Snyder's DC films are the equivalent to Zelda: Wind Waker...

Snyder's DC films are the equivalent to Zelda: Wind Waker. The world reacts negatively because NOT MUH!!! but will later learn to realize that it deserves to be ranked among the best of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/investing/2016/09/08/how-much-is-the-walt-disney-company-worth.aspx
rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_america_civil_war/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good comparison

(this will trigger Sup Forums)

having two mother have the same first name, truly the stuff of legends.

Maybe. Or maybe not. Maybe we will remember The Amazing Spider-man 2 as a cult classic that was only received negatively at the time because the world wasn't ready for it.

Or maybe not.

>Snyder's DC films are the equivalent to Zelda: Wind Waker
So what's Twilight Princess and how soon until I get that?

Except everyone loved the Windwaker when it was released because it was good. The only problem anybody ever had was the art style.

If your looking for anything to fit your (false) narrative than TP probably fits better.

A storm is brewing

I'm related to a reviewer who got over $5000 worth in "gifts" along with her press screening ticket just for Civil War. And that just the gift basket, dunno what else they gave her.

A contract signed before (sometime around 2013) by her and probably other reviewers forbids her to mention the "gifts" or disclose the contract itself, along with asking them add the word "fun" to their reviews of marvel movies and to give disfavorable mentions to films that directly compete with the Marvel features.

The thing is that as long as the movies are actually "fun" they don't mind. It will take for a major disaster in some new Marvel movie for some of them to actually turn on Disney and disclose the shenanigans going on.

When this happens, its over for the mouse and probably for the "film journalism" industry as well, as she told me this kinds of deals go back to the 90s when Disney needed to regain the monopoly on animation features.

>it deserves to be ranked among the best of all time.

The best what? I hope you don't mean movies.

>The WB has deposited 0.10 into your account, don't forget to #SupportTheDCEU

It's really more like like Mega Man X7 where it tries to do something that the other games didn't do but fails in flying colors since the creative minds thought that cramming it in without actually developing it into something good would merit the same results as doing actual work.

So was Sucker Punch Majora's Mask?

People that mock the Martha scene are so played out. It's as dumb as mocking Aquaman for talking to fish.

I LITERALLY have Zero Fucking Doubt there are hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars, being deposited on so-called "Reviewer's" PayPal accounts as we speak, from some silly Disney subsidiary (if it was named Funtime Inc. it would be too poetic) that is too well hidden to prove anything because this is a conspiration.

This is how this happens.

This how a giant corporation kills an artistic medium.

You are fucking seeing it: form opinions on drones without giving them a chance to make up their mind utilizing propaganda. Anyone not on Disney's pocket and with a working brain will acknowledge Captain America: Civil War is really rehashed storytelling stolen from DC with absolutely not an ounce of innovation.

If anything WB was right about "normies" being unable to GET BvS and being conditioned to gladly eat any quipfest Disney shits out.

Zach Snyder elevated the genre into something more abstract and artistic than western audiences can handle while the Russo brothers, of primetime sitcom fame, are taking their zero-depth zero-art approach to the masses with Marvel IP and soaring with success.

It's a real shame Sup Forums can't see past Disney's deception.

I take classes on filmmaking actually.

We frequently use Snyder as an example on how to NOT direct a movie, on classes.

I really wish that the top line was true. At least on this board what would be more realistic is no one reading any comics and just pooping on one another.

Except WW had good gameplay

Also, the NOT MUH came from the trailers of the game. When it was actually played, people then began to turn around on it. This doesn't work for Snyder's films.

Windwaker got good reviews because it was a good game, the comparison doesn't fit.

Wrong. Wind Waker is actually great, Snyder's stuff is pure trash. Wind Waker got flak for its appearance, but Snyder's movies crumble under the slightest scrutiny. They're not put together well enough for the comparison to take hold.

>he went to film school

You actually liked that Twilight shit?

Dude, I writte scripts for cartoons and radio.

Plus people pretty quickly liked WW as soon as it came out, there are holdouts sure, but it isn't a cult classic or anything. It was a successful game on release.

Nope. But at least I got a waifu out of it.
Which is still more than I can say for the DCEU.

Is English not your first language? I mean this as a real question and not an insult.

im sure you do

im the president of colombia btw

>Except everyone loved the Windwaker when it was released because it was good. The only problem anybody ever had was the art style.
Except everyone loved Man of Steel visually when it was released because it was good. The only problem anybody ever had was the story style.

