WHY THE HATE??

Looks like we need to sit down and have THAT talk, Sup Forums...

Rick and Morty is a truly avant garde adult-cartoon that respects the viewers intellect and does not resort to easy fart humor or 'poo poo randumbbb xd' jokes like Family Guy or The Simpsons have used as a crutch so many times. Every episode of every season is so consistently good and progressively more and more awesome it is scary to think about. I would think that Sup Forums, or at least the old Sup Forums, would be much more receptive to a truly quality and daring piece of artistic television but I suppose I can blame it on the numbskulls that just hopped off the Reddit boat and landed in our quaint little port.

So that begs the question: Are you doing it to be contrarian because it is popular? Because the joke bombed and was never funny, I'm sorry to say. At the very least try to be creative in your shitposting because we've read all the lines a thousand times.

If you come to our threads and try to start shit, just know we will not meme with you, we will not break our proverbial bread of bants with you; we will not engage you in any fashion. On the contrary, we will treat you as a foreign threat, an invader, and we will punish you for invading our space so just stick to your containment threads and let us discuss and enjoy the show in peace.
To all naysayers or mongoloids who got swept up in the memeing: I implore you to watch an episode of the show, just one (1!), and make your mind up then.
Not for you? No problem, that's fine, try again in a few weeks!
For you? Then welcome aboard, buckaroo!

I think the question I pose to anyone still reading this is this: After all this, why the hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KgpvK5Uo7kA
youtu.be/EwXAG9IuDyY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shameless self-bump

I'm glad the Internet is turning against this shit, hopefully it'll become mocked like atheism is because all its loudest fans are fat retards with USI.

What the fuck are you talking about, pea-brain? Are you really that sad you want the fans of the show to be mocked? There's nothing to mock like atheism, the fans of the show are pretty smart people, I mean there's sure to be some outliers but I haven't seen a fan do something I wouldn't.

Bump. Come on you fucking idiots, this is a well-written and structured thread, unlike the majority of these newfag, fart-sniffer threads. I'm looking to fucking debate here.

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A REPLY MORTY!
I'M REPLY RIIIIICK!

Well, first off: That wall of drivel is all a fucking lie.

You write like a deranged lunatic and act like it is a big conspiracy theory to "trick" people in to thinking they are smart for understanding the nuances and complexities of the subjects Rick and Morty explains. You act like the references on this show are worse or any different from any other adult-cartoon like The Shitsons or Family Guy. The show prompts self-introspection and allows for critical examination of human being's role in the universe, and if that gets younger viewers thinking about this then I believe we will all be looking forward to a much more intellectual future.

In conclusion, you are just parroting band-wagon talking, try again.

Way to prove his point dumbass

You do realise he hates R&M and is falseflagging, right?

What do you mean, moron? I addressed his points and destroyed them and you think I'm proving his point? Is this the way you numbnut brains work?? Hahaha.

is this copypasta wars in effect?

talk about deranged holy fuck

>numbnut

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

>Rick and Morty is a truly avant garde adult-cartoon that respects the viewers intellect and does not resort to easy fart humor
yeah, it resorts to burp humor instead
its not an intellectual cartoon, it just makes the viewer think about things and question which are not that often discussed in cartoons. The idiots that have never have such thoughts consider them as "sciency" and "smart", while the rest of us just sit there and wonder why this show is so popular right now
rick and morty is pretty much the "the big bang theory" of cartoons

it will become the new fedora

How am I falseflagging? is it that hard to believe there is a person with a modicum of intelligence left on Sup Forums that can construct a decent argument? I get that you guys don't like the show but you have yet to show me a single, solid reason why.

It's pretty good, it's free and open and doesn't like to restrict itself, but is definitely defined by an intellectual arrogance I think most of us got over when we were much younger. The writers do a pretty good job of being reasonable and keeping tone but there are plenty of moments of insecurity in the show. It's a good time but it really is full of shit in a lot of cases and I do get the vibe that the creators agree with the characters sometimes when they're saying some basic divisive shit. The show makes a special effect out of its cynical grandstanding, but it's all just obnoxious self-hatred. Dan Harmon may be an adult aged man but he's still peddling schoolyard smartass shit. It makes for a great cartoon, and he does bring high concepts to the masses, but most moments where he tries to act meaningful come off as infantile.

this one is still fresh

>Hating R&M is the new fedora

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cont..

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Nobody cares about your arrogant debate my friend. I don't know why you think the fans have an obligation to respect the show when the show doesn't respect its audience. What about this cynical cartoon demands a parade? It's not funny to sit around and talk about how clever Rick and Mitty is.

Yeah, I'm deranged, for taking down his points. Good job proving me right.

Do you just stockpile Rick and Morty gifs or was it just for your first post on Sup Forums

Fine then, poor choice of wording, how about brainlet then you stupid fuck.

OP is an autistic manchild, leave him alone.

How big is the folder?

Yeah, yeah. Rick and Morty is fart-smelling idiot humor, uh huh. I'll bet you think Family Guy is the Citizen Kane of adult-cartoon entertainment, too, right?

