Depression isn't real

Is Depression the biggest hoax of the 21st century?

Oh you feel sad occasionally? Be a good goy and take some of these pills. It's a weak excuse used by weak people

It's a money making machine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p1k_RK6KCVM
youtube.com/watch?v=H1f2v5Iwuvk
youtube.com/watch?v=WYlFR2eZ5Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=1jzhLtt_pGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ycit4OwYPNg
youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc
starttalking.ca/mental-fitness/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thank you for your post.

However, I know it exists having experienced it myself. And then I worked my way through it with medicine, then with less medicine, and then without them. But you'd have to take my word for it to believe me.

Your post definitely proves autism is real though.

>occasionally

>Is Depression the biggest hoax of the 21st century?
Explain, then, why depression has been written about for thousands of years?

I'm prone to depression and anxiety.

Fitness has helped as has relaxation techniques.

Your emotions are neurological responses to hormone levels. Hormone levels exist. They are measurable. They may be altered by countless factors, including outside stimulus, ingested chemicals, and genetic factors.

Depression, like all emotions, is a physical state that occurs within your brain chemistry. It is no more or less real than any other sensation that your mind perceives your body to experience.

being anti-depression is codeword for being anti-science

depression is listening to sad Neil Young songs on a rainy afternoon

youtube.com/watch?v=p1k_RK6KCVM

youtube.com/watch?v=H1f2v5Iwuvk

youtube.com/watch?v=WYlFR2eZ5Vg

youtube.com/watch?v=1jzhLtt_pGQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Ycit4OwYPNg

>Fitness has helped as has relaxation techniques.
>my id is jog
fine I'll go for a jog I might as well

kek knows best

also WE WUZ KINGS thread always cheer me up, so look out for those when you're sadfagging.

>tfw I fell for the depression meme
this shit is really the worst, any protips on how to not hate myself?

Good goyim. It's hormones

>he fell for the kek meme
that shit has ruined this board

its real and fixable but the kikes have turned it up to 11 with the usual faggotry we've all come to know and love

Eat yogurt daily and exercise. Get more vegetables in your diet. Eat fruit. Lay off so many carbs.

Its an excuse for the weak. Also, psichology and psichiatry are degenerate. I fucking despise all that cuckery, both sides of it.

>tfw Howard took my guns

Four scoops a day

I thought depression wasn't real until I was depressed myself

My advice to you is to first do a complete exploration of biological causes. I felt like utter garbage because:
a) no exercise
b) shit diet
c) it turns out I had sleep apnea.

Later, getting a job was also a morale booster because I could then begin to shape my life better. Breaking through the cycle, though, is very hard, I'll admit. Just keep trying. Even if you feel dead, make yourself feel dead to the things like exercise. Eventually, you will get a small foothold, and from there you can go further.

>Be a good goy and take some of these pills. It's a weak excuse used by weak people
Depression is real, but I'm willing to bet taking medicine is probably the worst thing you can do. It treats the symptoms but the underlying problem still remains. That's why every drug for depression on TV warns you about increased risk of suicidal thoughts.
This, and get good rest every night.

Depression just happens because shit does, it is not a disease, it is just a symptom of your life sucking

desu, I wouldn´t know, I hate jewscums so much that I can´t feel other thing but burning rage inside

>get good rest
Ive had blue bags under my eyes for almost a decade. Good rest is a myth.

Quite a bit of truth in this statement.

>he didn't have a boating accident involving all of his firearms
I'm may be depressed, but still that's a line I wouldn't cross as a American.

Does going on Sup Forums make you guys feel worse, or is it just me? I wouldn't say I have depression or anything, but for some reason, this site makes me feel like shit these days.

Let's ask robin williams

I find that 'mental health' is an unhelpful paradigm through which to view the mind. I prefer to think instead in terms of mental fitness.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with you, you just obesity of the mind. Just like physical fitness may be improved through improving your diet and exercise, so to mental fitness may be improved through improving your mental diet and mental exercise.

What makes up your mental diet? Your thoughts, and the information you take in. Same as with a physical diet, cut out the junk food, and focus on wholesome, natural foods. Stop browsing Sup Forums and /r9k/. Just like cutting out greasy fast food, cut out sources of mental fast food that leave you feeling bloated, gross, and toxic. Spend more time reading positive and uplifting texts from a spiritual tradition, positive psychology, or information relating to your profession, and well-being.

