Why was this ship so goddamn popular back in the day, especially with girls?

Why was this ship so goddamn popular back in the day, especially with girls?

Just what did they see in it? What's the appeal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5avd9_8rXH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

zuko was a hottie and tweens wanted him to fill them up with fire jizz while crying about his family and being angsty so they used brown chick as a substitute

I asked the same thing awhile back. The best and most logical answer was that girls self-insert as Katara, and they wanted to get together with Zuko.

this DAMN ship kill avatar fandom to me.
was impossible to have a normal conversation

Katara is the boring self-insert girl
Zuko is the hot bad boy
Women don't want younger men

Do the math

tokka was true endgame

tomboy x dork is just such a great combination for shenanigans

Self-Inserts basically...

Also Katara/Aang and Mai/Zuko were admittedly pretty boring

The only ship I liked in that show was Toph/Sokka

You are objectively correct yet Starco is endgame you piece of shi

The trope of opposites attract. It's the same type of people that ship raven and beast boy. Coincidentally, it's always landwhales and effeminate fags that ship both.

Sue Yin was Sokka's kid

Crack ship that got way too full of itself autistically, and a writing staff that, when out of ideas, decided to tease it a lot for views, leading to an emotional battleground of ships led by angsty hormonal teenagers.

Kataangers are not exempt from the mess that followed, though. They let this escalate just as hard. The whole shipping war stuff shouldn't have escalated as it did, all sides had a chance to slow down and think about shit, but they didn't.

So now it's haram to talk about the hot guy and the hot girl fucking.

Badgirl x Dork is a much better combo.

There was undeniable sexual tension
when Zuko captured Katara in Waterbending Scroll.

Same thing the nerds here see on Jin.

Projection.

Girl nerds?

Good taste user.

Thank you.

Because honestly it made a lot more sense.. not just for the story but for how girls are attracted to guys.

There is a reason a lot of "love stories" start with two people who hate each other or find each other annoying. With girls you just have to get them emotionally involved, even if its a negative emotion. So long as the guy turns it around and shows her hes not such a bad guy after all, it strengthens that emotional bond and turns it into a positive. That is more or less what happened between Zuko and Katara.

Plus at that age girls tend to be more interested in guys that are slightly older than them than 12 year old boys.

Personally I always felt like the avatar shouldnt have any romantic relationships due to their responsibility to the world and the balance of all things.. kinda like a jedi isnt supposed to partake in romance and what not.

I was mostly on board for the katara and zuko, but only if it had room earlier in the story to develop and it really didnt, it was too close to the end of the season 3 before any of that started becoming viable but it did look more promising by that time than katara and aang.

Great tastes, anons.

I adore the thought of Azula realizing she loves Sokka over the intention of gaining political status.

I agree. Their dynamic in the second half of season 3 was far more interesting than Katara and Aang's. The friendship between the two of them was a definite highlight of the finale, and had there time, a subtle romance between the two of them could've been great.

Girls are fucking stupid, that's why.

women want to "fix" emotionally damaged men
it's part of the reason abusive relationships are a thing

And Lin is either Zuko or Aang's, probably. inb4 autists who read the comics try to say differently.

It's been years, who cares? Are you guys still salty that it was mega popular? Yeah it didn't make sense, the shipping side of most fanbases never do. Look at Supernatural.

Oh hell no. You aren't bringing this shit back. Keep it dead you pieces of shit.

They wanna be Jin?

inb4 "her tits should be bigger"

Azula would never be brainwashed like those other broads. Azula is strong willed. Her mind is like a steel trap.

Let me guess: scrapper?

As much as I get a boner over watching Azula make Long Feng cry, this is really what would have happened. She's charismatic but not THAT charismatic.

She's a cockslut and you're a faggot

Is there anyone more innocent in the entire show? i mean, just look at her face.

Aang was a little kid and a goody-two shoes.
Zuko was a bad boy who lost his way and was in search for redemption.

Aang is Luke, Zuko is Han. In this case, Luke fucked his sister.

>Azula is strong willed. Her mind is like a steel trap
She is literally crazy.

And you're a bumbling retard that doesn't know what he is talking about.

Are you kidding? She is the ultimate deceiver. The entire kingdom is lucky Azula didn't take over the brainwashing sessions and brainwashed the entire nation.

No but I do agree with him on many points.

No she isn't. A crazy person would not be able to do what she has done.

Reminder.

user, she was literally talking to herself, thinking her mother was there.

Breakdowns are natural.

He's the bad boy with an excuse to be a dick, the psychologically tortured guy who makes a big drama of it, the mentally hurt puppy that girls can play Florence Nightingale with.

Put your trip back on Scrapper, you ain't fooling anyone.

Did Toph sleep with the entire male membership of the Gaang?

Storytime that shit.

No.

Ok.

Because that is how female fandom works.

bad boy x dorky girl is the patrician combination

>decided to tease it a lot for views
It wasn't really teased outside of the chibi shorts, the play that made fun of the show and the fanbase, and a very misleading trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=5avd9_8rXH0

oh, you

That looks like something that dildo up the ass Polyle would make. As long as Azula is bigger than fem Zuko I could care less.

