BO: 620 million

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=michaelbay.htm
ew.com/article/2016/12/08/logan-early-reactions-praise-gritty-tone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Transformers movie making under a billion
You are already wrong

>Transformers that low
Look man, I don't like it either, but it will probably make more than that in China alone.

>Logan
>RT: 94%

63% is the highest I can go

>he thinks Transformers will make less than a billion

This list is already shit

>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
>RT: 80%
>BO: 800MM

>>Wonder Woman
>RT: 70% (Implying it won't earn brownie points)
>BO: 700 million

>>Transformers 5
>RT: 13%
>BO: 900 MM

>>Spider-Man: Homecoming
>RT: 63%
>BO: 900MM

>>Thor: Ragnarok
>RT: 64%
>BO: 600MM

>>Justice League
>RT: 50%
>BO: 1.2 Billion

>Wonder Woman
>RT: 40%
>BO: 400 million

this is pretty accurate, not only was it in the middle of production during the management and direction change, it also does have only Chris Pine at best, who can carry this film as Gadot is void of any charisma.

I hope Transformers finally flops. Please pull a TMNT.

Nah, RT is far too low. It'll get a +30% markup from left-wing reviewers who see it as an "important" movie, same as Ghostbusters 2016 and Food Fight.

You're not seriously doing this again

>Power Rangers
>RT: 22%
>BO: 315 million
I fucking wish. It's probably gonna do like 5-600k

>RT: 96%
>BO: 1.3 billion
I agree with that RT score but I cannot see it doing better than Civil War

>Justice League
>RT: 25%
>BO: 620 million
Isn't this underselling it a little much?

>i think these live-action movies will make this much money

Sure is comics and cartoons in here.

If it's an adaptation based on a comic or cartoon it's game to talk about here.

>Isn't this underselling it a little much?
Nope. This year having 2 bad DC films in a row will definitely effect the box office for the next two, and Justice League only has two weeks to make it's money back before Star Wars rapes it. It doesn't have the novelty of seeing all of these character together for the first time since that already happened in BvS.

Why? I think Fox is seriously turning their X-Men films around. Plus it's meant to the be the last hurrah for Jackman and Stewart in X-men films.

This. Even adjusting for inflation they've been making more and more since 2007. They're never going away.

It's reputed to be awful. A mediocre story overshadowed by knowing nods to "the fans" about how this is the last Jackman/Stewart outing. A lot of test audiences were apparently confused as to why it even needed to be a road movie other than to get the two men on screen as much as possible.

>Wonder Woman
It still will get the same treatment as Ghostbusters 2016

WW is initially a girl-based franchise and not "Women are funny get over it" comedians taking over male roles, ie, no angry nerds to take a stand against. It may get a little more leeway by some but the Snyder-isms in it will still be judged as a DCEU movie.

>Logan
>94%

What do we know about this movie to give us high hopes, other than the fact that everyone really likes the trailer song?

Also, Guardians, Spider-Man and Thor in the same year? Christ.

Plus Gal Gadot is too bad of an actress to try to defend and she's doing a serious character.

Yeah Marvel is now releasing three films a year

there's a bunch of movies this summer, another minions movie comes out right after transformers so that takes away the little kids

>>Justice League
Why the fuck do you think JL will break a billion?

>It's reputed to be awful. A mediocre story overshadowed by knowing nods to "the fans" about how this is the last Jackman/Stewart outing. A lot of test audiences were apparently confused as to why it even needed to be a road movie other than to get the two men on screen as much as possible.
Want to give a source on that or is it your ass?

>Even adjusting for inflation they've been making more and more since 2007.

No they haven't. Transformers 4 had a huge drop in the domestic box office
boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=michaelbay.htm

Someone make a dcfag version so I can screen both and always be smug

>(Implying it won't earn brownie points)
SS didn't get brownie points for having the most diverse superhero team in a movie.

see

>(Implying it won't earn brownie points)
I really don't think it will. Being a comic movie and especially being in the DCEU will bring it down to "normal" review levels

Because they were heterosexual

>I agree with that RT score but I cannot see it doing better than Civil War
The first GoTG had a good multiplier and actually had a percentage increase in week 5
It did very well on home video
It's getting the same spot Cap 3 got, first week of summer
And the second teaser is Marvel's second most watched across youtube and facebook
plus you got Baby Groot for normie appeal

The Joker did some faggy things for sure

I don't get why people think GotG didn't have normie appeal when Star Wars is one of the most beloved franchises of all time and it had yoda in it.

probably because the director was a white guy who didn't promote it as DIVERSITY THE MOVIE.

