Why do climate change deniers hate his movie?

Why do climate change deniers hate his movie?

Why does this guy keep getting budgets?

He's an actual retard.

No one cares about bogus 'climate change' or this stupid movie Hollywood seems to be going out of It's way to slander.

Fake news all around. sage & hide

Didn't jennifer larence specifically tell Trump supporters not to see this movie? Sounds like Darren doesn't want to admit his movie bombed because his wife is a cunt

no she said that the hurricanes was mother nature's revenge on humanity for voting for trump

>watch one episode of Rick and Morty

I AM A MAN OF SCIENCE

Look at his nose

This guy is turning into everything brainlets accuse Zack Snyder of being - a pretentious, preachy, self-important dipshit with no finesse.

what does that even mean?

A lot of jews in the world, not all of them get the amount of chances he gets.

Dude it's very simple. Think about it for a few seconds, i believe in you.

Just like watching a cyst being cut open is interesting, the film Mother! is interesting to watch. It doesn't make either of the two things 'good'. Hell, I'd say that draining a cyst is better than Mother! is as a film.

>bogus

>rejecting science
>when your movie is nothing but retelling the bible

?????????????????

Some pretentious bullshit who cares

This.

That he unknowingly gave us a two-hour long confession to being a narcissistic emotional vampire who will suck his inspiration dry, cast them aside for the adulation of the masses, and keep the remnant of their heart on his mantlepiece like a trophy.

Ok I think I got it. I think Richard is saying the movie is interesting because of how bad it is not because of the reasons Darren thinks its interesting.

>>when your movie is nothing but retelling the bible

Wrong, that's the text you mongoloid(s)
There exists in media subtext. Not as much meme value, but that's the deal.

>tfw Lynch is the only successful surrealist in the box office

LYNCHED

I dont think Snyder is pretentious, at least not in the way Aronosky is. I'm pretty sure he can at least admit that he likes slo-mo and fetish costumes and blood just because he thinks it's cool and doesn't have a deeper meaning.

Zaddy is ambitious not pretentious. Brainlets mistake his true of heart passion for fakeness. Such a tragedy.

stages of grief: DENIAL

It's both. It's a retelling of biblical stories and an angry cautionary tale about global warming

And it fucking sucks as a movie.

psychoanalysis is one hell of a drug

oy vey

No before that she said she didn't want them watching her movies ya pinhead

He's the only successful surrealist because he grounds his surrealism in characters we can empathize with. Unlike most surrealists where their characters are just faceless puppets dancing grotesquely to the director's masturbatory fever dreams.

Aww, it's literally neither of those. You simply did not get this film. That's ok, a lot of the audience didnt. Learn how to watch and understand cinema a bit then come back to it if you'd like.

>he grounds his surrealism in characters we can empathize with
You pulled that out of your ass, this makes no sense and i wonder if you've watched any Lynch at all or understand surrealism.
Do you sympathize with the protag in Eraserhead? Inland Empire? Lost Highway?

The protag in Eraserhead is litterally Lynch dealing with the birth of his child. Even Lynch said it's incredibly simple

Great, but empathy plays no part

"I believe in science" says the moron and the entire scientific world cringes in unison.

i think the only sympathetic characters in any of lynch's films are the protags in eraserhead and mulholland dr
>Do you sympathize with the protag in Eraserhead?
literally one of the most sympathetic characters of all time

If you understand it so well, what's the yellow potion?

I know, and that fact along with every single interview he's given make you look like an intellectual fraud who only looks for depth when someone tells you to.

Really makes you think

how can i reject science?

>I didnt get it so no one could have!

>“Mother!” is Darren Aronofsky’s “Stardust Memories,” his vehemently exaggerated satire on the burdens of fame. And for anyone who thought that Woody Allen’s 1980 film looked a gift horse in the mouth, critiquing fame from within its comfortable confines, “Mother!” tops it—it’s the cinematic version of an equine root canal. The films’ similarities in intent and differences in degree emerge in one aspect in particular: while “Stardust Memories” doesn’t exactly flatter Allen’s character, in Aronofsky’s film the artist—freed from direct identification with Aronofsky’s own persona—comes off as an ingratiating monster. “Mother!” is the story of a mid-career male artist—a writer, played by Javier Bardem—whose conjoined qualities of celebrity and vanity give rise to a uniquely destructive power. For Aronofsky, the calculus is cruel: the adoring crowd is motivated by a greedy and cavalier selfishness that is sought, enabled, nourished, sustained, and encouraged by the artist himself. His film flirts with the ridiculous and sometimes falls into it—though to ridicule it, or Aronofsky, for doing so is to miss both the point and the pleasure.

The dude is plunged into fatherhood with a monstrous sickly child. How do you not empathize?

>t.brainlet who cant distinguish pretentiousness vs subtle allegory

Ok this makes literally no sense
>It's bad on purpose
yeah, no

Who wrote this nonsense?

DUDE BIBLICAL METAPHORS LMAO

>If i use big words it must be good

He's still in Noah–mode.

