Heh

heh

Other urls found in this thread:

isxkcdshittytoday.com/
nedroid.com/2013/02/long-distance-call/
xkcd.com/875/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like the part in the Star Wars where that one guy makes Picard answer for the crimes against humanity.

[raucous laughter]

I don't get it

He's right though. Beer tastes gross.

everyone is pretending to like beer

He hasn't seen it but thinks the girl has, they both play stupid out of fear what the other will think of them never seeing it.
I think the joke would have work better if they wee both guys.

I barely remember xkcd but i thought that white hat's shtick was dadaism. Why is he being so normal? Am I remembering it wrong or did a comic as basic as xkcd somehow manage to flanderize.

>I think the joke would have work better if they wee both guys.
The joke is supposed to be that he's just lying about it because it's a hot chick. You need to like what hot chicks like or else you'll never go to prom.

>they both play stupid out of fear what the other will think of them never seeing it.

...I still don't get it.

no it doesn't

>it's a hot chick
>stick figures

She has hair, that's hot by their standards.

isxkcdshittytoday.com/

And what if you've already never gone to your prom?

One time I was on Sup Forums and admitted I'd never seen a Transformers movie and they all flipped out on me

I've never watched any Star Wars film except TFA.
I didn't enjpy it.

M'LADY!

Sweet Jesus. Why are xkcd strips so bloated?

I mean, the strip has potential. But not on fucking 9 panels. What is wrong him?

it's an acquired taste.
still if you don't like it, you shouldn't complain about it

>hey man do you want a beer
>n-no thanks
>are you sure
>y-y-yuh-yeah
>then a man went home to make a comic

why do people like xkcd?

I think he's funny when his doing random graphs with silly captions. This amuses my autistic sense of humour. His narrative comics are fucking atrocious. The man has no sense of timing or brevity.

Yeah, Nedroid accidentally stealing his joke and doing it 1000x better is proof of that.

I don't see a problem here

which one was that

They think liking it means they're smart.

They don't realize that being good at maths does not equal being good at political opinions.

People get used to the tastes of certain beers, and also to say all beers taste gross proves you've never sampled absolute shit-tier beers which exist only so that fratboys and rednecks can get drunk on a dime

it would be a funny one off joke except for the fact he has a weird preoccupation with white-knighting and has made several comics where either his self-insert violently defends a nerd girl from a misogynist or a smug, confident woman overcomes casual sexism

Stop posting these stalker threads, cyberbullying these awesome writers is not going to make your webcomic suck any less.

And they always eventually turn into someone posting death threats. So stop it.

>American that hasn't seen Star Wars
Probably a commie spy.

kill yourself, Randall

>cat likes to go out into the woods behind my house and wander around
>call his name when its dinnertime
>he comes when he's called

Catcalling

Cool opinion. Doesn't mean there's a conspiracy.

post cat

If female character #32572 also doesn't like or care about star wars why did she bring it up?

Nedroid strip:
nedroid.com/2013/02/long-distance-call/

Xkcd strip:
xkcd.com/875/

lol goatkcd blacklisted the hillary one

Post that pussy.

what the hell
the nedroid one is actually a joke. why is the xkcd one so off? jesus christ.
>making "you asshole" the punchline
i d i o t

don't forget the follow-up

You just know he's one of those douches who turns down every opportunity to see so he can derive a sense of uniqueness and brag about it.

I've had coworkers like that, and I despise the undeserved sense of self-worth they derive from it.

>you have an objectively narrower cultural experience than me
>somehow this means you are better than me
I just do not understand that kind of person

White Hat is the strawman character who is wrong about things because he's normal.
Black Hat is the dadaist sociopath author fantasy who is cool because of how edgy and terrible he is.
Beret Kid is the LOL SO RANDOM guy whose childish worldview we're supposed to envy.

It gets kind of contrived after a while.

can you post one of those? Violently defending someone seems out of character.

i dont follow this much

meant to reply
isnt "negging" just an autistic term for playful teasing? or is it actually more sinister

Staying general in general is what gives the Nedroid strip better comedic structure. You're free to imagine any particular event being "the thing" even if most people will probably default to 9/11. Knowing them it could even be something trivial. Your mind makes it funnier than anything he could write in the panel and the author knew that so he left it open. That and the fact that I can't read anything by Randall without wanting to punch him in the back of the head. Beartato and Reginald are much better avatars for a joke.

OK, so when earlier this thread I was talking about lack of sense of timing, this is what I was talking about. First of all, he stuck set-up in the middle of a joke. Second of all set-up wasn't needed for anything but to virtue signal. As a result a perfectly good joke is now ruined.

fixed

Thanks. More aggressive than violent. Also a bit cringey.

You guys just don't like xkcd because it's for smart people and you feel left out

It's kinda strange that the guys behind Amazingsuperpowers have now started a mobile game company.

Reginald being a dumbass is what makes it funnier

'negging' is an actual thing, and its definition is pretty much what's in the comic. It's more 'underhanded insults' than 'playful teasing'

it's also obnoxiously common in the gay community.

>isnt "negging" just an autistic term for playful teasing? or is it actually more sinister

"negging" is the practice coined by the pick-up artist community where, upon first meeting someone you would like to have sex with, you subtly dig at their self-esteem until it's low enough to where they feel compelled to have sex with you for validation.

