New Iron Fist series announced

Announced today, “Iron Fist” will debut in March 2017 from the creative team of writer Ed Brisson and artist Mike Perkins, and will feature covers by Jeff Dekal. The new series will pick up where the character’s previous solo series, Kaare Andrews’ “Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,” left off, with Danny stumbling upon a civilization of people who somehow seem to be well-versed in the Iron Fist lineage.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/marvel-announces-new-iron-fist-comic-for-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

“K’un-Lun is the source of his powers and now that the city lays in ruins, Danny’s connection is severed,” Brisson told The Hollywood Reporter. “This affects his ability to actually be Iron Fist. His whole identity seems to be slipping away from him and he doesn’t know how to hold onto it… He’s questioning who he is and he’s pushing himself. He’s a person filled with self-doubt, but he’s always going to have his sense of humor about him — even if he’s using it to cover his own pain.”

The new series will also dig further into Danny’s past, looking to Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction and David Aja’s acclaimed series, “Immortal Iron Fist,” for story inspiration.

“What I really wanted to do was to go in and expand upon the established mythology. There’s a lot covered — or rather uncovered — in the Brubaker/Fraction/Aja run, and Kaare’s run, that provided opportunities to build upon,” Brisson says. “K’un-Lun has always had issues with infighting and corruption and everything that happens in this arc is because of that. There are threads from both series that will be followed up on. So, while there’s a newness to everything that Danny is now up against, it also feels inevitable.

“Iron Fist is one of my favorite characters and the last two series have been incredible… There’s such a legacy behind the character and I want to be sure that I do that proud.”

Source: cbr.com/marvel-announces-new-iron-fist-comic-for-2017/

Was hoping Andrews would come back to follow up on his story. Not sure I like the sound of them delving back into his past. Not familiar with the writer is he the writer for Bullseye too? But will definitely check it out.

Two series and PM&IF. It's good time to be Iron Fist fan

Sweet I know that people were divided on Andrew's run but I really enjoyed the ending.

Oh man wow what an awesome surprise, thanks for posting user :)

Idk why i hadn't anticipated a solo considering his Netflix series will be rolling out soon so it only makes sense, so i'm glad to hear it'll be very deeply rooted in his best material rather than starting anew entirely. Plus, that suit is so amazing!

I mean, Luke doesn't have a solo unless you count the miniseries so I figured PM IF counted for both of them.

Aarrgh this has just gotta be his costume in MvCi, it's so fucking sick

Hoe long until he dies and gets replaced with an Asian?

>Three fucking Iron Fist series
>Plus the inevitable Defenders one, assuming PM&IF doesn't get cancelled to make way for it
Not that I'm complaining, but can he really sustain that? This seems misguided.

He's already training a six-year-old Asian girl.

Hmm yeah maybe that's why i hadn't considered the it, since i have been reading that one (it's great).

But I'm really glad they took the bold creative decision of letting Tartakovsky do that Cage mini I'd heard he had wanted to do for a while at such a crucial point of exposure for the character. It's probably the funnest comic I've read all year

he is suppose to, It was already announced and was in the marvel preview book.

Considering he's a fictional character I'm sure he can take the strain. He's very strong.

Fuck off, Andrews' run was fucking garbage.

>writer Ed Brisson
Will consider.

Why did you now like Andrew's run?

Wait what? What happened to Kaare Andrews' "Iron Fists" that had been announced?

It's literally in the thread user, please read before you post.

GREEN
COSTUME
WHEN

Cage! was originally supposed to come out like a decade ago. Tartakovsky had gotten like half finished on it, then got busy with other stuff and the project fell through. Years later, someone asked him about whatever happened to it at a con and he said that he still had the manuscripts sitting in his office somewhere and would be down to finish it now that he's less busy but the ship had sailed.

Then Marvel called him up and told him that they'd be up for publishing it if he finished it, so he did. The renewed interest in Luke Cage thanks to his series is probably what got Marvel to give him the OK though.

He could probably have done an ongoing ontop of PM&IF but TWO ongoings is fucking crazy. And why? Luke didn't get a solo ongoing, he only got PM&IF, and Jessica's solo didn't get released until like a year after the series had come and gone, so why does Danny get the special treatment?

Iron Fists is probably just a disguised mini

>two Iron Fist books going at the same time
Such is the power of television.

or a one-shot

isn't the other crap cancelled?

>you live in a world where three iron fist books and heroes for hire might be going on at the same time
>Iron Fist, Iron Fists, and a Kaane Andrews book

and none of them good
it's like hell

Power Man and Iron Fist good

my poop good. you dumb

>The new series will also dig further into Danny’s past, looking to Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction and David Aja’s acclaimed series, “Immortal Iron Fist,” for story inspiration.
For Anti-Andrews guys

Iron Fists IS the Kaare Andrews book.

Iron Fists IS Andrews book

JJ took so long because Bendis wanted to wait for the artist from the original run to be able to do it.

>The new series will pick up where the character’s previous solo series, Kaare Andrews’ “Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,” left off

TURNING BUILDINGS INTO KUNG-FU MECHA WITH THE POWER OF ZEN IS FUCKING CANON

>The Living Weapon is canon and there's nothing Sup Forums can do about it.

Nope, still coming.

I can ignore this garbage, that's what I can do.

What's the point of pretending fiction you don't like doesn't exist when fiction itself doesn't exist?

Whoa~

>“Iron Fist is one of my favorite characters and the last two series have been incredible
Wasn't one of the more recent ones total crap?

>still no Shang-Chi book
Oh. Okay.

He was on a cover with other Adian superheroes, and he's now in future fight. Lets see what post-Defenders brings.

>He was on a cover with other Adian superheroes
That's the Totally Awesome Hulk cover, right? Apparently there's literally some guy who assembled a bunch of Asian heroes for some reason in the comic, which is hilarious.
So he'll probably be in the comic itself.

Oh thank god

Kaare Andrew's book was garbage so I wasn't looking forward to the sequel

It was great and a nice throw back to the angry martial arts stories that he was originally insipired by. The steam punk stuff was a little forced but honestly I enjoyed it

/Thread.

>Kaare Andrew's book was garbage so I wasn't looking forward to the sequel
It's still coming. This is just happening concurrently with it. I imagine this is meant to be the ongoing while that's probably a stealth mini.

At least it's getting his face out there.

Ok so we have the Good, the Bad and the Ugly now.
I can live with it and see how powerless Iron Fist goes about.

>Still no Power Man & Iron Fist series starring Max & Victor

I bet this synergy will serve them as well as their Luke Cage synergy.

Which is to say, the book might last two or three issues before being cancelled

I just want them to show up in PM&IF.
Danny gets mad, and Luke just asks Victor what, exactly, he was thinking.

Forgot this was gonna be a thing. Is it still gonna be a thing?

Too dark, edgy and angsty. Nothing like Danny's ever been, especially lately.

How is PM&IF now? I kind of gave up on it after a couple of issues because the characterization felt really off and the art was so ugly.

This is more promising to me than Iron Fists, with it's 8 year old girl with the Iron Fist.

>K’un-Lun is the source of his powers and now that the city lays in ruins,

Not the first time that's happened.

>The new series will also dig further into Danny’s past, looking to Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction and David Aja’s acclaimed series, “Immortal Iron Fist,” for story inspiration.

But seeing as how that's about as far back as anyone is willing to look, I guess nothing about Master Khan or the like from his original/PM-IF series will come up.

Because I can