British telly

Get in here lads. What stuff that's currently airing are you watching?
Rellik is quite good and suspenseful, enjoying that. Cats Does Countdown and Taskmaster are good fun. Haven't bothered with Strictly yet but it is a guilty pleasure of mine, any fit girls on this year?
What'cha watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6GUsFvWrWbw
youtube.com/watch?v=TfFSxyrCnLk
bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3pF9MtQXRXjYwsrtXjJZ5Mr/drama-from-the-bbc
youtube.com/watch?v=lr7WChCUAXI
youtube.com/watch?v=UpWus7NUeyY
youtube.com/watch?v=UvSsMp9nhfY
youtube.com/watch?v=jR2JhgYGGs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

'Ello, mate. Just skimmed through some past telly of the best moments in Would I Lie to You? Proper quality.

Also had a right laugh with this clip: youtube.com/watch?v=6GUsFvWrWbw

Watching ITV news

Fuck Boeing desu

Can't currently go out and get a replacement aerial for the ol' box because I haven't payed my fresh air tax.

There's nothing to fucking watch! Just a load of Pratts Bottom adverts and Loose Women! AKA a load of bollocks.

I just binge watched Can't Pay? We'll take it away. I don't know why i watched all 5 series of this.

As for other brit tv, just watched broadchurch s1 and it was great.

Peep Show

Why are you talking like a retard?

Current British TV is pretty shit since the BBC has been ran into the ground by diversity shills and everyone else just follows suit.

"Retard"? That's not me. That's also not on. Not cool.

I tend to keep to the BBC because I can't stand adds. Only good thing airing there atm is Rellik though.

Broadchurch was great. Some might tell you otherwise, but I suggest you watch the 2nd and 3rd series as well, they're really good.

Can't get enough of WILTY. I actually watched that Danny Dyer episode last week and pissed myself. The Christmas one with Ray Winstone is a classic as well.

Maybe he's talking like danny dyer in the fucking clip he posted you daft cunt.

i watch tipping point and the chase every day, lad. gameshow kino, only fags watch pointless.

What's rellik? Please don't tell me it's another london gritty police drama.

Agreed, that Christmas Special with Ray & Rachel Riley was great.

Just watched this clip now with Sean Lock, I couldn't breath: youtube.com/watch?v=TfFSxyrCnLk

use imdb you tool

what did people think of strike?
i thought it was unbelievably run-of-the-mill, only got made cus its got jk rowling's name on it

Ray Winstone's "Just keeping an eye on the Germans" line is one of the best moments in WILTY. The clip you linked is also amazing, Sean Lock telling it like it is (while James Corden doesn't contribute anything and just laughs at other people's jokes for the entire episode).

It's a serial murder case told in reverse, it starts with the apparent capture of the culprit (which is quickly revealed to be the wrong guy) and works its way backwards to the start of the case. Kinda like Memento.
It's done by the same guys who did The Missing which was excellent in my opinion.

Has anybody watched Victoria?

I can only agree. The book's the same, barely sold and panned by the critics. Then she pulled the bullshit 'Alright, you got me, I wrote it' and suddenly it's the most original detective story in years.

I read and liked the three books out so far but thought the adaptation was a bit naff. They cut out a lot of stuff and rushed the plot, especially with The Silkworm.
The books spend a lot of time showing the main characters' inner thoughts which was a huge part of what made the stories good, because the characters were believable and fleshed out in that way. I know it's hard to adapt inner thoughts on screen, but still. The series is best enjoyed in book form I think.
That said, the people who played Strike and Robin did a great job.

>Haven't bothered with Strictly yet but it is a guilty pleasure of mine, any fit girls on this year?
I checked the line-up and it's terrible. I usually know at least half of the "celebrities", but the only ones I've even heard of are Susan Calman and Richard Coles

I think Gunpowder has clear meme potential.
Kit Harrington goes Full Nootka.
Surely it should be on soon to hit the 5th of November?

bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3pF9MtQXRXjYwsrtXjJZ5Mr/drama-from-the-bbc

Fuck me they best not make the terrorists the good guys.

That actually looks pretty decent, wasn't aware of this. Good cast as well.

>tfw deep down I really prefer normal comfy Countdown.

That one show with the gay person in it.

I've never watched an episode in my life. I guess it's nice if you like playing along while watching. Personally I kinda zone out when they do the letters and numbers on the Cats version, I just watch it for the banter and the ridiculous props. And Rachel Riley. And Susie Dent.

I think RR is hotter when she is playing it straight.
You've got to wonder what sort of body count she is racking up in retirement home heart attacks.

