmoooooooon Patton.

i can't remember the specifics of how Uber ended outside of the standard Germans going to burn it all, hope lies in the US,

the us was about to get raped

only patton and a couple battleship nogs could save usa

This country is winning super lost wars and basically, (You) are fucking stupid. Find out how. Next month.

You need to keep in mind that Gillen is actually about as SJW as you can get.
That's why 90% of the protagonists of this series are of color, gay or women.

for a sjw, he sure made it easy to sympathize with the nazis by fleshing out their characters more and making the allies unlikable

Yeah, it's not like women are half the population or anything. If it makes you feel better, almost all the german ubers are white males.

>>It's ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no activated son.

>the US essentially has 3 battleships to match what Nazi Germany still has left, more experienced but progressively crippled battleships
>won't elevate two of them beyond heavy cruiser status because 'muh niggers'

I almost forgot about that stupid shit, the east coast got fucked in the ass much harder because of that.

What the fuck was the cause of the delay? This was originally supposed to be out in april.

>Yeah, it's not like women are half the population or anything

You can easily counter that by saying "yeah but its the 1940s" but Uber presents the most desperate WW2 situation I've ever seen so it comes at no surprise.

They had to kickstart it for some reason.

Sorry I haven't read Uber in a while, when did they start getting telekinetic powers?

This is the one they kickstarted? Did they ever explain what they needed the money for?

they don't. that's just one of the battleships twisting matter into a new shape with his halo effect

Yeah Avatar must be in a pretty bad state to resort to kickstarter.

I didn't mean that offensively. More as an observation. Gillen tries to be as representative as possible usually.
See his Darth Vader book that was 50% about an asian chick.

In what way did he make the allies unlikable?

Oooh, new upcoming Battleship? Or is that just Sieglinde with her braid torn off and her hair undyed?

Paying Alan Moore isn't cheap.

Neither were the Japanese

Hitler wasnt going to throw away allies because they didnt fit the Aryan ideal.

Oh fuck I had no idea this started again. Dope dick

Making and distributing the book, I'd wager.
Artist probably likes to get payed, even if I imagine Gillen is making a decent living as is.

This is Sup Forumsmblr. If you're not a literal nazi or a radical feminist, either side will assume you are so they can insult you

Even worse that she has her own book even after getting airlock'd.

I can't imagine anyone who mainly works with comics is precisely raking in the dough

I feel like Gillen will trip in this book. I am hesitant to believe he actually understands the american pathos and ethos. I suspect he doesn't understand what kind of people we are 'under the hood' so to speak. I think it will be missed how we are each indoctrinated since birth that we are the greatest individuals of the greatest country ever. I think it will be glossed over that a razing of any city would be responded to with unilateral action and unanimous consensus to drive invaders from our shores.

Really hope they start putting in more regular sex and nudity into the series.

Oh, I hasn't realized it was today

fuck I hate the art in uber

This is what gets to me about this series.
EVERYTHING the Germans do ends up wildly successful, and allies fuck everything up every single time.

its been a while since i read it but this is what i remember right now:

the first allied battleship-class was too cocky and believed that even without proper activation, he could win against the germans for no real reasons other than them being the "good guys"

the girl that becomes a lummox monster was purely an exercise of excess from the allies

the racism involved in withholding the full activation on the nog assets

Wouldn't make for a terribly interesting series if the allies just won again anyway THE END.
Looking forward to what the twist will be. Either it'll be absolutely great or make everyone feel like an idiot for having stuck with this series.

it's a book about the material economics of war. that shit doesn't come into it.

I mean, it's pretty accurate to the spirit of WWII.

>when did they start getting telekinetic powers?

They don't have telekinesis, but they can rearrange matter. The german battleship chick used it to color her hair more blonde, to build a tower, and another chick can do plastic surgery with it. The Soviet one can make food paste and all sorts of energy towers and shit.

Although it is kind of ridiculous for them to go full Independence Day on the white house. I can only imagine that they used a slow cargo plane to fly over and use their powers en masse.

>the first allied battleship-class was too cocky and believed that even without proper activation, he could win against the germans for no real reasons other than them being the "good guys"
What? He was sent to fight sieglinde before being fully activated by the british because they wanted to show off their battleship. That's literally all that happened. He didn't "think he could win because he was one of the good guys". Would you have preferred for him to tremble at fear at Sieglinde, piss his pants and go crying back to London?
>the girl that becomes a lummox monster was purely an exercise of excess from the allies
How so?
>the racism involved in withholding the full activation on the nog assets
Yeah and the other side is the LITERAL AXIS POWERS, led by NAZI GERMANY

Honestly its kinda annoying how the nazis sorta win not by awesome tactics but by pulling shit out of their ass constantly.

Okay in any case

Does it seem like the heavy tank men have been a completely waste of research? Especially since the nazis already moved to massed blitzmen.

>Looking forward to what the twist will be

A LEE INS

Dunkirk is an example of a pure physical tankmen being completely awesome. The Churchchill just needs that last dose to make her super speedy and she'd wreck house.

