Will DC ever recover?

hah

it's funny because it's true

normies would lose their shit

Is there anyone who DC could even emulate Marvel with? Lee had a hand in pretty much all Marvel's Silver Age characters, which are the ones who have really lasted, even the ones where the initial idea wasn't his, the system they used still left Lee's stamp on it. DC's all stars come from tons of different sources, tons of different creators, and more than that, every creator pf their main characters lived long enough ago that they're dead now.

I love how much of a whore Stan is. He's great.

The best they could probably do is probably give 'iconic' writers/artists or past actors a cameo. Like have Miller cameo in the Batfleck movie, Ostrander in SS2, Linda Carter in WW or something.

>JUSTICE LEAGUE
>The Justice League is battling Steppenwolf in a crowded area and leveling half the city, as they often do.
>Focus on a panicked crowd fleeing from the chaos.
>Among them is Stan Lee.
>"I'm not even supposed to be here!"

DC movies are hits though. not with critics sure, but box office wise they do fairly well.

Arguable. I wouldn't call a movie featuring 2 of the most well known and popular superheroes, one of which basically prints money just by slapping his logo on something, barely making a profit a "hit."

Give Morrison or Gaiman a cameo I guess

that's fair. i mean more in terms of revenue it turned a profit, but the fact that it didnt even make a billion overall is a disappointment.

suicide squad though, no matter what you think of it, turned a very good profit.

every movie chips a bit more off their brand. they spend so much on each film that if one financially fails it's going to be full panic mode, and that failure might come very soon. they are already netting mediocre amounts for their budgets.

>first ever meeting on the big screen between the biggest and most well known superheroes of all time
>insanely high budget
>at the height of the superhero movie craze
>get's beaten by a solo Marvel b-lister
>almost beaten by a team of literal nobodies whose sequel will definitely beat BvS
In context BvS was a fucking disaster.

There's any easy fix:

One more focus on character centered storytelling and less on easter eggs and setting up a cinematic universe

I think Bruce Timm could work as a cameo

They can film at DC gym.

You know what would make The Flash a more interesting movie than redoing CW Flash S1 but now with Ezra Miller?

Just Imagine Stan Lee creating The Flash: The Movie.

>suddenly a New Gods movie
>Kirby is depicted as a high god with statues shaped in his image
>Flunky is played by an actor resembling Stan Lee and depicted unflatteringly stupid
>Stan stans get buttblasted
Never gonna happen but it would be so funny

Hope this old jew dies soon

Sage for Disney shill thread

When OC pets kicks your ass not once but twice you have fuck up.

>expecting WB to lose their artistic integrity by having to bribe people just to make their movies look good

Fucking Mouseshills will do anything to pretend their movies aren't worthless

Sony has shown us bribes do jack shit with making people go watch a massive shit dump .
Hell Batman and Superman should have just made a billion on name alone, people saw it inspite of poor reviews, and still it lead to huge drop offs in viewership to where some theaters pulled it four weeks after launch because they were getting 0 ticket sales for it in 7+ days.
Also the mouse has more issues with Universal then anyone else, they love to crush them.

No one outside of comics even knows who Bruce Timm is. The number of people on this board alone who could pick him out in a line up could probably be counted on one hand.

Stan Lee would be better casting for Wonder Woman than Gal Gadot

he ain't wrong. By word of mouth alone that would have likely climb BvS to the billion mark.

Stan Lee has cursed the DCEU.
If he gets a cameo the curse will get lifted.

I'm much more of a Marvelfag than I am DC, but good god am I sick of this old fucker and his shitty cameos

At first it was kind of cute/funny, now each one is just more cringey than the last, Stan Lee cameos in Marvel movies is about as overdone and annoying as a Doug Walker joke

>Newest Batman movie
>Stan Lee gets off a bus in Gotham

"Oh dangit! I got on the wrong bus!"

>Gets back on

The problem is that no one knows who these people are outside of the tiny comics community. Even most comics fans who know these creators probably don't know what they look like. They just have no star power.

Lee is himself a draw, because he and Marvel have spent decades promoting him as "Mr. Marvel". His appearance and persona are almost as famous as his characters at this point.

That would be a 'literally who' for 99% of audiences.

Alan Moore

too bad he'd never do it

>>expecting WB to lose their artistic integrity
>WB
>artistic integrity

>muh quips is good art

The ONLY way WB could rival a Stan Lee cameo is to give Adam West a cameo. Any other Batman actor showing up wouldn't have as much of an impact, nor would Linda Carter or any living Superman actor.

Heh, I know this is bait but I'll humor you.

WB's problem has been precisely their lack of integrity. They're clearly being driven by executive committee and focus groups, careening from one panicked concept to the next as each one doesn't work out.

Both BvS and SS suffered heavily from this. You could watch how SS changed in front of our eyes before it came out.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>bus proceeds to crash into a bank

>Marvel needs a fossil from the 60s to sell their shit because their product is inherently garbage

wew

Dead ones that should cameo: Julius Schwartz, Garder Foxx, Bruno Premiannim, Joe Kubert
Living ones: Neal Adams, Grant Morrison, Dennis O'Neail, John Ostrander, Marvin Wolfman, Brian Bolland,

I think they should since humans and especially normies have trouble giving credit to anyone unless THEY SEE A FACE.

So I think putting guys like Morrison, Gaiman, Ellis, Moore, etc as cameos in stuff would go a long way to giving them some additional credit. Just to be SEEN basically.

>This isn't even my home mutliverse what the-

>Secret Life of Pets beat out Batman and Superman.
Well that's a surprise

If people don't recognize them, people who do can point them out. That's the whole point.

