Art thread

Favorite frames/panels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xQ5C4sGh-SU
cinemablend.com/new/Deleted-Batman-V-Superman-Scene-Shows-Darkseid-Hint-Lex-Luthor-Arrest-Watch-It-Now-121057.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 horrible capeshit that only autists find appealing

It's gorgeous...but Superman's shadow really bugs me.

good thing no one is posting marvel then

Snyder should've just been a cinematographer. Like holy shit, that's beautiful.

It's representing how people see him.

man that is ugly as shit, I have no idea whats happening, its just random laser effects with no discernible sources.

if you dont fall for the memes, BvS is a good story. And he didn't even write it, Terrio and Goyer did.

kek
(sarcasm is a dish served cold)

BvS has too many plot holes and plot induced idiotices tho.

I know that you have to turn off your brain to enjoy a Snyder movie, but it is just too much for us.

there isnt any plotholes in it man

I really wish Hal stayed like this for more than three pages.

But that's a Catch-22 because the story's brevity is one of its strengths. I'll just take an art book.

I hope it comes back though in some form, my favorite thing about superheroes is how ideas/images repeat themselves given enough time.

I must desagree.

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?

>>Why Superman let the criminals that were throwing rockets at Batman go away?

>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?

>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?

>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?

>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?

>>Why kill off Clark Kent, the human aspect of Superman?

>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.

>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?

>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA. Why Nigga cant even choose how to dress like?

>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!” or "I NEED YOUR HELP!"

>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?

>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?

>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.

>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?

>>Why this movie sells less DVDs than Deadpool?

Pretty much everything in Superman Annual was great, but this panel sticks out for me

amazing

nice

>casualties
>74
LOL. Gets me every time.

you've posted these in a thread before and I've seen people argue against all these points. Also none of these are plotholes just things you didnt like. But okay, I'll indulge you again.

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?

It is made very very clear that Batman doesnt think Superman has human parents. He thinks Superman is an uncaring alien with no human ties. He even says "I bet your parents taught you were special" in reference to that. Even Superman knows this which is why he tells Batman to save Martha instead of his mom, because he knows Batman thinks his mom is just another alien, while Martha is a human name of a human that he has no reason not to save. And you say this is what usually happens when Batman meets Superman, but it isn't. Find three comic examples of it happening.
>>Why Superman let the criminals that were throwing rockets at Batman go away?

Because they weren't criminals, they were guards who were legally protecting their goods and Superman likes to give everyone the benefit of the doubt (he even believed Zod could turn it around).

>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?
Because it wasn't easily connected to him until after they arrested him for releasing Doomsday, where they could compare materials from the bomb to things in his lab and find other information they otherwise wouldn't have had access to. Thats why they couldnt arrest him earlier.

1/??????

Couldn't it at least fall on the steps believably? the rest of it is so nice it's really noticeable.

>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?
He was probably a little insane, but he thought he might be able to control Doomsday (hence the blood of my blood line) and if he couldn't he could kill him with Kryptonite. He was ultimately undone by his hubris, which is a common theme for Lex. In Byrne's MoS he creates Bizarro without having anyway of controlling him. The original creator of Doomsday on Krypton kept amping up Doomsday's strength until he himself had no way of controlling him. Dr. Frankenstein made his monster without having anyway of controlling him. Its a common trop of mad science hubris.

>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?
Another common trope in Superman comics/media is having a ghost version of pa kent talk to Superman about things Superman either remembers from his past or he imagines what Pa Kent would say to him.

here is a good example: youtube.com/watch?v=xQ5C4sGh-SU
>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?
He had plenty of characterization, when I saw it kids in the theater cried when he died.

>>Why kill off Clark Kent, the human aspect of Superman?
Clark Kent isnt the human side of Superman, if you think Superman isnt constantly both his alien and human side then you don't know anything about Superman.

>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.
He bounced off Perry, Lois, Batman, ghost Pa Kent, Ma Kent and Lex. This is not fundamental for characterization however, and to say there is only one way to do characterization right is limiting.
>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?
All of BvS is about how Superman has the ultimate agency and him agonizing over whether he is truly doing good with said agency.

2/?????

>It is made very very clear that Batman doesnt think Superman has human parents.

