What Atari 2600 game is this?

What Atari 2600 game is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KgM_pzaT6wc?t=59s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This looks like a Westwood RTS cutscene.

Combat

Missile Command

man what is this kino?

>not posting the space battle at start of Episode 3
The CGI there is groundbreaking for 2005. No idea why AoTC didn't have the same look.

>soldiers created for the sole purpose of tactical use
>need to be told to aim for glaringly obvious weak point to stop them from just spraying wherever

BASED GEORGE!
he should have never sold SW to Disney

Starkiller Base was a mobile ice planet located in the Unknown Regions that served as a stronghold of the First Order thirty years after the Battle of Endor. Commanded by an unofficial triumvirate of General Armitage Hux, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma, it was armed with a superweapon capable of destroying entire star systems halfway across the galaxy. The First Order viewed this ability as an evolution of the planet-destroying capabilities of the Galactic Empire's Death Star designs, with the weapon serving as the ultimate culmination of Old Empire research into dark energy translations and hyperspace tunneling.

The planet was ultimately destroyed by a Resistance attack due to a weak point exploited by pilot Poe Dameron, causing the implosion of the entire planet as the superweapon was firing upon the Resistance base on D'Qar. The stored stellar energy then expanded, causing the planet to turn into a star.

it still looks good and is literally amazing for a movie that came out in 2002 and is propably older than OP

>Jedi in charge

Okay

>General in charge

Makes sense

>Random stormtrooper captain in charge

This is not how military ranks work

We're out of rockets.

I really wish Lucas used models enhanced with CGI instead of entirely CGI

Independence Day is a FAR better looking film than this and it's all real

That shit was so retarded holy shit, the betrail of the stormtrooper captain knowing he doomed everyone on the planet, the destruction of a planet by a few bombs trown around the place, the disabling of the shield by a random console with almost no protection. God i hate this movie.

> civilians standing in an open troop transport
> swaying crazily
> asshole has his lightsaber activated and waving around

how many Jedi were missing fingers? or had friends who had big burn holes in their clothes?

i loved that scene. the whole sequence up to crash landing was great

Command & Conquer : Tiberian Dawn

>causing the implosion of the entire planet

> implosion

what about those beam weapons? are you out of beams, too?

but they needed distinct names for the toys you dumb goyim, can't name two different products "general something"

youtu.be/KgM_pzaT6wc?t=59s

I love how at the beginning you can see exactly where the strings are attached to make his cape flutter.

wtf is even happening

Please, tell me how Star Wars shields are supposed to work. I'm sure you studied extensively at Wookiepedia University and got your PhD in theoretical energy shielding

space stuff

Where are the Republic ships? Wouldn't they have needed a massive fleet to carry all those men and ordinance to Geonosis?

They all landed on the planet.

>I really wish Lucas used models enhanced with CGI instead of entirely CGI
>entirely CGI
There were loads of models used, user.

that's kinda sad

shame they managed to fuck it up

Totally. It's totally sad that 'muh practical effect' 'puritans' can't tell the difference between CGI and models.

It's sad that even with models it looked like shit.

Thanks for proving my point. Practicals are no better than CGI. It's how they're designed, made, used and so on. On top of that there's good lighting, acting, editing, cuts and angles and shit.

Phasma is obviously the enlisted man. He's the E9.
>but why is Phasma a Captain
The only explanation for this, is that they are using Navy ranks because Navy ranks make no fucking sense.

Then why does the original trilogy look better.

Re-read what I said.

The OT doesn't look that great either now days. There are plenty of areas that look like shit.

gribbles and weathering mostly

>practicals aren't better except when they are

It looks fine and ten times better than the prequels.
The dated visuals are fine since they're from 40 years ago while the prequels are fromt 15 years ago.

It all looks like shitty CGI to me

>It looks fine and ten times better than the prequels.
No, it doesn't, and I'm not talking about the special editions either.
>b-but it's fine because it's old!
That has got to be the worst defense I've ever heard.

Yes it does.

They are fine since they look fine, and it's understandable because they are older. The prequels effects look worse and that's 30 years after the OT.

Repeating yourself doesn't make you right.

>westwood is dead
>rts games are dead

Why did you make me feel these feels?

Seeing as how you aren't paying any attention to what i say, repeating is all i can do. I guess it takes multiple posts for you to finally understand an argument.

>no it doesn't
>worst defense
great arguments you got

But he is right

friendly reminder Ep 2 had clitoris balconies before they became cool

Lucas fucked it all up by shooting digital in fucking 2000.

>the effects are great and are far better
>b-but it's old so it's understandable!
I'm not the one contradicting myself sweetheart.

Again, better than the prequels. And yes, it's understandable since those movies came out 40 fucking years ago.

Meanwhile shit like the webms all over this thread look worse and is from 15 years ago.

Is there a single good scene in AotC?

God I fucking hate RotJ, looks worse than the original film.

>trying to argue a 40 year old movie looks worse than a 15 year old one
>when they both look like shit
The prequels should alteast look better and they don't, in some scenes they look worse like the other user said.

Second

Because it was heavily edited after. Find the earliest versions of ep 4 or 6 and see how shitty they looked

>implying i watch any other OT version other than the despescialized one
I have and i still stand by my comment.

>holster glitches

what did he meme by this?

>this denial
This , , and still look better that the OT webm.

That's what I said. I said that they both looked like shit today. It's the other guy who kept using "oh but it's old" as an excuse and claiming the effects look amazing when they mostly don't. They were only amazing at the time of release because they were ground breaking effects back then.

Name a movie with better CGI in 2002?

>claiming the effects look amazing
>it looks fine

This is why i had to repeat myself because you can't fucking read.

matrix had better cg and it was 3 years before

>tfw you watched all the prequels on Divx cd's on a 15 inch CRT monitor, and you never realized how shit it looked.

Fucking hell

>Implying the originals look worse than the special editions.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Minority Report

You can't really compare the couple special effects that used cgi with a movie that is almost completely an animation.

Besides machine drones look like shit in matrix too except that they are in the dark all the time.

i feel bad for the clones.
>be born
>half of your life is training
>half of your life is fighting
>that's fucking it
What happens if they survive the war?

>The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Watch the scene when the trees take down the damn, and tell me it doesn't look like shit?

>Minority report

wtf?

>Harry potter

are you gay?

They reached adulthood in 10 years, so they'd die of old age pretty fast after the war.

They still have objectively way better CGI than AotC.

>someone with shit eye vision claiming others can't read
wew lad

attack of the clones = master level kino. Too deep for anti-art Sup Forums brainlets

>shit eye visions
>thinks prequels look better than OT
LMAOing @ ur life

Forced retirement.

>thinks prequels look better than OT
But I never said that.

most of Matrix was practical effects with CGI to embelish. Star Shit could have done exactly the same, but chose not to, which is why it looks like shit and Matrix still looks good today.

>spaceships fighting from spitting distances like ships from 1600s
Bravo

neither have i
learn to read bic

This looked so cool at the time, now it looks corny as fuck and kinda sours my enjoyment of the prequels
Not like I ever enjoyed AOTC anyways, but still

Is it true that the actors had some kind of a bet that who could act the worst with Lucas approving it?

Maybe they need to keep the ships so close to the planet so the CIS can't just exit hyperspeed behind them

>I was only pretending!

Can't be. No actor would try to damage their own career because of some dumb bet.

That's how stars get born, implosion of matter.

>you'll never be a clone fighting for whats right
removing jedi scum from the face of the earth

disney flicks will never reach this level of autismal perfection & artistry

>tfw denying the enemy transport