Should we care about Wonder Man?

Should we care about Wonder Man?

Why not?

I care about Simon. Easily one of my top five Avengers.

>you will never go to a jazz club with Simon, Vision and Beast
why live?

>why live
Because you aren't in any way associated with Beast.

That's a very healthy lifestyle choice.

Is it weird that I've always preferred his original Green costume? It's distinctive, and works as both a villain and hero costume.

Not loving the safari jacket best? Yes, that's weird. You're weird.

I like the character but hate every single one of his costumes.

That's second place. Third is the second black suit.

What is the point of Wonder Man? Wasn't he just made to give the Avengers a powerhouse when Thor and Hulk weren't around?

You might as well ask what's the point of any character. And the Hulk was NEVER around.

>character is defined by their powerset

I hope that one day he can make his way out of Rogue.

I also love the original green suit.

I get it! Wonder Man isn't defined by his powerset, so what IS he defined by? What's his backstory? I came into Marvel comics around 2005 so I'm guessing I missed a lot of his stories.

Soon

Short version. Tony Stark ran his company out of business and Simon embezzled to try to pull his ass out of the fire but got caught. He was ruined financially and socially and got recruited by the first Baron Zemo and was given powers and the Wonder Man identity to infiltrate the Avengers. He predictably decided he'd rather be a hero than Zemo's stooge.

Then he died. And came back. Get used to that. Simon does it a lot. Like, all those jokes about Jean Grey dying and coming back? That shit actually applies to Simon.

Then he decides to be an actor. He never becomes a superstar, but he's at a solid Bruce Campbell level in the Marvel U.

In between all that and dying a lot he romances the Scarlet Witch, gets his brain copied as a template for the Vision's mind, deals with his moronic racist supervillain brother, and is best buddies with the Beast when Hank's not being an utter cunt.

And he mostly manages to keep a good attitude about all of this stuff.

>started out as a villain with his brother Grim Reaper.
>became a hero after many times questioning his family
>long relationship with Scarrlet witch
>Beasts best bro
>dies
>Ultron copies his mind into Vision
>both friendship and relationship come because Vision is a copy
>come back to life
>not sure where he fits in anymore since Vision took over his life
>tries to be a bro, but it never quite works

I'm missing a lot but what is there got me interested

>1:08 am
>bright as shit
ONE FUCKING JOB

Huh, his story actually does have potential. I could see him being the leader of the MCU's Thunderbolts when Zemo Or Thunderbolt Ross breaks him out and establishes the group.

His brother is the supervillain Grim Reaper? I thought Grim Reaper was a HYDRA villain like Crossbones. How is Wonder Man's relationship with his brother? You know, it would be a nice change of pace for a Superhero to have an evil brother, but isn't overly antagonist with each other. Kind of a "You stay in your lane, I stay in mine, and we both meet up at christmas and family reunions" kind of thing.

Source? I´m interested

wtf I love agents of shield now

>I thought Grim Reaper was a HYDRA villain

Only in the cartoon. Which, incidentally, is the only version of him that's cool. It's amazing what removing stupid headgear and adding Lance Henriksen's voice can do for a guy.

Though, Reaper's basically the worst racist ever. Long standing partnership with Man-Ape and relationship with Nekra (but it's okay because she's an albino and therefore doesn't count as black).