Ben 10

I used to like this guy but now I hate how overpowered they made this asshole over the years. Who's Idea Was It to make Ben 10 overpowered and unbeatable by any fictional character?????

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/#0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The actual problem isn't having an OP character; the problem was making him dumber and dumber after Alien Force's season 2.

Having an OP idiot means he will rely more on power and less on strategy. Having a smart MC regardless of strength means he will need to use that intelligence in addition to power in his battles. Which in turn means the villains will have similar level of strength, which in turn means things will be evened out

Seems like Man of Action, the creators of this character, wanted to make another all-American-superhero, propagating conservative American values. 2nd and 3rd season was all about this. They let some air go in "Omniverse", which redesigned Ben to be less buffoon and more easy-going. The reboot of Ben in this year doesn't satisfied me and I let it go.

He is beaten up on EVERY episode.

He win most of the time, but he is beaten up at least once.

Even his strongest Ben 10000 version gets beaten.

Toon Force characters can beat him.

The original series came out when I was 12 and stopped watching cartoon network, im 22 now, is the show worth getting into or is it a cheesy toy commercial

What? Nigga lost a lot
The fuck?
I will never understand the hate vision people have for this show. Highlight of my Saturday mornings B

Omniverse is really good

isn't that like the 4th season?

Omniverse start slow, but them it gets crazier and awesome.

I say that it is like Ben 10 meets Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy.

I hear some people say that alien force and ultimate alien are the best seasons it that true?

>that scanty comparison
no

The first season of alien force was good. Everything else was fucking shit.

I enjoyed the ultimate kevin arc at the very least. even if it was bullshit how easily he was forgiven

First arc of Alien Force is pretty cool, and I would say that it would help to understand Omniverse.

The rest is pretty shitty tho, removes the enphasis of "super hero show" and makes everything more about the aliens - like removing magic and changing it to alien power - many people also werent fond of the characterizations. The world in general also feels smaller.

These things were retconed later on Omniverse.

Ultimate Alien is shit, the only thing that you need to know is who Albeedo is, and you can use a wiki for it.

That is why everything about Kevin was retconed in Omniverse.

I personally didn't mind magic playing a lesser role (mostly because I found it cool Gwen wasn't capable of it just because lolimsosmart), though I guess part-alien Gwen doesn't work well with the timelines they introduced where she gets to have the Omnitrix

I love how they could have explained all the changes with "every show is its own universe" but later they decided to add two diferet retcons one with the alien X remaking the universe and other where the evil plummer guys changing the memories of Max and Kevin.

so are they all the same narritive or are they all reboots (like digimon)

Same universe, all of them follow the same continuity, and there are multiple nods and references to other shows.

You still can whatch them just fine separated tho.

Only the last one of this year that is a different universe.

They wanted to make an arc with Agregor on Omniverse, but we just got the concept art. Its a shame.

Funny thing is that the people who worked on the Ultimate Alien season and went to work on Omniverse hated the direction that the arc took.

The new reboot killed my interest in Ben 10. Again.

Loved the first series
The beginning of Alien Force was ok
Then I stopped watching
UA was ass
Omniverse was fun as hell

And now this. 10 years is a hell of a run.

IMO alien force is decent but it gets a bit bland at the end, but Ultimate Alien is a fucking mess.
Also overall i was never a fan of AF UA artstyle that was trying to ape Bruce Timm style but zero of the personality, I know a lot of people harp on Omniverse artstyle but it grows into you and looks way better on movement, AF UA styles just fell a bit too safe and boring to me.
Still overall better than the reboot though.

Haven't really been watching the show, but if he's so powerful, why not just keep upping the stakes and power of each new villain? If he's a one man army, then have him fight an entire army himself.

There's nothing stopping him from going Way Big or Atomic every fight except for the fact that he doesn't want to.
But in Omniverse, he messes up and turns into a random alien 95% of the time. The funny thing is Asmuth told him to stop slamming the watch down so hard but he kept doing it anyway.

in the big finale in omniverse Ben admited he kinda liked having random aliens as it kept him on his toes and made him unpredictable, also he said that somehow the omnitrix always gave him the alien he needed even if it wasn't the want that he wanted.

>people who worked on the Ultimate Alien season and went to work on Omniverse hated the direction that the arc took.
Didn't they say, the Aggregor arc is omniverse wasen't made because one UA left a mess to clean and second they didn't want, like even they hated UA

Sasuke Uchiha was always overpowered, and he only continued to get more and more overpowered as the series went on.

Sasuke is a faggot tho.

I'm still sad about all the potential that Naruto wasted

Early Naruto:
>ninjas have a few specific powers they have to use cleverly
>being able to copy ninja powers is enough to be world renowned
>a gang of thirty normal thugs is enough to feasibly kill mid-level ninja
>a single ultra-duel of a few minutes is enough to exhaust elite ninja
>weird creatures and weird powers come from different sources

Late Naruto:
>a small ninja child can kill a two-story-tall superbear in one punch
>elite ninjas have eighty different special techniques
>an elite ninja can fight ten thousand normal people at once without getting tired
>all the weird creatures and weird powers came from Kaguya
>ALL OF THEM FOREVER

Also,

early:
>ninjas work for civilians
>the daimyos are important
>hidden villages are effectively the country's secret ops

late:
>civilians don't matter
>the author literally forgot about the governments and the Kages are in charge of everything
>hidden villages are the entire military forces of their countries

whew

Also the worst part
>Naruto and some of his friends Lee,Chouji and some others represent undergrounds fighting their way to the top without losing their core and showing you don't have to come from a cool Clan to be powerful

Late Naruto
>eugenics rules
>Naruto's Clan was the second most powerful one, fuck hard work, power ups just for blood line

The guy who writes My Hero Academia better not pull a naruto

Third series.