Just like starting a physical fitness routine, a mental fitness routine fundamentally involves viewing your mind as a muscle, and thus you need to balance your workouts with rest periods. If you are going through a period of stress, make time to rest. Just like if you worked out for 6 days a week without stretching, if you try to be mentally 'on' 24/7, you'll pull a mental muscle, which usually takes the form of anxiety, panic, or depression.

Pursuing mental fitness, just like physical fitness, is easier with a friend, and helps to keep you accountable.

And perhaps most important, viewing the life of the mind in terms of mental fitness means that being mentally out of shape is not something to be ashamed of, but to realize that the state you are in is a result of your mental habits, habits which may be changed. While some might snicker at the fatty who first wobbles onto a treadmill, and might laugh that he needs to start out with simply walking, accept where you are, and be kind to yourself- but don't stay there. I want you to get strong, and to enjoy life.

Depression caused by actual life circumstances is the only natural form of depression.

These white, healthy middle class kids who are "depressed" are simply victims of an increasingly Jewish society, without a sense of racial pride or community.

It's real but rates for depression aND anxiety are pretty high these days.

For people with mild depression, a lot of it has to do with diet, exercise, not being around nature. Anxiety is similar in cause but I would argue it has a lot to do with comparing onesself to other people and having so much choice in life.

There are herbs and notropics that help. I remember someone mentioning a Russian chemical

I really like this view of mental health. Thanks user I feel like a lot of what you posted rings true.

Depression is real. It stems from the fact that life is unpleasant for most people.

lololol cmon

You have no idea what you're talking about. The brain has the power to create and altar perceptions, bring dreams to life, yet you doubt it's ability to make people sad. Depression isn't just a pity party. It's a sick brain.

no, ADHD and single mothers getting their little boys on riddlin' was the bigger hoax. so was cancer and 'chemo' when 'chemo' kills people and makes more cancer

None of this matters if you have a schizoid personality or autism and you cant make friends.

I don't know if I'm depressed but I think about wanting to die quite a lot

How can I heal my depression?

Get out in the morning sunshine and drink unfluoridated spring water.. eat DHA rich Fish like Sardines and Salmon get to sleep early and eliminate blue spectrum lighting after sundown.

Didn't getting out of the EU cheer you up a bit or are you too young to have known it any other way?

I disagree.

Again, think of it in terms of physical fitness. I have schizoid tendencies, but rather than accepting that as a definitive label, I just see it as a temporary state on the path of personal growth. I firmly believe that our beliefs structure our experience of reality, so I am starting to question my own beliefs that I hold about socializing (namely that it is boring, dull, painful), because like it or not, we have to deal with people to one degree or another, why not change your perception to enjoy this facet of life?

Your social skills may be weak, but just like lifting a weight, by following a disciplined regime of learning and applying techniques, you can build up your 'social muscle' just as much as a deltoid or pectoral muscle.

Depression is a disease. It is unrelated to sadness.

Here's a good lecture about it for anyone interested in the science behind it, and how to properly treat it: youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc

You're not alone. You're just sick.

Thanks, I will try these out.

>ALL THESE POSTS
>AUSSIESHIT FLAG

Sup Forums, harbinger of autism.

Do the pills do something bad to you?

>convince clinically depressed gullible people on the internet to stop taking their medication and start taking their MCT oil and zinc
>they kill themselves

You can't build up social skills at age 30 when you have a 100% social rejection rate.

>or are you too young to have known it any other way?

I'm only 24, so the UK joined the EU decades before I was born. I am glad to be getting out of it, though.

Depression is the result of behavior going against biology. You are a man. You need to be out in the world. Building. Learning. Developing as a person. Depression comes when you shut that out of your life. You are not wired to get primal satisfaction from playing video games and shitposting online.

wellbutrin, shit works really good but gives you brutal drymouth

Nor are you wired to get satisfaction being a wagecuck.

What is it then Dr. Nigel?

Oldfag who can't except change spotted.

Sorry, but things change, dickhead. Your motherboard isn't immune.