Lex still discovered it no? Why do you think he discovered it? Both had the same objective: Kill Superman. Batman makes NO attempt to uncover or discover anything other from Supes personal life, which is stupid, because this is BASIC procedure that police and governament do, the world greatest detective should have done this basic research. VBut otherwise, the plot wouldnt work, right?

unny because this is actually many times considered one of LEX LUTHOR main traits, because on comics and cartoons. There is even a comic adressing this Bruce actually reaserach his shit tho, and this movies NEEDS this typical OOC behavior to function. Funny thing also that on this movie it is LEX LUTHOR who finds his identity, so by YOUR ARGUMENT this means that Lex Luthor see Superman as MORE HUMAN than Batman. Funny thing is also that both rich stupid characters were trying to do THE SAME thing, and only Lex had sucess because he actually DID reasearch. If Lex did his reasearch, why wouldnt Batman?

I am not even taking in consideration that researching things like this is BASIC procedure done by the governament, army and police force. The fact that Super went on his way to destroy satellities should tell something. Hell, the fact that Supes goes everywhere with Lois Lane should raise red flags, besides the point that the suppused OBSSESSIVE Batman couldnt tell or raise suspision after talking to Clark face to face.

This is what we call "plot induced stupiditty".

Oh look it's the same "poor-english" copypasta again.

How you doin' little inattentive mouse?

>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA. Why Nigga cant even choose how to dress like?

I can't believe this triggers you, but if anything it re-enforces the point of making your own choices. Zod tried to excuse his unwillingness to compromise with "muh DNA"but showing that Superman, like everyone, is influenced by his DNA but still is able to make the choice to be a hero shows how tragic/despicable Zod is.

>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!” or "I NEED YOUR HELP!"
Like I said before, Batman thinks he has alien parents. He wouldn't care that his parents were captured if they were aliens. Only when he realizes that Superman is more or less an adoptive human, with human loved ones, does he realize he has been blinded by rage all this time.
>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?
Because Superman is the only other meta human who wears a big symbol on his chest like WW. He didn't know that Superman hasn't talked to WW.
>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?
Yes, because it highlights what Batman's worst fears are of Superman. I went with normie friends who never read comics and they understood it perfectly.
>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.
Stop sourcing Robert Mackee. There are lots and lots and lots of movies that use dream sequences and flashbacks well. Inception, Last Temptation of Christ, Raising Arizona, etc. Stop thinking so small.

>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?

It enhanced the story, Batman replies to WW "where have you been?" showing that he groups all the meta humans together and seeing them out there and not being out there saving people adds to his paranoia and feelings of abandonment.

>>Why this movie sells less DVDs than Deadpool?
Oh I see you've changed this from the last time you copy + pastad this. Well the same reason Civil War sold less DVDs than Deadpool.

This an art thread
If you wanna ague kino than go make a thread for it you nerds

>Superman likes to give everyone the benefit of the doubt
You're right, I remember the scene where Superman wrecks the Batmobile and tells Batman "Hey man, I'm sure you think you're doing the right thing, but you gotta stop killin' folks."

No, wait, he actively threatened him and told him to never do that shit again.

>Because they weren't criminals, they were guards who were legally protecting their goods

Throwing rockets on the streets is now legal, because you are a "guard"? And are you saying that Superman let Batman, someone that according to you, thought was killing INOCENT people get off free? So Superman just lets murderers get away?

Lets be smart here. Supes knows that Batman goes after criminals, the entire point of him letting he have a chance and just stop right there, was because he recognized the good that he had done. Are you saying that Superman, at that time, was thinking that Batman was randomly attacking Lex Corp for no reason? Also, are you saying that throwing rockets on the fucking city doesnt raise red flags and make any sane person try to look into it? Get any information? Talk with the fucking people?

>Because it wasn't easily connected to him

False. Stop lying, Snyderfag. I know that you are a payed shill, but it is patethic now.

TV says at the end "Lex Luthor found to be the responsable for the bomb, due to the material used and coincidences related to the event".

Its not like there wasnt any other obvious clues: Probably like the fucking guy with the wheelchair being conected to him - Lexcorp technology and all, being a gift from Lex, or the fact that he left the area on the right time, or the fact that the governament and the army knew his involviment with trying to push weapons to kill Superman.

>until after they arrested him for releasing Doomsday, where they could compare materials from the bomb to things in his lab

This is your headcanon.

Nothing says that it was BECAUSE Doomsday. This is you trying to make things up that were never adressed on the flick.

>There are lots and lots and lots of movies that use dream sequences and flashbacks well
And BvS was not one of them.

this is copy pasta too, its really sad that you saved all this hate for no reason.

And its because Luthor actually views Superman as just being overhyped, like he always does in the comics, and in this telling it manifested as him wanting to squeeze at every possible weakness Superman had. Lex didn't just want to kill Superman, he wanted to destroy him in the eyes of the public. while Batman believes all the hype of superman, that he indeed was an alien mega god that had to be killed. No reason to think he had a human family.