The thing you have to remember is, being a member of the in-group and going out of your way to virtue signal is more important than espousing the right ideals. Which is why Lena Dunham gets a pass on molesting her sister.

Because its Justice League

>Batman vs Superman

If Movie Reviewers shilled out for nuGhostbusters why not for the most iconic female hero in fiction?

Bad superhero movies are harder to forgive than bad comedies

Anything goes on Sup Forums - Television & Film

>made 800mil
its only gonna go up dude

People don't return for bad movies. We saw that this summer.

Which movies because SS made 736mil close to BvS. If it released in china it easily could have overtaken BvS.
We can only go up my dude.

I think people said the same about TMNT: Out of the Shadows

The entire controversy with nuBusters was the reaction to "it's girls now" and the negative reaction to the trailer because of it. This cannot apply to WW because she's long established as a character.

Both had massive 2nd weekend drops. They only made money because they were frontloaded. It's better to play the long game, especially if your movie is good.

>If it released in china it easily could have overtaken BvS.
Not with a Japanese main character.

If SS released in china it would probably make around 9 RMB

Even if someine did say that, which i doubt, its probably because Bayfilms always make bank but TMNT wasnt good to start with.

>SS made 736mil close to BvS. If it released in china it easily could have overtaken BvS
Which should tell you all you need to know about peoples dislike of Snyder's take.

If the first ever big screen movie with the two most well known superheroes of all time couldn't crack a billion then JL has zero chance, especially if/when it get's middling/bad reviews.

Why should people expect JL to be any different to BvS? Same director and same writer. The name Justice League doesn't mean anything to regular movie goers, and if the names Batman and Superman weren't enough to overcome Snyder then Justice League sure as hell isn't.

>We can only go up
Keep telling yourself that. People won't keep going to see movies they hate. Name recognition only get's you so far, and they've already butchered any goodwill the superheros names might've had. People already expect JL to be bad (even you only gave it 50%) It won't even do BvS numbers.

BvS would not have made the money it did if it released in other territories over time like every other movie in the world. Instead, they released it everywhere in the world on the same day so it got that huge first weekend return. The unbelievable drop in the second week was enough proof of that

You are saying that like these were the first movied to do so. Stop trying to make movie drops seem so bad. If it didnt get pulled from theaters than its not that fucking bad.
Kek
This meme about 'so and so is in it its has to make 46364 trillion billion' needs to stop.
It did well.
And everyone knows Justice League because DCAU was a huge childhood staple for casuals.
And you keep telking yoursekf the world hates DC movies. Ill juat he over here enjoying them.

>It did well.
Not in context.
>everyone knows Justice League
Members of my own family who've never read comics before went to see (and hated BvS) they have no idea nor interest in Justice League.
>keep telking yoursekf the world hates DC movies
B Cinema score, 27%RT , 69% drop and not even making 900 mil WW is a little more than telling myself.

But you keep living in your delusion where JL does more than a billion and everyone praises Snyder. I wonder what excuse you'll come up with for JL not even doing BvS numbers?

Never shit about Synder
And i can pull an outlier to in terms of who wants to see JL.
Lets put this to rest as til Nov2017 as a we'll see.

>It's reputed to be awful. A mediocre story overshadowed by knowing nods to "the fans" about how this is the last Jackman/Stewart outing. A lot of test audiences were apparently confused as to why it even needed to be a road movie other than to get the two men on screen as much as possible.

Did you just make shit up because you want it to be true or something?

I hate super hero movies. :^)

Okay

>1.2 billion

it's not

Ghost in the Shell, 900 million

IF Wonder Woman is shitty and underperforms then Justice League is fucking doomed. There's no way the three biggest characters in the Justice League movie can be in three bad films and then have their ultimate team-up movie do well. Wonder Woman being shit would be a death sentence for Justice League.

On the other hand, if Wonder Woman is good it could boost Justice League some. So basically Wonder Woman is really and truly the most important movie DC has coming.

The chance of it being good is very low

>A lot of test audiences were apparently confused as to why it even needed to be a road movie other than to get the two men on screen as much as possible.
Where did you learn that from?

The brownie points are what got it to 40%, that's pretty good for a DC movie

It's not that the movies aren't good, it's that critics are panning anything not from Disney or closely resembling their formulas (Deadpool) left and right.

I believe it. The script people were posting online months ago seems to match up with the trailer well enough, and if was pretty fucking shitty

It could still have revisions like the Deadpool script.

The only thing right in this is TMNT
You wrong so much, especially about Deadpool

how about you guess witch one I'm going to pay $$ to see.
pro tip you cant, I don't waist $$ on trash.