No, many people actually didn't like the film visually.

It really isn't.

I'm not asking you to believe on me, it doesn't affect anything anyway.

Your comparison doesn't really work.

For one: Film Mechanics and Game Mechanics work incredibly differently

Two: Wind Waker, though underated by the public, received critical acclaim from various media sources. BVS and Suicide Squad did not.

Three: BNS and Suicide Squad objectively break cinematic storytelling rules and conventions without adding anything of quality.

People hate autistic Superman that doesn't speak.

Honestly, I could see Spider-Man 3 being remembered as an anti-corporate statement of self-destruction on Raimi's part.

>Except everyone loved Man of Steel visually when it was released because it was good.
I didn't.
In fact I predicted it was going to be too dark and cynical for its own good as soon as that first image of him doing a kubrick stare next to that bank vault was unveiled.

but dude what about muh quips

what, symbolism, politics, mythology, emotional tension and resonance, memorable soundtracks, theology, visual storytelling? nah dude, i want QUIPS brah gimme some mothafuckin QUIPS

Do you realize every time you talk about how DC didn't develop their characters gradually, it's just your stupid attachment to Marvel's mediocre build up? You act as if a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies need 4 solo turtle movies before they can be in the same movie together.

>I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm just asking you to believe me.

>It doesn't affect anything other than how I hope you perceive me despite our shared anonymity.

Is this the Disney spending billions a week on reviewer bribes meme again?

I know right? Only plebs care about levity.

The key difference being, as one of those Zelda "Not muh" fags, even playing it, it's style was shit, but even I had to admit it was fun to play, and the story was solid. I just really wished everyone didn't look like Powerpuff girls.

The most I'll give Snyder's movies is the style is ok, (would be good if not for his faggy filter.) But they're certainly not fun. And the stories are a fucking mess.

Maybe then we'd get something other than Leo and Raph butting heads for once.

>ITT: Faggots overestimating the power of film reviewers

Alright.

Why the living fuck did we waste the first 20 minutes of MoS in the blandest, most creatively brankrupt version of Krypton if we were just gonna get fully recapped halfway through the movie for Clark's benefit?

And if you want to talk quips, why was the one quip in MoS, the final moment, so fucking bad?

>Except everyone loved Man of Steel visually when it was released
I think people loved his first flight scene visually. Because that and the mass destruction is the only thing I see people talk about when it comes to visuals

And penis ships

yeah everybody circlejerks about how marvel "did things right" by building up to the avengers with solo movies, but like, the only genuinely good movie prior to the avengers is iron man 1. iron man 2 is bad, thor is mediocre, the incredible hulk is bad, and captain america is okay-to-pretty good

only plebs care about only levity. only plebs prefer a 15th entry in the marvel quipematic universe over genuinely good filmmaking

BvS is one of the dumbest movies that I ever saw, with huge plot holes.

I guess Warner didn't get the memo when it came to bribes huh?

You'd think based on their poor track record theyd start taking pages out of the mouses book right?

You can't seriously believe this is deep

>what, symbolism, politics, mythology, emotional tension and resonance, memorable soundtracks, theology, visual storytelling?

unfortunately, just like you can have all the ingredients for a 12/10 omelette and skill end up with inedible shit if you dont know how to use them, you can end up with a shitty, shallow movie if you symbolism is wildly inconsistent and nonsensical, your mythology falls flat because of a bad script ridden with bad ideas, non-existent emotional tension or resonance, too heavy handed use of soundtrack, pretentious use of theology elements and a stylized form of visual storytelling that doesnt agree with the subject mater

Your teacher has shit taste. He probably thinks Godfather is the best movie of all time too just because everyone said it is.

Interesting if true.

Why the way that you perceive me would change anything? I just explained why I took the classes. Why are you so paranoic?

We're just going through the motions. Let him run through his meme cycle unabated.

Okay, listen here: you've been in these threads, a hundred times. You've argued with a hundred anons, you've posted pics from your "BASED WB" folder so many times and you now every argument from the marvelfags. Now tell me: of those internet battles, how many times has the other guy said "Well you see, [Marvel movie] actually had a lot of jokes and these characters were so quippy and quirky, which is the only thing that makes it the best movie ever, and that's EXACTLY and THE ONLY thing [DC movie] needed."? how many times was having jokes in the script the one argument people used to defend their movie?

