Do you think the sequel will live up to the first movie?

No

Honestly tough

Sequels that are as good as or better than the original are very rare

What would the plot be? They've already tackled the most applicable social commentary, so anything from here's gonna be hard to do well

I'd hope they go dark places with the sequel. Rift from the Nighthowlers incidents between pred and prey never heals. Prey elect a anti-pred mayor who introduces the tame collars. Movie actually doesnt end on a high note. Woody gets tossed into the incinerator.

>Sup Forums calls Frozen overrated and sjw
>loves furrytopia

>Woody gets tossed in the incinerator.

Yes I'm pretty sure it will be just as cancerous.

>Sup Forums is one person
fucking retard

It better be.

>Zootopia is bad because it has anthro animals
Are you 10?

If they went that route, they would need to make Judy and Nick a canon couple.

NOT doing so after two films about race relations AND heavy hints by the end of the movie would be a detriment to the sequel. And honestly, it wouldn't hurt to buck the dumbass trend of "hee hee maybe they will maybe they won't stay tuned for another eight fucking straight-to-video movies to see absolutely nothing happen!"

Shut the fuck up, me.

It would be more relevant to see a Predator backlash movement, some embracing and fostering the differences and division.

Imagine predators wilfully taking the night howler as a political statement

Would it be too late to do a story about police brutality?

And if Judy's neighbors make a return, will they be the first openly gay couple in a Disney film?

It's not bad because it has anthro animals, but indeed you are a furry being blatantly and unashamedly hypocritical for liking a shit film.

maybe, but i doubt it. this is one of those movies where so much of the setting and characters was crafted to tell a very specific story with a very specific message and i kinda struggle to see what theyd do with a sequel besides 'judy and nick solve a crime'

Zootopia's story isn't exactly its strong point desu. It's worldbuilding is. So as far as I'm concerned the sequel has pretty good odds of beating it.

No. They won't even have a king predator undo the subversive damage done by the sheep and make Zootopia great again.

>What would the plot be? They've already tackled the most applicable social commentary, so anything from here's gonna be hard to do well

Yeah, they'd have to do some world-building in order to create new nuances to explore. Something like adding omnivores who are mad that prey are getting their own restaurants where no meat is served, and are arguing that there's a double-standard because everyone would say it's messed up if there was a restaurant that only served meat.

Why can't Sup Forums accept that there's a middle ground between shit and perfect

Zootopia was OK

>I can only think in extremes
Zootopia was honestly a decent film.

Probably.
It wasn't that great and the racism metaphor don't really work.

Movie was great because of character interaction, the sequel should just be a pure buddy cop movie with some new locations for world building.

They covered racism, so they'll probably move on to socio-economic or personal identity issues.

There's not much to live up to.

do you think the sequel will include lizards or birds?

No.

Oh god, that would be insufferable.

That'd be retarded. It'd make sense if theyjust decided to be predatory assholes because "it's in their nature".
I'm a lion in the body of an antelope!

This movie wasn't great to begin with. Great animation but not feral enough for my tastes. I liked bolt more

I wish they would stop it with the "social commentary" (bunnies and foxes have separate societies for a reason) and just make more fun buddy cop movies for kids.

Would make sense. Preds try overturning the established order. The backlash from Prey is severe. There's an incident that causes division. Nick and Judy have to find the true perpetrator before things get out of hand. Success! Things go back to normal, right? Not really... but at least Nick and Judy hook up officially and soldier on.

After watching all the storyboards and deleted content I really like the 'true' world of Zootopia. Things are not alright. There are real wrongs and injustices. Those are what make for good stories. A flawed setting with broken characters that still manage to find their own happiness make for the best stories.

Perhaps Judy has to try to cope with PTSD and Nick can tell her to get over it

(I just wanted a reason to post this image)

Never once heard it called SJW, but ok.

As for overrated? No shit! It was bland and boring as fuck. I didn't even make it to Let it Go before I stopped watching.

>It'd make sense if theyjust decided to be predatory assholes because "it's in their nature".

well yeah but a pointless drug war would be a perfect subplot.

the predators form their own "Predator Lives Matter" after the paranoia makes them targeted by law enforcement which ends up being a hideously destructive and misguided movement on it's own

So did anyone actually end up joining the police because of this movie?

>he missed the /frozengeneral/ era
>600+ threads back to back
>all of it just peopne shilling their fanfic or DA pages

how can she get PTSD if she spent all this time on maternity leave

fox/rabbit hybrids

So something like Judy is Dead?

she was trapped in her squad car while it was set alight by molotoves from #predlivesmatter

nick retires to be a grizzled private detective

I don't think species crossing works as well in zooptipia. Most hybirds are unhealthy like the liger which gets gigantism and easily many cancers.
Although there's hybrid vigor that's in mules but they won't ever have children.

Now give that sapieness

I was very surprised by Zootopia. I thought it was going to be a 'hurr durr diversity is amazing fuck evil conservative nazis' movie but it was surprisingly unbiased and showed how retarded both sides of the argument can be.

I still think it works on Bojack rules

Hey, what's this type of meme/comic called?

Not in a civilization where primitive predators ate prey it doesn't.

>tfw no good fanart in six month
>tfw /trash/ thread is pure awful fanart and roleplay degeneracy

oh man, they're still going with that? Good for them I suppose

Don't they still eat prey in Bojack? I remember that they raise tards to serve as food.

I still want a comic based on this.

member when Sup Forums thought Zootopia was the next Lion King?

nope. it's Frozen.