>fight=aggression
>flight=anxiety
>freeze=depression

These responses are simply reptilian brain (amygdala) reactions to stressors. It's a money making machine because depression is incredibly real and very visceral; a cornerstone of human experience.

The (((((pharmaceutical))))) industry takes advantage of this recent epidemic to make billions every year. I wonder why this could be happening??????

No.

No problem leafbro, here's a good webpage from our government about it. starttalking.ca/mental-fitness/

I've found a seven dimensional model of well-being to be the most helpful, that to fully flourish as a human being we need to be educated on how to flourish
physically,
mentally,
emotionally,
relationally,
occupationally,
environmentally, and
spiritually/philosophically
and then to implement this knowledge of these seven dimensions into our lives.

In this way well-being is a process of transformation from the inside out, and when one of these aspects/dimensions is neglected, we suffer, whether it's the wagecuck who works 16 hours a day and has no time to take care of his emotional or physical health, or the NEET who neglects his occupational flourishing and languishes in the basement. The unreflective individual neglects the spiritual, contemplative aspects of life and thus his or her life lacks meaning, and purpose, direction and coherence. The person who neglects their environment lives in squalor, or banal, uninspiring surroundings, never really flourishing and enjoying life.

Personally, I struggle with the relational dimension of life- I don't understand people, and find it incredibly hard to connect with my fellow human beings, so I'm actively learning about how to be more confident, how to socialize, how to network and persuade and build rapport. Like the fatso in the gym, it is sometimes embarrassing for me to have to ask what seem to be absolutely basic questions about how the hell you have a conversation, but it's a process.

We're all gonna make it.

>i

depression is a meme
it's either your personality or if you ever tell anyone you're attention whoring, there have been links between poor mood and brain malfunctions which i suppose you could call depression but this is almost never the case in the typical person who whines

Nah

Gives me my daily keks

Says who? Do you really have the arrogance to think you are so unique? You seriously think that if you don't have life 100% figured out by the time you're 30 you're a failure?

And your second point is spurious, I don't believe for a moment that you have experienced 100% rejection rate. I'm talking to you right now.

>be depressed and have no hope
>everyone tells you that you're stupid for having feelings
>get more depressed because everyone shuns you for expressing yourself
>stop expressing yourself

Most truly depressed people don't talk about it because they have accepted that no one gives a shit.

If you don't have anything going outside of work. You don't have kids and you're older than mid 20's. You are addicted to drugs or a vice. You don't exercise three times a week minimum. These are reasons people get depressed.

This. I've been both a NEET and employed with a pretty good weekly check.

miserable employed, miserable neet

Nobody really cares if you're a man and you're depressed. People will feel pity for a woman who's depressed, but in a man it's considered a moral failing or mental weakness. Never ever admit it to anyone outside of a setting like a support group or to a therapist. As an anxious and depression prone man in society there's really no place or pity for you.

t. anxious and depressed pussy bitch

Yet another insightful aussie post in this thread.

Exercise helps me.
Narcotics or alcohol if it's particularly bad.

What dreams have you manifested into reality user?

Really interested to hear

Stop posting this thread. The same Aussie every time. Fuck off.

Underrated.

This is true. One thing you could also add is getting out to nature and make it a goal for yourself to climb a mountain, hike, go whale watching, beach hiking. Take pics, keep them and remind yourself that you were there and you did that yourself. Pic related.

FUCK YEAH

get full-blown "suck some dicks to get your fix" addicted to an opiate, quit, and then tell me how depression isn't real

kek

we got an alpha here guys, look out.

depression is just narcissists who are shit

Same fag

I just want to also add that what you are talking about is called Spirituality. Besides putting yourself out there in nature, you can also get this through Yoga, Meditation, and reading the Bible.

But what you claim is also correct. It is mostly your own thoughts that affect you.

I'd also like to add that a lot of depression is also due to a poor diet. The most obvious being drugs, alcohol and tobacco. Then down to coffee and sugar. Depression is also caused by vitamin D defficiency and magnesium defieciency. It is also caused by heavy metal contaminants like mercury, lead, aluminum, etc. Dark leafy foods remove this from the body.

Another pic related.

The idea that 'depression' is some congenital physical malady is hilariously stupid.and yeah, autisim is bullshit too.