>a sequel that attempts to pander to the outrage of the masses

Judging from the quips in the trailer, Justice League.

Snyderfags hear the criticisms they want to hear, not the ones that are given. It's a side effect of them having their heads up their asses as is required to rewrite the movies into being good.

If Disney spent as much money in bribes add DC fans claim,they'd be bankrupt within days.

But you didn't explain why you took the classes. All you said in was that you took film courses and that it uses Snyder's films as examples of how not to direct.

Nice argument.
MOS for example doesn't have contrast between characters for most of the movie. It was just a rushed project to keep the rights.

When it comes to shitposting about DC movies at least Baneposting got people making OC

Why is it the DCEU always needs to be compared to something. First it was the Bible and symbolism, these days it's Trump and now fucking Wind Waker? Seriously? Don't use one of my favorite games for your shit, please

Man, look: Raging is pointless, but as a film buff, which most of us are (I'd guess), it's important to recognize that Snyder doesn't quite know how to make transcendent stories. If any, OP, please explain your thesis further, as Wind Waker was shunned upon for it's aesthetics mostly, while Snyder's filmography is because of his lackluster plots, mediocre and superficial direction, and overall mediocre acting. If your example was 100% alike, Wind Waker would have been seen shunned because of it's game play and story, which was not the case. The cartoonish aesthetic killed a large part of it's original audience, which denied themselves from playing the game. People HAVE watched Snyder's films and come out of the cinema rooms disappointed.

In my opinion, the example in question is not related, for they happen to follow a similar path for completely different reasons. If you where to be right, we would hail "300" or "Watchmen" as two great Prime Operas of a coming filmic mastermind. Instead, more people have decide to read the Graphic Novels, and nowadays see with even grayer eyes the work of Snyder, almost stating his work as the butchering and pillaging of two great works of a medium never expected to be adapted but to be odes to their medium.

He is not a film director set to build films with heavy plots, marvelous characters, deep themes and overarching events. If any, he would be more comfortable with something like "Sucker Punch", for Snyder is a fan, yes, but he has done awful work at it.

DC and Snyder blue ball us to then be kicked in the nuts when watching the actual film.
Windwaker was a game that got treated unfairly, but it was crafted with love and passion, something DC lacks in their live action films as they have to play Marvel's game.

>oversimplification
And Tony wanted to kill Bucky over a Youtube video right?

"Snyder movies are good" is the new Baneposting.

the krypton sequence is fucking great, it's visually beautiful and extremely well paced, it's just awesome

it also serves the narrative purpose of establishing the failures of krypton, zod's specifically, to give clark a good reason for embracing earth and rejecting krypton. i mean the whole point of the movie is to merge christian theology and with objectivism, emphasizing that jesus - clark - freely chooses to become the christ - superman. one of the ways it does this is by criticizing the old way of the kryptonians, which was a statist, top down society.

>And if you want to talk quips, why was the one quip in MoS, the final moment, so fucking bad?

It's a joke, not a quip. And it's awesome. literally you're the only person i've talked to who complained about the "welcome to the planet" line.

"plot holes" are what people who don't understand film use to criticize movies they don't understand. the movie doesn't have plotholes, it has plot points that you're not smart enough to get.

pretty much every time i argue with people about MoS and BvS the praise i hear for marvel is entirely "muh levity" or "muh tone muthafucka"

i think it's because you guys know that the MCU is actually incredibly mediocre and forgettable for the most part, so the only defense of them you can conjure up is that they're fun. because you know they're not good.

No? user was saying "wow this is a terrible thing to study" and I explained that it is related to what I already do and this, useful.

Again, stop being paranoic.

>People that mock the Martha scene are so played out
But even DC is doing it now

Not even close to as good

Shill bots again? You thought I wouldn't notice the exact same post?

>muh colors

You one of those people who think that "bright colors = kino"?

>He thinks that I was talking about colors.

Stay oblivious to what makes a script, pleb.

If that is the case, it means Justice League will be even worse than BvS.

Doesn't it make more sense for WB to be the one paying bots to try to make the reception of their shitty movies better?

>doesn't have contrast between characters for most of the movie
You serious right now? It literally starts off with the contrast between Jor El and Zod. Go ahead, post your "teacher's" presentation in its entirety. I want to see what "he" thinks.

I wonder how 1.jpg user will try to spin it this time

>the movie doesn't have plotholes, it has plot points that you're not smart enough to get.