Zuko isn't smooth enough to be Han

I really liked Azula in the comics

the western Matt and Sora

That's unfair, Zuko and Katara spoke to each other more than a couple of times

Man, can you imagine what a shitshow the Zutara/Kataang rivalry would be these days? I'll bet there would be doxxing and death threats. It was all pretty tame back then, before the full power of the internet's hatred and autism had been harnessed.

The only thing that ever came close to Zutaran's autism were the Harry Potter ship wars.

I think Gihiru really loves to draw Azula. She was by far the best part of the previous Avatar comic volume.

well they couldn't ship her with Sokka and act cool about it

it was because in several episodes of Avatar, Zuko and Katara were close to one another in a way that made it look like they were going to kiss or something if i remember correctly. That's why the ship started.

I love how Zuko has gone back to jobbing to Azula. He had his one shining moment of glory in Sozin's Comet, and then he's back to being a chump.

He kicked her ass pretty badly in The Search, but for some reason she asspulled how to redirect lightning.

She is getting back to form. Soon she will be at her peak and god knows who can stop her then.

It didn't hurt that the endgame pairings for Harry Potter were complete bullshit to the point that Rowling herself regrets them now.

Harry should have gotten with Luna.

He's basically the only option. Aang is a little kid and Sokka is her brother.

>several episodes of Avatar, Zuko and Katara were close to one another in a way that made it look like they were going to kiss or something if i remember correctly
More like two, Crossroads of Destiny and Sozin's Comet.

One of the episodes has Aang declare that Katara is more important to him than the world and the other ends with Zuko and Katara making out with their respctive endgame pairings.

>Harry should have gotten with Luna.
fuck off, Luna&Neville forever

Fucking THAT.

is this from smoke and shadows?

Yes.

no dude, you should go see a therapist

You nor a therapist don't know what I need.

...a speech therapist?

Eh fuck me.

Smoke and Shadows was great for how Azula spends the entire trilogy playing everyone for saps.

Mai took a hard nosedive into gigantic asshole territory though.

didn't know part three was out already
gonna have to DL it somewhere.

Azula's plan of turning Zuko into the male version of herself that she always wanted to be was pretty retarded, though.

Man, when you put it that way that is some serious Freudian/Lacanian shit right there. That's textbook penis envy.

I love having this thread every 3-4 weeks!

but now we know that Zuko married someone else.

Fuck YOU. Neville barely even hangs out with Luna. He certainly doesn't have the incredibly personal and touching moments that Harry has with her. You can at least agree that she's better than fucking Ginny.

Are you saying Azula always wanted to be a guy?

North & South P1 is also out and it was actually pretty good.
Smoke & Shadow sucked hard though

>it's an "Azula laments not being born a boy and takes out her frustrations by mounting and angrily finger-fucking Ty-Lee from behind until she collapses and cries, whilst making Mai watch the whole thing and taunting her about how the roles of her incestuous fuckfests with Zuko would be reversed if she'd been born the boy, before finally calming herself with the thought that she wouldn't know how good it feels to have Father hunched over, quivering and sweating as he fills up her pussy with his seed, had she been born his son" episode

is that the one with Korra or is it a new story with Aang?

The scene in Old Ba Sing Se was probably the most concrete evidence for their being romantic potential, and had they decided to go with Zukodemption immediately rather than later it probably would have been played up. Although given the way things actually unfolded you would think the ship would have fizzled.

>I love how Zuko has gone back to jobbing to Azula
Why? Azula seems competent the first time you watch her, but when you re-watch it most of her victories are on plot armor/convenience. Zuko deserves to be better since he's worked a lot harder.

It's also hilarious how Scrapper and other waifufags will claim Azula's a dumb scared little girl dindu nuffin while also claiming she's brilliant 10/10 genius tactician can't ever fail.

Women like troubled bad boys because they think they can get them to change. Also, women are morons.

Nah, they'll be back together next Zuko book.

He'll never get with Suki

Neither, its a Katara/Sokka book.

whew....okay. thats good. I am not ready to read any comics with Korra in them...yet.

>that sweat drop
God damnit that shit aint necessary when you already have the character face palming. Why is this so hard to understand for people. You are supposed to use it when the action in question doesn't necessarily convey the emotion, which is unnecessary given the exaggerated nature of a face palm.

Reminder that even though The Southern Raiders is regarded as a quintessential Zutara episode, it thoroughly demonstrates how they bring out the absolute worst in each other and why they'd make a horrible couple

You are messed up dude. Seek help.

Because she is both. She is what's called a glass cannon, a being that can cause great change but is fragile and needs to be protected.

There is a Korra book coming out though.

I wish it would just remain that way but we know that Toph, Aang and Zuko will be involved in parts 2 & 3.
Katara and Sokka are definitely strong enough characters to carry the story by themselves and these stories can get pretty cluttered when the entire Gaang is involved.

>implying it won't get delayed again

Superior Zuko ship

TOO OLD

>>that feel when your ex-wife slams your dick in the dirt.

couldn't have happened to a better bastard...