What do you think about the leader

what do you think about the leader

Even Jeffery Combs voicing him in EMH couldn't make me care. I was actually a bit miffed about that.

He's been voiced by Matt Frewer and Jeffrey Combs, two God Tier character actors. And he's still boring.

I'd still welcome his return in the MCU, though. If only because I hate dropped plot threads.

But he was great. Even if Matt Frewer's version is more iconic.

I like him a lot, especially when you have Hulk as more of a protagonist. Leader's cool and makes bio-horrors and will think your thoughts for you.

A knock-off Hector Hammond. And Hammond sucks.

He could be a MCU villain.

NANANANANANAN NANANA LEADER

LEADER

I think we kinda missed the boat on that one, and it's rather telling that almost nobody remembers.

He can be used well. And he had some minor awesome moments looong ago. But people don't really know how to use him anymore.

>tfw too intelegant for marvel comics

the leader is really cool

comparatively he's a moron to all the other super geniuses
but he has a really good success rate against the hulk and understands him. he's been burned fucking around with the hulk many times but has never been deterred unlike so many others

I think that's more a testament to the character not really working with anyone else and Hulk's rogues gallery being shit-tier.

Even as a kid I thought he was boring.

if there was a story, even a 'what if?' of Leader teaming up with Mad Thinker and other criminal super intellects to enact an organized plan of taking out heroes and grabbing control, I'd read the hell out of it.
I'd only be happy with it though if the classic foil of "once the job is done, your allies will turn on you" shtick that heroes use to unravel things was stopped cold in its tracks by the masterminds making a lasting agreement.

I don't understand why he is so misused.

As a kid I saw Hulk, strongest there is. I saw he had a villain called the Leader, made smart instead of strong by gamma radiation. I thought, my god he must be unspeakably smart as Hulk is strong.

Nope.

And why in the fuck not?

I can´t understand how Hulk is the strongest one there is (I know he's actually not, but still pretty close) and yet the Leader isn´t the smartest one there is when their powers come form a very similar source.

Because it requires better writing than is traditionally used for such a character. In the case of guys like Wizard, MODOK, and Mad Thinker, you can justify it as them not being quite as smart as they think they are.

Also, does anybody else remember an old comic that was the mindfuck hallucinations of the guy that rigged the gamma bomb to blow incorrectly, imagining himself fighting and then becoming the Hulk?

gamma rays are retarded, they do whatever

anybody who says 'oh actually they amplify the latent part of the guy's personality matrix and make them into whatever they subconsciously want to be', bullshit fanwank

>if there was a story, even a 'what if?' of Leader teaming up with Mad Thinker and other criminal super intellects to enact an organized plan

Based Jeff Parker did that already...

You really don't like comic books do you?

Like most villains he just needs a good writer and a interesting plot.
Why not see how He and Cho square off? Or have him take advantage of all the bullshit going on.

What does he lead, exactly?

I do, that's why I'm saying that saying gamma works like x is bs

He had his own secret country in the Antarctic for a while.

>Leader
>Tyrannus
>Mole Man
>Bi-Beast

What is it with Hulk villains and secret hidden cities?

I think that was Incredible Hulk 300 or something.

Professor Hulk captured him and was watching him hallucinate the whole thing until that Russian cape team came to rescue him.

That he's #2 to Abomination.

He's bizarre because he contrasts with Hulk heavily as the intellectual while Hulk is brute force. Which has always seemed strange because he's the antagonist, but the classic moral of the story is that brain beats brawn.

Another important moral: Brainy people can be assholes too.

in current issues is he the cone head version or the brain head version?

whichever one was in the 90s incredible hulk cartoon was great

Found it, thanks!

Ah.

Not 300, 30th anniversary.

Shameful, since I have that issue.

The Leader is good

The Leader is great

We surrender our will as of this date

The frewer one was fantastic
shit, combs would also work. i could totally hear that

gamma rays are some of the best most sensible scifishit in comics

I vaguely remember this. Didn't part of their plan involve forcing Banner to turn into the Hulk, just because they saw the Hulk as the lesser threat?

They also wanted his gamma I think.

>I'M NOT TRAPPED IN HERE WITH YOU

he was pretty cool in thunderbolts

>selfless genius with an explosive temperament stemming from childhood trauma, and superpowers scaled to its severity
>bitter ex-wageslave with artificially enhanced super-brain and a major sense of entitlement + power hangups
>one is written off as a violent "monster" by everyone, despite more or less being misunderstood, while the other could potentially solve any of mankind's worst problems in an afternoon but chooses to be a fucking faggot megalomaniac instead
I feel like there's some potential for a GOAT hero/villain relationship somewhere in that, but I don't feel that writers have charted it out as far as they could've. Still, I'd prefer a mediocre Leader story over "Hulk vs. [2nd strongest their is]" plot any day.

marry me if you're cute

Underrated and underused.

>pepe becomes to intelligent.jpg

>tfw too intelligent to beat Hulk

>Powers are super intelligence
>Still less intelligent than non-super powered smart normies Reed and Doom
>And Thinker
>And Amadeus Cho
>And Hank Pym
>And Blue Marvel
>And Bruce Banner

But yea he's SUPER-smart, just not as smart as all those not so super smart guys.

>tfw head looks like a giant green ballsack and still can't crack any top ten lists

Maybe if he did something else than just be smart.

Like if he was more like Forge and could just build anything at all even if he had no real idea how it worked or what the science behind the device was. It was all instinct to him.

Or if he just had psychic powers that could dominate minds and that whole "Leader" title wold have a bit more meaning.

The Leader, the Mad Thinker, and MODOK have all had their intelligence artificially enhanced, which is why they're on par with the 10 ten lists but aren't counted on them.

Face it. They suck. They had to team-up as "the Intelligencia" just to make a bid for respect.

And isn't Leader red now?

Still, you would think the guys who had their brains enhanced to super levels and increased in size to that of beach balls would be better in the brain department than Doom and Reed.

It's as if Hulk despite being enhanced was still weaker than Daredevil because he is a naturally gifted athlete who does pushups every day.

Doom and Reed aren't normally intelligent I'd say.

Doom has practiced magic for very long, it probably opened his mind some. And I've always though part of Reed's mutation was intelligence. He was smart, but he wasn't opening gateways to other dimensions and realities before his accident. Just like he can stretch and shape his body to solve problems, his mind too must have expanded in the accident. Makes what happened to Ben all the more tragic though.

Can we have a stand alone hulk movie with the leader as the villain please? Just have the hulk be framed by a "evil" hulk". Have hulk and banner have to work together to find the evil hulk and to stop him then have a convenient fire where the evil hulks skin melts off and he's a robot . Have banner figure out that the leader is behind it,have hulk go to the leader's lair, through traps then some other hulkbots fight hulk. Reveal that the leader wanted the hulk here so he could cure banner but at the same time the leader would receive hulk powers. Have banner figure out that too late,have him trick leaderhulk to get his power back and thus his curse. Hell put Jen in there,have her hide Bruce for a while and get hurt in the first hulkbot fight.She is in a coma,have banner give her a blood transfusion and the end credits scene is her eyes opening AMD being green/veiny. BAM a good hulk stand alone movie.

Hi newfag, Doom was not magic and never touched that shit ever until around 04-ish.

Before that he spent the better part of 40 years as the premiere smart guy who hated bothering with things like magic.

I think they have actually mentioned Reed somehow being able to rewire his neurons or some bullshit to optimize his cerebral functions. If that was the case (and is still canon) then Doom was by far the more naturally intelligent, since as far as I know he never needed a mindhax to rival Richards' genius.

also known as Doc Cucumber