That was pretty well explained, friend, it's good to maintain a level of civility in this thread. While I do still thoroughly disagree, I give you props.

Because I like the show, I'm sure you have a Bane folder, you immature pisshead.

Just leave my thread if you're not going to engage brain, mongoloid.

One for every occasion, friendo.

I don't think we need to accuse pedophilia to know that the Justin and Dan are intentionally sloppy edgy drunks. These people are retarded and are always pushing the envelope because they're cynical enough to let themselves hate life and any limit they can think of, legal or otherwise. They do a lot of stuff just to prove they can, and if you listen to either of them on podcasts or see their twitter, they both get into these uncontrollable enraged states where they rant about subhumans.

I see that you're one of those people that get upset if others don't agree with you, similar to children. Guess that's why you like this cartoon so much and think its intelligent.

R&M have a science theme while Family Guy go with social commentaries. At the end of the day they're both stupid cartoons, the only difference is that those who watch Family Guy are not a bunch of condescending pricks that write about it on Sup Forums.

sorry, meant to reply to

>does not resort to easy fart humor or 'poo poo randumbbb xd' jokes like Family Guy
There's literally a character called Mr. Poopybutthole

Cool assumptions and projecting senpai

I don't get upset if people are looking to genuinely have a game of wits with me, but for the majority of this thread I have been name-called and treated like some kind of newfag.

The thing is Rick and Morty is actually a smart piece of television, there is nothing else like it on TV but the morons on this board think it is trendy or 'cool' to bash the show just because it is popular.

You are actually just scrolling through google images you fucking loser

This is the problem, the show has got you running around starting fights looking for a 'game of wits' and thinking you're the smartest person in the room because no one gives a fuck. This show claims to be intelligent and above everything but it sure has a lot of fucking attention seeking coming from it and its fans.

Youre actually the one doing the name calling. How about you stop all that repressed rage from leaking out into your written diahrrea, because responding with unneeded insult when someone doesnt share your opinion about a cartoon made by 2 neckbeards is just sad and makes nearly anything you have to say instantly irrelevant.

Drunk humor is as low class fart humor

Fucking demolished.

Joyce and Pynchon do both

artfully

>the second hand embarrassment itt
it hurts

I like this show but I don't have a Reddit account, what does that mean?

that you need to gtfo

ANAKIN

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE IS EVIL

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, HE'S JUST SMART

I hated it from the second I saw it because of its shitty, lazy noodle arm artstyle

kek

It means that you're a compulsive liar.

to be fair you have to have an extremely high iq to understand rick and morty. the subtle sounds that emit from the television during a television show are easy to perceive, though not consciously. it presents itself as a series of waves which encourage homosexuality in the user, and gradually weakens the sphincter muscles, allowing rick easier entrance once the ritual of a twenty-five-minute watch is complete. it's most easier if you imbibe a large quantity of alcohol before hand, preferably of the rubbing kind, and then shoot it out in a streamlike fashion out of your dickhole. a horrendous burning pain it should be, but worth the experience of rick's giant, semi-hispanic, throbbing schlong being crammed into your crusty poop chute. anal bleaching is also a perfect step, especially perfect when the bleach is inserted directly into the rectum. if not, it's possible rick may not pop his pickle in your pusspuss.it is precisely why the show excels in its area of post-supernihilism, because it is able to manipulate the viewer in real life.

Kids who grew up watching Pewdiepie are now big guys (16), they need to show everyone how deus vult they are. And they get triggered by anything mocking their jewish god.

Exactly. To be fair, you have to have an extremely high IQ to understand Dan Harmon's subtle, clever human, like the famous catchphrase "LICK, LICK, LICK MY BALLS!". The cunning reference to Telemov's famous psychology book Mind of the Cosmos. The reference of testicular salivation on page 23, paragraph 2, is as apparent as ever.

>does not resort to easy fart humor or 'poo poo randumbbb xd' jokes like Family Guy

>Main character burps in the middle of every sentence
>Character called Mr. Poopy Butthole
>"Hi, I'm Ants in My Eyes Johnson and I have ants in my eyes"
>"Morty, I turned myself into a pickle!"
>Hamster in Butt World
>Buttworld

youtu.be/KgpvK5Uo7kA
youtu.be/EwXAG9IuDyY

B-B-B-BUT IT'S FUUUUUNYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

fucking This.

It's really not

They didn't say it, avoided it whenever possible, but it was bound to come out.
They were both panting hard, like they were running a marathon, and Rick couldn't help but admire how adorable his grandson was on top of him.

Morty was flushed, sweating and swearing, and absolutely perfect. His lips were all over him, licking and kissing and biting every inch of Rick he could reach. He rode his grandpa like a champ, his entire body moving rhythmically. Rick was right on the edge, so close…

He thrusted roughly into Morty and elicited a choked sob from him, music to his ears. The young boy was jerking himself of frantically.

"R-Rick," he whined. His pace quickened and Rick moaned, relishing the feeling of being ridden hard and fast."I… I l-love you Rick!" Morty shouted as he came.

Oh god. He said it.

