Now that the dust has settled, what did we think of this flick Sup Forums?

Now that the dust has settled, what did we think of this flick Sup Forums?

Its kino but its cool to hate it on this board.

Good as entry point to the world of kino when you are 16 years old.

good

It's teenager kino which means it can only be fully appreciated by teenagers and mature adults. Young adults look down on it with disdain as they grapple with growing up and attempt to distance themselves from anything they enjoyed as a teenager. Only once they fully mature and have put some distance between themselves and the film are they able to re-examine it and appreciate it for what it is.

Sup Forums just happens to be full of young adults which is the problem.

I thought it was edgy, try-hard Reddit bullshit even when I was in high school. Being a teenager is no excuse to like this movie

>Now that the dust has settled
>movie is more than 10 years old

>Filmmaker Christopher Nolan stepped in and convinced Newmarket to put it in theaters."[16]

what a guy

try 16

16 is more than 10

required viewing for anyone between 12-16 just because everyone else seems to have watched it

bonus points for making it your "thing" and being known as the autistic donnie darko guy who never shuts the fuck up about it

Reddit wasn't a thing back then retard

You sound just like an edgy adult

I watched it 3 times and still don't understand it

This basically. Everyone who sees it for the first time as a teenager loves it, but people who first watch it in their 20s or later can't get into it.

If it were less known faggots here would love it

They hate on everything that is popular just because muh anti reddit culture

Now how edgy is that

when it came out on dvd i showed it to my depressed then-girlfriend. she cried in the end. we had sex later and then she continued crying because of the ending scene.

It's awful.

you're in good company.
>At the wrap party for the film, Seth Rogen and Jake Gyllenhaal agreed that they had no idea what the movie was about.

fun film but it didn't go anywhere
still remember trying to figure out the ARG in high school

pedant

Anyone saw the sequel? How was it and is it as bad as everyone says?

I really enjoyed it. I saw it after college with no context whatsoever. I had no idea about its meme status or divisiveness. I just saw it as a cool, arty movie with a good soundtrack and feelsy ending. I enjoyed the way that the action has the weight of fate and everything is driven by the internal logic of symbols. Jake is wonderful in it.

It really is terrible.

The dust hasn't settled.

>being known as the autistic donnie darko guy

Literally me