So I just watched Evangelion and was thoroughly impressed, including the neat animation

So I just watched Evangelion and was thoroughly impressed, including the neat animation.

Why is this derided so much again?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/831686
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to Sup Forums where u can sperge out about how this movie is about masturbation or depression or how it is so psychological
They have a thread every day youll love comparing autism over there

>Why is this derided so much again?

Sup Forums hates it because it's accessible (read; not total shit like most anime)
Sup Forums hates it because they're in denial that Sup Forums is an anime image board and this is the one anime that still gets heavily recommended and discussed on the board

You should go to Sup Forums, you seem to be the one who's so worked up about it.

thread deleted in 3..2...

Ye man dont go to the board that has the discussion youre after.
Good thinking!

T h i s

It's derided because people keep making threads on the wrong boards about it instead of going to the board that's sole purpose is to discuss anime

>Sup Forums
>C
pathetic cancerous newfrog playing catch up yet too proud to go to one of the few Sup Forums boards left

>Why is this derided so much again?
It isn't. Evangelion is an original masterwork and one of those few things that only contrarians shit on. It's so good it's annoying.

Sup Forums doesn't hate it at all, Sup Forums posters just don't know how to make Sup Forums threads so you get met with violence when you post something. You want a good eva thread that will never tire, post pic related and ask which one is better.

Derided by whom? It is regarded as one of the best anime of all time. If you?re talking about this site, well, this site hates everything.

anime is for fags, this isn't 2005. This shithole has evolved since then.

>This level of denial
If you don't like anime, you don't belong on this website.

lol

it's not.
it's a masterpiece.

>If you don't like anime, you don't belong on this website.
t. started posting on Sup Forums in the 2010s

Plebs don't like it because
>Le just get in the fucking robot quit being emo Shinji XD
Contrarians """hate""" it because it's popular
Everyone else knows it's kino

So you're trollface-era cancer and you've denied yourself the zenith of the visual medium for seven years? That's just pitiable. Enviable in some ways, all of that unwatched 11/10 material.

>It isn't. Evangelion is an original masterwork and one of those few things that only contrarians shit on.
Okay, I'll bite. I detest everything about this series, from it's concept, to its fanbase, to the reasons why people say it's good, (which sound incredibly pretentious), etc. However, I've only see a few minutes of the movie, (shutting it off after I realized I had no idea what the fuck was going on and never would), and the first episode, but other than that, I know nothing about the series. How much should I watch before I can decide that it's not for me?

I don't want to watch Evangelion because I never liked giant piloted robots and I know I never will, hell I stopped watching Attack on Titan for the same reason

You seem to have already decided, either watch the whole thing with an open mind or don't waste your time

I adore Evangelion, but the first episode admittedly isn't very good. It's full of weird, awkward moments and characterizations that will later be changed.
I would watch episodes 1, 2, and 3 and then decide whether to continue.

>However, I've only see a few minutes of the movie
Sup Forums in a nutshell.

>How much should I watch before I can decide that it's not for me?
You seriously watch things with the intention to hate them? Not even going to talk to you. Humbly unpleb yourself before talking to me again.

AoT is kiddie schlock.

Yeah this is the celebrity gossip board with occasional Star Wars prequel apologism

No, I watched the first episode with an open-mind and I didn't like it. There are plenty of shows with slow starts, and eventually become better than they began, so I'm wondering if it applies to Eva.

Nothing is sacred on Sup Forums; someone's always going to hate something, no matter how well-recieved it is. It's one of the joys of human nature, only less joyous as everyone here wants to be an autistic jackass.

Sup Forums has a lot of teenagers and pseuds who have been so ingrained with cancerous youtube and mainstream internet culture that they automatically scream weeb when they see literally anything related to anime. Case in point: Someone who decided they hate it before they even watched it and lacks the attention span to watch more than 20 minutes before dropping it.

3.33 when? It's been five fucking years

Don't forget to get a version with Director's Cut versions of episodes 21-24 if you're just getting into Eva.

Why is this off-topic thread still up? is zero watching Sup Forums again?

>You seriously watch things with the intention to hate them?
Literally never said anything of the sort, faggot. I was just saying that what little of the series I've experienced does not appeal to me, which isn't the same as having an "intention to hate them."

Eva is just a mecha show with a jazz sountrack and slight psychological undertones for the first dozen episodes. Its unconventional aspects start showing up at episode 14 or so.

Oh yeah, of course. The director's cut of episode 22 (Asuka's breakdown) makes a 7/10 episode a true 10/10.

This, get the Sephirotic BDs on nyaa

Where the hell is this streaming online? Everywhere I Look, it isn't available. Even shit like Showbox and Popcorn Time don't have it listed.

>I detest this series
>I hate it's concept
>I had no idea what was going on
>I BARELY WATCHED IT
>sounds pretentious
>I let the fanbase effect my opinion of the show
Jesus Christ, get a fucking clue

Get a version with DC episodes 21-24. The series takes on a dramatic tone shift after episode 13(the second half). Shit basically gets more and more real until the end from that point. The first half is typical above-average mecha anime with some fresh concept.