For example, if you are metting your Target with their Friend, you compliment the Friend but not the Target. Or, you tell the Target that she wears a lot of make-up, insinuating that she's unattractive.

the expectation is that you are able to manipulate anyone into sleeping with you like a delayed-reaction Purple Man

the reality is that most woman see right through it and get upset at someone trying to insult/manipulate them, and the one's who don't will hate you once the game is up so it's not exactly a long-term strategy

That fucking pose ruins it for me
>yelling about how she could have apparently stopped mass events
>yelling "You asshole!"
>sitting ever so casually as if he was having a conversation with someone at a coffee shop

They're fucking stick figures you have so much to work with when it comes to expressive posing

The gay community?!

woo pls

They don't want none

>Sup Forums defended XKCD

>Sup Forums defended XKCD
source?

i had this experience in real life except i watched the first one.

it was one of the first experiences that convinced me i'm probably not a normie. i mean, it was a nice film but having a friend with me didn't add anything, we didn't talk and then they went away really quickly.

might as well just watch films on my own at 4am where i can pause and get food at will.

watching movies with others is a scam unless that other is a girl you have a chance at macking on or the movie is awful and you can make fun of it

Maybe some people just don't have the resources or time to partake in those things much less at the same time as you?

I appreciate the optimism. But I mean I've encouraged or invited them to, and they decline with no reason other than "they haven't so far."

I gotta agree somewhat, I'm not really a beer guy.

I'm more into rum and cola.

Not that guy but I'll post mine.

We found her abandoned out in the road as a kitten. She's an indoor cat now.

>every beer tastes the same

Saying "beer tastes gross" is like saying "fruit tastes gross" just because Rome Apples taste gross

There's dozens of different types of beers, and each type of beer has hundreds of different variants to their brews

Also, no adult actually cares if you just say "nah I don't like beer I'll have something else thanks". Have a rum and coke, or a white russian, or a fucking strawberry daiquiri if that's what you want - it's incredibly obvious to people when you're drinking something you don't actually like, and people will think less of you for drinking a beer you don't like than if you just drink something else

To be fair if they're a normal person they could just have very little interest in it. For instance my mom has nothing against super hero movies but always declines the opportunity to go with my dad and me. I watched all 3 original Star Wars movies and I have no desire to see any of the new ones.

I like to think I'm fairly open minded but if I think I'm going not going to enjoy something then I won't be interested in it. Sometimes there's no concrete reason, just some gut opinion that I'm trusting. I have that feeling about new Ghost in the Shell despite the fact that I'm a huge fan of the original movie and Stand Alone Complex. There's no real reason, although the fact that they're not putting Scarlet Johansen in the nude isn't helping.

It's classic cinema, so it's not just some film I'm personally recommending. It was something that by all rights should have been witnessed, even accidentally. You can defend irrational gut feelings all you like, but it was the kind of movie that got around.

As for what the movie was, I don't recall. Back to the Future? Indiana Jones? Something incredibly basic.

so cute
thank you

Oh, that Whacky Hat Man! You've done it again!

You're simply too much for me.

TOO MUCH!

>It was something that by all rights should have been witnessed, even accidentally
You say that, but some surface level element could be killing their enthusiasm. You have to remember that by now there are plenty of people who have gone their whole lives without seeing Back to the Future or Indiana Jones. I know it's weird but it's just how it is. They have no interest and that's that. People are weird.

Of course there are. But far less of them are a part of my generation, and are otherwise interested in cinema and games of this era.

It's nice you're playing devil's advocate and all, but you haven't met the guy (in all likelihood). I have more insight into this particular case than you do, and I've already considered all of this.

That's Dobson tier.

This is a parody, right?

No, but it's from 2007 when there was somewhat less self-consciousness about white knighting.

never liked this comic because the whole part about a mediocre person having epiphanies hits far too close to home for comfort. (i don't want a gf and wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to be around me anyway.)

guess if i kill myself i can tell randall he helped. :^)

its quite a needlessly cruel comic

It's a funny comics if you just leave banter and no framing. Just have two people argue
>You are fat
>[long-winded existential rant, the longer the better]

This is funny. This is a ridiculous escalation. But it's so muddled, it's just silly. Bravo Randall. Ruined the joke again.

What if I just don't like the taste of alcohol?

But that's the point. Just like Negging is based around generic insults that can hit anyone in a certain umbrella, that girl uses a generic insult that could apply to anyone. The comic is secretly trying to tell you that your lack of self confidence is as thin and pointless as a woman thinking she's unattractive and fat, just directed at your life goals instead of your physical appearance. You're a better person than you think you are.

This is so deep I'm cracking and leaking under pressure.

I hate the taste of alcohol and can like beer, tolerate crappy beers. Put vodka in front of me and I have to plug my nose before taking a shot. But a beer I can appreciate it's sent, froth, taste, and texture. Granted I made myself accustom to it over the years but it's really not as comparable to hard stuff.

LOL

I hate beer too, but I manage to avoid being a cunt about it.

That's called Stockholm syndrome, user

an absurd statement. pure alchohol by itself has no taste or odor.

As someone who's seen all the Star Wars but who's fucking sick of the culture around it, I endorse this wholeheartedly.

>beer? what plebian tastes! I myself prefer a fine cider or mead
>fuck off nerd
>bested by your own logic once again!

Fucking when, nigga

Because Nedroid has expressive art.

If it were just Reginald standing blanky saying "did you warn them about what happens", it wouldn't be nearly as funny. Well to people who find that one funny, it ain't one of my favourite Nedroids.
Give me the Diamonds.

NEVER!

Why are you so butthurt about this one in particular?

>it's a "this webcomic I don't like isn't bad enough so let me insert subtext that isn't there to justify being angry about it" episode