Rick moaned as he pumped his grandson full of cum. They'd both been tiptoeing around saying it to each other and the intensity of the moment sent him right over the edge.

Morty slumped down to snuggle, thoroughly sticky and satisfied. Rick kissed the side of his face, content.

you people are so bad at this

Its pretty funny but the criticism that it fellates 115 iq liberal arts majors into thinking they sre superior is 100% valid

Most of the show watchers eat at whole foods and are unemployed

Fuck it, I'll take the bait. It's only been posted once before, according to the archive, so I'll assume it's not pasta level just yet.

You've written so much and said so little.
If you want a debate, actually say something of substance.
>Rick and Morty is a truly avant garde adult-cartoon that respects the viewers intellect and does not resort to easy fart humor or 'poo poo randumbbb xd' jokes like Family Guy or The Simpsons have used as a crutch so many times.
Substantiate. How is Rick and Morty different? What did Family Guy and the Simpsons do wrong? How is it better than other animated shows that you left out, such as Drawn Together, American Dad or South park?

>Every episode of every season is so consistently good and progressively more and more awesome it is scary to think about.
One example, please. If only to get the ball rolling. And justify how abortions like Pickle Rick or get Schwifty are "consistently good".
These are the only points even slightly worthy of any discussion.

>no childish humor

isn't there literally a character called poo poo butt hole?

List of all "not bad" episodes:
The first one with the seeds
The second one with the dog
The one with the theme park in the hobo
The one with the simulation inside a simulation
The one with the love potion
The interdimensional cable one, except the parts where they actually show the TV
The Rick council episode
_
The one with the fractured time
The one with Fart wasn't good but it was good character development for Morty
The Unity one
The one with the purge wasn't good but it was good character development for Morty
The one with Birdperson's death and Rick's surrender
_
The one with Rick's escape
The Mad Max one
The pickle Rick one, especially the end with the psychologist
The moment where Rick rants abut Israel
The one with the giant Summer
The second one with the citadel
_
Not bad episodes are about 18/30, so the series is watchable in general

To play the doubles advocate, that one was justifiable.
In context, the episode was full of psychic parasites that spawned all sorts of retarded characters and mind fucked the cast into thinking they was real.
The joke was that he was such a blatant parasitic construct but turned out to be real.

was it really easier to do this than episode numbers

No, but titles and episode numbers aren't representative enough of an episode

'no'

This is cute!

Yes.
You don't have to find it funny, but he wasn't just a poop joke.

Putting a lot of effort into hating a teenagers cartoon

Screencapping that to shell some reddit fags with it later, cheers.

>atheist show
>deus vult

>tfw you share a board with people that get THIS butthurt over a cartoon

Why bring the absence of faith in a Deity into this? Are you an idiot by any chance?

If somebody you were conversing with had some good ideas but then started saying a bunch of nonsense words like "floopy," "schmeckles" and "wubba lubba dub dub," you'd ask him why he's trying to be funny when it's obvious he isn't.
When he continued to do that while trying to sound smart, you'd find him so irritating that you'd never want to talk with him again.

B-b-but morrttteee you need to stick the mega seeds waaaay up your butthole. Floopy noops!!!! Thats my new catchphrase!!

I have never seen shitposting so powerful before, not sure if I should be impressed or worried.

To be fair, Ants-in-my-eyes Johnson is pretty funny.

>Rick and Morty is a truly avant garde adult-cartoon that respects the viewers intellect and does not resort to easy fart humor or 'poo poo randumbbb xd' jokes like Family Guy or The Simpsons have used as a crutch so many times.

LOLOL!!! Is this bait, Mr. Shwifty, or do you really believe people are that stupid? Aside from the shit on the floor song, we have a guy eating a bowl of shit, a school teacher seeing a therapist for treatment related to his habit of eating shit, a book full of pictures of people eating shit, Morty making friends with a fart alien, and being swallowed and immediately shit out by another one,a planet full of farting buttocks mountains, etc., etc., ad infinitum, in a cartoon produced by a literal shit-eater. (picrelated)

In other words, you, as well as the show you call, "consistently good and progressively more and more awesome"... are full of shit.

What is it about this show that brings out the autism in people? It isn't as bad as Sanic but people sperg the fuck out. See: OP

I mean look at this. One asshole makes a thread and i can't tell if they're "ironic" or not and it attracts another sperg on a shit eating crusade.

last episode had several playwright sins of telling not showing.

nearly constant comments directed to the audience about the audience.

summer getting on to jerry for his alien relationship in the way that she did.

Sup Forums here

It is a good show, but some of the episodes are hit and miss this season.

Last season, I'd say half were good.

S1 is patrician.

Also you're forgetting it's an adult swim show.

you don't represent Sup Forums, nufag

>Sup Forums is one person

I was a /new/sman while you were shitposting on 9gag, boyo

someone actually wrote all of that

rick & morty is mediocre now

Oh shit I had no idea

I'm sorry massa

Well, to be fair, I suppose you have to have an extremely high IQ to understand why Justin Roiland eats shit, and is loved so much by the people whose shit he eats.

He is not a meme. Don't even try.

...What?