That was true for like, the first year or so. Then soldiers started freezing their ass off in Russia and they had to face the facts that they couldn't do shit to Britain but sink a few ships here and there.

>Faceless Blitzman used for Propaganda
nice

Yeah, the allies really have just bombarded Paris with artillery before deploying their Ubers.

But remember this is a comic, rule of cool comes first.

>british because they wanted to show off their battleship.

yeah i found this annoying. they overestimated their capabilities and underestimated the germans because their belief in moral superiority (at least i got the vibe)

>How so?

they kept giving her activation even after it became apparent it was becoming more of a handicap and the whole thing became morbid

>Yeah and the other side is the LITERAL AXIS POWERS, led by NAZI GERMANY

who are supposed to be the bad guys, yet sieglinde's char shows more heart than any allied or russian char

>EVERYTHING the Germans do ends up wildly successful, and allies fuck everything up every single time.

Contrary to revisionist history, the Germans did a fuckload of wildly successful things in WW2. They only made a couple of really really big mistakes, most of which were caused by sheer arrogance (not realizing the Enigma was broken, trying to duke it out with England via air when they had the Radar, putting their dicks in the beehive that was the Soviet Union, etc).

They just run out of resources by the end due to the soviets steamrolling them. But efficiency wise, the germans were waaaay ahead of everone else involved.

Dunkirk was a 5/1 split.

Ah, the recap page.

UBER COLD WAR

>We wont see massive hordes of Red Chinese tankmen swarming the 38th parallel around surrounded American tankmen
>Arab League launches a surprise attack with newly acquired tankmen, only to be completely counteracted by the new Golem Class Uber and thoroughly wrecked
>American Uber Marines commit mass atrocities across the jungles of Vietnam
>Fidel Castro arrives and with a single uber, overthrows Batista
>America provides limited uber doses to the Mujahadin in order to fight the Soviets, this will return to bite us in the ass down the line...

No, it doesn't.
They overextend their line when moving towards Kursk.
They try to do 1 v 1 Battleship instead of 2 v 1 ganksquad, injuring SiegLinde.
They still haven't tried to teach Linde how to do Halo surgery, so she can fix herself.
They fucked up with Geltzchmen, to the point where they left Patton alive, which is going to bite them even more.

There is also a extreme amount of fuck ups in regards to how they exported to Japan.
But you don't see that, because you don't pay attention.

it's a pretty common theme to show both sides have people on them who can be good or evil despite the larger setting of a war.

>But efficiency wise, the germans were waaaay ahead of everone else involved.

isn't that one of the things that gave gillen the idea for this? the scary idea of them getting something superpowerful and using it efficiently

>Does it seem like the heavy tank men have been a completely waste of research? Especially since the nazis already moved to massed blitzmen.
You can't win close-range engagements with Blitzmenschen. Regular tankmen overwhelm them easily.
So you would try to defend them also with tankmen. But now the Heavy Tankmen come in. They can just tear through those as well.
So now you ALSO need Heavy Tankmen to defend your Blitzmenschen.

They have their place.

yeah, the reason they knew not to fuck up Dunkirk was because they fucked up Churchill. then Dunkirk just got his shit pushed in anyway. but now they know how to churn out 5:1 destroyers like mad.

Seems unlikely given how hideously disfigured she was after her failure to take Ukraine.

Sieglinde has just been there for a long time, so a bit of development was inevitable. I don't see what strikes you as so interesting about her. The most noteworthy things Siegfred has done are throwing molten lead at a random jew when he was a kid and then mowing down a labor camp with his laser eyes while Hitler laughs on his side. He isn't just mustacho twirling, he has a fucking motorized mustacho spinning at 2000 rpm

The other two german ubers are literal whos

Now with Siegmund you have a point, but that's the guy who hates the Nazi regime and literally killed Hitler.

That's my point though. WWII had the Nazis with better weapons, tech, and military leadership, but certain logistical realities that just couldn't be overcome by them. Those things you mentioned gave the allies time to get their shit together and win.

Even the comic admits the Germans can't win in this world. The best they can do is create enough damage that they can sue for peace on their terms.

Fund it, fuck it, at least these stories can be self contained in one or two books.

Didn't the book start pretty much with the germans on their last lines, or am I misplacing the time period this is set in?

not to mention Super-Ukrainian vaporizing dozens of nazi tank men at a time and shutting down the entire eastern front.

Seeing as how the germans can just park their blitz and shoot from afar, any allied tankmen would be pulverized from lack of halo snipers.

You couldnt even swarm a blitz with normal tankmen because they'd pick them off easily from afar and a heavy wont offer much resistance.

A token group of normal tankmen or heavies could deal with any stragglers.

While I agree the Germans dont have as much initiative, they really dont need to go on the offensive. They simply want to end the war.

>There is also a extreme amount of fuck ups in regards to how they exported to Japan.

They gave the catalyst to Japan to keep American resources tied up in the Pacific, so they don't put more pressure on the European front.