>anime

>I detest everything about this series
>has watched literally one (1) episode

Most people can't stand the protagonists are three depressed teenagers even though the point is that they're supposed to be the opposite of what you expect out of mech heroes. At least that's the criticism I hear the most of.

What do you guys think of the dubs? They're the only version I've seen. I've seen parts of the Japanese version and I just don't like the VAs, and for the most part, the dub is very good.

>Sup Forums hates it
They don't hate it, they just like it for the wrong reasons

Rei isn't really depressed in much of any way.

Evangelion is barely about piloting giant robots. To start with they're not even robots.

>streaming
Here, I'll spoonfeed you: nyaa.si/view/831686

What scenes change?

Yeah? What might these 'reasons' be?

I'm just saying shit I hear from other people who hate the show. I agree with you.

I have seen many threads on both boards, and I can tell you that Sup Forums has better Eva and Berserk threads than the ones on Sup Forums.

Terrible voice acting as usual with dubs, Asuka is cute in Japanese but entirely insufferable in English. You also lose some dialogue. It's better than most but dubs are always inferior.

Rei isn't depressed, she's just going through an existential crisis
Asuka isn't really depressed, she has a bunch of issues but depression isn't one of them
I'd go as far as to say even Shinji doesn't really display symptoms of depression

>torrent
If I wanted to torrent I'd fucking torrent. I'm on the road and don't feel like downloading everything to my phone. Hence why I ask for where's streaming it.

The dub - from what little I've sat through - is fucking terrible. The sub is worth watching for Shinji's voice acting alone, and generally all of the performances are better.

Well they completely disregard the psychological and philosophical aspects of the show and just wanna talk about waifus

Fuck I remember watching Eva for the first time on kissanime's shitty stream, then rewatching with this version a few years later. It's a great experience.

this x1000000000

>watching movies on your phone

>i detest everything about this series
>only watched the first 5 minutes of the movie and one episode
you just proved that user right: you are the absolute definition of a contrarian

>Sup Forums has better Berserk threads than Sup Forums
No, you just don't know how to make threads on Sup Forums and probably got chased out for some "Berserk is so cool!!1!" thread.

There is literally always a Berserk thread up discussing the manga on Sup Forums, miles deeper than anything you'll get here.

Asuka isn't depressed until the last few episodes either. She has a lot of issues, but not depression.

There's a new intro, I believe the mind rape sequence is altered, and there are just some small things throughout. One of my favorite moments that I'm pretty sure wasn't in the original was Asuka in the bathroom screaming that she hates Misato, Shinji, Rei, herself, etc, and then a hard cut to the next day, where Asuka is silently sitting in the Eva and her sync ratio has fallen lower than ever.

It's only about piloting robots in the literal, surface sense.

I swear it's like there's a group of conspirators that have it out for Eva and intentionally derail any thread that shows up on Sup Forums with waifu shitposting

Maybe I'm biased because it was the first anime I ever watched but I thought the dub was pretty good
Shinji and asuka in particular

this applies to every anime. voice acting is huge in Japan but in America its seen as a bottom of the barrel job that people who can't act fall into. studio ghibli is an exception because their partnered with Disney and can afford good actors.

>Wanting to talk about phenomenological reasoning and cognitive relativism when these things are obvious and concisely demonstrated
>Not wanting to talk about tits and ass
Gays.

This post is cute.

This website was literally created so that Moot could have a safe space to talk about his waifu(Asuka).

I love Asuka's English VA the most out of any of them.

I've heard that about Shinji's original VA, so I sat down and listened to some of it and I really don't see anything that great about it.

There's a extra scene or two from the second impact, IIRC.

Asuka's English VA is absolute garbage. Her exaggerated inflection is cringeworthy. I always presume she only got the job because she speaks German, but they probably wouldn't have found anyone better.

idk, maybe take it up with people on the anime board?

Unironically one of my favourite movies ever

>I sat down and listened to some of it
Jesus fucking christ

also The Sopranos is better

...What?

Best angel design?
>implying it isn't pic related

Of course it's Ramiel. Octahedrons are objectively the best geometrical object.

There are clues about what is happening throughout the episodes but you don't really get the full picture until the end. Even then a few things are left unanswered. It's very Lynchian in that way. It's also meta in the way that a lot of the anime trope stuff is there to get subverted in the final episodes. Also the movie isn't really a movie, it's two episodes that have a higher budget. Personally I dropped it a few times over the years but after I watched it all the way through it's one of my favorite things ever. End of Evangelion in particular transcends being just anime and is worthy of being considered one of the greatest films of the last decade.

Anyone who says otherwise is outting themselves as mentally disabled. Especially in the Rebuild, god damn.

All the angels were so fucking cool looking

I'd watch an entire show just about them

since you already posted the best one im gonna post the worst angel