Why is this movie so underrated? Is it because of its “toxic masculinity”? What does Sup Forums think?

Why is this movie so underrated? Is it because of its “toxic masculinity”? What does Sup Forums think?

Seems like it's rated quite highly.

You sure you just aren't a whiny fucking cunt?

It was okay but honestly

What the fuck was the point

same here.

it was well made, but at the end didn't get much out of it.

the writer's other movie is good though, Hell or High Water.

>underrated

by who?

The main character is a killer but yet she is scared to kill later on in the movie

What happened
She blew a guys head off

Literal 10/10

It's not underrated, and how the hell did you get "toxic masculinity" as a theme of this film?

It's just showing scenes from an endless "war" that can't possibly ever be won, where the collateral damage on innocents greatly exceeds any good being accomplished. You can kill an enemy, but you can't ever defeat the law of supply and demand.

Josh Brolin's character, and Jeffrey Donovan's character for the brief time he's in the movie, also add something to this theme - They don't believe they can win, either. But they're having a great time trying. It seems like they honestly just get real enjoyment from trying to outsmart their enemies, planning & executing attacks, and fighting. If the "war on drugs" ends, the fun's over.

The intensity was dialed up to 11 for this entire fucking movie, then the payoff at the end was a bit of a let down.

Still pretty good. 8/10

underrated by whom? your high school friends? jeez, grow up, mate. the film is nearly universally lauded.

>female lead character
>weak
>indecisive
>terrible intuitive skills
>slut
>absolutely useless
at least it was realistic

I don't think that relates to "toxic masculinity"

who the fuck said it was underrated?

look, it has amazing reviews.
it's highly rated.

if you dont know what you're talking about, then go away

I don't think so either, I was just adding on to the second part of the post above. Not about "toxic masculinity" but examining the goals & motives of the war on drugs

nah he MADE a dude suck his dick. That's not gay it's an act of dominance

>but yet

end yourself at your earliest convenience

>Why is this movie so underrated?
It isn't. If anything, it's overrated.
>Is it because of its “toxic masculinity”?
This is a shitty attempt to deflect any criticism.

OP is a faggot. Sage goes in all fields.

Jeffrey Donovan's character has a bigger role in the sequel. I'm hype.

It got no love from the Academy.

because the first kill was in self defence, and part of her job