>dude he's talking about sacrificing himself while there's a stained glass of jesus in the background
So subtle

Didnt see that one either. Not paying to see Hollywood make fun of the bible thanks.

Not that user but Superman has always been very expressly a Moses/Jesus figure and the allusion was apt. Just because you're identifying it was so triggering doesnt make it less so.

Noah wasn't good, but it didn't make fun of the Bible.

Americans are pathetic.

Ok well thats what they said about this one two

>Do you sympathize with the protag in Eraserhead? Inland Empire? Lost Highway?

You don't?

i guess hurricanes didn't exist until trump moved into the white house, just like black people never starred in movies and tv shows until 2017. last 30-40 years basically never happened because reasons.

Why do I get the feeling that nu-Sup Forums has the tendency to agree with every review now. I could have sworn it wasn't like this before.

That guy is pretentiousness incarnate.

That article (which you didn't write) says the movie is an exaggerated pity party about how hard it is to be a famous artist, coming from a man who is not as famous nor as artful as he thinks.

w-what?

I know you're memeing, but I seriously wonder where the people who believe this are getting their ideas from.

>I will speak in symbolisms and vague analogies to appear smarter

>(which you didn't write)
You are astute after all huh? Good job.

it's one of those "that sounded better in my head" type of things

facebook tweeter

He thought he made The Wrestler, but he didn't. David Fincher actually directed it. Darren had a bad fever at the time and merely hallucinated that he had been involved at all.

Having your stone faced self-hating personality lacking superman think about sacrifice in a church does not magically charge your movie with purpose and meaning.

Is this for real? Jesus christ

What's your point anyways? You're just stumbling over yourself trying to call people out for being stupid but you're not saying anything at all.

Honestly I think people didn't like this movie because everyone is so pussified now.
Seriously there's nothing that makes this movie bad.

I'm stumbling over myself, right. I greentexted a review and you made sure to tell me i didnt write it. Good job! My point, which admittedly has very little meme value so have at it, is the religious iconography is inconsequential and the climate change stuff not at all applicable. This is very a 'mid-life crisis' film, an 8 1/2 or stardust memories, in which the director reflects on his career and takes himself to task for his less savory attributes, romantic life, creative process.

Yeah, no. Their going around saying its about global warming so your shit out of luck.

The film is better in his head, rather than it just being good in reality.

huh?

I got it. All of it. What was preachy and intentional and what was subtle and arguably unconscious, and of the two of us, I can say with absolute certainty what Mother's tonic represented, what its message is, and why it's laughably transparent to anyone with an actual intellect to speak of and why that's a ride to which neither you nor Aronofsky have sufficient currency for the fare.

Prove me wrong.

Turns out if you go to his twitter and looked, he elaborated extensively. Also his review of the movie explains it too.

>I can say with absolute certainty what Mother's tonic represented
>doesn't say what it represented in your opinion

I asked you first, chickenshit. You're the one claiming to have "gotten" what I did not, so prove it. Swing for the fences, slugger. Try not to strike out. You have an audience, after all.

I loved how he managed to piss everyone off with this movie.
>Religious people hate it for mocking religion
>Brainlets hate it because it isn't straightforward
>Pretentiousfags hate it for not being deep enough
>Normalfags hate it because it was marketed as a horror movie
>Feminist hate it because the final sequenece is Jeffiner Lawrence getting punched and insulted
Meanwhile he's in full B-BUT YOU DIDN'T GET IT mode

This is exactly how I felt about Kinski Paganini (Not that anyone on Sup Forums has seen that, just wanted to share)

SCIENCE!

what the fuck are you talking about?

if you didn't understand the movie don't come here and start insulting people that did understand it, you fucking Rick and Morty fan.

climate change?

top zozzle

Movie is a mess, he's a good director but a terrible writer.

I mean, you don't need to go biblical on something that The Day After Tomorrow made with ease.

You're conflating at least a couple different anons, sport.

Doesn't really matter. You're both ducking the question.

Didn't piss me off, I had a smile throughout. Deliciously tense, bold creative vision.

Truly don't know what you want to hear at this point besides the sound of your own voice, champ.
>P-prove the movie's good, prove it!
>N-not like that!

underrated reply

if mother nature hates trump why did she kill mexicans with an earthquake? checkmate mother!

those mexicans weren't on USA grounds, tho

This is correct

so... is it worth watching or not

>make religious copy pasta
>call it science

Don't pay for it. His self-absorbed ass did not earn it.

Read the thread, that would be a no

This, so far this year only Nolan has earned by attention and money

Ironic considering hurricane Harvey hit a Clinton county the worst.

>This is exactly how I felt about Kinski Paganini (Not that anyone on Sup Forums has seen that, just wanted to share)

WRONG

Well it looks like i'll be taking a pass on this one thanks

>tfw under the most dire predictions for global warming the weather in my area will improve and we'll get more rain finally making this place somewhat habitable
for me, global warming is awesome