Well it had Krypto and Ace the Bathound in it

>since humans
>humans

is there something you're hiding, user?

Gerald Christ Disney! Calm down!

And just think next week is Rouge one

>The Mermaid
>wtf
>read up on it
>Stephen Chow

I have to watch this immediately.

Jack Kirby could have done it

Yeah, he could have, but he's long gone now, so they missed their chance.

He's right. Me and my 3 buds only show up to marvel movies to see who can be the first one to spot his cameo

I'm fairly sure if they even tried the various estates of Kane, Siegel, and Shuster would immediately sue DC, WB, and each other.

It's not worth the time.

Judging by how clearly over his head Johns is, I imagine he'll start inserting himself into movies as random characters. It's essentially what Lee did, of course, but Lee didn't get to do it when he was young, wasn't arranging to do it with his own production company, and actually had a media presence of his own. People knew who he was, nobody knows Johns.

But oh just wait. Just wait and see how deep the tinsel runs in that boy. He's going to fuck everything.

>John Ostrander
I thought I heard something about him cameoing in Suicide Squad but I guess that didn't happen? Shame.

>Batman and Superman should have just made a billion on name alone

I still disagree with this. Both franchises have had incredibly variable grosses over the years, they've struggled to maintain tv shows, even - the longest running tv show Superman ever had was Smallville, a show that only happened the way it did because WB didn't hold the rights to Superboy at the time they started making it and legally couldn't put him in the costume for the first three years. The one that most people remember? Lois & Clark, four seasons of 90s romcom crap with a guy in tights and a hot chick who had chemistry on-screen. Wonder Woman's not even in the running, her screen history is a joke.

We've seen time and again that reboots, remakes and forced sequels aren't guaranteed to make big money, and neither are crossovers, though there's been fewer of those to compare it to. It was never guaranteed a big gross, and I'm surprised it got as far as it did. That movie was fucking awful.

Both universes need a skeletal figure of death, user.

No love for Carmine? Sure he was an inadequate EIC but he was all over the Silver Age.

>Dr. Strange BTFO the new X-Men movie

What a time to be alive.

I'm old and out of touch, but what the fuck does BTFO mean in this context?

Dr. Strange backed the fuck off the new X-Men movie? What?

It really didn't though, unless you'r talking about how much money it made

Justin Beiber sells more records than your favorite band, what a time to be alive!

Beat the fuck out.

Blown the fuck out it's from Sup Forums
>t. Sup Forumsartan

When has Doctor Strange as a character ever outperformed the X-Men? They're insanely popular with decades of mainstream exposure and mainstream appeal.

The x-Men movie wasn't good through.

You mean in comics? late 70s early 80s. Mutant craze kick up in the late 80s early 90s and stayed a good while.

>*though

Neither was Dr. Strange, X-Men was an ok film, Dr. Strange was a shit film

Now go on and tell me how it made tons of money and got critical praise, because so does Drake and that Canadian Jew is a fucking clown

Did it really though? Suicide Squad went through extensive reshooting and its budget was 175m already

BvS made about about 140m more and cost 75m more, coincidentally one number is almost exactly double the other.

so if we're living in magical Sup Forums land anyway then Suicide Squad is about as much of a financial hit as BvS.

I have yet to see Dr. Strange but X-Men was below average.

That's kinda funny

I think you underestimate how many normies know Gaiman.

Stan could destroy them by simply holding out his non-microphone hand and saying "Behold my hand. It is empty."

See the ultimate argument against that is that Secret life was just a very generic kids movie and it still outperformed a cultural phenomena.

Nah. People who read Gaiman know him. That's about it. If you're reading Gaiman, you're probably not a normie.

Not him but Gaiman is fairly normie, actually.

holy shit

leave the house

get outside

fucking anything

I didn't know it was possible to be this delusional

Always bet on talking dog films

ALWAYS

MORRISON. He hypercrisises his way into the background of every movie like Harbinger or Pandora.

>gaiman has more bestsellers than I can count on one hand
Jesus you are deluded

As soon as someone played themselves on the Simpsons, they're normie core.

and Arthur

His cameos are front and center, so everyone spots them at the same time.

Morrison is an edgelord hack. He now has to write comics for curries to read while they shit out in the street.

Most of the people who created DC's characters are dead because they've been around so much longer than Marvel.

Did he actually say that?

Gold

embarrassing

if dc had a sense of humor they would cast him as funky flashman

What by him have you read?

And what do you consider a good comics writer?

22 years.

Wasn't he supposed to have been based on Stan?

>Ostrander in SS2
Why don't you just take a shit on him while you're at it? Jesus, user.

If Marvel weren't scum sucking you know whats they wouldn't be trying to bury the X-Men and Fantastic Four

Let's not pretend Marvel is a happy go lucky company, they're the biggest scumbags on the face of the earth

this is the guy who accidentally made Iron Man have a nose for a year because he was spouting random shit he didn't remember saying before criticizing his own choice thinking it was somebody else's

they could have made the amazing decision to have Adam West cameo in every movie. Not iconic to the industry like Lee, but more likability in every other way

Ostrander liked SS.

>Stan Lee begs WB for a cameo in the DCEU
Is Marvel doing that bad?

>Always bet on talking dog films
What about talking raccoon and sapling movies?
>TFW Baby Groot merch will out sell all DC movie characters stuff combined!

>WB
>artistic integrity

oh the irony

>The ONLY way WB could rival a Stan Lee cameo is to give Adam West a cameo
Works for me

Face it bot, no one remembers MCU movies a year after their release.