Which one's better Sup Forums

Which one's better Sup Forums

The second one

I have noticed how these streotypical token black characters gradually vanishing from media as time went on.

What happened?

They aren't a funny stereotype for cartoons anymore to exploit, now its Calarts

we finished shipping them to Liberia

I can´t really pick one, the old design looks more appealing but may be because his pose is more dynamic, the new version has is more detailed but when I think in Gerald I think in tall and skinny and his new design doesn´t project neither of those qualities. Not saying that is a bad design, by itself It looks good, but side by side with the original is when the difference beging to nag me.

Left is more dynamic and projects more personality, so that's the one I prefer. It's nice that newer character designs and art styles are cleaner and more polished, but they often end up looking generic and lack style because of it. It's a trade off and a symptom of animation evolving, what can you do?

I don't get it?

Where's the one on the right from?

They're pretty much identical.

The upcoming Jungle movie.

The Jungle Movie, I guess

Jungle Movie. Everyone's getting a slight redesign.

Have any more redesigns been released?

>that arnold redesign
FOR WHAT PURPOSE

Craig probably got tired of people asking him if it was a kilt

>dem flat poses

Some are getting released tomorrow, apparently.
Only ones out now are , plus Grandpa and Abner.

>dat argyle sweater

I'm ready

>left
Nicest guy you'll ever meet.
>right
Twisted fucking psychopath.

Helga has boobs?

She's the Secretary General of the itty bitty titty comittee

I feel and fear the animation in the right one with be stiff while the right is better animation wise.

Left

Sticks out like a sore thumb to me too.

He was nether stereotypical nor a token character.

I assume this takes place in 1997 still.

Sometimes I wonder what constitutes a "token black" character these days since the term is used so loosely. There are a lot of black best friend characters- do they all count, even if they have a personality? Is it if they're the only black cast memeber? What if they're as developed/underdeveloped as every other main character?

He was somewhat stereotypical, considering the hairdo, the sports jersey, being considered the "cool guy" character, etc. It wasn't nearly as obvious as other shows, but it was there a little bit.

I'd say Hey Arnold! was the best show I can remember at having a purposely very diverse cast without being in any way preachy or insufferable about it. It felt pretty organic, like that was an accurate sampling of people you'd get from a neighborhood in their New York/San Francisco/whatever mashup city.

I think this results from the show being semi-autobiographical.

Makes sense.

I thought Arnold was the cool guy character.

He was to an extent, but he was more of the "everybody's best friend" character. He was the guy people go to when they need help with things. I think there was actually an episode about that.

Did they really need to bring back Arnold?

Why cant people leave things alone

Its similar enough that I don't care.

He was basically black arnold, but not nearly as good guy perfect.

He didn't have arnold autism and still acted like a kid.

Gerald looks like his older brother now

Im assuming they've been aged up a bit now

He was Clyde, shielded by nostalgia edition.

That'd still be a bit weird, since the newer design actually looks a bit younger to me.

First one is less likely to get shot.

>cares enough about HA to feel upset about a revival
>somehow doesn't know what the Jungle Movie is