Really simple as that, they had two different views on Superman.

Yeah because he thinks Batman has become a crazed judge, jury and executioner. Him giving him a warning and letting him go, instead of arresting him, is him giving Batman the benefit of the doubt because of the good he has done before. It was a still a mistake, and he should have talked to him, but his only other experience fighting people was with Zod who was completely uncompromising. He thought that maybe Batman would stand down.

But he does learn from this, and next time he engages Batman his first action is to try and talk to him.

>He was probably a little insane

You know that this is just a poorly done execuse, that is no better than say "he decided to act randonly, and in the next movie he will be sane again!"

>but he thought he might be able to control Doomsday (hence the blood of my blood line)

So in the end, without knowing the result of the fight with Btaman and Supes - correct me if I am wrong on this reagrd - he went there to make a random monster going against any rational thought? Do you know that you are basically defending a character acting randomly stupid, so the plot can happen? Alsom your patethic attempts to link it to times where the trope was actually done in a better way are stupid, comparing Frankstein monster with Doomsday scene is ridiculous, you are just ignoring the entire charcater of the monster and Doomsday, and all the context that they were subjugated to - pro tip - Doomsday on BvS had basically no characteriation or tie with its creator, unlike every character that you mentioned.

>Another common trope in Superman comics/media is having a ghost version of pa kent talk to Superman about things Superman either remembers from his past or he imagines what Pa Kent would say to him.

Pa Kent info dumping a conversation that the aparently never had with Clark? No, it isnt. You also seems to be confusing someone remembering something of the past, like a flashback, as literally seeing them walking around the artic. Here it is NOT presented as a memory, he is literaly talking with his ghost dad, this plus the fact that this Superman has serious mental problems and can go full dictator at the drop of a hat, is a major redflag.

Disney pays him to post the copypasta and promote baby groot.

>TV says at the end "Lex Luthor found to be the responsable for the bomb, due to the material used and coincidences related to the event".

Yeah, and they only got that evidence AFTER they arrested him for the Doomsday thing. But there was no way to prove that the wheel chair was a gift from Lex before then, the only person knew this was the guy who blew up and Mercy who also blew up.

>Nothing says that it was BECAUSE Doomsday.
I didn't say it was because of Doomsday, but the very fact that they didnt arrest him earlier meant they didnt have enough proof to do so.
>Throwing rockets on the streets is now legal, because you are a "guard"? And are you saying that Superman let Batman, someone that according to you, thought was killing INOCENT people get off free? So Superman just lets murderers get away?

>Lets be smart here. Supes knows that Batman goes after criminals, the entire point of him letting he have a chance and just stop right there, was because he recognized the good that he had done. Are you saying that Superman, at that time, was thinking that Batman was randomly attacking Lex Corp for no reason? Also, are you saying that throwing rockets on the fucking city doesnt raise red flags and make any sane person try to look into it? Get any information? Talk with the fucking people?

There aren't limits to self defense as far as I know, and as far as Superman was concerned that was something for the cops to figure out. He isn't the law, he just stopped the chaos from continuing. He let Batman go because he knows that Batman has done good before (as shown when he is interviewing the citizens of Gotham) and he knows that Batman probably thinks he is in the right, but Superman thinks Batman has gone kind of crazy and wants him to just stop his nonsense. The same way he was willing to give Zod a chance to repent despite the damage he did initially. Superman believes people can redeem themselves, that no matter what, men can still be good.

lol where's this from

>that the aparently never had with Clark?

But you don't know he never had it before, you don't know every single moment of their time together. You are dumb.
>So in the end, without knowing the result of the fight with Btaman and Supes - correct me if I am wrong on this reagrd - he went there to make a random monster going against any rational thought?

Well he didn't care. Either Superman kills Batman and then Doomsday killed Superman, or Batman killed Superman and then Lex killed Doomsday with Kryptonite and proved to America that powerful aliens are dangerous and the government funds his kryptonite weapons. Again, though, this was undone by hubris.

>just ignoring the entire charcater of the monster and Doomsday, and all the context that they were subjugated to - pro tip - Doomsday on BvS had basically no characteriation or tie with its creator, unlike every character that you mentioned.

But this version of Doomsday had everything to do with its creator. It was basically how Luthor viewed Superman manifest, and what more it was Superman's mistake of killing Zod literally coming back to haunt him.

it was great man, idk why you can't admit that.

No, fuck off. It's shit. Pretty shit, but shit nonetheless.

The new Doom Patrol, its fantastic

>He had plenty of characterization, when I saw it kids in the theater cried when he died.

First, the person who takes a kid to whatch Snyder movie, has problems.