It's actually almost evil to have someone like Rachel Riley on a daytime game show whose main audience is over 60 years old. Must also cause some spats between old couples not in retiring homes yet. Grandad's obviously watching it for Riley while pretending to his wife that he watches it for the maths it's good for his aging brain.

new series Philip k dick electric dreams lil low key kino from BBC 4 available on amazon or go movies.

>What's rellik? Please don't tell me it's another london gritty police drama.
It basically is, but with the twist that it's shown in reverse. I've only seen the first ep and it's pretty good but I'll wait until it's over and binge it. It stars based Beric Dondarrion as the main detective

>Philip k dick electric dream
Never heard of the man but looking at wikipedia the series sounds interesting, and with a decent cast, might give it a go.

All British telly is shit. All of it.

Apart from Louis Theroux.

It's not bbc4 its channel 4

>Apart from Louis Theroux.
Go on.

>any fit girls on this year?
eastenders?

Still run by Jews and queers, is it?

>Pop knob in fanny
Those outtakes were hilarious

I don't really watch television anymore. I have a television set but I plug my computer in it. If I hear about something good I watch it online in one or two sittings.
Sometimes I hear about some good drama months after it was on television.

Same here, if something's really good I'll hear about it, the BBC's (kinda) recent Agatha Christie adaptations were really good but I watched them like a year after they aired

bumping with barry kino
youtube.com/watch?v=lr7WChCUAXI

Barry off Eastenders has a surprisingly amazing singing voice. Took me by surprise when I watched Life's Too Short.

Who's the fittest girl on Corrie lads?

British telly will never get better than this

What happened to Freddie and Cook in the end? Wasn't Freddie murdered by Effie's counsellor or something?

How does this make you feel, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=UpWus7NUeyY

Effy's therapist banged Freddie to death with a baseball bat because he was in love with her or something. Then Cook confronted him and the screen faded to black. Pure kino

So they put her through so that they could bone her?

I only watch EE and only sporadically. Tanya was well fit milf-tier, dunno if she's still in it though. Is Corrie worth watching for the girls?

Skins? I somehow never caught that. I know it's about teenage life or something, but is it funny or depressing?

This. Current bong tv is a shamefru dispray.

youtube.com/watch?v=UvSsMp9nhfY

So this is what lesbians talk about on their first date... hard pass

Skins is mary sue fantasy wank for teenagers. It's the life teenagers tell each other they have, when in fact they're more like the Ibetweeners.

Skins is to teenage life what Die Another Day is to espionage.

I used to watch Eastenders for Lauren.
Corrie has the odd qt, Eva's always getting her knockers on show which is nice even if she has a face like a bulldog. The odd time Rosie's in it she's a knockout. Sarah Platt is nice too. I've got a soft spot for Anna Windass though.

I've heard that comparison before. The Inbetweeners is a representation of the average teenager's life, while Skins is what teenagers would have liked their teens to be.
So basically Skins is just about a group of teenagers who get drunk and fuck? Is it still enjoyable?
I'm still not sure if it's a drama or a comedy.

I'm from the generation that were of an age with that particular series of Skins. I can tell you that it actually encouraged teenagers to go out and do drugs and have parties and casual sex like that because they wanted to be cool.
There was a whole epidemic of 'Skins parties' taking place.

Yeah I remember late night drunken orgies on the school fields.
Skins ruined a generation.

lads, human planet on bbc iplayer expires soon, if you want some humans doing crazy shit in weird places to survive then get ur dose of kino before it all disappears, got about 2-3 weeks left. john hurt voices it and it was of the last nature narration he did before he rip

The fact they aimed it at A Levels age students is the worst thing about it. Uni students I could understand, but sixth formers are basically still children.

>Philip k dick
>Never heard of the man

That makes me feel really old.

Kids were doing that degenerate shit in my secondary school.

Asking again, is Skins funny? Or just teenage drama that glorifies alcohol and orgies? It seemed pretty damn popular at the time, but I'm looking for a new comedy show to watch, and if Skins is just "Project X: the series", I'll leave it.

just teenage drama that glorifies alcohol and orgies
It also glorifies drugs.

Oh never mind then. Might've been interesting to watch when I was at that age, but that doesn't sound appealing at all now.
Yet I still rewatch The Inbetweeners from time to time, I wonder what that says about me

i keep meaning to rewatch the Ideal boxset but not got round to it.