I don't know, I've seem a pretty good list of plot holes being passed on here lately.

>>This guy thinks Snyder named Batman and Superman's mothers

>If Disney spent as much money in bribes add DC fans claim,they'd be bankrupt within days.
According to The Motley Fool[1], Disney is worth somewhere between $150-$165 billion, give or take.

According to Anonymous[2], Disney gifted reviewers with $5,000 gift packages in exchange for a positive review of "Captain America: Civil War".

From Rotten Tomatoes[3] we can account for at least 294 positive reviews from professional publications.

Thus, the alleged gift packages would have cost Disney approximately $1,470,000, or 0.0000098% to 0.0000089% of their net worth.

[1] - fool.com/investing/2016/09/08/how-much-is-the-walt-disney-company-worth.aspx
[2] - [3] - rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_america_civil_war/

Yep, just like how Bruce discovered the members of the justice League via YouTube links

At no point did he suggest that.

Wind waker was good aside from the visuals

Unlike Kino v Kino

Almost certainly. Nintendo tried to make Twilight Princess dark, but in a manner that was shallow when compared to the like of Majora's Mask. WB is now trying to make the DCEU lighthearted by turning Batman into a quipster. There's a mutual and distinct lack of sincerity; none of the jokes in that trailer were funny.

No that was LiveLeak

If you liked Snyder's Krypton, fine. I thought it was dogshit, but that's more subjective. But wouldn't it have been better suited to the giant infodump when Clark finds the drone-thing than at the very beginning?

And the final line I was referring to was the cringe-inducing "He's hot" bit.

>Marvel comics fans
>enjoying current comics

LexChan doesn't allow LiveLeak videos because of all the gore and beasitality

honestly these are the best threads on Sup Forums

i'd much rather argue with people about capeshit and capekino than complain about marvel or fucking steven universe or some shit for the 1000th time

>he praise i hear for marvel is entirely "muh levity" or "muh tone muthafucka"
Mustn't have been me who you argued with, then. Another question: why exactly do you keep trying to defend the movies of one company/attack the movies of the competition? open question here, not trying to blame you for anything in particular with it.

Go to bed President Santos.

You don't think the shitposting about Synder and "KINO" and the cinematic abortion that is the DCEU gets old?

Snyderfag is really desperate.

The fact that other non Marvel movies get various reviews from good to bad, like Nolan Bats and Deadpool, already show how this is stupid.

More than anything, it looks like WB pays the same 2 shills to stay on the board and defend any aspect of the DCEU the entire day.

implying Carnage, Spider-Man and Deadpool, Moon Knight, Squadron Supreme, Ghost Rider, USAvengers, AN Wolverine and a number of other comics not titled Hellcat or squirrel girl have no readers who enjoy them. Naw, it's all hate reading.

Your should change classes that sounds terrible

>How not to become a world famous director directing billion dollar films 101

and DC makes fun of Aquaman talking to fish too, doesnt mean its not played out

To be honest, I think this is true. The non-family friendly tone would have lost them a couple million bucks. The critics lost them some cash too but definitely not as much. I feel like it really did earn that PG-13 rating.

#WOKE

>But wouldn't it have been better suited to the giant infodump when Clark finds the drone-thing than at the very beginning?

no, they both serve purposes within the story, and to interrupt the flow of the movie by putting a 20 minute flashback in the middle would be too weird for general audiences

>And the final line I was referring to was the cringe-inducing "He's hot" bit.

yeah i agree with that. MoS does have some pretty weak dialogue at points, i won't lie.

>why exactly do you keep trying to defend the movies of one company/attack the movies of the competition? open question here, not trying to blame you for anything in particular with it.

i defend man of steel and Bvs, not DCEU movies in general. SS is bad, i suspect WW will be bad. but MoS and BvS are both great movies in my view, and i find them interesting and fun to talk about

i attack marvel movies sometimes because the people i argue with insist on comparing the DCEU to the MCU, so i'm forced to criticize the marvel movies. i mean, listen, i've seen almost all of them and generally enjoy them, but i don't think any of them - save maybe iron man 1 and the avengers - hold a candle to MoS and BvS

>Snyder's DC films are the equivalent to Zelda: Wind Waker. The world reacts negatively because NOT MUH!!!
What are you talking about no one called WW not muu it was loved since day one not even Sup Forums hate it there no comparison here

batman doesnt make a single quip in the movie outside of the talks to fish joke