Second, this Superman had 42 lines of dialogue on HIS entire movie. Spider-man had more on his cameo on Civil War. He died, and audiences didnt cared, the media didnt cared, nobody gives a single fuck. Haha no, you had brooding Superman that doesnt know his place in the world on the first movie, and brooding Superman, sad because how people see in the second. This isnt a well developed charcater, this is a character lost in a spiral of angst. One of the first rules of writting a script is also: dont like a character that is whiny the entire time - these type of characters are usually hated by audience - see Robert Mackee.

>Clark Kent isnt the human side of Superman

Yes it is, without him, Snyder now probably feel free to not have him interacting with anyone else besides Lois, and making him 24h Superman.

>He bounced off Perry, Lois, Batman, ghost Pa Kent, Ma Kent and Lex.
He only bounced off Perry - in one scene that was basically "I want to do thing!"

The rest, you are showing that you doesnt know what "bouncing off" means. Example:

>Steve Rogers: Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?
>Tony Stark: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.
>Steve Rogers: I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.
>Tony Stark: I think I would just cut the wire.
>Steve Rogers: Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero.
>Tony Stark: A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!
>Steve Rogers: Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds.

Nah not really, what didn't you like about it?

Apart from Alfred and maybe Wonder Woman? Pretty much everything.

It's fan art

People don't need dialogue to have character, people are much more defined by their actions, and its better filmmaking to define someone through their actions. And Superman never whines about anything, he never bemoans what he has to do, he just worries if what he is doing is the right thing. I loved this more self-concious Superman and I know a lot of other people did too.

And idk why you just assume Clark Kent will be dead, when Superman died and came back in the comics so did Clark Kent, so there is no reason why they cant do it in the movies too.
And Clark bounces off of people fine. With Perry it shows what he thinks about justice and what he thinks the media's job is. With Lois it highlights what Superman/Clark worries about in relation to saving people. With Batman it shows first how Superman is still trying to figure out how to deal with villains/bad guys (since Batman is literally the second enemy he has faced). With Ma Kent it is showing that sometimes Superman just needs the re-assurance of his mom. With ghost Pa Kent it shows that Superman misses his dad and wishes he was around to give him more advice like he used to.

Why?

>All of BvS is about how Superman has the ultimate agency

It is about him being manipulated by Lex, until he dies at the end, making Lex plan work in the end.

>And its because Luthor actually views Superman as just being overhyped, like he always does in the comics

Luthor doesnt think that Clark has humans ties.

>and in this telling it manifested as him wanting to squeeze at every possible weakness Superman had.

Shouldnt Batman be looking for it too?

>Lex didn't just want to kill Superman, he wanted to destroy him in the eyes of the public.

By making a secretive fight in a hidden place, and making him being killed by an urban kegend, after it all being possible by dozens of ilegal means that can be easily traced back to him?

>Batman believes all the hype of superman, that he indeed was an alien mega god that had to be killed.

So why didnt tried to spy on him with fucking cameras, like Lex did? Why give Batman Lex Luthor entire characterization?

>Him giving him a warning and letting him go, instead of arresting him, is him giving Batman the benefit of the doubt

So he thinks that Batman suddenly got crazy and is attacking inocent people randonly, but he didnt care to know why, or ask said people if they are ok, or if they know why Batman is after them?

>Yeah, and they only got that evidence AFTER they arrested him for the Doomsday thing.

It is said that he is arrested FOR THE BOMBING, not Doomsday.

> But there was no way to prove that the wheel chair was a gift from Lex before then

It is his technology, after his visit, to a guy that will "by coincidence" advocate against Superman.

>but the very fact that they didnt arrest him earlier meant they didnt have enough proof to do so.

Your headcanon. The most likely scenario going by what is TOLD on the movie, is that he was arrested after investigation of the bombing.

The Superman frames in this film

It's a shame that Snyder doesn't know how to deliver tone or characterization, because the visual composition of BvS and MoS blows anything Marvel has done out of the water.

Visually, the only Marvel films that can really compete are Doctor Strange and Guardians.

>It is about him being manipulated by Lex, until he dies at the end, making Lex plan work in the end.

Superman isn't manipulated by Lex until he captures Martha and Lois, and even then Superman goes against what Lex wanted by befriend Batman. Try watching the movie next time.

>Luthor doesnt think that Clark has humans ties.
Yes he does. Thats why in Reeves Superman he captures Lois. Its why in Superman Returns he captures Lois and his son. Its why he captured Martha in BvS.

>Shouldnt Batman be looking for it too?
Batman buys into the whole ubermench angel so he thinks he doesnt have weaknesses except kryptonite.