Kek

at least best girl won and the butthurt from the loosing shippers was hilarious.
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/#0

>best girl won

Top tier taste, user. Couldn't agree more.

I've wondered why Ben is always male in his alien forms. Surely not all of them have similar chromosomal biology with only a binary distinction. I know it sounds like rant you'd hear from an LGBT campaigner but thinking about it logically it makes sense.

Maybe he can only transform into species that would suit such a thing (i.e. he wouldn't transform into an asexual/genderless being). Also, Ben 10 apparently follows the far too common "every alien species is sexually compatible with humans" trope, so I dunno, maybe every sentient species in the universe does work on a biological binary

Don't forget when he had babies.

I see the Omnitrix modifies a species if it is a mono gender to keep him his own gender, but too be honest I'm not a fan of forcing a character to gender bend in cartoons and just stay in fan art.

>Seems like Man of Action, the creators of this character, wanted to make another all-American-superhero, propagating conservative American values.
How? I'm not saying you're wrong but can you please elaborate?

But one of Azmuth's complaints about the Ultimatrix was that it fucked around with the genome of the specimens, that's why he gave Ben an omnitrix with 'pure' transformations as a replacement when it was destroyed.
Maybe Azmuth is a big old misogynist and only chose creatures that had a clearly defined gender.

Him not getting the alien he wanted was the best because not only did he have to use strategy, but that means we'd get a greater chance to see all the different aliens be used. Remember in AF/UA where he picked SpiderMonkey and Big Chill all the time?

I don't think so, Azmuth respects women, for example Zennith being the woman he loved and such, I just don't like forced gender bending on Ben (even if the Omnitrix is meant as a peace making device, but can also protect), see enough of that in fan art lately.

Oh god this brings back so many fucking hilarious memories!

Tell me did the Bleach Fandom get this pissy when IchiRuki got sunk and IchiHime became endgame?

That is what I love about Ben 10 is that the Omnitrix helps him think and figure out a situation, makes me wish it had an AI, it could really make things interesting.

Bleach isn't nearly as Mainstream as Naruto is so I'd doubt it.

Like there were people that had no idea that shit was even ending. EVERYONE knew about Naruto's Ending.

While we're on the subject of talking about Endgame Ships and since this is a Ben 10 Thread....

Does anyone else think that Ben's endgame being Kai Green felt a little idk... Underwhelming?

Not saying that I'm against the idea of Ben ending up with a Human Chick, but there were SO MUCH Hot Alien Booty in this series it just kinda sucks that they played it safe and went with the more "Tame" options. (Kai and Julie)

No offense to Kai Green or Julie, I just think it would've been way more interesting to see him end with someone like Attea or even Ester.

Also while I thought Gwen and Kevin were an interesting couple in theory, watching their "Chemistry" in Alien Force made no sense to me? She had ZERO interest in him and vice versa in the Original Show, then comes along Alien Force and they're gaga over each other? Then it turns out in Omniverse that they liked each other since they were kids???
least't mind this pairing as much but at least it should be consistent.

Yeah, I didn't mind the Kai and Ben endgame pairing, but the show had so many awesome girls I would've love to see end up with Ben. (Ben and Looma being my all time favorite pair)

Alien X has two personalities that Ben has to agree with to do anything, and the personalities can debate for thousand of years so Alien X is mostly useless.

I could've sworn they eventually gave him full control
Yes if your surname is Uchiha you're gonna be overpowered as fuck. Madara and alien x have a lot of fan wank in death battle type debates

They did, they just like arguing so when Ben stopped trying to get one of them to side with him and just said "Give me control and you two can argue all you want for eternity and I won't bother you" they just let him

>mostly useless
True enough, but when they do sort their shit out they can recreate the universe.
Also I never really understood how, when he was on trial, other beings could tell the universe had been altered by Ben. Surely they would've been recreated as well and wouldn't have known any different?

The Celestial Sapiens live on the space BETWEEN universes.

Watching Omniverse, I forgot how unique and great this series was. The alien designs have always been the strong point imo, I also love how Waybig appears to be some sort of Ultraman homage.

I've watched all of the series up to Omniverse with the exception of the Generator Rex crossover (somehow). While I was never big on Ultimate Alien Ben, I did love Generator Rex, is it worth watching?

That was only temporary that is why Ben still never uses Alien X because he knows the universe will already be gone before Alien X does a single thing.

It absolutely is.
The interaction between Ben and Rex was great. Action-wise, it does feel more like a Generator Rex episode, but with Ben being a wild card, it works. The way they made the story work was good too.

He never did get Ghostfreak back after dropping him into the sun, did he?

Yes

He did, but he came with chains to the Omnitrix.

The next time he used Alien X against the Amalgams he was fucking destroying them. He had complete control