Will disney ever do a monkey king story?

Will disney ever do a monkey king story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XT0tBKB2_PA
youtube.com/watch?v=NQRKVTH_xcc
chron.com/news/nation-world/article/Chinese-ask-Why-didn-t-we-make-Kung-Fu-Panda-1596753.php
globaltimes.cn/content/965910.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=uzucDzycjSA
youtube.com/watch?v=mbbJXhAMaxQ
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Monkey-King-Hero-Is-Back
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Little-Door-Gods
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It'd be simplified and altered considering its themes of Buddhism

China will burn Hollywood down

If they don't Dreamworks might. China is a cashcow that's willing to thrown gobs of cash at American studios because there's this existing stigma that Western Studios do China better than Chinese do.

Ever since Kung Fu Panda, they don't trust themselves to do things right. Even when they do.

I'll be honest, before I clicked in the picture I thought that was Mike Myers as the monkey king

I'd rather not.
I really would rather they did not.
The concept of the Monkey King and his crew singing musicals is revolting to me.

That said, it'll probably happen.

But nobody does cheesy special effects kung fu movies than china though.

If they can get Jamie and Damon on board to do an animated version of their broadway musical version it may not be too bad
youtube.com/watch?v=XT0tBKB2_PA

Yeah but in terms of story and animation quality, they still feel Americans do it better. It causes them no end of embarrassment.

Hopefully they adapt Siegfried if they do

>don't even need to add a animal comic relief because they already have enough characters for that

Chris Farley?

>Dreamworks doing a Journey to the West movie
>It's basically Kung Fu Panda meets Road to El Dorado
I'd see it twice, at least.

And it hasn't already?

I thought it was Trump.

I want this now more than ever.

>The concept of the Monkey King and his crew singing musicals is revolting to me.

So you've never seen "Alakazam the Great"?

youtube.com/watch?v=NQRKVTH_xcc

There'll be Chinese Drider chicks trying to rape chaste Monks right?

>Everybody likes their own brand, don't they?
-Sun Wukong

Maui was basically the Monkey King

I thought the Chinese complained about it because they thought it was basically a typical children's western cartoon with no Chinese values at all?

That's the Trickster God Archetype most cultures have.

Nope. That was the reason some tried to boycott it before release. Then it was revealed he was just a guy that sold panda themed underwear and was full of shit.

chron.com/news/nation-world/article/Chinese-ask-Why-didn-t-we-make-Kung-Fu-Panda-1596753.php

>there's this existing stigma that Western Studios do China better than Chinese do.
It was so bad that Chinese preferred to watch the English version of KFP3 instead of their version even though it was a co-production.

globaltimes.cn/content/965910.shtml

>pregnant tigress
Where can I get more of this?

I thought it was Trump as well

Oddly enough that's the header image in a site about Chinese Tours.

I would love if Disney did a Monkey King movie.
Well, I would love if anyone made more Monkey King.
I fucking love Sun Wukong.

Well till then we got Hero is Back.

And, now I know what I'm watching tonight.
I just need to find it.

How are the recent chinese adaptations? The trailers look kinda goofy.

What movies are you watching trailers for?

Of the recent movies, I've seen Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons (2013) and The Monkey King (2014). The former is a goofy kung fu movie by Stephen Chow. The latter is a beautiful, but disjointed movie. It feels like it's part of a larger narrative, but it stands well on its own.

Journey to the West is a pretty goofy novel to begin with.

MIKE MYERS IS

This reminds me of that Movie Theater in Shanghai that used someone's fan art of Thor as a movie poster.

>realizing marketing would come up with some stupid name for it because Journey to the West isn't catchy enough and The Monkey King is too similar to The Lion King

Momotaro fits Disney more

"The Legend of Wukong"
"Wukong"
"Pride - and a Monkey"
"Poled"
"Monk, Monkey"
"Great Sage"
"Travel West"
"Iron Fan"

>"Pride - and a Monkey"

>mfw it took me a moment to realize via the costume that wasn't portman

Fuck that story, it has been redone to death already.

How about the name "Dragon Ball?"

Stephen Chow's take on Journey to the West is pretty good.

why not the other 3 4 great novels like
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Water Margin
or Dream of the Red Chamber?

RoTK and Water Margin are way too big of a story to be a single movie.

This. Though I didn't see the play, the Gorillaz illustrations were pretty eye-catching too

Maybe it's the nostalgia but the 1986 TV series is still the best in my opinion.
youtube.com/watch?v=uzucDzycjSA

It always seemed so weird to me just how everyone was stunned that the US can make decent Chinese movies.

As if there were not millions of Chinese living in the US and has been since the early 1800's. It's not like they are some really teeny tiny minority and Chinese people are encountered once or twice ever. A sizeable portion of the US is Chinese. So no shit they can make films of Chinese stories and do them well.

I thought that was Canada

Well it was still a surprise since Mulan was basically a western cartoon with a Chinese paint job. Then KFP comes along, with its accurate depiction of kung-fu styles, the sichuan province, and their old beliefs, mainlanders were left asking

>If we have all that stuff, why didn't we do it first?!

No, Canada has lots of Koreans.

Same way Snow White was not overly Germanic, or Cinderella was not incredibly French in how they appeared culturally. Could anyone even tell Little Mermaid took place in Denmark?

Cute ones?

i must know i'm moving there soon

Kinda sorta? Depends on what you mean by cute.

You mean filled out in the right places then yeah. If you mean 'Korean-Air-stewardess' thin, very few.

What is this from?

The start of Monkey King: Hero is Back

youtube.com/watch?v=mbbJXhAMaxQ

>monkey king

You want a movie about a Dota 2 item?

China has made ten thousand monkey king movies. I don't see why Disney couldn't make one.

>That one Momotaro doujin where he fucks the demons

Where the hell do you even find this? I want to watch this and Little Door Gods quite badly.

Which one? there a lot about that

Monkey King
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Monkey-King-Hero-Is-Back

Little Door Gods
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Little-Door-Gods