Star Trek: Federation was an undeveloped Star Trek spin-off to be produced by Bryan Singer. Set in the year 3000...

>Star Trek: Federation was an undeveloped Star Trek spin-off to be produced by Bryan Singer. Set in the year 3000, the show was to chronicle a period of decline and rebirth for the United Federation of Planets, spearheaded by a crew on a new USS Enterprise.

>Humanity has become complacent, and many worlds have left the Federation because of its Human-centric nature. Starfleet is stretched thin and many of its ships are outdated. A new enemy called the Scourge attack and destroy the USS Sojourner and two colony worlds. The only survivor is Lieutenant Commander Alexander Kirk. The authorities refuse to believe his story, a state of affairs that causes Vulcan, Bajor, and Betazed to leave in disgust at the corruption of the UFP, leaving it with only twenty systems under its control.

>The Ferengi become the dominant power in the galaxy, and make money by spreading the Bajoran religion and making Bajor into a major place of pilgrimage. The Vulcans reunify with the Romulans. The Cardassian and Klingon societies have evolved into more mystical and less warlike cultures, though the Klingon Empire is expanding once more (but they are still on good terms with the Federation).

>Admiral Nelscott commissions a new USS Enterprise to return the Federation to its goal of going boldly, but with the ulterior objective of finding the Scourge. After its captain and first officer are killed, Commander Kirk (third-in-command) is promoted to captain of a crew of four hundred.

Honestly this sounds like a kickass concept, why wasn't it used instead of a tired war drama prequel we got called STD? You can even pull other Roddenberry ideas like the bio-engineered Nietzscheans from Andromeda as to why some humans in the federation started drifting away from its core values. Instead Jar Jar came along, and the whole prequel nonsense started.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Federation

This sounds awesome, especially that it wouldn't fuck up technology consistency and would actually allow to break the mold.

of course prequels are inherently regressive and contradictory, Enterprise was the limit fans would have accepted as a series & Axanar was based of canon events described by with the show or gene.

Discovery mistake was being set in the past

what's a scourge?

>year 3000

It would cause various problems with the subsequent 24'th century series. (TNG/DS9/VOY)

It would be better if it happened in the 25th century.

year 3000 is 31st century dummy

>It would cause various problems with the subsequent 24'th century series.

How?

According to Voyager time travel is a common thing by like the 29th or 30th century, and I'm pretty sure that's in a timeline where Janeway didn't use future technology to defeat the Borg

(cont. because my intoxicated ass forgot to finish my post)
Basically the technology gap in general would be too great if it was set in the 31st century

Just explain it away by the Federation falling to ruin

I dont know how you can set it that far into the future without looking kind of silly. I mean it's already a stretch (realistically) showing how technologically advanced things are in the current shows and humans being basically unchanged.

How can humans still be something we as an audience can relate to in a year 3000 Star Trek? It's like the concept of of singularity doesn't exist at all for the Star Trek creators.

I had an idea for a DS9/VOY sequel which would be as follows:

>Cardassia is in ruins after the climax of the Dominion War and has been made a pariah a la Germany and the treaty of Versailles. Cardassia's imperial assets have been seized from it and the core Cardassian worlds are now in tatters. Cardassia is slowly being brought into the fold of the Federation against its will.
>Bajor benefits most from this, largely due to the reparations paid to them by the Cardassians. They take a larger role in the Federation as their power grows, especially with control of the Bajoran wormhole (the Panama Canal of space) being vital.
>We have a Bajoran and a Cardassian on the ship, and they squabble a lot, eventually growing to like and respect each other ie Gimli and Legolas.
>The Federation begins colonising worlds in the Gamma Quadrant and the Delta Quadrant using the information gathered by Voyager.
>The Klingons, galvanised by their victories in the Dominion War, experience a militarist surge, giving them their own ambitions in the other quadrants as well.
>This race for resources causes rifts with their Dominion War allies the Federation.
>Romulus is in turmoil following Shinzon's antics in Nemesis. Strides are being made for peace projects with their Vulcan cousins, but there are many hardcore loyalist Romulans who don't bury the hatchet so easily. The Romulan Star Empire is in a quasi state of civil war.
>The Ferengi do what they do best and are profiting from all this chaos.
>As well as explorers, our Enterprise team is tasked as a peacekeeping force by the Federation. With all the terror and turmoil in the galaxy, their explorations lead to adventure.

Sorry for fanfic-ing. My memory was jogged about this whilst watching STD.

If would have to benon enterprise based, since picard would still be in command.

That's true. Although Picard did graduate to admiral at some point before Star Trek XI.
A Data/B4 captaincy could be cool but I doubt that he'd come back for a long term show.

>Cardassia is slowly being brought into the fold of the Federation against its will

Sounds like my idea for a show about Garak and Section 31. Cardassian space is divided between the Federation, Klingons and Romulans. Federation occupies Cardassia Prime itself. Section 31 recruits Garak to be their secret power behind the Cardassian puppet government. The Federation wants to prepare Cardassians to join the Federation. Garak works for Section 31, but secretly has misgivings. He would eventually choose between joining the Feds or to rebel. I haven't decided which would be better.

We need to mind-meld.

I also had the idea of Bajor and Cardessia joking the Federation. With Cardessia doing it out of necessity.
But then I would focus on the tensions between Earth and Cardessia as they are vying for dominance.

This

bryan singer never made anything good

Everything better than prequels or reboots. There is no excuse that the franchise hasn't jumped forward at least 100 years, except cowardice.

I forgot to add another idea I had.
>The Romulan terrorists develop a rapidly mutating virus made using Dominion DNA that mutates into a disease that can wipe out entire populations.