Lego Batman
90%
800 mil

Logan
78%
650 mil

Power Rangers
67%
600 mil

Guardians 2
97%
825 mil

Wonder Woman
65%
750 mil

Transformers 5
30%
1.2 bil

Spiderman
90%
700 mil

Kingsman 2
70%
500 mil

Thor
75%
800 mil

JL
70%
1.5 bil

Honestly the real reason BvS didn't make as much is because it wasn't family friendly enough. JL won't have that disadvantage and will definitely make a billion. I'd say even Suicide Squad was more family friendly than BvS.

Retarded list familia

>it was a tone problem, not a quality problem!
That line of thought is why Justice League is going to fail.

Except for the Disney movies they actually do pan

It wasn't a problem, it was an explanation for why it didn't make as much as it did. Kids don't have the attention span for that kind of movie and parents don't want their kids to see it. Dark Knight, while having a "serious" tone, was still family friendly.

I never saw GL, but I heard it was bad. Doesn't help that GL is a literal who to normies though.

You're seriously suggesting that TDK was more family friendly than BvS?

>its only gonna go up dude

TDK remains the only WB cape sequel to outgross the film it's a sequel to.
I can't even pretend that a movie starting with the word Batman and barely featuring dialogue from Superman is a sequel to Man of Steel, which is in the works in any case.

And that's held true since the 70's.

Your retarded conspiracy theory doesn't work when Alice 2, The BFG and Pete's Dragon got bad or lukewarm reviews

>(Deadpool)
>Closely resembling the Disney formula

I'm guessing he thinks "has jokes" means it's a Disney movie despite every blockbuster since Jaws has had a sense of humor.

Not that user, but I actually have a large group of friends that read comics and while they are enjoying DC comics right now, none of them are hyped for WW or JL, and several of them have even asked if we should just skip watching them altogether and not waste the money. BvS was god awful and if it managed to kill the hope of hardcore fans I can't imagine what it did to casual moviegoers.

And the Suicide Squad Bluray is a ripoff

>BvS was god awful and if it managed to kill the hope of hardcore fans
Nah, it's a pleb filter. Anyone who doesn't like BvS is a fake fan.

You need to be more subtle man.

After seeing the trailer for Spider-man you might want to lower your guess

>or closely resembling their formulas (Deadpool)

lol

You know what they say, drama is easy

The Lego Batman Movie
60-80
550 million

Logan
60-80
550 million

Power Rangers
20-40%
400 million

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
80-100%
950 million

Wonder Woman
60-80%
700 million

TFV
20-40%
1.05 billion

Spider-Man: Homecoming
60-80%
800 million

Kingsman 2
60-80%
550 million

Thor: Ragnarok
60-80%
750 million

Justice League
20-40%
950 million

Old Man Logan, the comic, was literally a cross country road trip with Wolverine and an old friend. Maybe they can't have all of Marvel's other properties, but they can at least do that right.

mfw Lego Batman outgrosses Justice League.

RT: 96%
BO: 1.3 billion
>more than fucking Civil War
Nah, I think it'll end up at 800-900 million.

Spiderman, however, could break the 1 billion barrier.
And I see Justice League doing pretty much the same as BvS.

>>Wonder Woman

fixed

>>Wonder Woman
>RT: 13%

Wrong

ew.com/article/2016/12/08/logan-early-reactions-praise-gritty-tone

Oh how I hope

>Early reactions meaning ANYTHING ever

They really do, remember How some critics we saying that Suicide squad was awful 1 month before the movie

>The Lego Batman Movie
RT: 81%
BO: 600 Mil

>Logan
RT: 84%
BO: 720 Mil

>Power Rangers
RT: 52%
BO: 280 Mil

RT: 90%
BO: 950 Mil

>Wonder Woman
RT: 20%
BO: 510 Mil and misogyny witch hunts on all the critics

>Transformers 5
RT: 4%
BO: 1.4 Bil

>Spider-Man: Homecoming
RT: 72%
BO: 1.1 Bil

>Thor: Ragnarok
RT: 96%
BO: 790 Mil

>Justice League
RT: 62%
BO: 800 Mil

Overall B for Marvel, D- for DC, things stay the same.

Remember the BvS standing ovation?

Which was more than made up for by the international. Nobody gives a shit about where they make money now, nobody gives a shit about whether you get taxed at 90% in China, because you can literally write that off against your tax liabilities in other countries. The president-elect calls that "smart".

Remember deadpool ovation during the pre sceen?

>>Justice League

I hope so I want five more of them.

>Story and Dialouge by Zack Snyder
it never stood a chance

how do you explain Logan getting massive praise with the preview even with the much darker tone?