>By making a secretive fight in a hidden place, and making him being killed by an urban kegend, after it all being possible by dozens of ilegal means that can be easily traced back to him?
Learn English. None if was tracked back to him until after he was caught post-Doomsday. And Batman was the one who chose where to fight, but you dont think that eventually that fight would have been reported on? Really? That Batman wouldnt publicize his killing of the uber-god Superman?
>So why didnt tried to spy on him with fucking cameras, like Lex did? Why give Batman Lex Luthor entire characterization?
The whole point was that Batman almost became like Lex Luthor until Superman was willing to just talk to him and be completely honest. Its similar to the theme of Spider-Man 2, which revolved around Peter's relationship suffering because he couldnt be honest with Mary Jane.

>indieshit
>good art

>So he thinks that Batman suddenly got crazy and is attacking inocent people randonly, but he didnt care to know why, or ask said people if they are ok, or if they know why Batman is after them?
We don't know that he doesn't check in on those people Batman hurt, its just not shown on film because not every second needs to be, its not vital to the story being told. And Superman thinks Batman has gone crazy with power as a vigilante and just wants him to stop. Like I said before, it was a mistake how he approached him initially, one he learns from later when he tries to approach him again. Its called a character arc.

Also idk where this thing about cameras comes from, no one was shown using cameras to spy on Superman's personal life.

>It is said that he is arrested FOR THE BOMBING, not Doomsday.
Well I dont think it needs to be explicitly said that he was arrested for releasing a giant monster on the world, I mean how dumb can you be? They were just saying that on top of that he is also charged with the bombing. Stop being so nitpicky.

>It is his technology, after his visit, to a guy that will "by coincidence" advocate against Superman.
No one knew it was Lex's tech or that the wheel chair guy saw Lex except Mercy, who was blown up. Watch the movie dummy.

>Your headcanon. The most likely scenario going by what is TOLD on the movie, is that he was arrested after investigation of the bombing.
Its not head-canon, im following the series of events. They aren't just going to not arrest him if they have proof, so they obviously didnt have proof until after the Doomsday thing.

>There aren't limits to self defense as far as I know

Yes there are. There are rules for which weapon you can carry around too, even if you are a "guard".

>Superman was concerned that was something for the cops to figure out.

Your headcanon.

Also, this is stupid. Didnt you said that he had "agency"? Why is his agency just "letting other people do the work for me?" Why he doesnt even care for said people being attacked?

>But you don't know he never had it before

He acted like that. If you are going to do a dream sequence, make it act like a dream sequence. I know that you are dumb and by Snyder school of thought of "just throw things in, no matter how surreal, later we rationalize", but ths doesnt make a good movie.

>Well he didn't care.

Are you saying that THIS is a good character? He does things at random because he doesnt care? This guy is like a the worst Joker that ever existed.

>Either Superman kills Batman and then Doomsday killed Superman, or Batman killed Superman and then Lex killed Doomsday with Kryptonite

Headcanon never said or adressed in the movie. Lex had no kryptonite with him at the moment.

>But this version of Doomsday had everything to do with its creator.

He had no rational thought to stabelish a relationship with its creator, like all the other characters that you mentioned before had. When Lex makes Bizarro, he manipulates him psycologically, because Bizarro basically think and act and grew up like a child. This Doosmday? Random monster, without mean to control.

>People don't need dialogue to have character,

Dialogue is fundamental for CHARACTERIZATION, go read a fucking book that deal with filmmaking. This said, fucking Groot had a greater emotional range than Snyderman.

Snyder delivered the characterization and tone fine desu. And Strange and Guardians are really bland visually. Strange has some cool effects for the fight scenes but everything else is still so flat.

>and its better filmmaking to define someone through their actions.

And it is a terrible choice for filmmaking to make your character do everything while he is brooming. This is one of the first things that they will teach you: Doing this wont make the audience have empathy with your character, even more if he is gifted.

>nd idk why you just assume Clark Kent will be dead,

Unlike you, I go for what is adressed on the movies, and not headcanon shit, by doing this, I ended up giving BvS a chance. Snyder very obviously doesnt care for this aspect of Superman, because it had almost no screemtime on both movies. Superman is a 35 years old dude, with NO friends apart from his girlfriend.

;_;

>Yes there are. There are rules for which weapon you can carry around too, even if you are a "guard".

Oh so you are an expert of law in Gotham/Metropolis? And by that token Iron Man's armor would be super illegal in NY/MCU. Bitch about that.

>Also, this is stupid. Didnt you said that he had "agency"? Why is his agency just "letting other people do the work for me?" Why he doesnt even care for said people being attacked?