I got through about one series of that before I dropped it, that was years ago though and my memory of it is hazy. It was alright, but the whole weed setting didn't grab me. Does it get better in later series (like most series do)?
Lasting for seven series is quite a feat so it must've been popular. I just wonder if it's aimed at stoners or if it's just generally good comedy.

well it has a fantastic cast, music and so on. you'll recognize every other actor.

maybe its mostly aimed at working class stoners, and later on it gets much more unhinged, and surreal at times. but it maintains fantastic characterization.

i also recommend Nathan Barley if ya'll haven't seen it, though its pretty much just a short pilot season, should be on youtube

Can't Pay? We'll take it away is the true goat tv show.

There's some good names on the cast list I see yeah.
I don't mind it being aimed at working class people, I just despise the whole "lol weed" thing you get in those horrible stoner movies like Pineapple Express and anything Seth Rogan is in.
If it's just about Johnny Vegas living in a council flat making a living selling weed to a range of interesting characters, that's fine. If they're just on a sofa all day smoking weed and spouting nonsense to each other, that'd be off-putting

Let me guess your a working/middle class male between the ages 15-30 and you feel like you're superior to everyone around you

yes

Cool me too, wanna hang out

>Anglos watch families loose everything and laugh
truly evil

>Can't Pay?
>Pennymore Walk

Ya can't hide from debt, senpai. I laugh at the people that get angry. Judgement day was gonna come soon.

>ever watching anything from channel 5

>family struggle through the worst moment of their lives
>Some cunts come and film it for the world to see and laugh at their misery
awful, you should be ashamed

I've never seen it and I don't intend to, but surely they need permission to film the people suffering from debt? Even if they obscure their faces digitally that's pretty fucking bad. Or do the families get paid to have their homes torn apart?

and now she gets One-D'd

I don't think I have the heart to watch that, I still can't hear John Hurt's voice without feeling terrible.
When David Attenborough dies I imagine there will be an official week of mourning.

>not watching their GOAT programme
It's your loss mate.

It's their fault they get in that mess. Sometimes it ain't which I have sympathy for but the ones that try and lie about shit are the ones I laugh at.

Not a native but isn't Channel 5 the one that mainly does fucked up documentaries about people with disabilities?

>It's their fault they get in that mess. Sometimes it ain't which I have sympathy for but the ones that try and lie about shit are the ones I laugh at.
Again, I never watched it, but obviously there's people in real trouble and there's cheating cunts trying to outrun the law. I just don't see the entertainment value in watching other people who are in worse situations than you suffer. Then again, stuff like the X Factor is pretty popular so maybe this is what the general public gets off on.

>I just don't see the entertainment value in watching other people who are in worse situations than you suffer. Then again, stuff like the X Factor is pretty popular so maybe this is what the general public gets off on.

People enjoy drama. Hence why Jeremy Kyle is popular. We like watching other peoples misery

Might be a British thing. I've noticed that a lot of popular stuff involves forced drama, misery and humiliation. I guess people feel better about themselves when seeing other people in worse circumstances.
Not saying Dutch telly is any good. In fact I think we're responsible for Big Brother and pretty much all that shite Endemol produces, since it's a Dutch company.

I personally just mainly watch British telly for comedy.

Is Jeremy Kyle the UK equivalent of Jerry Springer? Just obscure lowlife people turning up with a ridiculous story and Kyle just shouts at them while the audience applauds?

Can someone please tell me what the hell David Mitchell is doing in that Shakespeare sitcom? A friend told me it existed the other day, and they actually make a joke about how ridiculous the concept of Big Brother is. I know he has a wife now and and probably needs more work than panel shows can provide. But this was just dire.

>Next up on Channel Four; following the lives of three Muslim transgender families on benefits in "Let's Mock People But Don't Actually," next on Four

I actually kinda like it. It's not amazing or ground-breaking in any way, but it's entertaining. It doesn't take itself seriously and it's full of jabs at Shakespeare's works. The running joke of him complaining about his coach journey every episode being a piss take at modern public transport (someone on the coach was speaking Welsh and they stopped the coach thinking he was a terrorist) and the girl wanting to act in his plays being dismissed as preposterous because only men can play female roles in plays. And the guy from the acting troupe who's basically Ricky Gervais. There's some good laughs there, but I can see how people think it's a bit dull.

Ronnie was my favourite from EE. Especially when she was thicc.

Haven't watched EE in ages. Any hotties currently in? I heard that Ronnie and Roxy are gone, as well as Tanya.
Lauren and Stacey still there?

youtube.com/watch?v=jR2JhgYGGs0

Jesus how much do you have to hate yourself to do that job.

Someone has to do it, but thank fuck I have other ambitions rather than kicking people when they're down.

Fail whatever test they require for Community support officers?

trash tier

I love Matt Betty.

Toast of London kind of sucks.

I am conflicted.

>Toast of London kind of sucks.
seriously m8... fuck off