Dancer in the Dark

Has anyone else seen this terrible fucking movie?

It shocks me that people actually rate this fucking shit film.

Yea a lot of us have, kid. What's your FUCKING problem exactly?

everyone's seen it you cunt

either 3/10 bait or plebeian simpleton

I saw it for the fist time the other day. No idea it existed before.

judging by the poster, and bjork, did you think it was going to be good?

I would say it's one of the worst films I've ever seen.

From the cameras, the story, the characters, the acting. It's just bunch of bullshit.

I went into it blind only being told that it was for snooty nose in the air liberal art people

i've seen it. it's bad but not terrible
I rate it 4/10

its a 8/10

if you dont get it, you dont get it.

its legit one of the more evocative, raw and expressive movies out there, it really bummed me out what happened to the protagonist. Bjork did excellent in the movie, idk what your problem is. Maybe you cant understand musicals or need more straight forward handholding action movies?

The Chinese film "To Live" had more emotion than that shit performance.

The musical numbers were forced and not organic. Whole thing felt fake. Has the director even been the US?

It's a masterpiece honestly

Personal 10/10

you're tripping yourself up over how realistic the movie should be when in fact its just an art performance/theatre play with bjork's OTT style all over it

it could be set in america or russia or finland. It really doesnt matter besides the point that she is an struggling immigrant in the story.

I am told that in fact they filmed some scenes in McDonald on the Liberty Island, but they were forced to remove them from the final cut, because it was offensive towards American Dream (not executing it well enough).

Personally as a US citizen I was really disappointed with the portrayal of regular American citizens in comparison to the immigrant scum.

I rate it 2/10, because at least there was some blood and death.

imo this movie is just one of the things you either really like or dislike
to a "feeling" person with lots of sensibilities, this is straight up kino
to a "thinking" person who tends to deconstruct and examine things closely it probably wouldnt work as well

>I would say it's one of the worst films I've ever seen.
Wow, no hyperbole? Have you only seen Daddy's Home and The Dark Knight or something? Anyway, learn how to express yourself better if you want to be taken seriously.

Lars Von Trier has a fear of flights, so he's been to the US. But he says that it doesn't matter, because the US feed the rest of the world with culture and impressions. So it's not hard to get a picture of it

>lars von trier
That was your first mistake.

>giving a higher score just because there was blood and death

>these are the people who surf Sup Forums

FFS

It's obviously an exaggeration, but the movie is fucking shit all around.

It's up there with the worst movies I've ever seen.

*never been

I have no idea what you mean...

how about you stop jamming your sentences full of expletives and express yourself properly

"its shit because its shit" is not a legit argument

Who the hell greenlit her "Czechoslovakian" accent?
Why make the character that nationality if she can't do the voice?

oh please tell us your top 5 movies. Im sure we'll be all amazed by your excellent taste.

Sorry little baby that my swear words hurt your eyes.

It's a shit movie all around. From cameras used, going from documentary to still/wide shots. Makes no sense.

The story is barely, barely believable. Even then it's just cringey and awkward to watch.

Bjork is awful and the fact people think she did such an amazing performance baffles me.

>I went into it blind
I *see* what you did there
>The Dark Knight
c'mon man it's not that bad, TDKR was even worst.
>From the cameras, the story, the characters, the acting
Cinematography is on point actually, depressing af.
Story is quite regular
Characters and acting really elevate the film. It's a depressive musical and I actaully felt bad for the character by the end. I didn't like the songs either, but that's my personal negative in an otherwise good film.

>From cameras used, going from documentary to still/wide shots. Makes no sense.
That made perfect sense.

I like your input the most out of everyone here. I agree I'm coming across harshly, but I just really hate the movie.

For me, it's going to be documentary or that "cloverfield" look, to use that term, I would prefer it stay that way.

The random musical number in the factory made no sense and didn't do anything for me.

its a musical with human performances. Either you get it, or you dont, in which case you should just chill and accept the fact that the movie wasnt made for you. Theres no problem with the quality of the footage, it actually adds to the mood of worn out dreariness.

It was a vanity project for a shitty musician who hipsters love. what did you expect?

you must be fun at dinner parties

Was Bjork's character supposed to be mentally challenged, or was that just bad writing?

this

It's just how she looks combined with Trier's autism. All people from these protestant countries are autistic as fuck.

>all this hate
Idec, I still love it

her hardships combined with the fact she wasn't supposed to speak good english made her look like that I think. She just couldn't communicate with the others well, while when she is alone she shows emotions of fear, sadness and despair to be considered autistic without being hysteric(but maybe I am dumb and confusing autism with another mental illness though)

Board has been overrun by plebs. Gonna have to just get used to it.

David Morse's death scene is amazing.

Everything that could possibly go wrong goes wrong for a perfect woman with zero flaws.
But get this though... it's a musical?!?
edgy trash.

So you are saying men will hate it but women and faggots will love it? Got it.

i think it's pretty good to be honest... but it didn't have a rewatching value, for me it's a one time only experience.

You're right, Lars von Trier is a talentless hack.

Ignore the plebs in denial trying to intimidate you with their imdb movie buff taste.

If this isn't bait, I suggest you kill yourself, plebshit.

>a perfect woman with zero flaws
She's blind though, faggot