Letting cops do their jobs doesnt rob anyone of agency. By that logic, everytime Batman turns a criminal over to the cops he has lost all his agency. You are dumb.

>He acted like that. If you are going to do a dream sequence, make it act like a dream sequence. I know that you are dumb and by Snyder school of thought of "just throw things in, no matter how surreal, later we rationalize", but ths doesnt make a good movie.
No he didn't act like that, he just acted like he wanted some advice from his dad and was probably recalling a story he was told as a child or something. The very fact that he is remembering his dad proves that his dad has told him this before, or at the very least his mom told him this story and now he is imagining what his dad would say about it.
>Headcanon never said or adressed in the movie. Lex had no kryptonite with him at the moment.
I dont need headcanon for basic logic, im sorry you cant handle a movie that doesnt explicitly say every single step of everyone's plans.
Also you dont know that he didnt have kryptonite with him or that he couldn't have someone form his lab launch them at Doomsday or something. Stop with your headcanon.

This is NOT a BvS thread.

>He had no rational thought to stabelish a relationship with its creator, like all the other characters that you mentioned before had. When Lex makes Bizarro, he manipulates him psycologically, because Bizarro basically think and act and grew up like a child. This Doosmday? Random monster, without mean to control.
Haha so you've only read Forever Evil? Thats the only version of Bizarro that Lex ever manipulates, otherwise they just run rampant and out of Lex's control in every other version.
>Dialogue is fundamental for CHARACTERIZATION, go read a fucking book that deal with filmmaking. This said, fucking Groot had a greater emotional range than Snyderman.

It sure can be, but actions always speak louder than words. You literally just said a character who only says one thing has great characterization. Another example would be Edward Scissors Hands for someone more characterized by action than dialogue, or Onamonapia from the comics

It's too late now friendo, the "BvS is Great" autists have arrived.

>And it is a terrible choice for filmmaking to make your character do everything while he is brooming
I didn't see a broom in the movie, gunna have to re-watch and look out for that broom.

>Unlike you, I go for what is adressed on the movies, and not headcanon shit

But you literally just head-canoned that Clark Kent wouldn't come back....
> Snyder very obviously doesnt care for this aspect of Superman, because it had almost no screemtime on both movies. Superman is a 35 years old dude, with NO friends apart from his girlfriend.

He had tons and tons of screentime in MoS and lots in BvS, despite it being a Batman movie first (his name even comes first in the title).

Also he cares very much about Superman, he even fought for the red trunks in MoS but the studio wouldn't let him.

what do you mean, all the autism was started by People are allowed to like a movie that you don't, but it was the rampant anti-snyder fags that need to defend their dislike of this movie and tear down those that do like it.

Another BvS thread
REEEE

>Superman isn't manipulated by Lex until he captures Martha and Lois

You are just showing that the "plot" of BvS, had so so little dramatic stakes that Lex Luthor literally has to kidnap Lois and MARTHA for the third act to start because the story as written has no dramatic impetus between the leads. All the time, on the rest of the movie, he is playing like Lex wants.

>Superman goes against what Lex wanted by befriend Batman.

It was ALL Batman agency, not Superman. If Batman didnt had mental problems, he wouldnt had hesitaded to kill him off.

>Yes he does.

Read a comic dude, you are completely missing th point of the character, and citing some of the worst aspects of his characterization and other bad moves to justify it.

>Batman buys into the whole ubermench angel so he thinks he doesnt have weaknesses except kryptonite.
So Batman doesnt TRY to do BASIC investigation that any sane human would do? The movie requires the convuluted need of Batman being a complete idiot? Why the hell he thinks that Superman stopped a satelitie from looking for him? Why the hell he cant make the simple conection of Lois and Superman? Or the simple conection between him and Smallville? You just need to follow the fucking in universe news.

>Learn English. None if was tracked back to him until after he was caught post-Doomsday.
But nothing says that he was found guilty BECAUSE of Doomsday incident, just that the bomb was found to be his, and because of THAT he was sent ot jail. Whatch the fucking movie kido.

>And Batman was the one who chose where to fight, but you dont think that eventually that fight would have been reported on?
By who?

>The whole point was that Batman almost became like Lex Luthor until Superman was willing to just talk to him and be completely honest.
Why Superman never tried to talk to him the entire fight? Why he never was direct about urgent things? Why not go clear instead of sayin "buuut....buuuut....you...see...there is this....."

oh wow, thats some neat visual symmetry

>You are just showing that the "plot" of BvS, had so so little dramatic stakes that Lex Luthor literally has to kidnap Lois and MARTHA for the third act to start because the story as written has no dramatic impetus between the leads. All the time, on the rest of the movie, he is playing like Lex wants.

