You like Rick and Morty? Its early stuff was a little too "intellectual" for my taste...

You like Rick and Morty? Its early stuff was a little too "intellectual" for my taste. But when Pickle Rick came out in '17, I think the show really came into its own, commercially and artistically. The whole meme has a hilarious, comical tone, and a new sheen of reddit tier humour that really gives the show a big boost. It's been compared to "wubba lubba dub dub", but I think Pickle Rick has a far more laugh-out-loud, XD sense of humor.

Was he born to play the role of Rick Sanchez in the inevitable biopic?

Why did you start a thread here? Are you getting dubs? A couple of repeating integers hahaha

Honest question. I'm not a native English speaker, so maybe I'm missing the subtle nuance of a pun or some sort of language game, but can someone explain to me what was *supposed* to be particularly funny about the line "I'M PICKLE RIIICK"? I feel like the whole point resides in the difference from simply saying "I'm *a* pickle Rick" but it still doesn't make a terrible lot of comedic sense to me. Please help. Honestly.

It's not funny, you aren't missing anything

I can understand that, but surely there must be *something* that the writers of the joke thought was funny, or was supposed to be funny. I mean, I can't even begin to imagine what on earth could someone find funny about that. Normally, most bad jokes I hear even though they fail to make me laugh, I can see where its author it's coming from or what they tried to convey, but not this time.

>I'M PICKLE RIIIIICK

It literally pains me how non-funny it sounds in my ears, Not unfunny, because that would place it the same universe as good jokes and bad jokes, but simply outside the logical possibilities of humour.

don't make such a big dill about pickle rick

I'M _______ RICK!

I know right. I had to pause because I was laughing so hard when Morty flipped the pickle over and lo and behold, it was RICK!

Morty doesn't get it, the audience doesn't get it, Its just more eclectic bullshit from rick. Its in the same realm as his wub a lub a dub dub joke

>eclectic
what?

Wait, so people still don't get this was a jab at ''lolsorandumb'' humor? It's purposefully unfunny and is implied in the dialog with Morty.

It's wacky and unexpected. That's all. Now it's funny to drive it into the ground.

PICKLE RICK!

For me it was meant exactly as that, a dumb nonsensical catch phrase making fun of the viewer laughing at everything he says.

>deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.

Why are there copies of the style section all over the place, d-do you have a dog? A little chow or something?

how is pickle rick doing that? it's just a pickle

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE MORTY
IM PICKLE MORTY RICK

no Morty!

I hate this joke so much, last night I jumped out sleep sweating and screaming I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIICK. Girlfriend dumped me on the spot. I can't get it out of my head. I'm afraid at work when I'm handling customers I'm just gonna burst out nowhere in the middle of a business discussion and scream I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIIICK. What the fuck do I do.