And PTSD.

I could go on.....

Thanks professor you got it all figured out, everyone can go home and live normal lives now

Yeah keep believing in a meme disease that has ZERO physical symptoms.

It's funny how mad all the 'redpilled' manboys get when you attack their meme diseases they use as excuses and crutches.

>autism is bullshit
yeah alright buddy

Went to christian school when i was younger, and while i respect that religion, it is just something I can't logically and honestly believe in.

I do want to look into other religions though, any recommendations Sup Forums?

I believe there is some type of force guiding things, just haven't found a very logical conclusion as of yet.

And you've called or texted me when?

Talking to people online is not a true inter-personal relationship.

>never experienced it myself
>therefore its not real
How much hubris can one have? Fucking idiot.

Post stats and links to back up your claims faggot

I'll wait

I never liked myself though. Not even as a kid.

Conflating medical depression with people who are just temporarily a bit sad but say they are "depressed" is a dangerous game.

I'm a fairly pessimistic person and have a generally low mood, I'm also a lazy fuck so it's "depressing" to me that my life is pretty shit and should by all accounts be much better when considering how smart everyone perceives me to be. I sometimes think "maybe I should kill myself", but it's sort of a joke really, since I know I would never be able to go through with it.

I've wondered if I could be considered depressed, but a few months ago when I started taking medicine for my arthritic joints, the course was a bit too overbearing for my skinny body and for a few weeks not only did I feel constantly nauseous, but I became absolutely depressed. I spent most days in bed, stopped doing the exercises I had been instructed to do, lost my appetite, lost all interest in the things I usually enjoy, and felt overwhelmingly that I am a failure and that I should kill myself. It wasn't just an emotional response, it was to me a logical conclusion that my life had no value and will never have any value. Faced with this revelation I was often not just sad but kinda panicked, there was an urgency to it. Towards the end of that period I had to go to physiotherapy and got nervous around the train tracks thinking there was a chance I could just jump. Shit was fucking startling. Thankfully it wore off as my body grew a tolerance to the dosage and I think the only thing stopping me from doing something drastic was because I was pretty certain that was going to happen.

I've told a nurse this happened, and also my friend, but I didn't mention the suicidal thoughts, and I've not said a word of it to my family.

I don't know what point I'm really making besides don't complain about it not existing until you've experienced it. You can't know what's going on in other people's brains, and it's likely even more people than you think have experienced it.

So fucking stupid. Depression or melancholy is the result of negative behavior or negative circumstance.

The idea that it is a physical disease is utter pseudoscience.

>I do want to look into other religions though, any recommendations Sup Forums?

Pic related

POST LINKS VALIDATING YOUR ARGUMENT NIGGER

>clinically depressed
>bipolar
>severe anxiety
>not on pills
still wanna kill myself though

To back up my claim that it has zero physical symptoms? Kek. How about you post a physical symptom?

Oh wait, they dont exist.

Yes and that brainscan bullshit has been discredited many times.

Good point about Vitamin D. Most people are ridiculously deficient, and it's one of the easiest things to correct, and cheaply too.

I would put being in nature as part of the environmental dimension within my well-being conceptual scheme. Our environment has a HUUUUUGE effect on our well-being, as is evident from anyone who has gone from living in a rural area to living in a densely populated city can attest. But it also extends to your living space, the way you decorate your space, the clothes you wear, the lighting of your home and work place, the quality of the air, the music you listen to, everything matters.

I think the spiritual dimension is also largely neglected, in that we have an entire generation of people who live their lives with no sense of greater meaning, or purpose. At this point, I don't believe you necessarily have to subscribe to "Desert Religions Weekly", but having a philosophical or metaphysical vision for where you come from, where you are, and where you're going seems to be indispensable to our well-being. Whether its altruism, philanthropy, politics, religion, spirituality, everyone needs some kind of meta narrative, even if their meta narrative is that there IS no meta narrative!

Is it mandatory that i ride bikes from door to door and annoy strangers with my bullshit?

Sorry, but I believe in the secular truth and therefore the scientific method.

Lol at Sup Forums believing in these nonsense meme diseases.

Still not posting links.

You are literally stupid.

The word defines you.