This is the most retarded thing I've read. You are literally complaining that a villain did villain things in the third act.
>It was ALL Batman agency, not Superman. If Batman didnt had mental problems, he wouldnt had hesitaded to kill him off.
Again, learn English. Second Superman tried to befriend Batman in the beginning of their fight but Batman wouldnt listen because of the mistake Superman made earlier when he smashed his Batmobile.
>Read a comic dude, you are completely missing th point of the character, and citing some of the worst aspects of his characterization and other bad moves to justify it.

I've been reading comics and I can promise that I own more DC comics than you. Superman's core character, since the golden age, has been an agent of changing the world for the better, and literally of all MoS and BvS is Superman trying to figure out the best way to do that.
>So Batman doesnt TRY to do BASIC investigation that any sane human would do? The movie requires the convuluted need of Batman being a complete idiot? Why the hell he thinks that Superman stopped a satelitie from looking for him? Why the hell he cant make the simple conection of Lois and Superman? Or the simple conection between him and Smallville? You just need to follow the fucking in universe news.

It is literally said that Batman is blinded by rage. Idk why you have such a hard time accepting this when it is said directly to our face. He just doesnt think its possible for Superman to have any human connections, he just sees him as a detached alien figure.

>> Its similar to the theme of Spider-Man 2, which revolved around Peter's relationship suffering because he couldnt be honest with Mary Jane.

Are you insane? Comparing Peter and Mary Jane deal with avoiding vilains, with Batman and Superman pre fight speech?

>We don't know that he doesn't check in on those people Batman hurt

This is called bad writting and plot hole.

>its just not shown on film because not every second needs to be

There woukdnt be a movie if he had checked out or talked more with Batman or taking a basic common sense aproach to the situation. This is called a plot hole.

>nd Superman thinks Batman has gone crazy with power as a vigilante and just wants him to stop.

But not care enough about his victims, or who he is after. Well...

>one he learns from later when he tries to approach him again. Its called a character arc.
Superman hadnt interacted with Batman again until the fight, he had no reason to change his opinion on him, apart from a desperate need to get help to solve his mother problem, and he does a poor job at comunicating it.

>Well I dont think it needs to be explicitly said

You are talking about a visual medium, you DONT MAKE A MOVIE SAYING TO THE AUDIENCE TO FILL YOUR PLOT HOLES WITH THEORIES. This is just too stupid.

>They were just saying that on top of that he is also charged with the bombing.

Nah, only mention bombing. You know that you arent obligated to defend every aspect of the movie right? There is no problem in admiting a fuck up on something that you like.

>Its not head-canon, im following the series of events.

No, its headcanon, and never adressed on the movie.

Does anyone have the full image of the painting lex luthor turns upside down?

Amanda Conner is great. Hell, just look at pic related: you could erase all the word balloons and you still would get what's happening.

The only thing I hate about her art is the way she draws faces.

>But nothing says that he was found guilty BECAUSE of Doomsday incident, just that the bomb was found to be his, and because of THAT he was sent ot jail. Whatch the fucking movie kido.

I did watch the movie, and the series of events play out so that he isnt arrested until after Doomsday happens, meaning he is arrested in connection with Doomsday. You can even see them arrest him here:

cinemablend.com/new/Deleted-Batman-V-Superman-Scene-Shows-Darkseid-Hint-Lex-Luthor-Arrest-Watch-It-Now-121057.html
>By who?
By literally anyone. Do you think Batman would have just hid Superman's body away? At the very least he would disappear from which would be enough for the public to think Superman as abandoned them.
Why Superman never tried to talk to him the entire fight? Why he never was direct about urgent things? Why not go clear instead of sayin "buuut....buuuut....you...see...there is this....."

He did try to talk to him, multiple times, but Batman wouldnt listen.

>This is called bad writting and plot hole.
So because they didnt show something not relevant to the story its bad writing? Bad writing would be showing excessive things that have nothing to do with the plot. The movie already established that Superman helps people in need via the montage and newspaper clippings so its not a leap in logic to assume he helps them too.

"In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot."

How does that go against the flow of logic?

>But not care enough about his victims, or who he is after. Well...
The movie never says he doesnt care about the victims, for someone who hates head-canon you sure make a lot of it.
>Superman hadnt interacted with Batman again until the fight, he had no reason to change his opinion on him, apart from a desperate need to get help to solve his mother problem, and he does a poor job at comunicating it.