If The Lion King were released today it would have the most cancerous fanbase of all time. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

#Pumbone #Timba #Polyamory #DaddyDom

Don't worry, the Lion King has it's autists just like any other Disney movie

but why did they even call it zootopia when the movie isnt about zoos?

I dunno man.
It already had/has a pretty cancerous fanbase.
Not sure if it would be worse.

The city of Zootopia is neither a zoo nor a utopia.

Discuss.

what's so bad about them?

A -topia is a place. (From the Greek topos)

A zoo is an establishment build for and housing animals in captivity.

I have to admit I don't really remember because it's not so big anymore. I just have vague memories of tons and tons of strange fanart. Also fandoms in general are just cancerous.

nigger walks

Literally, just google it

Go visit Deviantart and compare what you find under Lion King to any other IP you feel like searching. We'll wait.

>Wanting to fuck one (count em) 1 bunny makes you a furry.

Zootopia fandom already taught me there are autists who eat up anything creators came up with, even if it's utter garbage.

Now we know how dizny makes movies (steal ideas and mangles them for the mainstream) and I completely lost interest in their animation.

I don't see what major theme they could deal with since they pretty much covered all aspects of racism and left/right politics in the first movie.
Sexism maybe? There's a bunny rapist on the loose and Judy feels it's her job to stop them.

"We've covered racism. What should we do next?"
"How about rape?"

Took them a miracle to actually pull of a billion despite numerous and rushed changes.
I have my doubts they'll pull it off again since I personally can't think of a concept that would orient to the world without rehashing the main idea in the first film.
Then again, the worldbuilding was phenomenal, well-thought-out, and huge.
I really don't want to see that world to go to waste so Disney's gotta play their cards right for it.

fucking kekked

I can only see two options:
-interspieces romance.
-comedy relief gets a spotlight.

What was so "utter garbage" about Zootopia?

>most applicable social commentary
Inter-species relationships springs to mind.

Prejudice first film, end progressively.
Next step is more progressive, push back against it.

I don't think I want to see that movie.

What did you expect, that weave faggot stinks entire fandoms up with his presence

i think he's funny. but he laches on everything that's popular at the moment, where is he now?

>I don't see what major theme they could deal
Really? You arent very creative then.

A list of topics a sequel could touch on (doesnt have to do all mind you):
>Inter-species romance aspect, and nick and judy's relationship specifically
obvious allegory to both interracial and lgbt relations

>Going to other cities/countries (reptile/bird were confirmed from some writer's twitter)
would allow them touch on weather its right to try and solve problems in other places, and even cultural differences/tensions

>Getting Immigrants/ambassadors from other cities/countries
which tends to be a whole other can of racial tension worms with nationalism/national pride

>Going through the election for the new mayor of zootopia.
some anons brought up good points for openly anti prey or anti pred candidates.

>Discussing Judy's literal connection to the mob,
Discussing weather its right for a cop to have them, and you could open the topic of cops getting away with things if its for the greater good?

lethal weapon did a good job making sequels. Just have Nick and Judy uncover another mystery. And make Nick the main character in this one.

>>Inter-species romance aspect, and nick and judy's relationship specifically
>obvious allegory to both interracial and lgbt relations

zootopia is progressive enough, fuck off with this idea.

we all know Nick will blow being a cop and be a private detective in the second film. Would be cool if they started doing genetic engineering in the films. Genetically create a bunny with fangs of a fox

>What would the plot be?
Judy learns that you can get knocked up by a fox and hi-jinks ensue.

they end up on trash TV on an episode of a Jerry Springer like show called I bred with a pred. Everyone labels them degenerates forcing them to leave zootopia to have their child in peace

I hope when Zootopia 2 comes about, there is no mention of Nick and Judy being a couple. That they are purely just good friends.

Also, there's a bird city called Avianopolis.

and a giant bird of prey wants to eat Judy for dinner like in rock-a-doodle. Nick has to save her

Or it turns out he isn't the father!

does anyone even care about this movie at this point? kids found this movie boring, it's more a movie for adults, but it's about animals... so they dont take it seriously.

>Thanks Nick, you saved my life. You really are my best friend.
>Sure am, Carrots.

and they play the music for him to dance around and Nick just sits there looking sad. Everyone is so happy for him. He and Judy aren't won't be bringing an abomination into the world, except he's crushed that Judy betrayed him and he won't be a father

What the fuck are you even talking about?
My nephew and niece loved the film, you can't possibly make a billion of kids didn't like the film.

*if
Well that typo changed my point.

As long as it has fapbait and more bunnies preferrably Judy's litter of lolis ;^) yes. That's the only reason people liked this one anyways. The amount of people who awkwardly admitted they found Judy or Nick kind of hot is staggering and suggests Disney's alterior motives.

most of these people are on Sup Forums or reddit.

>didn't even make it 20 minutes into the movie
>because you were shocked to discover that a Disney princess movie wasn't super original

The wow factor may be gone, but since they're done with most of the technical aspects and they shouldn't be rewriting the whole fucking thing like a year before it's done they should be able to put together a solid story.

it wasnt a "princess" movie.

I was mostly joking obviously but I've genuinely had three or four people seperately confess to me they found one or the other hot. Real life friends and family I mean. Even the normies at ScreenJunkies admitted it on their HonestTrailer video/comment section. I mean, they were designed with sex appeal in mind. It's just shameful sex appeal so most people understandably won't acknowledge it.

There were dresses and an animal sidekick.

It only takes one.

Also, "zoo" can just mean animal. That would make Zootopia "Animal Place". Apt.