I need a decent cartoon to marathon. Something where you can actually get attached to the characters would be nice...

I need a decent cartoon to marathon. Something where you can actually get attached to the characters would be nice, and a bit of seriousness in addition to the humor would be a plus.

I've already either finished or caught up on all of these (depending on whether the one in question is still airing or finished):

>Young Justice
>Teen Titans
>Regular Show
>King of the Hill
>Steven Universe
>Bojack Horseman
>Rick & Morty
>Gravity Falls
>Venture Bros.
>Archer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hvgriyH7Qr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kappa Mikey

Motorcity
Megas XLR
Batman Beyond (Hell, most of the DCAU)
Avatar: the Legend of Korra (Don't let Sup Forums fool you, it may be flawed but it's still very good)

Star vs. the Forces of Evil

>kappa mikey
I feel like the only person that legitimately enjoys that show

It had a disproportionately awesome theme song.

it was decent

Sonic Boom

Static Shock would be the obvious one you need to watch.

To be fair, they had some legitimately gutbusting jokes.
>THE TATAMI ROOM
Oh that doesn't look so bad
>Next slide Gonard
OH GOD

>Hell, most of the DCAU
What DC animated show has the most Flash-related stuff?
Am I being memed or is this good?

Half of the jokes suck and the other half are fucking genious.
youtube.com/watch?v=hvgriyH7Qr4

Batman: The Animated Series (srs business)
Batman: Brave and the Bold (not srs business, then suddenly out of nowhere srs business)

Are you saying the show gets progressively darker?

Adventure Time sounds like exactly what you're looking for, and there's quite a lot of it to marathon. Has its flaws but still good and I think watching it all pretty quickly will make the problems less bad.

In the DCAU? Flash gets one episode of Superman but is a main character in Justice League and JLU.

And he's fantastic.

>Something where you can actually get attached to the characters would be nice, and a bit of seriousness in addition to the humor would be a plus.
Hey Arnold
Samurai Jack
Moral Orel
Mission Hill
Clone High
Downtown
Daria
Duckman

Uncle Grandpapy

adventure time or star vs the forces of evil sound right up your alley

note that star vs starts out kinda weak, really picks up around the middle of season 1 tho

Over the Garden Wall

No, it stays pretty silly throughout. Just every now and then you get hit with someone dying, or actual emotions. Series finale is pretty bittersweet, in a very self-aware way.

I am also still not over Platelet. PLATELET

Oban Star Racers
Wakfu
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron

That was the fucking best

Wakfu
Daria
Star vs.
Futurama
Archer

older:
Around the World in 80 Days (or Willy Fogg, whatever it's called)
Alfred J. Kwak

If you're not afraid of anime:
Fullmetal Alchemist
Madoka Magica

Madoka really doesn't work if you don't have a knowledge of magical girl tropes. Something like Kill la Kill or Cowboy Bebop might be a better starting point.

>Oban Star Racers

A thousand times this. This French-Japanese series was a work of love from start to finish, and the fact it's been pretty much entirely forgotten is a shame. It is basically an anime, but more like FMA/Cowboy Bebop rather than a shonen long runner or a flavor of the month 12 episode cutestuff- a self contained story that ends when it's over.

Doesn't help that it aired on Jetix rather than one of the big three.

Voltron: Legendary Defender

Basically the exact show you described there is avatar the last airbender.

also seconding a couple peoples suggestions on
Green lantern animated series and full metal alchemist

The Spectacular Spider-Man

>Oban

Supreme taste, my man

Also, a warning on both FMA series: watch the original before you watch Brotherhood.

They both start the same and star the same characters, but the original was made when the manga series wasn't over yet, so the creator gave the show people the blessing to finish the story however they wanted. Brotherhood was made a few years afterwards with the benefit of knowing the full manga as well as a larger budget from the original's success.

They're both good series, but Brotherhood is just so much better than the original that it's a chore to watch the original after experiencing the quality of Brotherhood. So do yourself a favor and start with the original. If you get bored or disinterested, considering watching Brotherhood from the start before dropping the series all together.

Gargoyles would be a good choice, especially since all of the good seasons are legally available on DVD for fairly cheap(except the one episode of Season 3 that's still canon, but can always stream that one)

Martin Mystery

All shit.

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc

Imagine if someone put Gravity Falls and Scooby Doo in a blender. The result is spectacular.

>Madoka really doesn't work if you don't have a knowledge of magical girl tropes.
It works fine.

Wander over Yonder
>2 seasons, won't take too long to finish
>mostly revolves around 4 characters, fleshes them out a bit
>has a legitimate finale instead of just ending on a normal episode or, God forbid, a cliff hanger
>cheery, upbeat, classic Craig McCracken charm
>music's catchy
>genuinely pretty funny

I hate it when a friend recommends a show and tacks on "Just skip the first season or whatever THEN it gets good."

WOY isn't that. The very first episode had me hooked.

Older, but I'd say The Critic.

I'll second everything in this thread except for , , and . I have no idea what is.

>>has a legitimate finale instead of just ending on a normal episode or, God forbid, a cliff hanger
well, for that arc at least :(

The Long Long Holiday is a cartoon about a couple of Parisian kids that go stay with their grandparents in the French countryside during WWII. It's pretty comfy. Stars cute kids and their antics and seems to be made for children, but at the same time the show really doesn't hold back on the reality of war. It's up on Netflix and I think it's a shame it's not more well known around Sup Forums. Only downside is it's translated from French so the dub voices talk a little too awkwardly and fast sometimes.

True, but it's an ending. Plus, did the first season really have that much of an arc to really wrap up anyway?

Well, it's not serious at all, but Mike Tyson Mysteries has a surprisingly addictive cast imo.

As for other things, if you liked Archer you might check out Frisky Dingo and Salad 2021, though once again those are all humor, but they all have that sweet, delicious Adam Reed goodness. That guy is good at making shows.

Harvey Birdman is a classic, once again with addicting characters all around, though also once again entirely humor.

Let's see, for something with more drama I'd suggest Gargoyles. Made by the same guy who made Young Justice, only a loooong time before that. Also, don't forget based SAMURAI JACK.

Yeah, definitely Samurai Jack, watch that for sure. Though it is missing a wide cast, but it's a great show with awesome action, story, humor, stakes, and amazing visuals.

Avatar TAS is good. Lovable cast.

Batman, TAS is a classic, though there are some weak episodes, most of it is high quality and there are a few episodes which are just straight up art. Like make you cry and think about life and stuff. Old but held up well.

If you're not afraid of Sup Forums related live action, watch Gotham.

* Sealant 2021

many aporogies for most shamefur phoneposting

*Sealab, I got you cuz

I don't know how people can write something that long on a phone.

I hadn't ever watched anything magical girl, not even Sailor Moon, had always found the genre rather juvenile and silly, and I still loved Madoka.

A definitive series finale before bringing in new arcs and character stories probably would've just needed to officially reform Hater and Peepers either reform with Hater or become his own boss and do other stuff. Sylvia and Wander didn't feel like they were going to anything though beyond helping people and fixing Hater's problems.

>Star vs. the Forces of Evil
just wanted to recommend that too

after Wakfu i recommend

Dofus the treasures of kerub series
Dofus.Livre. movie

Martin Mystery actually gets pretty good at certain points so I'll vouch for this, but you don't have to watch every episode you can easily skip a lot.

I recommend "Recess" if you can find most of the episodes.

Wakfu/Dofus.

American Dad

The amazing world of Gumball and JoJo's bizarre adventure

So, is it a meme to hate Jojo now? I can't tell anymore.