You just answered your own question, the character arc comes from him being forced to reevaluate his actions because he needs help when he didn't before. And he did a good job of communicating it, but Batman wouldnt listen.
>You are talking about a visual medium, you DONT MAKE A MOVIE SAYING TO THE AUDIENCE TO FILL YOUR PLOT HOLES WITH THEORIES. This is just too stupid.

You are the one with the crazy theories here man. And for some reason you think saying its a visual medium somehow justifies more sonic/dialogue explanation? Wut? Now thats a plot hole in your logic.

>Nah, only mention bombing. You know that you arent obligated to defend every aspect of the movie right? There is no problem in admiting a fuck up on something that you like.

Because it trusts its audience arent idiots and can recognize that someone who releases a giant monster on the world should be arrested. I'm sorry you are such a sociopath that you think Lex shouldnt have been put in jail because of that.
>No, its headcanon, and never adressed on the movie.

So following the events of the movie is headcanon now? By that logic, how did Cap and the Avengers stop Crossbones in Civil War? We never see them travel to that country when before they were in New York! The movie didn't show them traveling so its a giant plothole!

>Oh so you are an expert of law in Gotham/Metropolis?

Are you saying that their law is different from our world, and that this is the explanation that you have to keep in mind while whatching JUST so you can forgive the plot hole?

> And by that token Iron Man's armor would be super illegal in NY/MCU.

Iron Man armor is a private invention from a weapon maker, but Tony still has to answer to the damage to the justice.

>Letting cops do their jobs doesnt rob anyone of agency.

Letting criminals that are 5 minutes away scape, without doing the obvious thing of even checking out the people who were wounded or that might be on illegal situations is just a plot hole. Its like Batman ignoring a murder that killed a person right in front of him, and saying that cops will take care of it.

>No he didn't act like that, he just acted like he wanted some advice from his dad and was probably

>was probably
You really need to make a lot of contortions for this movie to work, doesnt you?

>I dont need headcanon for basic logic

G-guys, Lex totaly had a plan! He doesnt say, it isnt show, but he MUST have had because....uh...the movie would be bad?

>Also you dont know that he didnt have kryptonite with him

Holy shit, the burden of proof is with who says that he had kryptonite.

>aha so you've only read Forever Evil? Thats the only version of Bizarro that Lex ever manipulates, otherwise they just run rampant and out of Lex's control in every other version.

False.

>It sure can be, but actions always speak louder than words.

Which is a problem, because the movie does a terrible job at it, citing excetions of the rule on good movies, doesnt make this shit better on BvS.

What? You said that it had no plot holes, I am just adressing your mistake.

its called Paradise Lost

Ignoring all of the thread so far but here to post that Sergio Toppi's art gives me an erection.

>Iron Man armor is a private invention from a weapon maker, but Tony still has to answer to the damage to the justice.

Where is Tony answering for all the damage? Man what a giant plothole, Shane Hack is a terrible filmmaker.
>Letting criminals that are 5 minutes away scape, without doing the obvious thing of even checking out the people who were wounded or that might be on illegal situations is just a plot hole. Its like Batman ignoring a murder that killed a person right in front of him, and saying that cops will take care of it.

They never show Superman ignore it. Its your headcanon that he never checks up on the people, since they dont show it one way or the other, its up for the audience to decide.

>You really need to make a lot of contortions for this movie to work, doesnt you?
>doesn't you
Learn. English. And you need to make a whole heaping bunch of contortions to hate this movie, which is really sad, spending all this time and effort on something you hate in a language you struggle with.

>Holy shit, the burden of proof is with who says that he had kryptonite.
Well we saw he had kryptonite earlier when experimenting on Zod so he might still have it with him, and know he was making kryptonite weapons, so he has those at Lexcorp which could easily be deployed.

>False.
Oh yeah? Then post proof, because in Byrne's MoS he sure as hell couldnt control or manipulate bizarro. In ASS he sure as hell didnt manipulate any bizarro. And in the Doomsday mini the scientist that made Doomsday couldnt control Doomsday after making him too powerful.

>Which is a problem, because the movie does a terrible job at it, citing excetions of the rule on good movies, doesnt make this shit better on BvS.
I barely even understand the second half of that sentence, but it did a great job at is seeing as how me and my friends understood it all fine. Maybe because English obviously isnt your first language you couldnt understand what people were saying?

>What? You said that it had no plot holes, I am just adressing your mistake.

None of these are plot holes just thinks u didnt like or wish they had explained more explicitly.

>What? You said that it had no plot holes, I am just adressing your mistake.

You brought up the "plotholes" before anyone started talking about the movie you fucking idiot