What's the worst Simpsons characters? My vote goes to Hans Moleman and Sideshow Mel...

What's the worst Simpsons characters? My vote goes to Hans Moleman and Sideshow Mel. They annoy me in a way I can't explain.

Rich Texan

Modern Lisa
>Writers can't decide whether she's a parody or a self insert
>Ends up being really cringeworthy

Marge's sisters.

Blue-Haired Lawyer and Old Jewish Man.
They know what they did.
And those two guys who sit with Homer and Barney in the bar, fuck those guys. Just the worst characters.

Kodos.
Kang is cool, though.

Agnes Skinner.

Sideshow Mel is actually pretty terrible. He's done nothing interesting and is only really in new episodes for a crowd-filler or to set up a delivery for a joke for another character.
Maude was pretty eh too.
Then there's the obvious ones like Crazy Cat Lady, Gil and Disco Stu who are just kinda one-dimensional.

And Helen Lovejoy is also irritating

Helen Lovejoy.
But I think that was intentional.

In terms of poor execution, Ol' Gil is pretty disappointing.

I can't think of many characters that annoy me as much as old Gil.

A lot of the post golden age characters like Duffman, Gil and Lindsey Naegle add to the cast but don't contribute anything worthwhile.

Shary Bobbins is terrible too.

Groundskeeper Willie. He COULD be really cool (I like the angry scotsman stereotype) but they always play up his loser/lackey traits instead of letting him do anything fun

Gil, Crazy Cat Lady, Rich Texan Guy, Cookie Kwan, Sideshow Mel and Helen Lovejoy. So yeah basically everyone that has been said already. Notice how most of them are from the post classic seasons.

Zombie Homer and Zombie Flanders certainly take the biscuit. Both awful characters that drag their old selves to shame.

>Gil
>Lindsey Naegle
>golden age characters

Simpsons was well dead and buried by the time either of these characters came around.

_Post_ golden age characters. Didn't you read what you're replying to?

mybad

Sherri and Terri

Lindsey Naegle. I can't stand her.

Helen doesn't bother me at all. The fact that the writers can get her character so perfect that it bothers even the viewers is the Simpsons at its finest, so I really have no complaints. The more one-dimensional characters are good for quick gags, but hopefully we'll never see an entire episode centered around Crazy Cat Lady or something. They do however get annoying when their appearances are overused.

Bloody hell the Simpsons must have the largest cast of any TV show ever.

Did doug dimmadome show up at all in the golden age? He was everywhere in the zombie seasons

I'm pretty sure his first appearance was the Homer bodyguard episode in Season 10.

Sideshow Bob and Krusty.

Fuck the Mayor and the priest too.

Armin Tamzarian

Helen Lovejoy and The Blue Haired Lawyer are the characters I hate the most.

Usually I end up disliking Krusty and Moe, too.